Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,277 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands (17610 Views)

2023: Why APC Bigwigs Have Eyes On Jonathan / Dele Momodu: Doyin Okupe Is Owing Me $20,000 From 2015 Bet On Jonathan / APC Governors Swoop On Jonathan Ahead Of 2023 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by 10Ebisco: 10:15pm On Jun 14, 2018
A Kaduna-based Islamic scholar, Ahmad Gumi has made it clear that he does not take side with any politician or political party in Nigeria.

He stated this during the closing of Ramadan lecture for 2018, at Shaikh Sanusi Khalil Mosque at Rigachikun, Kaduna on Thursday.

On Buhari’s government, Gumi said: “Buhari is full of mistakes. Full of mistakes! He is a human being like anybody. And I swear to God that there are many people here in the North that can perform better than him.”

The cleric was reacting to claims that he was critical of the All Progressives Congress (APC), because he has friends in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The rumour emerged because of a picture of Gumi with two PDP leaders, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and former Kaduna State governor, Ramalan Yero, which he claimed was taken at a public event long ago.

“There was a picture that was snapped at a mosque in Rigachikun. When I was invited to attend a wedding fatiha, on arrival I met him (Mr Yero) and former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, at the mosque.

“Then he (Atiku) was still in APC as a member and contested against President Buhari at the primaries, while Yero was then in PDP as a governor in the state.

“I was asked to sit in their middle so I did. Now the picture is in circulation that I am a PDP member, that PDP paid me to work for them,” he said.

Gumi recalled also criticising the government of former President Goodluck Jonathan and asking the president to resign or be impeached.

“Nigeria’s newspaper carried a headline in 2012, when I said Jonathan has failed Nigerians and should resign. So I also find it a duty upon me to tell this government the truth, that it is full of mistakes, or else I become a hypocrite.

“Why I blamed Jonathan was because of blood in his hands because Boko Haram were putting bombs everywhere and the government was not doing enough.

“Anybody killed under your regime, you are responsible for that blood. If you have done your best, I can say yes, Allah can forgive you. But if you are relaxed, no; Allah will not forgive you. So it is the same thing now.

“The bloodshed now is more than during Jonathan’s regime. So now you judge yourselves to be fair. Our religion is a religion of fairness.

“Now more blood is shed from negligence, from sleeping, from laziness, from I-dont-care.

“If I am true to myself, as I called for the resignation of Jonathan, I should call for the resignation of President Buhari, and with immediate effect! And government paper should carry it also, if there is truth,” he stressed.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/sheik-gumi-opens-up-on-buharis-mistakes.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB_CPUd3UJc

15 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by Bimpe29: 11:03pm On Jun 14, 2018
He has said it all... Like Jonathan like Buhari. Which way forward, Nigerians

24 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by alhassanyusuf29(m): 12:40am On Jun 15, 2018
watch how a Muslim Islamic cleric become a hero to the delusional ipob flat.head jews bcuz he criticized buhari

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by SalamRushdie: 12:43am On Jun 15, 2018
A cleric with honor

21 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by xandy84: 1:47am On Jun 15, 2018
I'm glad to know we still have people in Nigeria who has concience to say the truth and not sell their soul for peanuts like Keyamo and Prof. sagay.
I always wonder why APC thinks everyone that criticize them is PDP member or PDP sponsor.
APC should use criticism as a feedback from electorates in measuring the deliveries of their electoral promises and not like witch hunt from anybody that criticize them.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by EricBloodAxe: 2:28am On Jun 15, 2018
This cleric better watch his back before buhari ragtag Fulani brothers change location from kaduna south and proceed to dump bullets at his enclavE.

3 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by MrExcel(m): 6:37am On Jun 15, 2018
Sheikh Gumi has been a man that would say it as it is. Only numbskull will insult him. #KICKPMB2DAURA

31 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by magoo10(m): 6:40am On Jun 15, 2018
The cleric keeps shouting it loud that buhari is very incompetent and that there is more blood shed going on in this govt than the Jonathan government despite promises made by buhari yet they are hell bent in using propaganda which they are known for to shut him up . who knows they might even accuse him of sponsoring kidnapping

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by lonecatt(m): 6:53am On Jun 15, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:
watch how a Muslim Islamic cleric become a hero to the delusional ipob flat.head jews bcuz he criticized buhari
and you think you made sense with this rubbish you typed?
so anyone who speaks the truth should be condemned because of one useless brainless buhari

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by activistjohnny(m): 7:01am On Jun 15, 2018
"I demanded same from President Jonathan when Boko Haram was killing Nigerians" - Sheik Gumi

Says Buhari has lost touch with the people if he thinks everyone asking him to do the right thing are sponsored by PDP

Video Credit: Maiyegun diary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB_CPUd3UJc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by eaglejay13(m): 7:09am On Jun 15, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:
watch how a Muslim Islamic cleric become a hero to the delusional ipob flat.head jews [b]bcuz he criticized buhari[/b]

Because he said the truth.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by BAILMONEY: 7:28am On Jun 15, 2018
Bimpe29:
He has said it all... Like Jonathan like Buhari. Which way forward, Nigerians
ARE.YOU ONE OF THE GUYS WITH GENDER ISSUE
Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by BAILMONEY: 7:30am On Jun 15, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:
YOUR FELLOW ISLAMIC JIHADISTS NEVER REACH HERE

2 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by otokx(m): 7:40am On Jun 15, 2018
Where is Father Mbaka?

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:41am On Jun 15, 2018
10Ebisco:

On Buhari’s government, Gumi said: “Buhari is full of mistakes. Full of mistakes! He is a human being like anybody. And I swear to God that there are many people here in the North that can perform better than him.”

So I also find it a duty upon me to tell this government the truth, that it is full of mistakes, or else I become a hypocrite.

“Anybody killed under your regime, you are responsible for that blood.

“The bloodshed now is more than during Jonathan’s regime. So now you judge yourselves to be fair. Our religion is a religion of fairness.

“Now more blood is shed from negligence, from sleeping, from laziness, from I-dont-care.

“If I am true to myself, as I called for the resignation of Jonathan, I should call for the resignation of President Buhari, and with immediate effect! And government paper should carry it also, if there is truth,” he stressed.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/sheik-gumi-opens-up-on-buharis-mistakes.html
Sarrki, Madriguy, Buhariguy, this man is not an IPOB oooooooo

Learn to say the truth for the sake of your children and unborn generation!

Buhari has failed! He deserve to continue to battle with his conscience in Daura come 2019!

Let's retire Buhari to Daura!

25 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by HiddenShadow: 8:10am On Jun 15, 2018
otokx:
Where is Father Mbaka?
You mean Politician Mbaka
Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by Paperwhite(m): 8:48am On Jun 15, 2018

Junaid Muhammed,Shehu Sanni, Buba Galadima, ACF, & other major northern stakeholders have said & are still saying it but zombies what say ya

5 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by nairavsdollars(f): 8:48am On Jun 15, 2018
All these fake Sheikh who are supporting Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen because they are fellow Muslims
Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by Codes151(m): 8:50am On Jun 15, 2018
What u saying exactly...
Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by Bossontop(m): 8:50am On Jun 15, 2018
undecided
If u know u know!!

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by dakeskese(m): 8:52am On Jun 15, 2018
This man is greater than Mbaka!

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by bedspread: 8:52am On Jun 15, 2018
I saw this video about 2weeks ago and I was Shocked when I heard a few things from the Sheik!

Afterall not all Muslims are Evil...... Even tho it's the Problem of the World today..

Thumbs up to a Man of Boldness and Truth..

I Repeat ; another Term with Buhari , Will witness The Greatest Bloodshed and Ethnic Cleansing in Africa...

There is Nothing like a Good Devil... No matter what He does, a devil remains a devil..

11 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by hucienda: 8:53am On Jun 15, 2018
The truth is bitter.

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by blackaxe78: 8:54am On Jun 15, 2018
His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) will definitely take very stringent measures towards National security in the days to come.

He will leave office on a good note come 2023
Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by walosky(m): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2018
alhassanyusuf29:

I guess you deserve 3 medals of which one goes to your parents as well

6 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by dollarcoolcat(m): 8:56am On Jun 15, 2018
When you see an honourable individual, nothing convince you more than their words and actions.. Everything that happened durin GEJ tenure are still evidently happening now, we don't need to sugar coat it!

Eid Mubaraq to all my fellow muslim brothers nd sisters

2 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by ipobarecriminals: 8:57am On Jun 15, 2018
sad Terrorists dem dem
Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by emezuo17: 8:58am On Jun 15, 2018
You lot are not just normal, what has the topic got to do with what you just wrote? Ok let's assume the people you mentioned actually start praising him because he critised buhari, is that not a plus to their integrity, at least they are consistent in their opinions it doesn't matter who says it. To me that is steadfastness. You guys really need grow up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by bedspread: 8:58am On Jun 15, 2018
blackaxe78:
His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) will definitely take very stringent measures towards National security in the days to come.

[s]He will leave office on a good note come 2023[/s]

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by DAntivirus: 8:59am On Jun 15, 2018
Never knew we had Muslims of this sort still existing.

I guess its not about religion, its more about integrity and mental exposure.

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands by sanpipita(m): 8:59am On Jun 15, 2018
Funny how Buhari's failure is just mistakes, but Jonathan own is blood on his hands, are people not dying even more under Buhari, wonder on whose hands those blood will be on.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obaseki Alleges Plot To Intimidate, Arrest PDP Members / Akpabio Accuses Dino Melaye Of Using Chibok Girls Saga To Win 2015 Elections / Postponement: President Buhari Apologises To His Supporters And Nigerians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.