Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,642 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine (12724 Views)

Zubairu Hamza Massu Dumps APC, Joins PDP / Biography Of Rear-Admiral Awwal Zubairu Gambo (New Chief Of Naval Staff) / Adamu Mohammed Removes Imohimi As Lagos CP, Zubairu To Take Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by winner37(m): 9:22am On Mar 03, 2022
every slide opportunity is to drage money to holes.
thank god i don't know math for not to suffer myself caculating people government want to evacuat from ukraine with 3.5b

1 Like

Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Allisgud: 9:24am On Mar 03, 2022
Eh another scamming of Nigerian,is the same Nigerian dat have refuse to come back
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by adriano50: 9:25am On Mar 03, 2022
Russia blow this unclear weapon jor lets reset Nigeria
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Lindodo20: 9:27am On Mar 03, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
Mr Dada disclosed that the sum was approved at the monthly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting which was presided over by the Vice President on Wednesday.

https://gazettengr.com/buhari-regime-to-spend-n3-5-billion-to-evacuate-nigerians-in-ukraine/

I bet they will buy the dollars they need on the black market. The one at CBN is for Dubai expo and other friends of Aso Rock

1 Like

Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by NOwazobia: 9:43am On Mar 03, 2022
Give us our money, and leave them there to fight with Ukraine.
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by heniford2: 9:56am On Mar 03, 2022
3.5 billion cheesy grin Nawa oh

1 Like

Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by hayoholla(m): 10:04am On Mar 03, 2022
Funny people, see how they cherry pick matters, on which they need to give account. grin. Tell them to do the same on all other matters, pertaining to cost of governance, then they will start to stammer, or even not speak. Just bring your citizens out of there, and don't form one kind honesty that does not exist. We don't need you to tell us how much you spent, just do what you're supposed to do.

1 Like

Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Ray07(m): 10:05am On Mar 03, 2022
Zealoy:
yeah the kind of planes US uses to evacuate Afghanistans during the take over of Taliban, its an emergency evacuation and not a vacation trip
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Benrosaria(m): 10:20am On Mar 03, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
Mr Dada disclosed that the sum was approved at the monthly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting which was presided over by the Vice President on Wednesday.

https://gazettengr.com/buhari-regime-to-spend-n3-5-billion-to-evacuate-nigerians-in-ukraine/

They left your sorry ass country because of greener pasture now you have all that greener pasture to give them ?

Oh why a black heart
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 10:29am On Mar 03, 2022
Another money-spinning machine
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Yankee101: 10:31am On Mar 03, 2022
Must everything involve stealing and corruption?

1 Like

Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Gamesmart: 10:34am On Mar 03, 2022
Flets:
That is 8.4million USD approved.

At 1,000USD per person for one way flight from Europe, 1 million USD will fly 1000 people. At most 2million USD will fly 2000 people. 6.4 million USD to go to individual pockets.

Note that this calculation assumes commercial flight. For evacuation flights, terminal charges are excluded for the flights making it much less.

If you ain’t tired of Nigeria, something is wrong with you.

They are chartering Air Peace and Max Air, that wholesale and guaranteed full plane means the cost per passenger cannot be more than 500USD.

Even when factoring in that these airlines would fly empty to the countries, that should not cost more than 200USD per passenger.

Looters!

1 Like

Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by shiwex: 10:49am On Mar 03, 2022
benuejosh:
We need to appreciate this government for prioritizing the safety of its citizens both home and abroad. Yet some will say he is not doing enough. M

God bless President Muhammadu Buhari.
A little too late, Was he sleeping before? India has already evacuated over 20 ,000 students. Nigeria 0
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Baniremi11: 11:17am On Mar 03, 2022
GPS Car Tracker Nationwide Installation. Do it Now, car theft is on the increase
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Dawnofhope: 11:18am On Mar 03, 2022
See what putio has cause us . Yet some are spaising like he is doing a good job.
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by benuejosh: 11:20am On Mar 03, 2022
shiwex:
A little too late, Was he sleeping before? India has already evacuated over 20 ,000 students. Nigeria 0
You people are never satisfied. If he didn't do at all too you'll complain.
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Akharmony: 11:49am On Mar 03, 2022
Those who prehaps have closre friends and relative trapped in the ongoing scenerio in ukraine will forever b grateful to this government for taking a swift necessary step. . .
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
Nobi only billion, trillion undecided
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
Miyachi:

- Zubairu Dada.

I think the estimation is fair. There are a lot of variables involved; from feeding to accommodation and they aren't all located in one vicinity.

I was referring to an earlier article on Punch Newspaper that they planned to evacuate 2k people.

If it's 5k, then that's totally okay and reasonable.

I have also modified my post, as the article here on Nairaland left out the vital details of the number of people being evacuated.

Thanks.
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Obason22(m): 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
Another bunkery don start
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by bashh12(m): 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
SmartProf:
Market don open....a large chunk of the N3.5billion will also be evacuated to the bank accounts of some officials. The money be like say dem wan use am evacuate all living things inside Ukraine.
Lol... No be lie ooo. I hate this country; embasslement much

2 Likes

Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by gistmega: 3:05pm On Mar 03, 2022
hahaha I laugh my man. You dont know muslims. from the one born and raised in mecca to Egypt to Jordan I can sacrifice my left butt that muslims celebrate birthdays. travel and see boo. you are in a tiny bubble.

One question for you, is birthday a sin or a fete?
either way you go, you incriminate your prophet.
System202:

no Muslims Celebrate Birthdays. Have uforgotten that every year a National Holiday is Giving for Muslims to Celebrate the Birth of The Holy Prophet Muhammad.

1 Like

Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by gistmega: 3:16pm On Mar 03, 2022
do they?
midoo:

Who told you that Muslim do not celebrate birthdays?
Panadol for another man's headache
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Fr33born(m): 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
Stenewiser:
some people are just so stupid to think, with the way some people thinks in this forum I wonder how you handle your common problems, first you were all bashing the federal government for not caring about it's citizens,. now the agreed to evacuate the citizens, you all think it's for their own Interests, it's true the silly one's are in nairaland, am outta here, insensible people everywhere.

Hello Mr. Sense, please before you go, I want to buy. Abeg sell 5k own for me make I dey manage for now.
And also, as the only sensible person on this forum and probably in Nigeria, please help your fellow citizens by giving them as little as you can. It will go a long way instead just getting angry and leaving.
Thank you, the SENSIBLE one

1 Like

Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Fr33born(m): 3:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
maticar:

It is still a bloated figure according to calculations on running cost and perhead

That's the argument
Don't mind Mr. sense.

1 Like

Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by ayo2pec(m): 3:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
life is much more than 3.5b dollars
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Litmus: 3:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
Due to the press and wider media , Niaralanders give the impression that every nation apart from Nigeria acted speedily to the relevant situation as it developed in Ukraine. Subsequently every nation, except Nigeria , affected pulled out their citizens . Nigeria, we are told, is acting late. Towards this end, Nigeria govt has provided figures for the cost of repatriating these stranded Nigerians in urgent need of recue - figures Niaralanders find preposterous. Well does anyone know what the cost should instead be so that the figures provided by the govt can be compared and challenged ? And, as alluded at the top of this post, since every nation affected has rescued their citizens, there should be enough information knocking about from which to draw comparative analysis.

Thank you.
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Fresh34: 3:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
Naija my country, iro por..�����
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by Litmus: 4:24pm On Mar 03, 2022
Fresh34:
Naija my country, iro por..�����

Folks here are deliberately preposterous in order to obfuscate thus maintaining a system in which anything goes
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by System202: 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2022
gistmega:
hahaha I laugh my man. You dont know muslims. from the one born and raised in mecca to Egypt to Jordan I can sacrifice my left butt that muslims celebrate birthdays. travel and see boo. you are in a tiny bubble.

One question for you, is birthday a sin or a fete?
either way you go, you incriminate your prophet.

That is what I am trying to Say, it's a mistake.

I mean

No( trying to deny what the op wrote),,,. Yes, Muslims Celebrate Birthdays.

1 Like

Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
benuejosh:
We need to appreciate this government for prioritizing the safety of its citizens both home and abroad. Yet some will say he is not doing enough. M

God bless President Muhammadu Buhari.

Ordinary Gambia here some just posted the flight as 229,000 naira. How about Russia plus other logistics
Re: Zubairu Dada: FG To Spend ₦3.5 Billion To Evacuate Nigerians In Ukraine by LucemFerre: 7:00am On Mar 04, 2022
Shiii... where is our own allocation cuz, we need to get evacuated from this sinking ship

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! / "Get Your PVCs" - Muric Tells Muslims / PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.