Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users (970 Views)

Digital Skill Is No Longer The Way Forward / How Do I Download Udemy Courses On My PC For Offline Viewing? / Please Help On How To Watch Udemy Offline Videos With Any Video Player (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 01, 2022
YesterNight, I wanted to watch some tutorials I downloaded on YouTube just a day earlier, but to my chagrin, I was prevented.

The videos are locked (sorry I didn't take the screenshot before upgrading) and when I clicked on them, I was advised to update to YouTube premium before I can watch the videos I downloaded.

I ended up upgrading.

Who else experience it.
Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by SqueezedPant: 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2022
I was able to use it without premium
Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by Mrchusenvessel(m): 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2022
360p is the highest download quality now for free users
Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2022
SqueezedPant:
I was able to use it without premium

I was doing so likewise, i was surprised that I was prevented yesterday. I still use it the day before then.

Every video I downloaded suddenly had the notification "this video is not available for download".
Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by confidant: 2:31pm On Mar 01, 2022
Mine currently. Can’t use it.. I’m currently offshore and had downloaded lots to keep me going on lonely days. YouTube failed me this time around.

Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 01, 2022
That is exactly what happens to mine.

Do you use VPN?

confidant:
Mine currently. Can’t use it.. I’m currently offshore and had downloaded lots to keep me going on lonely days. YouTube failed me this time around.
Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by confidant: 2:43pm On Mar 01, 2022
AdeOri99:
That is exactly what happens to mine.

Do you use VPN?

No I did not
Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 01, 2022
confidant:

No I did not

I thought it was the VPN I used, but when I turned it off, it was still same.

Maybe it was because you downloaded many video.

I downloaded 17 in total, each averaging 2hrs.
Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by confidant: 2:55pm On Mar 01, 2022
AdeOri99:

I thought it was the VPN I used, but when I turned it off, it was still same.

Maybe it was because you downloaded many video.

I downloaded 17 in total, each averaging 2hrs.

It’s business for them anyway.. They keep improving on ways to make more money. I really do not blame them.

1 Like

Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by Bloggersp: 2:59pm On Mar 01, 2022
Use a third party application like video oder or video downloader to download at any resolution, YouTube keeps coming up with wrong updates
Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by Deicide: 8:27pm On Mar 01, 2022
Laughs in yt-dlp

1 Like

Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by kennethfranc(m): 2:17pm On Mar 04, 2022
I use Vidmate to download YouTube videos directly to my gallery

1 Like

Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by jbreezy: 5:14pm On Mar 04, 2022
Mine are still intact
Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by RichNFamos1: 8:30am On Mar 05, 2022
I have YouTube channels for sell in case you need
Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by maticar: 7:23pm On Mar 05, 2022
Savefrom dot net is bae

1 Like

Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by airsaylongcome: 7:27pm On Mar 05, 2022
Deicide:
Laughs in yt-dlp

Isn't this for desktop? It's a different feel when you download with the YT app. It's better organised for ease of reference. And it's direct on your mobile.

For the Data Analyst in me, I'd be interested in seeing the YoY analysis of number of Premium users in Nigeria. I remember attending a Tech event in 2018 and YT marketers where trying to get people using the app to stream. There was heavy resistance then as streaming was data intensive (and expensive). Since 2020 I cannot imagine the spike that usage of YT app will have experienced in Nigeria.

Obvious reason for the spike is the pandemic and the "goodies" it brought for local content creators and local techies who could learn from YT to improve their employability.

Interesting questions I'd like answered:
1) Average watch time
2) What category(ies) of content do Nigerians watch most? Least? Can anything be done to improve local viewing of least watched categories?
3) Month-on-month increase in Premium Subscription
4) Percentage of viewers that subscribe to channel monetisation. Average spend? Can percentage and average spend be increased?
5) Local spread of viewers - i.e identifying areas that have the most viewers aka hotspots
Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by Altairx440: 8:13pm On Mar 05, 2022
You can try y2mate.com, or YouTube go app if you only view on mobile.
Re: Youtube No Longer Support Offline Download For Free Users by vta2008: 10:13am On May 06, 2022
YesterNight, I wanted to watch some tutorials I downloaded on YouTube just a day earlier, but to my chagrin, I was prevented.

The videos are locked (sorry I didn't take the screenshot before upgrading) and when I clicked on them, I was advised to update to YouTube premium before I can watch the videos I downloaded.

I ended up upgrading.

Who else experience it.

Good morning. Pls is YouTube charging you in naira or dollars? Are you using naira Mastercard or dollar Mastercard? Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Ideas On Genuine It Solution Or Services For The Nigerian Market? / Fake Interswitch / Joomla Vs Drupal : The Most Favourable CMS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.