Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,316 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else (1744 Views)

Lumumba: Churches With Husband And Wife Pastors Are Pyramid Scheme (VIDEO) / 'Student Pastors Are The Biggest Scammers In Nigerian University' - Man Says / Tithing : Talk Is Cheap, Nigerians Are Just Stingy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by Piptocoin: 9:39am On Mar 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Here's a question for you to ponder. If prayer was meant to be used by Jesus Christ's followers to end wars and invasions, then why didn't Jesus Christ see to an end the invasion of Israel by the Romans at the hands of whom He and many of His disciples after Him met their demise? undecided

Also, what are you all doing about the bokoharam source in Nigeria which has been going on almost 2 decades now?, undecided

one thing will never change...that is the destruction going on the world through wars, famine and natural disasters. the Word of God cannot contradict itself when it says there will be wars and rumours of wars signifying the times of the end...and not even prayers can change this prophecy. however, one can pray for God's intervention and protection during these trying times.

the world is heading for a cliff and the real ark of safety is not praying that it makes a 360º turnaround...rather, it is hiding your life in Christ. the evil and destruction like bokoharam, iswap, isis, terrorist organisations, ritualists, rapists, kidnappers, etc will even get worse but those who are in Christ have nothing to fear.
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by LordReed(m): 9:40am On Mar 02, 2022
Piptocoin:

the dead are nothing but shells...empty of occupants. the real you is not a physical body with blood vessels. this is just a tent that is fated to be abandoned at some time in the future. we only get to experience this after death but many medical doctors are now of the opinion that consciousness continues beyond death having being witnesses to patients who have had near-death-experiences. some of this patients, while the operation was ongoing, could narrate accurately what transpired during the operation and said they saw their "bodies" lying there...to many it felt like they were looking at another person but they couldn't deny the fact that their consciousness and the physical form are but one person....

what I am trying to say is that empirical evidence is severely limited in determining what is real or true.

Yet you are attempting to quote empirical evidence to support your position. If you can please link to 1 meta-study whose findings indicate that consciousness persists after death or alternatively link 2 studies with that conclusion.

Besides the question of death is how do we know things. If you are of the opinion that there is some other method aside our senses, elaborate on how this other method works.
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On Mar 02, 2022
Piptocoin:
1. one thing will never change...that is the destruction going on the world through wars, famine and natural disasters. the Word of God cannot contradict itself when it says there will be wars and rumours of wars signifying the times of the end...and not even prayers can change this prophecy. however, one can pray for God's intervention and protection during these trying times.

2. the world is heading for a cliff and the real ark of safety is not praying that it makes a 360º turnaround... rather, it is hiding your life in Christ. the evil and destruction like bokoharam, iswap, isis, terrorist organisations, ritualists, rapists, kidnappers, etc will even get worse but those who are in Christ have nothing to fear.
1. You pray for God's intervention in what God has decreed will be? Isn't God already involved in it, this according to you? undecided

2. So, you are not praying for a 360° turnaround in any of these cases, but for what exactly? undecided

You say something about hiding life in Christ and i wonder whose life you are hiding.... yours or whose? undecided
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by Dliquidmetal(m): 12:31am On Mar 03, 2022
Piptocoin:

how have you helped those caught in this crisis since it began? let's start from there.
lol Prayer:doing nothing whilst thinking you are helping
Your so called pastors have been praying since independence but shit is only getting worse
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by kimco(m): 1:54am On Mar 03, 2022
Piptocoin:

the dead are nothing but shells...empty of occupants. the real you is not a physical body with blood vessels. this is just a tent that is fated to be abandoned at some time in the future. we only get to experience this after death but many medical doctors are now of the opinion that consciousness continues beyond death having being witnesses to patients who have had near-death-experiences. some of this patients, while the operation was ongoing, could narrate accurately what transpired during the operation and said they saw their "bodies" lying there...to many it felt like they were looking at another person but they couldn't deny the fact that their consciousness and the physical form are but one person....

what I am trying to say is that empirical evidence is severely limited in determining what is real or true.

Can you provide empirical or metaphysical evidence for this claim? And your methodology for how you came by such conclusion.
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by Piptocoin: 5:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
LordReed:

Yet you are attempting to quote empirical evidence to support your position. If you can please link to 1 meta-study whose findings indicate that consciousness persists after death or alternatively link 2 studies with that conclusion.

Besides the question of death is how do we know things. If you are of the opinion that there is some other method aside our senses, elaborate on how this other method works.

I am not attempting to support my view with empirical evidence. Rather, this dimension of awareness at best falls under experential evidence. Empirical evidence, in an attempt to study the invisible dimension, will always fail.

You believe in the existence of love but have you ever studied the properties of love or hate or envy using empirical analysis?

Take the intuition for another example. It is unarguable that the intuition manifests as knowledge without proof and occurs almost regularly in human daily affairs but does it lend itself to empirical or biological or chemical analysis? If it doesn't then why aren't you denying its existence? If you affirm its existence without the certainty provided by logical evidence what then makes the difference from others like spells, incantations, supernatural recovery from fatal conditions like cancer, hiv/aids, leukemia without medical intervention through prayers....?

As regards knowing the invisible through other senses, there is no way you can tap into the spiritual dimension at will like you do this physical dimension with your physical senses. However, faith is the only door through which the spiritual dimension becomes real. Of course, since the spiritual world is out of the reach of scientific study the only other way to know about it is through experential evidence.

Don't forget this. Since science is not certain of the existence or the non-existence of the afterlife all you are left with is the assumption of both but in your case — the latter. Eternity is too great to gamble away your soul on assumption. investigation must not always be empirical in nature because empirical analysis is severely limited to account for every phenomenon in existence much less those beyond physical existence.
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by Piptocoin: 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. You pray for God's intervention in what God has decreed will be? Isn't God already involved in it, this according to you? undecided

2. So, you are not praying for a 360° turnaround in any of these cases, but for what exactly? undecided

You say something about hiding life in Christ and i wonder whose life you are hiding.... yours or whose? undecided

when Jesus said that the devil comes but to steal, to kill and to destroy (present and future)...was that a decree? when God warned people in His word not to receive the mark of the beast or bow to his image (future)...was that a decree? when Jesus foretold His death and resurrection (future)...was that a decree? when God, through an angel, warned Joseph about Herod's plan to kill baby Jesus and that He should go to Egypt (future)...was that a decree? when God foretold that nation would rise aganist nation, kingdom against kindom, brother against brother, children against parents and that the conscience of many will grow cold in the last days (future)...how is that a decree? Can you tell prophecies from decrees? It is not rocket science.

Even then, it is written in Proverbs 21:1 that "the king's heart is in the hands of the Lord and He turns it wherever He wills." This makes one of the reasons to pray.

Psalm 91:7 which says "a thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you" ....... is another reason to pray

Matthew 6:10 which says "...your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" is another reason to pray.....and many more reasons supported by scriptures.

Your second question. in addition to the reasons given above which make up some of the reasons we pray...we pray for a 360 degrees turnaround....that the tide of the war to ebb away. That is not all. We also pray for God's people over there. We pray for God to intervene in the conflict so that a lasting solution be achieved and that the wanton destruction of lives and property comes to an abrupt end. We pray that God sends help to those without food and shelter. We also pray that God should facilitate the migration of Ukrainians and Ukrainian residents to bordering countries for their protection...

For your third question, I am referring to those who have genuinely given their lives to Christ. These are the only people whose lives can be hidden in Christ.
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by Piptocoin: 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
kimco:

Can you provide empirical or metaphysical evidence for this claim? And your methodology for how you came by such conclusion.

I have provided an answer to this question in my last reply to LordReed.
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by Piptocoin: 7:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
Dliquidmetal:
lol Prayer:doing nothing whilst thinking you are helping
Your so called pastors have been praying since independence but shit is only getting worse

for one, pastors are called to preach the gospel of Christ so as to be used by God to save souls from perishing.

secondly, I can liken what you just said to the fact that despite the number of educational institutions in Nigeria a very good number of Nigerians are still illiterates.

lastly, prayer is not a magic wand to make everything turn right overnight. where people continue to make the choice to install corrupt leaders despite knowing the consequences....you reap what you sow. prayer has nothing to do with this.
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by Dliquidmetal(m): 9:21pm On Mar 03, 2022
Piptocoin:

for one, pastors are called to preach the gospel of Christ so as to be used by God to save souls from perishing.

secondly, I can liken what you just said to the fact that despite the number of educational institutions in Nigeria a very good number of Nigerians are still illiterates.

lastly, prayer is not a magic wand to make everything turn right overnight. where people continue to make the choice to install corrupt leaders despite knowing the consequences....you reap what you sow. prayer has nothing to do with this.
all you wrote just affirmed my earlier assertion lol prayers are useless because last I checked Merriam Websters definition of prayer is: an address(such as a petition) to God or a god in word or thought
B: an earnest request or wish.
If you like continue dey delude yourself
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 04, 2022
LordReed:

Science has also enabled us to understand where, how and who made the sprinkler system. As for the god we only have a who postulate which has no solid evidence backing it. The where and how can't even be postulated.

Yeah. Science has explained the sprinkler came after an explosion, or changed overtime from being a piece of metal junk to a sprinkler. Very intelligent, believable explanations.
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by LordReed(m): 12:53am On Mar 04, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Yeah. Science has explained the sprinkler came after an explosion, or changed overtime from being a piece of metal junk to a sprinkler. Very intelligent, believable explanations.

If that is what you think science says then you either must be getting your science from quacks or you just don't understand the science.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by Dliquidmetal(m): 1:42am On Mar 04, 2022
LordReed:

If that is what you think science says then you either must be getting your science from quacks or you just don't understand the science.
I really respect you for even replying that demented cunt,I see what he's tryna do there.
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by oluwafeolami(m): 5:16am On Mar 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This gobbledygook makes no sense at all. undecided

If you wish to know God, seek Him out for your own self or shut up. undecided

I have noticed that u don’t give ur opinions without been violent. Do u really know that telling him to shut up was unnecessary. This is a public forum where everyone can air their opinions and I don’t think it is morally right to attack someone based on his/her opinions especially when the person is not directly attacking u. Either u quote me or not, I ain’t replying u. Just take to corrections and if u feel u are not wrong, who am I to say u are. Love and light from here.
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by Piptocoin: 11:29am On Mar 04, 2022
Dliquidmetal:
all you wrote just affirmed my earlier assertion lol prayers are useless because last I checked Merriam Websters definition of prayer is: an address(such as a petition) to God or a god in word or thought
B: an earnest request or wish.
If you like continue dey delude yourself

to the carnal mind not set free from the deception of the god of this world, it would appear so...
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 04, 2022
LordReed:

Oh yeah! Big bang and evolution were theories given by priests. Thanks for correcting me.
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by LordReed(m): 7:29pm On Mar 04, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Oh yeah! Big bang and evolution were theories given by priests. Thanks for correcting me.

You are welcome.
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by kimco(m): 9:00pm On Mar 04, 2022
Piptocoin:

I have provided an answer to this question in my last reply to LordReed.
You did no such thing.
Re: Ukraine: Afrcan Pastors Are Just Something Else by LordReed(m): 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2022
Piptocoin:

I am not attempting to support my view with empirical evidence. Rather, this dimension of awareness at best falls under experential evidence. Empirical evidence, in an attempt to study the invisible dimension, will always fail.

The fact remains that you are trying to support this immaterial realm with physical experience.

You believe in the existence of love but have you ever studied the properties of love or hate or envy using empirical analysis?

Love is a description of certain actions physical beings are capable of, it is not some kind of nebulous thing off in some realm somewhere.

Take the intuition for another example. It is unarguable that the intuition manifests as knowledge without proof and occurs almost regularly in human daily affairs but does it lend itself to empirical or biological or chemical analysis? If it doesn't then why aren't you denying its existence? If you affirm its existence without the certainty provided by logical evidence what then makes the difference from others like spells, incantations, supernatural recovery from fatal conditions like cancer, hiv/aids, leukemia without medical intervention through prayers....?

Once again intuition is how we describe something it isn't a thing existing by itself like a piece of material. You are pointing at things physical beings carry out and are saying they are proof of some nebulous realm, that doesn't fly especially as you insist you aren't trying to support your position with physical evidence.

As regards knowing the invisible through other senses, there is no way you can tap into the spiritual dimension at will like you do this physical dimension with your physical senses. However, faith is the only door through which the spiritual dimension becomes real. Of course, since the spiritual world is out of the reach of scientific study the only other way to know about it is through experential evidence.

Well then I guess we can't explore it then since in other to reach you need to make yourself gullible to any suggestion of a supernatural explanation. If a supernatural cannot be demonstrated without faith then I am not interested.

Don't forget this. Since science is not certain of the existence or the non-existence of the afterlife all you are left with is the assumption of both but in your case — the latter. Eternity is too great to gamble away your soul on assumption. investigation must not always be empirical in nature because empirical analysis is severely limited to account for every phenomenon in existence much less those beyond physical existence.

When a soul can be demonstrated to exist we can then debate the advantages of gambling it. For now there is no gambling taking place since you cannot show any of it to be real.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Ifa Devotees In London? / London Stops Ashimolowo’s N16bn Church / Reliving Jesus' Last Days On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.