Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Is There A Direct Train From Lagos To Ilorin? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is There A Direct Train From Lagos To Ilorin? (4673 Views)

My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) / Federal Bridge That Links Saki To Ilorin Collapses (Video) / How Much Is Transport Cost From Sango Ota To Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Direct Train From Lagos To Ilorin? by ImahGabi22(m): 11:31am On Mar 02, 2022
Hello everyone, as the topic states, is there a direct train from Lagos to Ilorin.

If yes, I'd love to know the departure point, price and other details as to where the train stops.

Thanks

@folake4u
@other train users
@lalasticlala
Re: Is There A Direct Train From Lagos To Ilorin? by DoggoneDogg: 11:33am On Mar 02, 2022
Yes but make sure you don't close your eyes to sleep in that train cuz you will be surrounded by Afonja skull miners.
Make sure its not night train too.
Carry a large mirror so you can use it to occasionally monitor the people sitting behind you incase of any sudden movement.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Is There A Direct Train From Lagos To Ilorin? by ImahGabi22(m): 1:52pm On Mar 02, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
Yes but make sure you don't close your eyes to sleep in that train cuz you will be surrounded by Afonja skull miners.
Make sure its not night train too.
Carry a large mirror so you can use it to occasionally monitor the people sitting behind you incase of any sudden movement.

A word is enough for the wise.

You still didn't give me any details about the question I asked

1 Like

Re: Is There A Direct Train From Lagos To Ilorin? by DoggoneDogg: 1:54pm On Mar 02, 2022
[s]
ImahGabi22:

You still didn't give me any details about the question I asked
[/s]

I just saved your life
I'm all you have right now
Re: Is There A Direct Train From Lagos To Ilorin? by folake4u(f): 4:42pm On Mar 02, 2022
ImahGabi22:
Hello everyone, as the topic states, is there a direct train from Lagos to Ilorin.

If yes, I'd love to know the departure point, price and other details as to where the train stops.

Thanks

@folake4u
@other train users
@lalasticlala

Hello there. I don't know about this.

But this guy said something on my train experience thread. CC : ogabs20
The Lagos to Kano route is the old and narrow gauge one. This is the one that existed from the colonial era. It's not as comfortable as these new ones and it takes days to one's destination. The new trains which are the standard gauge only operate from ABJ-KD, LAG-IB and Itakpe- Warri.
The plan is to connect Lagos to Abuja then to Kano but they've decided to segment the construction. The current construction going on is the Kano to Kaduna that will automatically link Kano to Abuja.
Then there is the Itakpe- to Abuja construction that will also automatically link Abuja to Warri. Construction on this route will resume later in the year

(1) (Reply)

Dutch Police Raid West African Migrants' Club / Got My Visa Via Bank Phb Education / Need Honeymoon Destination!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.