Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Buhari's Mistakes And Blunders In Political Appointments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Mistakes And Blunders In Political Appointments (206 Views)

Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments / Anambra Governor, Soludo Announces 3 New Political Appointments / Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Mistakes And Blunders In Political Appointments by blackpanda: 9:53am On Mar 01, 2022
This is not a thread to hate on Mr President whom I still believe had the most genuine intentions during the 2015 elections. But in my view, most of buhari's vision were jettisoned based on the caliber of persons he (was forced to) appoint to political offices.

In my view, the following are some of the worst:

Note I won't even bother with ministers of state (except petroleum) because they are practically unuseful in administration.

1. Minister of FCT Mohammed Bello

For me this is one of the worst so far. Abuja Fact has practically become an eyesore. The Minister seems clueless with zero record of any achievement to show since 2015. No transport system at all, dirty unkempt environment, dubious land transactions, zero initiative or innovation, I can go on

2. Minister of Health Osahie Ehanire
He has basically spent his tenure fighting one political appointees or the other. He more or less a footmat who is ready to dance to the tune of his appointors. I don't see any innovation in the health sector

3. Minister of interior Rauf Aregbesola
This minister has been plagued with one form of financial impropriety or the other. It's a mystery how he has managed to last for so long in the cabinet. Most of the agencies under interior have basically been looted to stupor. Corruption is the order of the day

4. Minister of Mines and Steel Mr Adegbite
Another useless appointee on my view. He has not recorded success in anything since his appointment. Mines and Steel which ought to be one of Nigeria's cash cow owing to our large mineral deposits and gold, has basically become redundant.

5. Minister of Science Ogbonnaya Onu
There's been nothing scientific about this appointment. The ministry appears to be unaware of their responsibilities. Again no innovation or initiative taken. Zero achievements

6. Minister of Petroleum Timipre Sylva
This one is just a toothless bulldog. But it's not really his fault. The ministry which is supposed to oversee NNPC is domiciled in one tiny cubicle inside the NNPC towers. So obviously the Minister of State has no say against his landlord. He basically relies on his aganvies for funding the activities of the ministry, so the oversight is non existent. The GMD is way bigger than the Minister.

These are the ones I can think of for now. And it's so sad how they have let Nigerians down
Re: Buhari's Mistakes And Blunders In Political Appointments by Maxymilliano(m): 10:00am On Mar 01, 2022
Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq - She's the real disaster undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

INEC Okays Only 18 Parties To Participate In 2023 Elections / Nigeria's WEF Puppet Govt Bans Russian Times / Wives Of Nigerian Governors Arrive Dubai To Present Birthday Cake To Aisha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.