Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State (48166 Views)

Ogume Cult Clash: Stranded Corper Recounts Sad Experience (Pictures, Video) / Ogume Grammar School Delta Shuts Down, Female Student Murdered In Cult Clash / Novena University Gets NUC Approval For Law, Medical, Postgraduate Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Voldoz: 8:56pm On Mar 01, 2022
Python chases Delta varsity students from hostel, school says reptile harmless

Fear gripped students of Novena University, Ogume, in the Ndokwa West Local Government Area of Delta State, after a python invaded a female hostel in the school.

Our correspondent gathered that the python was found early Monday, creating panic among students.

A source in the university said students woke up around 5.30pm and found the snake on the bed.

“We saw a big snake that slept overnight with us on the same bed in one of the female hostels.

“The snake crawled into the hostel and found its way to the bed. One of the female students who slept in the room screamed, which drew the attention of other students. As I speak, they have vacated the hostel,” the source added.

The Public Relations Officer of the institution, Mr Emmanuel Odishika, confirmed the incident.

He said, “The community has a sacred snake and from time to time students run into it, but it does not hurt anybody.

“The university is over 16 years old, founded in 2005, and since then, the snake never hurt anybody. The snake is not harmful.

“We usually give students orientation whenever we admit new students; older students don’t panic because they are aware of it. We cannot restrict the snake’s movement.”

Odishika said there was no overgrown grass on the school premises, adding that the snake did not require weed to visit the school.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/python-chases-delta-varsity-students-from-hostel-school-says-reptile-harmless/%3famp

Previous thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7007303/student-unknowingly-passes-night-snake

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Buharidgeneral: 9:52pm On Mar 01, 2022
Scary meeeee
Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by soundOsonic: 10:10pm On Mar 01, 2022
Actually python is harmless. It has no venom.
It can only swallow you if it is very huge.
I don't think the python in that hostel can swallow any human.

Modified: A lot of misconception about python.
for those quoting me that python can constrict and kill. The truth is there are 40 species of pythons out of those 40 only 3 are capable of constricting. It's usually reticulated pythons, African rock pythons, and occasionally big Burmese pythons.

I doubt the specie attacked the hostel was any of the three. Those three are huge and it is hard for them to even enter without people noticing. They try as much as possible to avoid humans and stay in the wild. And less I forget, apart from the 3 species mentioned pythons will not constrict or strangle you in your sleep, it only does that to it's prey, humans are not it's prey. Most people live with pythons for months in their home without even realizing until they find out, they begin to thank God how they escape death. Well it can stay with you for 5 years and it will never constrict you.
A place in Anambra worship pythons, the pythons enters and leaves their house as it please without hurting anyone. Many outsider thinks it is jazz which is a lie. Pythons naturally wouldn't attack humans, they only attack their prey.

Python bites are not deadly, A dog bite is more lethal than a python, even a human bite is more lethal than a Python's bite, this doesn't mean you should not take antibiotics when bitten. And pythons will not attack you, it will if you threaten it. Pythons Don't kill for sports like cats, they only kill to eat.

89 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Voldoz: 10:28pm On Mar 01, 2022
soundOsonic:
I don't think the python in that hostel can swallow any human

But the sight of it alone will make your spirit jump out of you

169 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by qekng40(f): 1:53am On Mar 02, 2022
Some peoples deity. . . Kill it and see.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Voldoz: 6:39am On Mar 02, 2022
qekng40:
Some peoples deity.
Kill it and see.
grin

3 Likes

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by richiemcgold: 8:15am On Mar 02, 2022
I no wan to dey hear say one animal na deity. The python is lucky say e no dey my area. Many of its type wey we don kill throway. Deity ko, data ni.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by TheWolfen(m): 8:46am On Mar 02, 2022
Make dem no worry. One stranger will visit the community and kill the Python at the first sight. If he is greedy. He will butcher it and Cook it grin and nobody will know the whereabouts of their community snake god grin
Yeye people

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Voldoz: 8:48am On Mar 02, 2022
richiemcgold:
I no wan to dey hear say one animal na deity. The python is lucky say e no dey my area. Many of its type wey we don kill throway. Deity ko, data ni.

People killing this things are damn good, but I think they are generally harmless when unprovoked, I remember a time I stood close to a poisonous snake and I didn't know, it didn't bite me, but I know it saw me. Cause it was very close to my foot, just chilling.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Rugaria: 8:49am On Mar 02, 2022
Python used to be very common in some villages in the East. Because they have no venom, people used to be less violent with them. This in turn made pythons to be very docile. In some villages in the East like mine, it used to be a Big sacrilege if you kill a python since they actually sneak in to the home and curl up harmlessly at any warm place.. Not until the new pentecostal churches started with their weird concept of seeing demons and evil spirits in everything including cats, bats, owls and snakes..

73 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Voldoz: 8:50am On Mar 02, 2022
TheWolfen:
Make dem no worry. One stranger will visit the community and kill the Python at the first slight. If he is greedy. He will butcher it and Cook it grin and nobody will know the whereabouts of their community snake god grin
Yeye people

grin

The place close to my hometown theirs is snail, of all things congo meat, what a waste of nutrition.

4 Likes

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by TheWolfen(m): 8:54am On Mar 02, 2022
qekng40:
Some peoples deity.
Kill it and see.
A god that frolic about in girls hostels and beds.
That nah god ?
Something make suppose dey inside pot or zoo for people's amusement or better still remain in the wild...
cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Voldoz: 9:04am On Mar 02, 2022
TheWolfen:

A god that frolic about in girls hostels and beds.
That nah god ?
Something make suppose dey inside pot or zoo for people's amusement or better still remain in the wild...
cheesy

No be even boys hostel self girls hostel, hahahaha the gods are pevy grin

17 Likes

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by shuttox: 9:05am On Mar 02, 2022
Its harmless
But let's be careful
Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by butpro(m): 9:05am On Mar 02, 2022
Anti venom is here........ Run no more
Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Stevenson20: 9:06am On Mar 02, 2022
Lala and co, call your pet to order grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Michelle70(m): 9:06am On Mar 02, 2022
soundOsonic:
I don't think the python in that hostel can swallow any human
if that thing bites u, u will end up with stitches.

But what kinda god sneak into female bed at night sef.

Lalasticlala ur people are breaking limits

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by xpressionx(m): 9:06am On Mar 02, 2022
Lala right now after his messenger delivered on his mandate
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Segzy22: 9:07am On Mar 02, 2022
So dem don dey retaliate? Russia vs Ukraine, Nigeria vs python

8 Likes

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by uchaymart(m): 9:07am On Mar 02, 2022
this could be a case of someone who snatched her friend's boyfriend hence, the Bigger snakes came all out on a suspected reprisal attack at the house of the smaller snakes......

Snakes attack on snakes................None of my business

3 Likes

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Voldoz: 9:08am On Mar 02, 2022
Finally I dedicate this frontpage to all my village people who has been tormenting me negatively inorder to take a positive step.

1 Like

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 02, 2022
Dem nr doke the python
Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Offpoint1: 9:08am On Mar 02, 2022
Harmless and beauty thing...
Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Sufferingboy(f): 9:08am On Mar 02, 2022
Voldoz:
Python chases Delta varsity students from hostel, school says reptile harmless

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/python-chases-delta-varsity-students-from-hostel-school-says-reptile-harmless/%3famp

Previous thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7007303/student-unknowingly-passes-night-snake

My ukwuani friend once told me that in whole of Ukwuaniland,Ogume people have the best charms and they are very violent.

I hear say them dey flex dog meat wella.Ishilove how true is that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:08am On Mar 02, 2022
richiemcgold:

You don't ever want to mess with your host.

If it is considered a deity by the community, yours is to tolerate the belief.

Otherwise, you will have yourself to blame.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Shineoneday: 9:09am On Mar 02, 2022
Una no de tire for snake news for NL... Haba!!!
Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by bluefilm: 9:09am On Mar 02, 2022
Why are they running?

They should go and dance the PYTHON dance with the pythons.
Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by YoungLionken(m): 9:09am On Mar 02, 2022
Operation "Python Dance"..

I can't but only imagine the scene, when the students sighted the snake..

Dear men, sometimes do something nasty to your women when you guys aren't in talking terms because of one misunderstanding..

Buy a rubber snake, put it in a strategic location in your room/apartment, where it will be apparent to the sight. When she starts screaming, calling Jesus up and down, don't answer grin...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Gentledizzle: 9:09am On Mar 02, 2022
That's my Village, that Python is not harmful to people in that villiage because they worship it. Python does visit when there is a new born. If that Python wants to kill that girl, she will be dead already. If you kill it either my by mistake or knowingly, it must buried like Human. It's forbidden to kill Python in my villiage why some households still worship it.

3 Likes

Re: Python Chases Students Of Novena University, Ogume, Delta State by Enemyofpeace: 9:09am On Mar 02, 2022
Take the modafokn snake to the zoo and dump it there jo or better still dash it out to lalasticlala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kinds Of People You Will Encounter In The University / (photos): UNN Female Graduate Dies A Day After Jubiliating About 2015 / 5 Reasons You Shouldn't Attend A Private University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.