Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,995 members, 7,866,743 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:57 AM

Gov. - Foreign Affairs (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gov. (186594 Views)

Vladimir Putin’s 20-Year March To War In Ukraine And How The West Mishandled It / Russia-Ukraine Crisis: "Putin Cannot Remain In Power" - President Biden / Marina Ovsyannikova, Russian Anti-War Protester Interrupts News On State TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. by Ibrahimcoomasie: 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Biden says Putin 'totally miscalculated' by invading Ukraine but is a 'rational actor'

President Joe Biden said in an exclusive CNN interview Tuesday he believed Russian President Vladimir Putin is a "rational actor" who nonetheless badly misjudged his ability to invade Ukraine and SUPPRESS its people.

"I think he is a rational actor who has MIScalculated significantly, You listen to what he says. If you listen to the speech he made after when that decision was being made, he talked about the whole idea of he was needed to be the leader of Russia that united all of Russian speakers. I mean, it's just I just think it's irrational,

"I think the speech, his objectives were not rational. I think he thought, Jake, I think he thought he was going to be welcomed with open arms, that this was the home of Mother Russia in Kyiv, and that where he was going to be welcomed, and I think he just totally miscalculated,"Biden said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. by Ibrahimcoomasie: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2022
Brandenburg Gate also known as City gate in Berlin, Germany lights up for Ukraine to tonight.

1 Like

Re: Gov. by Whobedatte(m): 10:30pm On Oct 11, 2022
Breaking: Germany has provided to Ukraine the first air defence system Iris-T. It’s considered to be the best in the world

1 Like

Re: Gov. by Whobedatte(m): 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
it really is a world class anti-air system, capable of even shooting down air-to-air missiles
Made in Germany cheesy wink

Re: Gov. by paafin(m): 10:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
Ibrahimcoomasie:
Zelensky: Russia launched 28 missiles, over 15 drones at Ukraine on Oct. 11.

Ukrainian Armed Forces intercepted 20 missiles and shot down almost all drones, President Volodymyr Zelensky said in an evening address

Intercepted 20 missiles and all 15 drones with your infrastructures..

Bravo, Elensky grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by paafin(m): 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2022
Whobedatte:
it really is a world class anti-air system, capable of even shooting down air-to-air missiles
Made in Germany cheesy wink

Na hypersonic missiles go dismantle this one grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. by Whobedatte(m): 10:56pm On Oct 11, 2022
paafin:

Na hypersonic missiles go dismantle this one grin
You think say na chinko made abi .
Wait till you see a new dimension to the war

2 Likes

Re: Gov. by Alamkir: 10:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
iykofias:
it’s ok na
Ha.... I tire
Re: Gov. by BentizilL: 11:17pm On Oct 11, 2022
Ibrahimcoomasie:

Ukrainian Armed Forces intercepted 20 missiles and shot down almost all drones, President Volodymyr Zelensky said in an evening address
Where are you getting your news? Ukraine intercepted everything, that was why none was able to hit the infrastructure.. shocked

Chai this is a case of delusion.. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by ParasiteWest: 11:25pm On Oct 11, 2022
Saudi Arabian officials bluntly refused to comply with White House requests that the Riyadh-controlled oil producing alliance OPEC+ withhold for a month the production cuts it announced last week, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by ParasiteWest: 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2022
The Journal said the White House was already upset by the September production cut, which virtually wiped out the 100,000 barrels per day increase that OPEC+ announced after Biden’s maiden visit to Saudi Arabia in July.
Re: Gov. by ParasiteWest: 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2022
Saudi officials had originally planned a 500,000 barrels per day increase as a sign of goodwill towards the visit. But Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who has a testy relationship with Biden, personally saw to it that the increase be reduced to 100,000 barrels per day.

1 Like

Re: Gov. by ParasiteWest: 11:27pm On Oct 11, 2022
The US State Department’s energy-security envoy, Amos Hochstein, then sent the Saudi energy minister, Abdulaziz bin Salman, an email that suggested he had broken his word promising a larger increase, those familiar with the matter told the Journal. The email angered Abdulaziz and strengthened his resolve to forge an oil policy independent of the United States, the report added.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by ParasiteWest: 11:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
Biden calls Putin ‘rational actor’

That comment is designed as a personal 'psyop' upon President Putin. But it won't work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. by Appleyard(m): 1:30am On Oct 12, 2022
Datguy5:

what?

do you have proof of what you are saying?

Russia and China not only supplied weapons and fighters to Vietnam, but they also trained the Vietcong and the US had more nukes that Russia and china combined at that point so if they wanted to nuke Vietnam, there was nothing Russia or china could have done

Are you aware that the US did used chemical bombs in Vietnam?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by Appleyard(m): 1:41am On Oct 12, 2022
atmy1:
All these fools. So the Ukrainian attack on crimean bridge is not an attack on civilians. Honestly I feel sorry for Putin. The guy truly loves the Ukrainians and perhaps that's his main weakness. Even though he knew how important it was to defeat ukraine he wanted to do it with the least possible casualty and in doing that, endangered his own people. I believe he would have been deposed by the more hawkish Russian elite if he hadn't stepped up the campaign like this.

Putin's mother is Ukrainian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. by ParasiteWest: 1:49am On Oct 12, 2022
Explosions heard in Ukraine’s Zaporozhye, Nikolayev; air raid sirens go off in Kiev — TV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. by ParasiteWest: 1:49am On Oct 12, 2022
MOSCOW, October 12. /TASS/. Ukraine’s public television reported that blasts were heard in the Ukrainian cities of Nikolayev and Zaporozhye in the early hours of Wednesday, while air raid sirens went off in the capital Kiev.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by Enugurangers: 2:57am On Oct 12, 2022
Appleyard:

Putin's mother is Ukrainian.
Link?
Re: Gov. by adamusuleiman1: 3:06am On Oct 12, 2022
Enugurangers:

Link?
See below. Information on the web points to her being Russia.
Another woman (Vera Putina) claiming to be the mum is from Georgia. The kremlin has several times denied the woman's story.

1 Like

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 3:38am On Oct 12, 2022
The Ukrainian Ministry of Energy announced that Russia had wiped out a third of the country's electricity production facilities within two days.

The attack on the Crimea bridge is already costing Ukraine a lot, and it serves as a pretext for the Russians to wipe out the infrastructure there.

1 Like

Re: Gov. by Uprightness100(m): 3:40am On Oct 12, 2022
North Korea has officially enshrined the right to use preemptive nuclear strikes to protect itself in a new law that leader Kim Jong Un said makes its nuclear status “irreversible” and bars denuclearisation talks, state media reported on Friday (9 September).

The move comes as observers say North Korea appears to be preparing to resume nuclear testing for the first time since 2017, after historic summits with then-US President Donald Trump and other world leaders in 2018 failed to persuade Kim to abandon his weapons development.
The North’s rubber-stamp parliament, the Supreme People’s Assembly, passed the legislation on Thursday as a replacement to a 2013 law that first outlined the country’s nuclear status, according to state news agency KCNA.

(EURACTIV)
Re: Gov. by gambojimeta: 3:45am On Oct 12, 2022
Uprightness100:

The North Korea’s rubber-stamp parliament, the Supreme People’s Assembly, passed the legislation on Thursday as a replacement to a 2013 law that first outlined the country’s nuclear status, according to state news agency KCNA.

(EURACTIV)
Like Russia like North Korea grin

1 Like

Re: Gov. by adamusuleiman1: 4:17am On Oct 12, 2022
Ukraine:
Before (10th of October) and after (11th of October).

3 Likes

Re: Gov. by adamusuleiman1: 5:41am On Oct 12, 2022
Greece run entirely on renewable for the first time in history.

In 2021, EU commission approved $2.1Billion Greek policy to support 4.2 GW of renewables. The country is targeting 25GW of installed renewable capacity by 2030, up from around 10GW today.

Re: Gov. by olugabbie(m): 5:48am On Oct 12, 2022
Ibrahimcoomasie:

If this is true, he shouldn't be asking for more air defense systems. They shot down 20 out of 28 missiles, because you can't shot down all the missiles no matter how advanced your defense system is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by olugabbie(m): 6:14am On Oct 12, 2022
Ibrahimcoomasie:
Biden says Putin 'totally miscalculated' by invading Ukraine but is a 'rational actor'

President Joe Biden said in an exclusive CNN interview Tuesday he believed Russian President Vladimir Putin is a "rational actor" who nonetheless badly misjudged his ability to invade Ukraine and SUPPRESS its people.

"I think he is a rational actor who has MIScalculated significantly, You listen to what he says. If you listen to the speech he made after when that decision was being made, he talked about the whole idea of he was needed to be the leader of Russia that united all of Russian speakers. I mean, it's just I just think it's irrational,

"I think the speech, his objectives were not rational. I think he thought, Jake, I think he thought he was going to be welcomed with open arms, that this was the home of Mother Russia in Kyiv, and that where he was going to be welcomed, and I think he just totally miscalculated,"Biden said.

The truth is beginning to come out. I have said it several times. Putin was not interested in taking Ukraine. He thought, he would get the same treatment, he got in Crimea. The FSB failed him.

The Western analysts didn't believe that he would invade. They said the 250k won't even make it to Kiev. If he wanted to conquer Ukraine he would have started the war with minimum of 500k troops and increase their number as the war progresses.

But surprisingly the insufficient troops went ahead to even push above their weight. They made it to Kiev gate and refuse to bombard the capital.

It has nothing to do with incompetence of the Russian military. It was an intelligent failure. Invading Ukraine was not a miscalculation. The way he conducted the invasion was a miscalculation.

Now, the West is increase the cost of the war for Russia. They are sending more & more advanced weapon to Kiev. Different countries in the was a taken the Ukrainians in thousand out of Ukraine to train them.

The war will end in negotiation. The 300k reservists called up by Russia is just the beginning, more and more will be called up. Ukraine will get tired at a point. The Western civilian population have started speaking out. Elon Musk has spoken out and more and more people will speak out. Protest will increase in the West. People will call for negotiation.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. by olugabbie(m): 6:19am On Oct 12, 2022
Whobedatte:

Advance defense systems will not stop Russian from hitting Ukrainian infrastructures. It will only increase the cost of the war for Russia. Russia will be forced to use more and more advanced missiles & change tactics to hit target in Ukraine. The missiles are not cheap.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. by paafin(m): 6:23am On Oct 12, 2022
Whobedatte:

You think Russia is Afghanistan with home made rockets?

You will soon find out grin

By the way, how many did it intercept this morning?? grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (385) (Reply)

South African Officers Caught On Camera Having Sex In A Hospital / US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) / Linda Okello, Kenya's Female Police Officer, The Most Endowed, In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.