Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK (627 Views)

Russian Invasion Convoy Ambushed In Ukraine (Video) / US Warns Ukraine There Will Be A Full Scale Russian Invasion ( Pics) / In Pictures: Ukraine On Edge Amid Fears Of A Russian Invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by Firstcitizen: 11:00am On Mar 03, 2022
Wishful thinking has the upper hand in the battle to shape Western perceptions of the war in Ukraine.

Sympathy for the outnumbered and outgunned defenders of Kyiv has led to the exaggeration of Russian setbacks, misunderstanding of Russian strategy, and even baseless claims from amateur psychoanalysts that Putin has lost his mind.

A more sober analysis shows that Russia may have sought a knockout blow, but always had well-laid plans for follow-on assaults if its initial moves proved insufficient.

The world has underestimated Putin before and those mistakes have led, in part, to this tragedy in Ukraine.
We must be clear-eyed now that the war is underway.

Yet even the professionals at the Pentagon are letting sympathy cloud their judgement.
Just two days into Russia's invasion of Ukraine, U.S. Department of Defense briefers were quick to claim that failing to take Kyiv in the opening days of the war amounted to a serious setback.

DoD briefers implied that Russia's offensive was well behind schedule or had even failed because the capital had not fallen. But U.S. leaders should have learned to restrain their hopes after their catastrophic withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Once again, U.S. and Western officials are falling into the trap of failing to understand the enemy and his objectives.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10569141/Putin-NOT-crazy-Russian-invasion-NOT-failing-writes-military-analyst-BILL-ROGGIO.html

1 Like

Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by gaby(m): 11:03am On Mar 03, 2022
Tell that to our Nairaland and Nigerian arm-chair war analysts reporting from the queue at the various gas stations in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by Bestiee01(f): 11:08am On Mar 03, 2022
It's not the Russia that I know.if they wanted to win this,they would have,a long time ago.i think they is a conspiracy by both the West and Russia to elongate this war

Hadley Chase available

1 Like

Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by bigpriik: 11:11am On Mar 03, 2022
Bestiee01:
It's not the Russia that I know.if they wanted to win this,they would have,a long time ago.i think they is a conspiracy by both the West and Russia to elongate this war

Hadley Chase available

I heard they are making billions from war.
Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by seunny4lif(m): 11:35am On Mar 03, 2022
People want Russia to carpet bomb Ukraine just like NATO did in Libya, Iraq and Vietnam.
Russia don’t want total destruction of Ukraine and it’s costing Russia troops their lives.
Syria, Georgia and Chechen 2 showed how Russia military can be crazy

4 Likes

Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by tonididdy(m): 12:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
seunny4lif:
People want Russia to carpet bomb Ukraine just like NATO did in Libya, Iraq and Vietnam.
Russia don’t want total destruction of Ukraine and it’s costing Russia troops their lives.
Syria, Georgia and Chechen 2 showed how Russia military can be crazy
Putin is being way too emotional about this ear.
The world is seeing a different, loving side of him compared to the tyrant he's always labelled for.
Otherwise I still maintain my stand, this war is below Putin's standard.
He surely has a soft spot for the Ukrainians.

3 Likes

Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by seunny4lif(m): 1:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
tonididdy:

Putin is being way too emotional about this ear.
The world is seeing a different, loving side of him compared to the tyrant he's always labelled for.
Otherwise I still maintain my stand, this war is below Putin's standard.
He surely has a soft spot for the Ukrainians.
He need to carpet bomb them now
It’s bad I know but it’s no turning back now
Russia already get bad country news and all the sanctions.
Just do it simple

1 Like

Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by tonididdy(m): 1:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
seunny4lif:

Just do it simple
Omoh that one ehn shocked
He should just speeden this whole thing it's becoming stale.

1 Like

Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by rottennaija(m): 2:26pm On Mar 03, 2022
They will call him Putin stooge

1 Like

Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by mysticwarrior(m): 3:15pm On Mar 03, 2022
Bestiee01:

Hadley Chase available
I respect women who are knowledgeable in the area of international relations and diplomacy.
Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by mysticwarrior(m): 3:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
seunny4lif:

Just do it simple
imagine the Russians using multiple rocket lunchers to rain missiles on Kiev, and their air force dropping tones of bombs at the same time. the obliteration bombing would be too much for the Ukrainians.

1 Like

Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by aribisala0(m): 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
The West have betrayed Ukraine.
If they love Ukraine they should advise the government to surrender or escape.
There will only be one military outcome
The only question is how many lives will be lost and how much destruction will be wreaked.

The West should never have encouraged Ukraine knowing that they are not prepared to put their own soldiers lives on the line

Putin is not mad. He has drawn a redline and the West dismissed it.

Democracy s a good thing but it also has a weakness during times of war . Decision making is slow and inefficient
Europeans are good at wars which are 1000 miles away.When it is in Europe on their doorstep their calculus will change
Just 1 week and we are talking 1 million refugees . After few months when millions more start to arrive we will see what happens
The sanctions will affect their own economies and well being too .
Macron is facing election and Boris Johnson has his own troubles so this is an opportunity to divert attention
In reality they cannot do anything and the idea that they will sanction Russia for 10 years is just fantasy. Putin has outlived Clinton, George W Bush, Obama and Trump even Merkel.
When he finishes with Ukraine the Baltic states are next and they too will be betrayed.

One interesting thing is Turkey cannot be trusted by NATO and if a World War breaks out they cannot be trusted by NATO#

It is only when war breaks out that we will know who will side with who but NATO will not commit to holding territory in Easter Europe

2 Likes

Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by seunny4lif(m): 3:41pm On Mar 03, 2022
mysticwarrior:
imagine the Russians using multiple rocket lunchers to rain missiles on Kiev, and their air force dropping tones of bombs at the same time. the obliteration bombing would be too much for the Ukrainians.
I swear
Thats how USA and NATO bombed Libya for days no stop
Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by seunny4lif(m): 3:43pm On Mar 03, 2022
tonididdy:

Omoh that one ehn shocked
He should just speeden this whole thing it's becoming stale.
I swear
He don't want to bomb Ukraine and its making the Ukraine president to make mouth
Even the USA and NATO have said same thing, Russia don't want to destroy Ukraine but to make it submit

1 Like

Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by seunny4lif(m): 3:48pm On Mar 03, 2022
I have said it many times
Russians will support Putin or any of their leader that will stand up to West
The Russians have survived 4 wars within the last 100 years.
Questions, I always asked people is can USA risk NY, DC and CA for any Baltic state because the British and the French empires were ruling in post WW1 but they all left Poland to Germany and USSR.
The British ran back to UK using English channel when the Germany were coming

aribisala0:
The West have betrayed Ukraine.
If they love Ukraine they should advise the government to surrender or escape.
There will only be one military outcome
The only question is how many lives will be lost and how much destruction will be wreaked.

The West should never have encouraged Ukraine knowing that they are not prepared to put their own soldiers lives on the line

Putin is not mad. He has drawn a redline and the West dismissed it.

Democracy s a good thing but it also has a weakness during times of war . Decision making is slow and inefficient
Europeans are good at wars which are 1000 miles away.When it is in Europe on their doorstep their calculus will change
Just 1 week and we are talking 1 million refugees . After few months when millions more start to arrive we will see what happens
The sanctions will affect their own economies and well being too .
Macron is facing election and Boris Johnson has his own troubles so this is an opportunity to divert attention
In reality they cannot do anything and the idea that they will sanction Russia for 10 years is just fantasy. Putin has outlived Clinton, George W Bush, Obama and Trump even Merkel.
When he finishes with Ukraine the Baltic states are next and they too will be betrayed.

One interesting thing is Turkey cannot be trusted by NATO and if a World War breaks out they cannot be trusted by NATO#

It is only when war breaks out that we will know who will side with who but NATO will not commit to holding territory in Easter Europe

2 Likes

Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by ObamaMessi: 3:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
gaby:
Tell that to our Nairaland and Nigerian arm-chair war analysts reporting from the queue at the various gas stations in Nigeria.
Assuming the story was in favour of the West it would have been a propaganda.How are you sure that this is not a propaganda?
Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by gaby(m): 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2022
ObamaMessi:
Assuming the story was in favour of the West it would have been a propaganda.How are you sure that this is not a propaganda?

Okay...

It is propaganda.

Any further questions or comments?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by ObamaMessi: 4:06pm On Mar 03, 2022
Bestiee01:

Hadley Chase available
How did u know russia? what do u know them for? U know russia, did u know ukraine? Stop deceiving urself.And there's no conspiracy btwn the west and russia.impossible.
Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by ObamaMessi: 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2022
gaby:

Okay...

It is propaganda.

Any further questions or comments?
I'm not saying this is a propaganda neither do I say u shud term it so.My point is why is it that any news that favours the west u guys call it a propaganda and the one that favours russia u guys believe it to be legitimate? Just give it a deep thought and u'll understand.
Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by gaby(m): 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2022
ObamaMessi:
I'm not saying this is a propaganda neither do I say u shud term it so.My point is why is it that any news that favours the west u guys call it a propaganda and the one that favours russia u guys believe it to be legitimate? Just give it a deep thought and I'll understand.

Im sorry. My name isn't "You guys".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by Oysters(m): 5:01pm On Mar 03, 2022

Re: The West Is Deluded-The Russian Invasion Not Failing- Dailymail UK by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
Russia sympathizers have a field day, while Russian soldiers are in disarray in ukraine.

(1) (Reply)

Why Has The Sanctions Not Stop Russia / International Law Is A Meaningless Concept When It Only Applies To US Enemies / This Is Why Russia Targeted The Retroville Shopping Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.