Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,960 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Studying In Australia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Australia (1710 Views)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Studying In Australia / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Studying In Australia by opensource(m): 9:09pm On Aug 02, 2007
Hello naija landers , I have gotten admission in a school in australia and would like to know if any one has got idea about visa processing requirement and some other things that can help burst my visa application to guarantee me success. Also i will like to know the steps and procedure in applying and life in general in australia

Looking to get good response
Re: Studying In Australia by francesann: 7:33am On Aug 03, 2007
smileyhello,congrats please i am interested in studying in australia to,how did you go about it?i will really appreciate hearing from you.
Re: Studying In Australia by dejia(m): 3:00pm On Aug 03, 2007
Hi guys,
Congratutions!,
You will have to write IELTS exam go to British Council to get more info, is it for Under grad or Post grad?
I wont like to discourage you, but they hardly, give Nigerians study visa to AUS. i can almost tell u they DONT.
i applied twice and was denied for no reason, those guys are racist, if u have a family there u have 50% chance of getting it.
I wont want to discourage u or conclude, but Pray Hard, maybe it wasnt God wish for me to go, but i tell u those guys are crazy, there application procedure is long and expensive,

I applied in Nigeria 2001 and in SA in 2003. we were 6 who applied from Nigeria then, None of us was given, infact one of us was to go for his Ph.d and has even visited AUS before, he was still denied, those guys?!!!>,
I dont want to totally discourage you, but pls.dont put all ur eggs in AUS basket.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Australia by opensource(m): 10:24pm On Aug 03, 2007
My God

thanks for the contribution dejia.

but here is few more thinsg you should know

I am making a deposit of about $3000 AUS for tuition and I am paying about $2000 for accomodation and 2 times meal plan offered by the institutiion.

When am applying , I am going with authentic information all documents from my sponsor will be ok include a bank statement of about 1- 2 million in it then all my school transcript is ok and many other adiditional things I will include to boast my application.

Based on what i have listed above can you please give you opinion on it, I seriously dont want to fail when i apply because once i miss that chance its just about wasting 2008 because i need to start again processing new school and getting refund and shit like that , Thats why i completely backed out of the UK because even with 2500 pounds deposit and real documents i was refused a VISA

so please fellow naijalanders add your opinion
Re: Studying In Australia by opensource(m): 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2007
Beside what is the duration for visa processing and how much does it cost and where do they have there embasy
Re: Studying In Australia by dejia(m): 10:59am On Aug 05, 2007
I am not going to discourage you. but i will advice you have a back up plans.
when i applied i went with a bank statement 5times more than what the school required.
all my document were genuine as well. i did radio test,HIV test this that, still i was refused
i think u should look for some1 who was given visa and ask what he or she submitted.
THe processing takes time. cos ur passport will be sent to SA , which might take 10weeks.
check there website:www.dima.gov.au for more details.
Do u have a family in AUS?Are u applyin for underg or Postg?
Re: Studying In Australia by opensource(m): 12:43pm On Aug 05, 2007
I am an Alien no family no friend

Just going for a diploma programme 1 yr course

already got teh admision , waitin to make payment so i get the CoE just wanted some ideas

any ones else tried australia
Re: Studying In Australia by justhustle: 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2011
HELLO ALL

just wanted to find out if its possible to convert to a resident visa or a student visa when one comes in on the special 416 visa category.

would really appreciate your response.

thanks

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery / Work Opportunities In South Africa / Nairalander Photo-journalist Holiday In Ivory Coast (Abidjan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.