Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? (74059 Views)

How Much Will I Need To Roof This 3 Bedroom Bungalow - / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / This House Takes 6 Hours To Build And Costs Just $33K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by okomile(f): 6:15pm On Mar 01, 2022
b3llo:
hahaha..... This Ur comment sweet me for belle o

Thank u grin
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by MrLondonder: 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2022
iamL:

Which school did you attend in London? State the name let me check if you were actually a student there with this your writeup.

calm down sir..,..am a londoner and altho my range rover is only £37,000(cash), moiney is not everytin. i live in expensive flat near riverside. and we dont have huts like that hear in london bro. even my dog cannnot eat brealfast there sir
Op live in a hut but say the hut is a house. Can u honestly carrry a babe to a junk yard hut like that? who leaves in that kinda place in 2022?....are u kiddddin me sir? I notise 98% of the people in these thread live in hut like that which is why they tink is a great home. Am sorrry but I cant even park my range in a junk place like that...they should break that hut down & sell the brick to homeless pooor people!!!(no oofeinse) angry
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by samguru(m): 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2022
Iamgrey5:
I don't know everything but from my knowledge of roofing from 4 houses I have supervised, I know Carpenter does not need 2by 6 for logging

Only 2by 2 for nogging for Abestos celling and 2 by 3 for POP.

But you are talking to a carpenter
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by iamL(f): 6:29pm On Mar 01, 2022
MrLondonder:

calm down sir..,..am a londoner and altho my range rover is only £37,000(cash), moiney is not everytin. i live in expensive flat near riverside. and we dont have huts like that hear in london bro. even my dog cannnot eat brealfast there sir
Op live in a hut but say the hut is a house. Can u honestly carrry a babe to a junk yard hut like that? who leaves in that kinda place in 2022?....are u kiddddin me sir? I notise 98% of the people in these thread live in hut like that which is why they tink is a great home. Am sorrry but I cant even park my range in a junk place like that...they should break that hut down & sell the brick to homeless pooor people!!!(no oofeinse) angry

Ode,,, oriokpe, ekpa shisha.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by MrLondonder: 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2022
iamL:

Ode,,, oriokpe, ekpa shisha.

Calm down brother...am a lover not a fighter, however:
-I have moiney(pound stalin).....U dont (naira)..
-am a londoner...U aint
-I drive £37,000 range rover (cash).....u ride okada motocycle.
-I leave in a Riverside side pent house flat inLondon Pekam....U live near a jungle iin Sokoto state!!(were ever tharrrrris)
No oofeinse!! angry
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by JKisOK(m): 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2022
MrLondonder:

bro i drive a range rover & i own 3 flat in Pekam (gooogle Pekam sir). we dont build hut here in London sir, we buy house/ flat or Mansion so please please please if people dopnt have moiney to buy house, stop building hut & callin hut house...thats iligal
YOU EITHER HAV MOINEY OR U DONT....I DO, THEY DONT!!!!!!! (No oofeinse) angry

Poor you. Fake all through. You don't even know how to spell the name of the place where you claim you live in.

Pekam, my foot!!!!!!!!!

Get real, man. Stop living a lie make depression no go kill you.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by Ashaolutaiwo45(m): 7:09pm On Mar 01, 2022
Text me, it depends on the roof you want [color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by okoroemeka(m): 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2022
PROPEACE:

According to my estimation, the house is about 4.1m x 12m. Given a roof height of 2m, you will need 4 bundles of Ghana zinc to roof it. Each bundle costs #31000, that gives you #124,000 naira. If you pay #8000 on nails and accessories and #25000 on labour, that brings the figure to #157,000.
OP, you'd need roughly #160,000 to fix it.
I like your analysis very sensible,I was reading the other day what it cost #17 million for someone to build a four bedroom bungalow in badagry and I was baffled,workers and contractors are not smiling,I was astounded,#600k for soakaway pit that measured not more than 10ft by 6ft by 10 ft deep,#600-700k for wiring,#28k for a tipper of sand(along the beach in badagry)
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by kingreign(m): 7:24pm On Mar 01, 2022
halima83:
Please building experts/carpenters in the house, how much will it cost me to roof this house using ghana zinc, the ridge cap etc?

My lovely Nairaland e wife. kiss I miss you embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by MrLondonder: 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2022
JKisOK:

Poor you. Fake all through. You don't even know how to spell the name of the place where you claim you live in.

Pekam, my foot!!!!!!!!!

Get real, man. Stop living a lie make depression no go kill you.

calm down babes...therris no need for violense
do u relice am from London & if not for nairaland...u can never get shance to talk to a londoner....so becuz u donbt have moiney, u tink that Hut is a mansion...correct? is that how mansion loooklike there in Nigeria? brick wit no rooof? Bros from were we come from sir...that thing is a hut sir..!!!(no oofeinse) angry
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by Remnita(f): 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2022
1.8million
If you’re using Gerard.
Normal coloured zinc 1.2 million
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by Bright2(m): 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2022
400k with flashers and accessories.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by halima83: 7:59pm On Mar 01, 2022
Rubbiish:

The part of the building I marked in red line, a concrete pillar should be there & not block. I think u should tell ur bricklayer to support it with a concrete pillar. That block may fail with time. This is very important.
thanks
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by miqos02(m): 8:04pm On Mar 01, 2022
b3llo:
Why did you not close your eyes and do concrete pillar instead of using blocks as pillars?
what is the advantage bro?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by b3llo(m): 8:07pm On Mar 01, 2022
miqos02:
what is the advantage bro?
Concrete pillar will reinforce the horizontal lintel and inturn support the building.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by mekusmanuel(f): 8:15pm On Mar 01, 2022
I don't know for Ghanaian zinc. But Cameroon zinc is nowadays costly here in Nigeria. My dad spent a million naira and more for the skeleton, zinc and ceiling. I'm talking of a 5 bedroom bungalow with a sitting room, kitchen, toilet and bathroom
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 01, 2022
b3llo:
Why did you not close your eyes and do concrete pillar instead of using blocks as pillars?

I'm imagining how they laid the blocks from down to meet the lintel

I think there is an iron pillar as it meets the lintel, then they used the blocks to cover pending plastering. But you could be correct anyway, suggesting that the builders are the brick layers residing in the village
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by miqos02(m): 8:21pm On Mar 01, 2022
b3llo:
Concrete pillar will reinforce the horizontal lintel and inturn support the building.
thanks for that
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by miqos02(m): 8:24pm On Mar 01, 2022
MrLondonder:

huh? how can he rent out a hut that loooklike zoo?can u take babe to that kinda house that loooklike hut from village? no lift, no air conditionar, no AC, no roooof, no water & no gate...trusss me, u take babe to that kinda ugly place, she will call Police on u for toastin her....and by the way, am a londoner from london!!!!(no oofeinse) angry
you are trying very hard to be funny
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by olanje: 8:34pm On Mar 01, 2022
Rubbiish:

The part of the building I marked in red line, a concrete pillar should be there & not block. I think u should tell ur bricklayer to support it with a concrete pillar. That block may fail with time. This is very important.
its may be reinforced block
miqos02:
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by sonofthunder: 8:44pm On Mar 01, 2022
Can someone advise on the advantages and disadvantages of flat roofing and raise roofing.

Thanks
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by MrLondonder: 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2022
miqos02:

brother. we dont have hut in london & i having seen building like that in my life essspicialy in 2022...how can they call a hut a nouse. does that make sence sir?(no ofoeinse) angry
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:51pm On Mar 01, 2022
MrLondonder:

. YOU ARE COMPLETE ARINDI, ODE, OPONU, EKPA, OKPO, THATS WHAT YOU ARE
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by zoghys: 8:55pm On Mar 01, 2022
MrLondonder:

brother may be u from the village but am from london.....things like this we call hut, why?

1. the hut was build ina village
2. that thing is surrrouded by village
3. can u take a babe to a hut without no roooof?? undecided
4. no escalator
5. no AC
6. were will u hide when rain fall.
....should i continue.

Bro, only bush people build house in 2022....we buy house sir!!!(no oofeinse) angry

your mumu neva do. Na london you dey karamo like this, o boy grow up.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2022
MrLondonder:

do u relice am from London & if not for nairaland...u can never get shance to talk to a londoner....so becuz u donbt have moiney, u tink that Hut is a mansion...correct? is that how mansion loooklike there in Nigeria? brick wit no rooof? Bros from were we come from sir...that thing is a hut sir..!!!(no oofeinse) angry
. FROM THE LAST TIME I CHECKED IT IS SPELT THIS WAY REALIZE AND NO relice as you spelt, AGAIN FROM THE LAST TIME I CHECKED THE BRITISH THOUGHT US THE USE OF USE, WHY IS IT YOU CANT EVEN SPEAK OR SPEAK LIKE WHERE YOU CLAIM YOU STAY?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by peacefulhome(f): 8:57pm On Mar 01, 2022
377:
nothing less than 9.4 million naira

Wetin
His he using 0.70 guage?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:00pm On Mar 01, 2022
MrLondonder:

. FROM THE LAST TIME I CHECKED IT IS SPELT THIS WAY REALIZE AND NOT: relice as you spelt, AGAIN FROM THE LAST TIME I CHECKED, THE BRITISH THOUGHT US THE USE OF USE OF ENGLISH, WHY IS IT THAT YOU CANT EVEN SPEAK OR SPEAK LIKE AN ENGLISH MAN WHO LIVE IN LONDON AS YOU CLAIM YOU ARE? INFACT YOU SEEMS TO BE A CLAWN.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by Okere18: 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2022
It will cost you a million or more depending on the roofing sheet you buy
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by RayRay2022: 9:02pm On Mar 01, 2022
halima83:
Please building experts/carpenters in the house, how much will it cost me to roof this house using ghana zinc, the ridge cap etc?

You only need around 4 iron rod of probably 12inchs those cost about just under #4,500, along with binding wire, just one bundle. U used have used that as piler instead of using block. I understand this are hard, but then again what’s the point of starting something that might fail?? In terms of roofing, you should budget under 200k. That should roof it for you. People saying 500k have no idea what they talking bour
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by Rider01(m): 9:04pm On Mar 01, 2022
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by Lightorder: 9:06pm On Mar 01, 2022
Help2020:

Why you they take an personal. I'm only joking
a million apologies, I was joking

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? by peacefulhome(f): 9:08pm On Mar 01, 2022
halima83:

Bros , please don't stress your self. Just walk into any aluminum company . Provide them with the house sketch. With that you can arrive at the actual meters you will need for the roofing of your house.
Another option, get quotation from two or three roofers. Compare the total meters given.
You can use 0.45 for the roof , while 0.55 can go for the flatsheet( such as BB, Eave Angle, Ridges , Bottom Etc) . But where there is sufficient funds, kindly use 0.55 although. Budget 1.5 million provided is quality aluminum you intend to use. Money no dey any where, so no let any body outsmart you . Congrats , more wins.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Baths And Swims In His Flooded House (Photos) / What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago / Can You Swim In These Swimming Pools!? -(pics Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.