Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,431 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu (3722 Views)

How Igbo Traders Control Critical Sectors In 31 States, FCT / Arochukwu Indigenes Block Senator Kalu's Convoy, Give Him Food Items (Photos) / Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by KoshCAD: 2:17am On Mar 06, 2022
Bravetunde:

Anybody can speak any language.
I said u are not ijaw nothing yorubaos cannot do when it comes to propaganda.
I won't reply you untill I see your picture and that of your clan and community then I will reply anything you want me to
I asked first.
Fake Yorobad cowwardly backstabbetrs,progandistt and retualist. grin grin
Shut up. Anybody can speak any language is a reply of a coward slave like you.

Why is your father not speaking French, Dutch, German or india since anybody can speak any language.

Be a man, answer him with that language.

I can't answer him because I am not ijaw and will never claim to be one because I am on faceless forum.

I am a proud Yoruba.

So stop ranting and act like a real man mr Osu sacrifice material from sad beast claiming ijaw but trying to dodge.

Ijaw people are your masters anytime anyway, so you dare not face them, reason you keep shouting yorubas your superior in all ramifications.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by KoshCAD: 2:18am On Mar 06, 2022
Igo9:
igbo boy you are the one that first quote me...
Nor reply again. bye bye..

We Ijaws and useless ibous and not brothers, and it final.. nothing a born throway can do..

I, Ibetobo has spoken..
Any person wey im pain, shuld com to Ijaw land shout ibos are Ijaw brothers make we see..

He won't answer you, he is a coward like their leader Ojukwu.

He is ashamed of his OSU dynasty. So try and understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by ChebeNdigboCalm: 12:33am On Mar 22, 2022
OneCorner:
Igbos asking the essence of these thread because the narrative doesn’t pamper their ego...
These people are hypocrites of the first order and u wonder why they all have slanted head

I have looked through this post and I have found a few things.

Ndigbo do not run from this post. Instead address it with facts.
Arochukwu is a complex place and Aro a complex identity, but to say Aro is not Igbo is plainly false.
Here are indisputable facts.
1. The main language in Arochukwu is Igbo.
2. Arochukwu and neighbours BELIEVE that the events of Aro-Ibibio war occurred meaning that Arochukwu is officially Igbo.
3. Just because those events took place does not mean Arochukwu is ONLY Igbo. Ibibio is still well respected and other ethnicities in Arochukwu.

Now Aro history doesn’t always make us proud. But neither will all of your own histories including Ibibio, Ijaw, Yoruba, Edo etc. They sold other Igbo (but also non-Igbo) peoples as slaves. But then I saw someone gloating that everyone sold Igbo people into slavery. Isn’t that an example which you SHOULDNT be proud of? Why are you contradicting yourself.

Then the mistake of including Ikwerre into the conversation. The consensus is that despite the history Ikwerre doesn’t see themselves as Igbo so they aren’t Igbo (I agree with this, despite everything else lining up if the people vehemently reject it it cancels all history) but then Aro see themselves as Igbo (in fact are seen as core igbo) so why are people coming here to claim Aro are not Igbo? Yet they claim they are trying to respect the wishes of Ikwerre people yet won’t apply the same courtesy to the Aro.

This exposes something deeper. It exposes that people do not even know what Igbo is in the first place! This is something a I have thought of a while and it also exposes the foolishness of claiming Igbo “copied” things from their neighbours. Since Igbo is very decentralised yet VERY large. It is more like the acknowledgement of kinship (the name Igbo) for many people. For example. People would not say that the Akwunakwuna copies Efik+Ejagham+Ibibio because they recognise that they have kinship with Efik+Ejagham+Ibibio and grew aside and are related to them. But the Igbo sections that have done the same with Efik+Ejagham+Ibibio will be considered as copying them when in reality they have always been similar to them and are genetically and historically intertwined. They literally developed together. Similar to Ogba, Ekpeye, Ikwerre with Izon. Ika, Ukwani, etc with Edoid people (culture involves coral bead etc). Nsukka with Igala (except people are forgetting Igala is extremely new compared to Ndigbo).

So basically people just discovered that if the same standards used on Anioma and Rivers was used on the rest of Igboland, most clans would be supposedly not Igbo. And now literally you are seeing people challenging that status of people who were recently considered the core of Ndigbo.

Finally to the allegations of trying to “use” AkwaCross people. People claim to have captured one or more parts of Igboland and it doesn’t make their ethnic group untrustworthy yet this is supposedly revealing some evil plan to take over AkwaCross people. Think about it.

1 Like

Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by Spandau: 2:07am On Mar 22, 2022
SlyDev:
The history of igbo and ibibio is sad a tale that every Sotherners should know, if you doubt me, don't listen to anyone here, Google it yourself

Igbo migrated to ibibio territory, they were welcomed but because of their desire to always using the backdoor or traitors to gain power, the igbos planned and supported a palace coup to remove the ibibio Kings and they succeeded.

See why Igbos and Fulanis are twin brothers? That is why they're always fighting.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by Spandau: 2:11am On Mar 22, 2022
EastisBae:

Crap!
Is that why gallant Dahomey ladies even with menstrual cramps had to decimate afonjas, and even cut off so many heads with others taken into captivity?

Till this day, illorin has remained a Fulani emirate controlled from Sokoto and same history is about being repeated across the rest of the waste? Yet You're fixated on Igbos, shame!

Dude, you're tripping on something too strong for your constitution. grin My advise is for you to get rehabilitation so fast.
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by ChebeNdigboCalm: 9:56am On Mar 22, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

Finally to the allegations of trying to “use” AkwaCross people. People claim to have captured one or more parts of Igboland and it doesn’t make their ethnic group untrustworthy yet this is supposedly revealing some evil plan to take over AkwaCross people. Think about it.

On this point. Benin is trying to create partnership with Anioma part of Igboland. But they warred against several parts of Aniomaland. And they are very proud of what they view as subjugation of the Anioma people. Now no one comes and reprimands them. Yoruba people did the same to Nupe. No warning that they are trying to take over Nupeland. Edit: And believe me backstabbing was a major feature of these “conquests”.

Now Igbo tries to make partnerships (that already exists) with AkwaCross and SOME Izon (who majorly slave raided surrounding settlements) and SOME Yoruba (who slave raided and subjugated their Dahomey relatives), tell them to look at what the Aro did in Arochukwu.
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by Shiver99: 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

On this point. Benin is trying to create partnership with Anioma part of Igboland. But they warred against several parts of Aniomaland. And they are very proud of what they view as subjugation of the Anioma people. Now no one comes and reprimands them. Yoruba people did the same to Nupe. No warning that they are trying to take over Nupeland. Edit: And believe me backstabbing was a major feature of these “conquests”.

Now Igbo tries to make partnerships (that already exists) with AkwaCross and SOME Izon (who majorly slave raided surrounding settlements) and SOME Yoruba (who slave raided and subjugated their Dahomey relatives), tell them to look at what the Aro did in Arochukwu.

Ok, but Izon never slave raided Igboland, neither did any other riverine, they would have been subdued and likely raided themselves within seconds.

Igbos held trade fairs in the hinterland towns for important goods such as palm oil, slaves, wine. While their river-based trade partners stayed at the borders of the town, waiting to pick them up. Essentially, they were just porters/middlemen for the trade between Europeans and Igbos.
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by aribisala0(m): 2:03pm On Apr 11, 2022
Ijaws,Ikwerre,Igala Edo ,Efik Ibibio all raided and sold Eboes as slaves for centuries because the Eboes were relatively backward and less politically evolved. The Eboes never evolved a system of governance beyond the Umunna level and were scattered in many villages and hamlets.There was no Eboe town before colonization where they lived with non Eboes in their midst partly because of a reputation for cannibalism and general hostility to strangers

The fact that Ikwerres sold Eboes as slaves is one reason why they resent being called Eboes
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by ChebeNdigboCalm: 7:09pm On Apr 13, 2022
aribisala0:
Ijaws,Ikwerre,Igala Edo ,Efik Ibibio all raided and sold Eboes as slaves for centuries because the Eboes were relatively backward and less politically evolved. The Eboes never evolved a system of governance beyond the Umunna level and were scattered in many villages and hamlets.There was no Eboe town before colonization where they lived with non Eboes in their midst partly because of a reputation for cannibalism and general hostility to strangers

The fact that Ikwerres sold Eboes as slaves is one reason why they resent being called Eboes

Really? Now if Igbo were that backward and easy to penetrate. Explain why:
1. The British found Igboland the hardest to colonise but didn’t break a sweat in Yorubaland, Hausaland, Nupeland and Ijaw land.
2. The place were the British found hardest to take over in the coast (Opobo) was founded by an Igbo man.
3. Afikpo made a very determined stand when described as never being in contact with any white people prior.

If Igbo towns were not diverse as people didn’t wanna live with them. Explain why:
1. A hausa servant of either Asaba or Onitsha was given to an English explorer as a guide.
2. Igala residents of Igbo towns were common.
3. Migration stories from Benin to Igboland exist yet you people interpret it as the origin story of people who received these travellers.
4. Arochukwu was a common pilgrimage destination.

But as least you acknowledge that some vulnerable clans were raided. But for you it isn’t a symbol of how evil these people are as it is for Igbo wrong doers but how “backwards” we are.
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by aribisala0(m): 7:16pm On Apr 13, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

Really? Now if Igbo were that backward and easy to penetrate. Explain why:
1. The British found Igboland the hardest to colonise but didn’t break a sweat in Yorubaland, Hausaland, Nupeland and Ijaw land.
2. The place were the British found hardest to take over in the coast (Opobo) was founded by an Igbo man.
3. Afikpo made a very determined stand when described as never being in contact with any white people prior.

If Igbo towns were not diverse as people didn’t wanna live with them. Explain why:
1. A hausa servant of either Asaba or Onitsha was given to an English explorer as a guide.
2. Igala residents of Igbo towns were common.
3. Migration stories from Benin to Igboland exist yet you people interpret it as the origin story of people who received these travellers.
4. Arochukwu was a common pilgrimage destination.

But as least you acknowledge that some vulnerable clans were raided. But for you it isn’t a symbol of how evil these people are as it is for Igbo wrong doers but how “backwards” we are.
How am I supposed to explain all these ABA MADE LIES?
Very unintelligent lies

Lying is what you do .

You just wake up and manufacture your own facts

Let us take just one

Place the British found hardest to take over = OPOBO
Where did you get this from??

Which Eboe man founded Opobo and when did he do that? What is the evidence for this Akpu inspired nonsense
Just like your Emeagwali and his GAGUT nonsense

All you folk are good at is LYING

Gerrouta here

with your silly childish stories

That s how one of you said Orji Uzor Kalu was so rich before he became governor and he had so much money the Central Bank of Nigeria BEGGED yes begged him to take his money elsewhere because they could not cope.

So he had to go to the World bank which only had space for HALF and he had to take the other half to the IMF

How does one even debate or dialogue with such clowns??
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by Akponmfet: 7:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
That's why we should never trust ndito uneghe,they're criminals and traitors who come to our states and pretend to sell spare parts in the afternoon but do armed robbery in the night.
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by ChebeNdigboCalm: 7:46pm On Apr 13, 2022
aribisala0:

How am I supposed to explain all these ABA MADE LIES?
Very unintelligent lies

Lying is what you do .

You just wake up and manufacture your own facts

Let us take just one

Place the British found hardest to take over = OPOBO
Where did you get this from??

Which Eboe man founded Opobo and when did he do that? What is the evidence for this Akpu inspired nonsense
Just like your Emeagwali and his GAGUT nonsense

All you folk are good at is LYING

Gerrouta here

with your silly childish stories

That s how one of you said Orji Uzor Kalu was so rich before he became governor and he had so much money the Central Bank of Nigeria BEGGED yes begged him to take his money elsewhere because they could not cope.

So he had to go to the World bank which only had space for HALF and he had to take the other half to the IMF

How does one even debate or dialogue with such clowns??

I have never insulted you an don’t intend to, you have insulted yourself here and now. You aren’t a historian. You are a sentimentalist.

Founder of Opobo is Jaja. He was an Igbo Slave born in Amaigbo, this is an undisputable fact. He was reknown because he was monopolising Niger Delta trade. He dominated the trade there more so than Calabar, Bonny etc. His resistance to British rule had to be stopped by kidnapping. Think about it, why didn’t they just waltz in like they normally do?

Now take another.

Edit: Igbo name of Jaja was Mbanaso Okwaraozurumba (Btw I am skeptical about how we came to this conclusion). History of Ibani and Opobo can be found here. https://web.archive.org/web/20050205151206/http://www.igbaniawo.org/opobohistoy.html
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by ChebeNdigboCalm: 7:48pm On Apr 13, 2022
Akponmfet:
That's why we should never trust ndito uneghe,they're criminals and traitors who come to our states and pretend to sell spare parts in the afternoon but do armed robbery in the night.

If that’s a valid reason, should you be considered untrustworthy because AkwaCross were literally the owners of the largest slave markets in West Africa? Selling Igbo slaves the most. It is illogical.
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by aribisala0(m): 7:56pm On Apr 13, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

I have never insulted you an don’t intend to, you have insulted yourself here and now. You aren’t a historian. You are a sentimentalist.

Founder of Opobo is Jaja. He was an Igbo Slave born in Amaigbo, this is an undisputable fact. He was reknown because he was monopolising Niger Delta trade. He dominated the trade there more so than Calabar, Bonny etc. His resistance to British rule had to be stopped by kidnapping. Think about it, why didn’t they just waltz in like they normally do?

Now take another.
No Founder of Opobo was Tinubu

Guy Gbafue I don't have time for stupid talk

Somebody that was taken to Opobo as a slave was the founder.

That can only make sense inside the FOUR CORNERS of an Eboe head

I am not interested in that Opobo fiction or your revision attempts on Wikipedia

Just run along
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by ChebeNdigboCalm: 7:57pm On Apr 13, 2022
aribisala0:

You don’t know the history at all. He was taking to BONNY as a slave and got freed. Then founded Opobo. This is embarrassing for you.
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by aribisala0(m): 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

You don’t know the history at all. He was taking to BONNY as a slave and got freed. Then founded Opobo. This is embarrassing for you.
No that is just Eboe Aba made IPOB history

What does FOUNDED mean exactly?

Before Jaja No one lived in Opobo

Or Opobo is Eboe language
Or he said
let their be Opobo and there was Opobo

All this nonsense is derailing the thread and I am not interested
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by ChebeNdigboCalm: 8:01pm On Apr 13, 2022
aribisala0:

I am not interested in that Opobo fiction or your revision attempts on Wikipedia

Just run along

Explain the “actual history” of Opobo. I am waiting. And exactly who the founder is in detail. Then go to Opobo and declare it in front of the monument of Jaja with the same thing I am telling you written down.
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by aribisala0(m): 8:03pm On Apr 13, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

Explain the “actual history” of Opobo. I am waiting. And exactly who the founder is in detail. Then go to Opobo and declare it in front of the monument of Jaja with the same thing I am telling you written down.
Look at the title of this thread

Do you see Opobo there?

Why don't we discuss the history of Kuala Lumpur?
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by ChebeNdigboCalm: 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2022
aribisala0:

Or he said

I am talking about the town obviously not the land it was set in. It’s like telling me that Fulani didn’t found Sokoto. Because Gobir was there before.
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by ChebeNdigboCalm: 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2022
aribisala0:
Look at the title of this thread

Do you see Opobo there?

Why don't we discuss the history of Kuala Lumpur?

No you dont get to do this. You think calling Igbo people backwards is not derailing the thread yet talking actual history is!? Let us finish. Don’t run since I am so mistaken.
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by ChebeNdigboCalm: 8:15pm On Apr 13, 2022
aribisala0:

Or he said

Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by aribisala0(m): 8:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

No you dont get to do this. You think calling Igbo people backwards is not derailing the thread yet talking actual history is!? Let us finish. Don’t run since I am so mistaken.
This threa d is not about Opobo you quoted me to address my remarks which were not about Opobo . If you want to talk about Opobo create a thread so we can discuss the Eboe Wikpedia machine .
This thread is about..............remind your self
Yes you are correct NOT OPOBO
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by ChebeNdigboCalm: 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2022
aribisala0:
This threa d is not about Opobo you quoted me to address my remarks which were not about Opobo . If you want to talk about Opobo create a thread so we can discuss the Eboe Wikpedia machine .
This thread is about..............remind your self
Yes you are correct NOT OPOBO

Your remarks were not about “How Igbo crusaders captured Arochukwu”. Don’t be a hypocrite.
And I never referenced Wikipedia. Is that your excuse? Well it’s invalid.
You all of a sudden have a problem with derailing a thread? Wow. What a surprise.

This is how you talk. You reply with about 5 words then spend the rest making straw man fallacies. Arguments that I did not make are being attributed to me. Rebuttal on the actual things I wrote or quoted.

1 Like

Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by aribisala0(m): 9:28pm On Apr 13, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

Your remarks were not about “How Igbo crusaders captured Arochukwu”. Don’t be a hypocrite.
And I never referenced Wikipedia. Is that your excuse? Well it’s invalid.
You all of a sudden have a problem with derailing a thread? Wow. What a surprise.

This is how you talk. You reply with about 5 words then spend the rest making straw man fallacies. Arguments that I did not make are being attributed to me. Rebuttal on the actual things I wrote or quoted.
OK

You sound as if you have internal quarrel
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by ChebeNdigboCalm: 9:50pm On Apr 13, 2022
aribisala0:
OK

You sound as if you have internal quarrel

You should read your own comments. You were already abusing before we even properly exchanged words based on things I didn’t say. For example you yapped about Wikipedia. Yapped about Senator Kalu.

Look just stick to speaking to unserious and sentimental people. I won’t waste anymore time. You aren’t versed in history.
Re: Igbo V. Ibibio: How Igbo Crusaders Captured Arochukwu by Gajagojo: 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2023
PressMyButton:
The throne still belongs to the dynasty of ibibio. Much of Aro has the foot print of the ibibio aborigines including the diety of Arochukwu, Ubini Ukpabi.
Very True
The Akamkpa rule to this day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu's Aide Shouts "Thank You Jesus" After Tinubu Recovers From Seizure(Video) / Wikileaks Cables: Pfizer Used Dirty Tricks To Avoid Clinical Trial Payout / Is Buhari A Hausa Or Fulani Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.