Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament (11964 Views)

Reps Reject Bill Seeking To Set Age Limit For Presidential Candidates At 70 / Reps Reject Innoson Suvs As Official Vehicles / Reps Reject President Buhari’s Executive Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by qekng40(f): 10:24am On Mar 02, 2022
DownChelsea:

They already have a fair share of AVAILABILITY.

Okay.
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Tzar(m): 10:39am On Mar 02, 2022
Women selfishly expect men to fight this fight for them... IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!
Women know how terrible their gender is, but they will never acknowledge it before men.
How else do you explain how women still vote against fellow women when they are more than men in the population and amongst voters.

Women refuse to support fellow women, yet they scream exclusion by men. Women are the ones excluding women from power. Men are just protecting their interest and survival too.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Praxis758: 11:19am On Mar 02, 2022
LegalWolf:

First, I am a Northerner and I see this to be a very dumb and stup1d take. ALL disrespect. Tell me one position a woman has held in the South that a Northern woman hasn't occupied same. If the system was not rigged, Adda Aisha (Maman Taraba), a Fulani from Jalingo, would have been the first FEMALE governor in Nigeria. She contested and almost won the seat. Tell me who has done that in Southern Nigeria?

Your folks are just dumb and stupid, always blaming your misfortune in life on Northerners. And I am very sure if a count had been taken, southern people would have opposed the motion way more than Northerners. Go fix your life

Mr northern activist, get your fact right, the late Mama Taraba was not from the core North. She was from the christian part of the North East.

Would you say the Tarabans who are majority Christians are core northerners? Okay, mention one single part of Taraba state that has a concentration of Hausa/muslim settlement, unlike the north west that has those fanatic Muslims.

Would you also say Plateau, Benue, Kogi and Kwara are located in the core north? Haven't you read of how those core northern senators voted again the remaining of a LGA in Plateau state to Gwoz?

Don't be sentimental or emotional when reacting to a truthful issue like this. I'm a southerner but not a jingoist
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Zooposki(f): 12:19pm On Mar 02, 2022
maynia:

They are not shouting “male federal character” and “male rotational presidency” it’s different.. try harder.

Very funny. We know who fills those positions especially that of the presidency, but nice try. All the above are special privilege positions, aka quota systems not based on competency and competition whether all male, male/female or only female.
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 02, 2022
Zooposki:

Very funny. We know who fills those positions especially that of the presidency, but nice try. All the above are special privilege positions, aka quota systems not based on competency and competition whether all male, male/female or only female.

Which people are exempted from filling those positions especially presidency?
There’s no gender in politics, you need people to vote either male or female right?
Yes they are “special privilege position”, they are not special privilege positions for men. The federal character and rotational presidency is based on tribe and region not gender.. try again.
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Zooposki(f): 12:41pm On Mar 02, 2022
maynia:

Which people are exempted from filling those positions especially presidency?
There’s no gender in politics, you need people to vote either male or female right?

Does not matter who fills those positions. The fact still remains that any position not based on competency and competition is a special privilege position. Politics is a male dominated field so allow women fight for their own quota system to at least get a leg in.
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 02, 2022
Zooposki:

Does not matter who fills those positions. The fact still remains that any position not based on competency and competition is a special privilege position. Politics is a male dominated field so allow women fight for their own quota system to at least get a leg in.

Anybody can fill those positions.. how did men became dominate in politics? Why don’t female also do that and also be dominates Are they inferior? Incapable?

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Zooposki(f): 12:45pm On Mar 02, 2022
maynia:

Anybody can fill those positions.. how did men became dominate in politics? Why don’t female also do that and also be dominates Are they inferior? Incapable?

Oga, we are living in a patriarchal society.
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 02, 2022
Zooposki:

Oga, we are living in a patriarchal society.

Which is the reality. Deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by LesbianBoy(m): 12:48pm On Mar 02, 2022
Hunchogee:

All those simps that voted in Favour are those with majorly female children lol

I think this is what is causing simping these days. Selfishness! Because say you get female child no mean say you go dey support anything they do even if it's wrong

1 Like

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by LegalWolf: 1:55pm On Mar 02, 2022
Praxis758:

Mr northern activist, get your fact right, the late Mama Taraba was not from the core North. She was from the christian part of the North East.

Would you say the Tarabans who are majority Christians are core northerners? Okay, mention one single part of Taraba state that has a concentration of Hausa/muslim settlement, unlike the north west that has those fanatic Muslims.

Would you also say Plateau, Benue, Kogi and Kwara are located in the core north? Haven't you read of how those core northern senators voted again the remaining of a LGA in Plateau state to Gwoz?

Don't be sentimental or emotional when reacting to a truthful issue like this. I'm a southerner but not a jingoist

Mama Taraba is from Muri, Jalingo. Before I even argue with you, have you been to Taraba? Of the 16 LG in Taraba, the Muri Emirate covers 7. That does not even include Sardauna, Ibi where there’s substantial Muslim population. Yes, there may be more Christians than Muslims in Taraba. But many parts of Taraba are Muslim dominated.

That said, I do not understand your penultimate paragraph. But what I do know is that the same problem you have with “fanatical” northerners apply to southerners. Your brothers are FANATICS and it is easier to point to dust in others eyes while forgetting the log in yours.

And for your information, I am not an ethnic jingoist. You will never see me claiming the Fulbe or Northerners are blame free. No. I only respond to comments based on perceived and well conceived southern hate
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Praxis758: 2:06pm On Mar 02, 2022
LegalWolf:

Mama Taraba is from Muri, Jalingo. Before I even argue with you, have you been to Taraba? Of the 16 LG in Taraba, the Muri Emirate covers 7. That does not even include Sardauna, Ibi where there’s substantial Muslim population. Yes, there may be more Christians than Muslims in Taraba. But many parts of Taraba are Muslim dominated.

That said, I do not understand your penultimate paragraph. But what I do know is that the same problem you have with “fanatical” northerners apply to southerners. Your brothers are FANATICS and it is easier to point to dust in others eyes while forgetting the log in yours.

And for your information, I am not an ethnic jingoist. You will never see me claiming the Fulbe or Northerners are blame free. No. I only respond to comments based on perceived and well conceived southern hate

So you're claiming the Fulanis are at par with the Jukuns and other big ethnic nationalities in Taraba?

This is how you Fulanis snatch lands from aborigines.
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by LegalWolf: 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2022
Praxis758:

So you're claiming the Fulanis are at par with the Jukuns and other big ethnic nationalities in Taraba?

This is how you Fulanis snatch lands from aborigines.
You see, your ignorance is totally irreparable. What are you saying God sake? Where did I say Fulani are at par with jukuns and other big ethnicities in Taraba. Point that out! And what do you mean by at par? Is it my comment about Muri Emirate is factually contestable or that there are places that Fulbe dominate?

DONT SHIFT FOCUS

1. Our initial argument rests on Northerners being more hostile to women in politics than the South. I gave you a response to demonstrate that that is not true. Yet, you have not even tried to rebut my argument;

2. Your claims on Taraba is ignorant to start with, infantile at best. Taraba is a Northern State. That is undisputable. Fulbe are a substantial part of Taraba, that is uncontestable. Whether Adda Jummai hails from Core North or not is immaterial. She contested in a Northern state with substantial Fulbe/Muslim population and she came (or rigged) second. At least, she won her LG and other areas dominated by Fulbe!
So, tell us where the same feat has been achieved in the South?

3. What exactly do you know about Taraba? I've been and lived there. A substantial part of family works in FU, Wukari. So what point are you trying to make? Do you even know anything about the state other than what you read on wikipedia
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by sissoko22(m): 4:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
LegalWolf:

You see, your ignorance is totally irreparable. What are you saying God sake? Where did I say Fulani are at par with jukuns and other big ethnicities in Taraba. Point that out! And what do you mean by at par? Is it my comment about Muri Emirate is factually contestable or that there are places that Fulbe dominate?

DONT SHIFT FOCUS

1. Our initial argument rests on Northerners being more hostile to women in politics than the South. I gave you a response to demonstrate that that is not true. Yet, you have not even tried to rebut my argument;

2. Your claims on Taraba is ignorant to start with, infantile at best. Taraba is a Northern State. That is undisputable. Fulbe are a substantial part of Taraba, that is uncontestable. Whether Adda Jummai hails from Core North or not is immaterial. She contested in a Northern state with substantial Fulbe/Muslim population and she came (or rigged) second. At least, she won her LG and other areas dominated by Fulbe!
So, tell us where the same feat has been achieved in the South?

3. What exactly do you know about Taraba? I've been and lived there. A substantial part of family works in FU, Wukari. So what point are you trying to make? Do you even know anything about the state other than what you read on wikipedia

You've got a thick skin going back and forth with a reta#d lunatíç. You're on a lost cause trying to educate someone or group of people that have been told lies for generations, that others are responsible for their failure and misfortune. I bet, he has never crossed the Niger bridge to the other side he so much no about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by Dikegodspower(m): 6:25pm On Mar 02, 2022
[quote author=tiegahpor post=110681379]

You lacked motherly love while growing up..

Are u for real?
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by ivolt: 7:56pm On Mar 02, 2022
odinson1:
Making more Seats to Accommodate women is just Absolute nonsense! What should be done however,is for women To join The already existing seats instead of Waiting for power to be handed over to them just because they are women.
I can see the wives of these politicians are seriously working hard to push More women into power to promote Gender equality. If those men are not careful, their wives will wrestle power away from them and turn them to First Gentlemen.

Climb the ladder like everyone else before you did,nor dey find Special privileges abeg
Good points.
I hope you are not one of those shouting that yoots be given a chance.
Re: Reps Reject Bill For Special Seats For Women In Parliament by LegalWolf: 12:52pm On Mar 03, 2022
sissoko22:

You've got a thick skin going back and forth with a reta#d lunatíç. You're on a lost cause trying to educate someone or group of people that have been told lies for generations, that others are responsible for their failure and misfortune. I bet, he has never crossed the Niger bridge to the other side he so much no about.

I swear na me Bleep up. Thank you man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Nothern Business Leaders, Islamic Sects, Kano CAN Endorse Bola Tinubu / PAP: The Task Ahead Of General Barry Tariye Ndiomu / Peter Obi Congratulates The Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.