Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Why You Still Need Root In 2022 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Still Need Root In 2022 (1710 Views)

Hide Root In Tecno BOOM J8 / Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho / How To Root Tecno K7 Spark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by Olaniyyi(m): 12:49pm On Mar 02, 2022
One can argue that smartphones have improved a lot over the years and the need for rooting a smartphone has reduced significantly, although this is true to a certain extent, rooting is still very much valid in 2022 and I am going to tell you why.

Except you're using a device like the Google Pixel, One plus, Motorola, Nokia, Asus, Sony Xperia and some other brands that offer stock or near-stock Android experience, many of the smartphones today are loaded with bloatware. If you're a Xiaomi phone user, you would understand what I mean. While Xiaomi is not the only culprit here, the major players in Africa are also part of the scheme loading their smartphones with bloatware.

You can't talk about bloatware and not mention the Transsion holding brands that include Tecno, Infinix and Itel. This device comes with unnecessary bloatware that cannot be uninstalled completely from the device. While you can pretend as if the app is not there since you do not use any of the apps (bloatware), you have the option to disable the apps from the app property settings, however, the apps only disappear from your app drawer but are still on your device taking space.

Aside from the issue of bloatware, Xiaomi and many other big brands display ads on their devices. While some ads are not intrusive, you can get frustrated by ads on some devices like Tecno, Infinix and Itel. All this contribute to a terrible Android experience for the users.

Also, you have the issue of some manufacturers not providing upgrades for their devices. This particularly is one of the major problems with the major players in Africa. If you buy an Infinix, Tecno or Itel device today, the chances that you'll ever get another major OS upgrade on that device is almost zero. However, once in a while these companies chose to provide OS upgrades to only a few of their best selling or flagship devices and they only provide just one major OS upgrade even though the official Android standards state that devices should get at least 3 OS versions update after release.

To deal with all these issues, you need to root on your device. Rooting your device will allow you to uninstall bloatware completely from your device and deal with ads properly. With a rooted device, you can install bloatware free OS (GSIs) on your device or custom roms if your device has official custom ROM support. You can also install a custom recovery like TWRP on your device and easily flash sound and performance tweaks on your device to get the best out of it.

However, before you can root your device, the first and most important thing to do is to unlock the bootloader of your device. Bootloader unlocking server as the gateway into the "rootingverse" and can be done in a variety of ways depending on the device. After unlocking the bootloader of your device, there is usually a message displayed on your device screen called a verified boot state warning.

Bootloader unlocks always trigger the orange state warning Android devices and some users dislike this message and want to get rid of it. Luckily for you, there is a simple guide on how to disable the orange state warning on Androids boot screen. Once you have an unlocked bootloader, rooting and flashing image files becomes a lot easier.

So, do you agree that you still need root in 2022? If you have a different opinion, share in the comments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by iseoluwanimi: 1:49pm On Mar 02, 2022
Its not even an option for someone like me no matter how interesting it could be... the main disadvantages in rooting a device is still glaring... i better stick to manually switching off unnecessary apps and features...

NICE SHARE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by Freelancerx: 9:03pm On Mar 06, 2022
I still won't advice it though
Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by dankwoska: 9:25pm On Mar 06, 2022
The thing scare me pass
iseoluwanimi:
Its not even an option for someone like me no matter how interesting it could be... the main disadvantages in rooting a device is still glaring... i better stick to manually switching off unnecessary apps and features...

NICE SHARE
Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by Mohbola(f): 11:14pm On Mar 06, 2022
Do not root in 2022

1 Like

Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by Flamees(m): 8:49am On Mar 07, 2022
iseoluwanimi:

NICE SHARE
Well It's not an option for a noob
Because you can easily brick your device
But i prefer using Root
Like i used KingRoot to uninstall some unwanted apps and made some few tweaks

And i can easily unroot with a tap
But rooting has become a hard procedure since the days of andriod 6
Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by sureinfo: 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2022
Why will I want to root a device if I can disable the notifications from those apps?
Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by sureinfo: 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2022
Flamees:

Well It's not an option for a noob
Because you can easily brick your device
But i prefer using Root
Like i used KingRoot to uninstall some unwanted apps and made some few tweaks

And i can easily unroot with a tap
But rooting has become a hard procedure since the days of andriod 6
abi? Plus rooted devices may crash when you want to carry out updates.

1 Like

Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by oyewolestephen(m): 4:25pm On Mar 07, 2022
Rooting has really made me to enjoy my Poco M3 like never, using app like sa2ration, alpha backup and more
Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by chickenfoot: 5:56am On Mar 08, 2022
Never have I been a fan of rooting? The wahala too much abeg
Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by biroo: 5:58am On Mar 08, 2022
Okay, but if you can disable the notifications why root a Tecno phone?
Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by Olaniyyi(m): 8:48pm On Mar 11, 2022
biroo:
Okay, but if you can disable the notifications why root a Tecno phone?

For more space on the internal memory
Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by OneKinGuy(m): 9:28am On Mar 12, 2022
Reason I still root:
1. Am a Audiophile so I use viper4android
2. To block ads systemwide without having the vpn connection most adblocker has.
3. To backup and restore all my apps, data and settings in one click.
4. To disable system apps without adb.

1 Like

Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by biroo: 7:13am On Mar 15, 2022
Olaniyyi:

I still advice against it so you don't have issues when it comes to updating your phone
Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by biroo: 7:14am On Mar 15, 2022
OneKinGuy:
Reason I still root:
1. Am a Audiophile so I use viper4android
2. To block ads systemwide without having the vpn connection most adblocker has.
3. To backup and restore all my apps, data and settings in one click.
4. To disable system apps without adb.
after rooting,can you update your phone whenever a system update arrives?

1 Like

Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by paduzman: 12:35am On Mar 16, 2022
Shey rooting can crash a device when you want to update? Why do it then?
Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by KristopherK: 10:22am On Mar 16, 2022
Thank you for sharing your valuable solution, it's work properly.

MaryKayInTouch USA
Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by biroo: 8:47am On Mar 22, 2022
Olaniyyi:

okay, but devices like the space 8c already comes with memory fusion that helps you increase your memory space
Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by Kyase(m): 10:53pm On Mar 22, 2022
sureinfo:
Why will I want to root a device if I can disable the notifications from those apps?
Lol
It's not about notification alone bro
Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by Pandorah(m): 12:19am On Mar 23, 2022
iseoluwanimi:

NICE SHARE
You're missing a lot!

Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by Pandorah(m): 12:21am On Mar 23, 2022
Mohbola:
Do not root in 2022

Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by ikechukz(m): 4:52am On Mar 23, 2022
Pandorah:
You're missing a lot!
I'm thinking of rooting my Poco x3 gt just to tweak the display. Does your bank apps still work after rooting?
Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by Pandorah(m): 7:41am On Mar 23, 2022
ikechukz:
I'm thinking of rooting my Poco x3 gt just to tweak the display. Does your bank apps still work after rooting?
Yes, my bank apps work. Root ur device with Magisk

1 Like

Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by ikechukz(m): 8:14am On Mar 23, 2022
Pandorah:
Yes, my bank apps work. Root ur device with Magisk
Okay thanks. It sucks that I have to root my phone to properly modify the display. My phone has warm colors while I prefer colder colors and Miui color scheme really sucks.
Re: Why You Still Need Root In 2022 by Olaniyyi(m): 12:06pm On Apr 25, 2022
biroo:
after rooting, can you update your phone whenever a system update arrives?

No, however, if you installed an official custom rom for your device it is possible. But if you are rooted with no custom recovery installed on your device, you can unroot temporarily and update. Rooting it back won't be as complicated as when you first did because this time, you don't have to go over the process of unlocking your device bootloader. You only need to install your custom recovery and flashed whatever root app (file) you used to get root.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Lumia 1020 - 41 MP Pureview Camera 32GB Internal Memory / Videoder Not Downloading / Six (6) Tips On How To Make Your Android battery And Data Last Longer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.