Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President (29366 Views)

“why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode / If My Mother Is Igbo, Can I Claim And Contest For Governorship In Her State / Only Igbo Can Deny Themselves Presidency In 2023-osita Okechukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by ItooWorWor(m): 3:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
How Igbo Can Produce A President – Yakasai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEqwCgrPXPM

Former Presidential Adviser, Tanko Yakasai, believes the Igbo ethnic group has a chance to produce a Nigerian President if it gets the blessing of other parts of the country, especially the North.

Mr. Yakassai, 94, made the comment on Friday during an appearance on Channels TV’s Sunrise Daily.

“There is a good opportunity for Igbos to produce the president of Nigeria in the near future or later,” he said.

“The political arrangement in the country is such that you need correlation with some parts of the North and South. The Igbo can make a move of getting partners from other parts of the country, in particular the North.

“It is not just to complain; meaningful efforts should be made to reach out to get partners so that eventually they will realise their aspirations; and I think they can.”

The Igbo are one of the largest ethnic groups in Nigeria, occupying the country’s South-East region, but have not been able to produce a Nigerian President since the country’s return to democracy, adding to the group’s cries of marginalisation.

Mr Yakasai was speaking two days after the 50th anniversary of the end of Nigeria’s infamous civil war which was fought over Igbo secession.

Yakassai believes the war would not have happened if the leaders of the East and the rest of the country were different.

“There were personal differences” between Yakubu Gowon and Odumegwu Ojukwu, he said.

“I doubt if anybody, even the military, contemplated the magnitude of the human and material losses in the country,” Mr Yakasai added.

“People were killed on both sides. It was a huge loss to the country. Nobody can give a correct figure of the total number of people killed at that time and how much is from each side.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2020/01/17/how-igbo-can-produce-a-president-yakasai/amp/

5 Likes

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by vikacydevato(m): 4:00pm On Jan 17, 2020
A good man is a good man, no matter where you are from.

So also a good leader.

If you wish to take a career in goat/sheep farming:
https://www.nairaland.com/4588896/practical-goat-farming-nigeria

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Snipper007: 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2020
mr yakkasa is high, he has seen that the romance between the North and the SW is getting out of hand so he making moves towards the se.

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by V1C70R(m): 4:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
All along, I thought this seat was by the votes from the citizens o, not knowing it's in the hand of one northener

16 Likes

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by ItooWorWor(m): 4:19pm On Jan 17, 2020
Snipper007:
mr yakkasa is high, he has seen that the romance between the North and the SW is getting out of hand so he making moves towards the se.
You got that right, they know their relationship with southwest is over, now they want the southeast

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Opotoyi901(m): 4:35pm On Jan 17, 2020
grin grin people like immhotep, hammerf and jimjames will take this bait

4 Likes

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 17, 2020
Opotoyi901:
grin grin people like
immhotep, hammerf and jimjames will take this bait
How Amotekun na? grin

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Opotoyi901(m): 4:47pm On Jan 17, 2020
immhotep:
How Amotekun na? grin
Amotekun is here to stay and no one can stop it.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2020
Opotoyi901:

Amotekun is here to stay and no one can stop it.
Jagaban Tinubu will not be happy with this. grin

cc lzaa gmbuharii greenback afamed

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by theenchanter: 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2020
Lmao.... the wisdom of Amotekun is d beginning of all fear... grin
Snipper007:
u too sabi.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by LZAA: 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2020
immhotep:

Ebenezar2020 right nowgrin

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2020
None sense ingredients. Because of Amotekun they want to court the SE.

We are smarter than that oga.

Restructure or Break up now!!!

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Opotoyi901(m): 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2020
immhotep:

No cares about Tinubu cause he is not the leader of Yorubas and should be worried cause APC will soon take over southeast looke Imo as already been taken grin tongue

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2020
Opotoyi901:

No cares about Tinubu cause he is not the leader of Yorubas and should be worried cause APC will soon take over southeast looke Imo as already been taken grin tongue
But Imo is already IPOB state na grin grin

cc lzaa gmbuharii greenback

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by LZAA: 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2020
Opotoyi901:

This is treason grin
Immhotep and GMBuharii must hear thisgrin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2020
Thank you but they don't want. What they want is Biafra.

You can pocket your presidency.

The Yorubas have rejected it for their Amotekun, I'm sure the Igbos will reject it for their Biafra.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Opotoyi901(m): 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2020
immhotep:
But Imo is already IPOB state na grin grin
cc lzaa gmbuharii greenback
How is it an IPOB state oga bubu is coming for southeast so be ready grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by itsme01: 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2020
cool

This Amotekun really shock and put fear in this Northerners oo, see them coming out with different Lamba

Truly SouthWest holds the ACE

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2020
LZAA:

This is treason grin
Helinues, afamed, sarrki, greenback and GMBuharii must hear thisgrin
Yes o.
Why has Opotoyi901 suddenly abandoned Alhaji Jagaban Asiwaju Otunba Bola Ahmed Tinubu?

What happened? grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 17, 2020
Opotoyi901:

How is it an IPOB state oga bubu is coming for southeast so be ready grin
Na today ? ? ? cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by DaBullIT(m): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
WAIT
Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Opotoyi901(m): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
immhotep:

Yes o.
Why has Opotoyi901 suddenly abandoned Alhaji Jagaban Asiwaju Otunba Bola Ahmed Tinubu?

What happened? grin grin
Tinubu was never my leader so i don't care about him

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Opotoyi901(m): 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
LZAA:
This is treason grin Immhotep and GMBuharii must hear thisgrin
I will call helinues for you

4 Likes

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 17, 2020
Opotoyi901:

Tinubu was never my leader so i don't care about him
Lzaa please come and hear oh grin grin grin

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.

cc gmbuharii greenback helinues afamed sarrki

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
Opotoyi901:

I will call helinues for you
Lzaa and I love helinues very much kiss kiss kiss

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Opotoyi901(m): 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2020
immhotep:
Lzaa please come and hear oh grin grin grin
What has been seen, cannot be unseen.

cc gmbuharii greenback helinues afamed sarrki
You wan die ontop tinubu matter ni

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2020
Opotoyi901:

You wan die ontop tinubu matter ni
I just want to support Sai Mama. cheesy cheesy

cc gmbuharii greenback helinues afamed sarrki lzaa

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Opotoyi901(m): 5:11pm On Jan 17, 2020
immhotep:
Lzaa and I love helinues very much kiss kiss kiss
grin grin i know is your tormentor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2020
Opotoyi901:

grin grin i know is your tormentor
Oh no he is our main man. cheesy cheesy

cc lzaa

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Opotoyi901(m): 5:13pm On Jan 17, 2020
immhotep:
I just want to support Sai Mama. cheesy cheesy
cc gmbuharii greenback helinues afamed sarrki lzaa
Which mama be that, be like sey u don dey smoke ba grin
Re: Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President by Opotoyi901(m): 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2020
immhotep:
Oh no he is our main man. cheesy cheesy
cc lzaa
I don't believe on till he gets here we will know grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lekki-Ikoyi Toll Collection Postponed Indefinitely / Full Transcript Of President Buhari's Latest CNN Interview / Boko Haram Terrorist Captured With Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.