Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,141 members, 7,953,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:46 PM

Can I Leave The UK As A Dependant - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can I Leave The UK As A Dependant (799 Views)

Parenting In The UK As A Nigerian Migrant. / Adventure Of A UK Tier 4 Dependant / Nigerians - Leave The UK (United Kingdom) ALONE!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Leave The UK As A Dependant by personal59: 11:47pm On Mar 02, 2022
I want to inquire if I can travel to Nigeria to pick up my daughter when am on a student-dependent visa.

What I meant is that my wife is the one studying and we are both in the UK for just 2months+ can I go back to Nigeria for a week just to go and bring our daughter in since her visa has been approved too but she is just less than 3.
Re: Can I Leave The UK As A Dependant by Richdee1(m): 12:28am On Mar 03, 2022
LexusG470
Re: Can I Leave The UK As A Dependant by Lexusgs430: 12:48am On Mar 03, 2022
Richdee1:
LexusG470

Nah me you dey call so .......... grin
Re: Can I Leave The UK As A Dependant by Lexusgs430: 12:53am On Mar 03, 2022
personal59:
I want to inquire if I can travel to Nigeria to pick up my daughter when am on a student-dependent visa.

What I meant is that my wife is the one studying and we are both in the UK for just 2months+ can I go back to Nigeria for a week just to go and bring our daughter in since her visa has been approved too but she is just less than 3.

Father is on a dependent visa (so can work full time) + mother is the student.......

Father wants to bring 3 year old from Nigeria ?.....?

If father is man enough to cope with daughter on the flight, I don't see why he cannot make the trip .......

Before you travel, ensure you have all photocopies of your wives visa documents, letter of authority from your wife etc etc etc ..........

Our immigrations officials, are usually over zealous......

2 Likes

Re: Can I Leave The UK As A Dependant by Amotolongbo(f): 1:00am On Mar 03, 2022
personal59:

You can travel in and out of UK within the visa window
Re: Can I Leave The UK As A Dependant by MarketDispatch: 1:30am On Mar 03, 2022
personal59:

If she is old enough to travel as a minor, buy direct flight ticket. Let the people taking care of her check her in in Nigeria as a minor travelling alone and hand her over to the airline at the airport. The airline flight cabin crew are responsible to hand her over to you in UK.

1 Like

Re: Can I Leave The UK As A Dependant by Lexusgs430: 1:38am On Mar 03, 2022
MarketDispatch:

If she is old enough to travel as a minor, buy direct flight ticket. Let the people taking care of her check her in in Nigeria as a minor travelling alone and hand her over to the airline at the airport. The airline flight cabin crew are responsible to hand her over to you in UK.

You would put a 3 year old on a plane by herself, using chaperone services.........

And you would sleep well ............. wink

1 Like

Re: Can I Leave The UK As A Dependant by personal59: 3:12am On Mar 03, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Father is on a dependent visa (so can work full time) + mother is the student.......

Father wants to bring 3 year old from Nigeria ?.....?

If father is man enough to cope with daughter on the flight, I don't see why he cannot make the trip .......

Before you travel, ensure you have all photocopies of your wives visa documents, letter of authority from your wife etc etc etc ..........

Our immigrations officials, are usually over zealous......

Thank you
Re: Can I Leave The UK As A Dependant by personal59: 3:14am On Mar 03, 2022
Thanks to everyone, yes I can cope with the challenges that come with it and it's just a 6hrs journey am just concerned about the movement of me being able to come back into the UK as some people here tell me I might not be allowed in and I don't know what to believe because it's scary and confusing at the same time
Re: Can I Leave The UK As A Dependant by personal59: 3:16am On Mar 03, 2022
MarketDispatch:

Ahhh

I said she is 2years +

Less than 3years so she can't travel on her own
Re: Can I Leave The UK As A Dependant by Richdee1(m): 9:54am On Mar 03, 2022
Lexusgs430:

Nah me you dey call so .......... grin

Na you I be wan tag, no vex that ride don enter my eyes �
Re: Can I Leave The UK As A Dependant by MarketDispatch: 2:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
Lexusgs430:

You would put a 3 year old on a plane by herself, using chaperone services.........

And you would sleep well ............. wink

Okay....the child's age was not earlier disclosed by the OP as at when I typed my response.

(1) (Reply)

Travel From Enugu To Lagos By PMT / Immigration Website Palava / Bastille Day Parade In Paris.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.