Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? (24571 Views)

Which States Will Give Tinubu Bloc Votes? / Which States Will Peter Obi Win To Win The Presidential Election? / Which States Will Oppose The New VAT Ruling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Yankee101: 10:26am On Mar 03, 2022
Sunshine
Water
Oil and Gas
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by GistFullGround: 10:28am On Mar 03, 2022
tollyboy5:
lagos has the money to settle that. im very sure Lagos will start making process immediately

Lagos that is in debt?

3 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by baralatie(m): 10:30am On Mar 03, 2022
GistFullGround:

Lagos that is in debt?
Serious debt

3 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by EMAXIM(m): 10:30am On Mar 03, 2022
Ibom PP is about 220mw and not 500mw
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by tollyboy5(m): 10:32am On Mar 03, 2022
GistFullGround:

Lagos that is in debt?
Lol in debt didn't deprive her from investing in more capital project.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Echoban: 10:35am On Mar 03, 2022
GistFullGround:

Lagos that is in debt?

USA is the most indebted country. What are u saying? So because they have debt mean they don't have finance to invest in capital project?? Not as u think bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Greatfullheart: 10:35am On Mar 03, 2022
Niger state thats suppose to be power state no dey get light. Na to collec tax na im dey their head. Mad people

2 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by airmax16: 10:37am On Mar 03, 2022
I think south east will do well in energy supply with the huge gas in the region sha dat my own the region if it invest in energy supply they will do well sha

3 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by tollyboy5(m): 10:37am On Mar 03, 2022
mmsen:

Lagos can barely handle transport for the population that it is.

Can barely handle sanitation.

The idea that they will become wizards when it comes to electricity is laughable.
Lagos is really trying bro. Lagos is getting no special revenue from federal government as it contribute majorly to vat and other federal government revenue.
Massive capital project in lagos are ongoing presently, the capital project will serve as a way to increase the state IGR massively.
Then maybe we can now start talking of subways to add to the blue and red line rail.
Besides electricity is a massive capital project that will take lagos to her promise land, competing with other nations. So a wise government will take full advantage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Areaboy2(m): 10:40am On Mar 03, 2022
i'm sorry, did i miss something?

was there a new law that now allows states generate and use their own electricity?
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by oneMalik: 10:44am On Mar 03, 2022
Fail analysis ..... kudos

richiemcgold:
Even before the new law, Lagos has already been investing in IPP for years. This new law will now enable it to get better.
Ondo state too has a power plant project at Ore, but the power generated there are not for households; it is only for industries at Ore industrial park.
There's Bonny Island too in Rivers state. They have never relied on national grid; they generate their power independently.
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 03, 2022
udele1:
I know Anambra will do well with Gas.

Enugu will do with coal.

You can add others.
grin
Ibo....Y.ibo! Yiiiiiibo.

Coal. Come on!
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by seyz91(m): 10:46am On Mar 03, 2022
Osun and ilorin(kwara) will do well with electricity
udele1:

Enugu will do with coal.

You can add others.

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Anchuna: 10:46am On Mar 03, 2022
Generation is not the problem but delivering the electric energy produced to end users through transmission and distribution networks that states don't have control.

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Perfecttouchade: 10:46am On Mar 03, 2022
Iju ishaga Elliot, agbado , crossing been experiencing crazy power supply recently with just an hour supply and they take the light away, not even this hot period..my question is why do we have to pay for something we are not getting ..fuel no dey , Power supply e no dey abeg wetin dey happen
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by do4luv14(m): 10:50am On Mar 03, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:
Definitely Lagos!

she has the finance!

with more money spend, thing is Lagos doesn't had a wall, oil walls, nor gas reserves,

anyway, let's see as it goes
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by ProudImolite: 10:52am On Mar 03, 2022
I know of Imo state and Akwa Ibom. Rivers state, Delta state, Kano, Lagos will also do well because they can raise the funds to carry out this. Other states aside this above 6 na question mark. Although Abia state has geometric already in the pipeline
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by ProudImolite: 10:53am On Mar 03, 2022
udele1:

Enugu will do with coal.

You can add others.
is this a joke??

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by ProudImolite: 10:54am On Mar 03, 2022
post=110697463:
Anambra will be one of the states the revolution will start, with governor elect, we have enough man power that will key into the project, people like, Oilserv, Nestoil, Orient and Seplat, we are also blessed with huge gas reserve
which gas reserve for where?

2 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Baniremi11: 11:00am On Mar 03, 2022
GPS Car Tracker Nationwide Installation. Do it Now, car theft is on the increase
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by COMPAQ(m): 11:06am On Mar 03, 2022
Anchuna:
Generation is not the problem but delivering the electric energy produced to end users through transmission and distribution networks that states don't have control.

Good point. Although I think the intent of the new clause in the constitution is to enable states generate and distribute with existing networks if they also choose. States do not have to create new distribution networks.

Sobif Lagos state creates an IPP and contracts with EKEDC to supply into its network, EKEDC can then distribute.

Before now, electricity generated by a lagos IPP would need to go into the national grid and would not be dedicated to the residents of Lagos. That's the difference now I believe.

This way they also bypass national transmission infrastructure. However, if EKEDC then has too much electricity, it can then on sell into the national grid. Or if Lagos IPP produces 800MW and EKEDC only needs 600MW, then the balance can go into national grid.

4 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by COMPAQ(m): 11:09am On Mar 03, 2022
ProudImolite:
which gas reserve for where?

Many people have forgotten that the gas belongs to FG not state. Although FG and State and oil companies can collaborate and sign agreements, but people on here just saying this state has this and the other state has that doesnt make stuff automatic
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by tnerro1(m): 11:10am On Mar 03, 2022
Lagos no doubt, by the time Lagos starts collecting their VAT, they will look like a different country from the rest of us, I just pity the core north, if they don’t sit up and elect leaders based on competence instead or religion, dem go hear am. That’s why we need state police as soon as possible

3 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by SlyCharlie(m): 11:11am On Mar 03, 2022
Areaboy2:
i'm sorry, did i miss something?

was there a new law that now allows states generate and use their own electricity?
yes, there was a new constitution amendment to that effect passed on Tuesday

2 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by lastchild: 11:14am On Mar 03, 2022
i would've said ebony state but it's unfortunate that umahi is leaving next year
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Clash01: 11:21am On Mar 03, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:
Definitely Lagos!

she has the finance!

Lol. Jos has been stable electricity for a long time.
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Artzdanielsz(m): 11:21am On Mar 03, 2022
Ojiofor:
Geometric Power Limited already doing that in Abia state.
I was about to bring this up. A lot of people on nairaland don't know a thing about Aba only what they are fed.

3 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by Luluakim: 11:22am On Mar 03, 2022
Goddyj:
This is the first time you're posting something that is not about IPOB and Biafra. This account has been hacked angry
. Hahahahahahahahaha@ this account has been hacked hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by mecussey(m): 11:22am On Mar 03, 2022
LegendHero:
I will tip Lagos state because they have the purchasing power to consume the power for the sponsors to reap benefit or break even.

Power generation is very expensive and for the state to break even, they must have citizens that can afford it in their multitudes.

If NBS gives us the correct data of states residents purchasing power, that can help each governor to understand what it will feel like if they embark on such huge projects.

Governors will now start campaigning with “I will give this state 24hrs electricity and bla bla bla”. Looking forward to that honestly.

You are right but it depends on how the power is generated. The problem still is, the natural resources are been controlled by the federal government. Anambra has enough gas but FG will determine how much they will get it as fuel to generate the electricity...meaning the masses will still pay for the huge cost. The solution to Nigeria as a country is let every state manage her resources, trust me ONE NIGERIA will start making sense to everybody.

3 Likes

Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by ProudImolite: 11:23am On Mar 03, 2022
tnerro1:
Lagos no doubt, by the time Lagos starts collecting their VAT, they will look like a different country from the rest of us, I just pity the core north, if they don’t sit up and elect leaders based on competence instead or religion, dem go hear am. That’s why we need state police as soon as possible
Story Story
Re: Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity? by ProudImolite: 11:24am On Mar 03, 2022
Artzdanielsz:

I was about to bring this up. A lot of people on nairaland don't know a thing about Aba only what they are fed.
True

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari's Cabinet Members, Appointees Mentioned In Accountant-General N200b Fraud / Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position / Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.