Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany (38197 Views)

U.S. Wins Case To Seize Russian Superyacht In Fiji. / Dwight Schar: Inside £48million Superyacht Owned By US Billionaire (Pictures) / Zelensky Urges Biden Not To Sanction Russian Oligarch, Roman Abramovich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Kelvin3476: 7:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
ednut1:
When nato and america were invading different countries who seized their citizens assets
No one can do that
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Empiree: 7:16pm On Mar 03, 2022
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Oyiboman69: 7:30pm On Mar 03, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
What the west is doing to Russians who aren't politicians is unjustified
If putin does same to a billionaire from france the media will portray him a dictator

This war has made me see an orchestrated hostility towards Russia and Russians
let him remove his army for from Ukraine.... is the situation not obvious for you to see. I do not fancy the west cos they enslaved our four fathers but I'll also condemn anything of such in this modern age and time. I don't see any reasons for the Russians evading a sovereign state. the days of slavery is over and everyone should respect each others choices of relationship, I wonder if all of you would be supporting Russia if Nigeria Is being evaded by Russia....
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Mumusaphire: 7:41pm On Mar 03, 2022
Empiree:
Is it okay to do this to Israel for bombing Palestine too?.
I don't support this war, but get d fact right. Both Palestine and Israel are fighting. But this, Russia wage war, Ukraine defending their country. Very different. Or u don't know how many bombs Palestine threw to Israel as well?
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Panda7(m): 7:54pm On Mar 03, 2022
illuminati billionaires running with an autocrat government. kiss
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by NiceMen: 7:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
onadana:
It's a ploy to heap pressure on Putin.Once those surrounding him start losing their money...I foresee a crack in his inner circle.
exactly...
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
Oyiboman69:
let him remove his army for from Ukraine.... is the situation not obvious for you to see. I do not fancy the west cos they enslaved our four fathers but I'll also condemn anything of such in this modern age and time. I don't see any reasons for the Russians evading a sovereign state. the days of slavery is over and everyone should respect each others choices of relationship, I wonder if all of you would be supporting Russia if Nigeria Is being evaded by Russia....
I've not yet seen where you have condemned US for occupying Iraq and Syria even as we speak. Still The Golan Heights in Syria remains under the occupation of Isreal yet no noise from hypocrites who are fine with that.
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
Jackanda1:
. How did he bring war against his government and people?
By chosing the part of confrontation and not taking Russian security interest into consideration
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by stanluiz(m): 8:04pm On Mar 03, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
If putin does same to a billionaire from france the media will portray him a dictator

Russia and Russians are the most hated people in Europe.

Russiophobia is very high in Europe. The hatred for unites them.

So am not surprised about the sanctions.
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 8:06pm On Mar 03, 2022
So if Nigeria invades the Bakassi peninsula in Cameroon now, and the War escalates, US, UN and AU can seize all of Dangote's assets. abroad?

Does this make sense to you?

While US destroyed Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc., killing Gadaffi like an animal, whose assets were seized among the Americans?

Seizures of the assets of Russian Billionaires is an economic warfare, it's not about Russia and Ukraine, it's about hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by HitSong: 8:27pm On Mar 03, 2022
Machinegun91:
Russia is loosing
Or deh
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by unclejb2(m): 8:51pm On Mar 03, 2022
sheanzy:
this comment resemble wetin goat fit type
well it's obvious that you lack information. The German economy is 3 times bigger than that of Russia per Capita with less than 30% land mass.

Hitler's Germany was in the process of invading Russia during WW2 until America came striking Japan with an atomic weapon.
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by chidiwar(m): 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2022
He LL soon be forced to sell arsenal stakes
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Jackanda1(m): 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
By chosing the part of confrontation and not taking Russian security interest into consideration
Russia annex crimea, arm seperatist in Donbas and now invading Ukraine. He never joined NATO, So how did zelenskyy confront Russia?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Prosperous111(m): 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
Dawn91:
[s][/s]

Only comment if you can construct good sentences

Nah oversabi dey worry you. Mr lectural grin

If you get work you no go dey monitor wetin person dey construct grin no be only Swalohim dey smoke weed oh
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by BIEBER45: 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
NOETHNICITY:

People are blind to the truth embarassed
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Henon: 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2022
ecolime:
Russian Oligarchs are just like Nigerian Politicans. Most of their investments are in Western countries even though they make their money in Russian (mostly unclean though).

I wonder why people will make money from their country of birth and then use it to develop the economies of other advanced countries.

You will hardly see Americans, Britons or Canadians buy up properties outside their countries. They can work as expatriates in a country for 50 years but will never own a personal house not even a car there. This I believe is true patriotism.

Serves them right. I wish UAE could do likewise to Nigerian Politicians. Some people go cry fire ehn..
You can't be oligarch and remain a local champion. Their monies run in billions of dollar that's why they can invest far and wide.
Take Dangote for example, he's invested in many African countrie. Money sees no boundary.
Even the Americans you posited are not left out. They own bizs outside the shores of US.

1 Like

Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by darediamond(m): 10:13pm On Mar 03, 2022
Frankiss44:

If any country is going to nuke anywhere first, it will still be America again.. Those guys don threaten before acting... Person when ready to use nuke go dey boast like Putin and Kim cheesy
Ok.
But ur America did not dare Putin in Syria when He was invited.

Now that he was not invited in Ukrain what did Britain and America resort to?

Sanctions up Sanctions.

Do you understand what that means at all?
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by vislabraye(m): 10:21pm On Mar 03, 2022
jimoholuyemi3:
There is a Russian in Arsenal abeg make them bring am down too
Make arsenal move forward

He's not the problem of Arsenal. It's the American, Kroenker.
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Frankiss44(m): 10:26pm On Mar 03, 2022
darediamond:

Ok.
But ur America did not dare Putin in Syria when He was invited.

Now that he was not invited in Ukrain what did Britain and America resort to?

Sanctions up Sanctions.

Do you understand what that means at all?

My America?? Dude I nor belong there oh.. I just dey tell u as e dey play out oh...
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Dawn91(m): 10:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
[s]
Prosperous111:

Nah oversabi dey worry you. Mr lectural grin

If you get work you no go dey monitor wetin person dey construct grin no be only Swalohim dey smoke weed oh
[/s]

Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by grandstar(m): 10:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
The funny thing is that many of these Oligarchs are actually seething with Putin as many of his ill-advised actions adversely affect their commercial interests. Why the West will go after the Oligarchs is also strange.

The Oligarchs like any fat crooks would want to legitimize their business and I am sure many of them have done that. I suspect the prime reason the West is going after them is to prevent them from financing the Kremlin with their massive haul of cash. The Oligarchs made their massive fortune by buying up Russian private companies for dirt cheap in 1996 in exchange for financing Boris Yeltsin's re-election.

Yeltsin chose Vladimir Putin over the reformist Federov because he would protect the Oligarchs illegitimately acquired wealth.
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Oyiboman69: 10:53pm On Mar 03, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
I've not yet seen where you have condemned US for occupying Iraq and Syria even as we speak. Still The Golan Heights in Syria remains under the occupation of Isreal yet no noise from hypocrites who are fine with that.
it is obvious you're saying this not because of your love for Russia but your hatred for America. What the stronger countries are doing is all wrong in all ramifications and should be condemned in it's entirety....
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by goodheart01: 11:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
I
Frankiss44:

If any country is going to nuke anywhere first, it will still be America again.. Those guys don threaten before acting... Person when ready to use nuke go dey boast like Putin and Kim cheesy

Exactly. Something tells me the US is even looking for an opportunity to nuke again and Putin is here flexing muscle like a chicken

1 Like

Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by goodheart01: 11:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
Basheer22:

Your tears are not salty enough, cry harder.
Putin will learn a bitter lesson that military force is not up to a tenth of ways to win a war.

Putin will be deposed by a coup within his circle. Mark this post.

Putin is vicious but not smart. Typical traits of a dictator. The US is the most cunning country and that has kept that in number one position
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by goodheart01: 11:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
Iliya1520:
when America and NATO had invaded many countries who seized their citizens properties?

That’s what it means to be a world power. A true world power should be able to influence world politics, policies and global economy not just military. The US is the world’s only true super power
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by goodheart01: 11:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
NeoWanZaeed:

You get sense.

This will make Russia force herself to become a self sustaining country. I hope other countries also follow suit

It won’t work, not for a country like Russia with their stiff economic system. That’s where China beat them to it. China is also a communist nation but also a pseudo capitalist and that’s why they’re doing fine
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Empiree: 2:02am On Mar 04, 2022
Mumusaphire:
I don't support this war, but get d fact right. Both Palestine and Israel are fighting. But this, Russia wage war, Ukraine defending their country. Very different. Or u don't know how many bombs Palestine threw to Israel as well?
bye... hypocrite. Omo ale
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Mumusaphire: 3:31am On Mar 04, 2022
Empiree:
bye... hypocrite. Omo ale
so u must abuse because of irrelevant things, or because we enlightened ourselves. U are d real omo ale. Omo irankiran. Bi iya e se man bu baba e niyen to ba ti correct e. Ewure.
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Empiree: 3:41am On Mar 04, 2022
Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Empiree: 3:42am On Mar 04, 2022
Mumusaphire:
so u must abuse because of irrelevant things, or because we enlightened ourselves. U are d real omo ale. Omo irankiran. Bi iya e se man bu baba e niyen to ba ti correct e. Ewure.
Nigerian Christians and hypocrisy. Eyin omo ale jatijati. Now, the people that you crazy ones in Africa support don't recognize you as Christians. They said "Christians are White". We all heard the woman loud and clear.

"Christians are White" shows that Black Christians are wasting their time depending on White for validation. If not, why is it so difficult for you people to recognize clear hypocrisy?. I wish Nigerian govt can do patriotism test for all Christians in Nigeria. You guys have allegiance to Christian foreign countries. That's treason.

Re: Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany by Empiree: 4:08am On Mar 04, 2022
Mumusaphire:
https://www.facebook.com/1521580914779280/posts/3117888008481888/?app=fbl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gaza Baptist Hospital Blast From Palestine Rockets, Not Ours - Israel Military / Germany Finally Approves Heavy Weapons For Ukraine / Niamey coup: Niger's President, Interior Minister detained - Sources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.