Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery (1709 Views)

Visa Lottery Winner, Other Arrested Over Scam Marriage / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! / Final Interview For 2008 Dv Visa Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by wishlolia(f): 10:00pm On Nov 26, 2010
My younger brother received a text message with this word:
"You have won the US visa lottery to live and work in the United States. Call 261200210021 to apply. Offer valid for 10 days"
Can somebody advise if this is how it is done, he's already celebrating with the entire family. Please advise a.s.a.p.
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by fstranger: 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2010
Congratulobia!
Yes, this how they win it; you win first, then you apply
DV lottery is like real life; in life, you are graded before you are taught. With DV lottery, you win before you apply.
Congratulations! God has miraculously, out of nowhere, answered your prayer.
Now, it is time to apply and pay some money

Anyway, on behalf of all gullible people, I welcome you to America, the one bodering Togo, Chad, and Cameroon.
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by justwise(m): 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2010
wishlolia:

"You have won the US visa lottery to live and work in the United States. Call 261200210021 to apply. Offer valid for 10 days"
Can somebody advise if this is how it is done, he's already celebrating with the entire family. Please advise a.s.a.p.

Big Scam!!! Tell ur younger brother to stop celebrating.
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2010
Ma Lor Na ge re , no go gock ur sef oo grin grin

Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by denzel2009: 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2010
Did your brother apply by text? Tell him not to bother to call the number cos he has won nowt!
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by Vicjustice: 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2010
I also think it's not genuine, but can someone let her know why you think it's fake and how the real thing is done also what she should expect from the person that sent the text?
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by justwise(m): 11:03pm On Nov 26, 2010
Vicjustice:

I also think it's not genuine, but can someone let her know why you think it's fake and how the real thing is done also what she should expect from the person that sent the text?

Visa lottery result is not out now, and. . . how can they ask her brother to call a number to apply after informing him that he had won? Telling him that the OFFER valid for 10days? Is that number USA number? I mean, every sign of scam is writen all over the message. if somebody wins, the person gets an official letter and not txt msg.
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by Davedavy: 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2010
wishlolia:

Scam scam scam!!! beware this is  nothing but a scam.If you are selected,The Department of State will notify you by letter and not by text message,You may also check the status of your DV-2012 Lottery entry on or after May 1, 2011 at http://www.dvlottery.state.gov.
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by wishlolia(f): 9:14pm On Nov 28, 2010
fstranger, justwise, bandiejay, denzel2009, Vicjustice, Davedavy; thank you all for your comments, as a matter of fact, you have saved us the premature celebration, i read your comments earlier than now, but was too busy to reply because, i had to telephone them to stop the undue celebration. it was a heart-breaking sad news for our over joyous mother who almost went mad at the news of her son migrating to the usa. my brother eventually called the number and it was on automaton, the premium number was very expensive, in fact it consumed a 1500 Naira MTN credit in less than 2 minutes. i am beginning to wonder if that is how the scammers make their money or there are other ways that they intend to suck money out of my innocent brother.
my brother told me that when he called the number, the machine stated
"welcome to the usa visa lottery section, please note that calls are recorded for quality purpose. if you have received a text message regarding your winning the visa lottery, please be advised that have limited time to apply for the visa which will be issued to you to live and work in the usa. and to apply for this visa, you will need to pay the sum of $2.000. . .bla bla bla. . .".
and his 1.500 naira credit was gone
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by justwise(m): 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2010
wishlolia:
fstranger, justwise, bandiejay, denzel2009, Vicjustice, Davedavy; thank you all for your comments, as a matter of fact, you have saved us the premature celebration, i read your comments earlier than now, but was too busy to reply because, i had to telephone them to stop the undue celebration. it was a heart-breaking sad news for our over joyous mother who almost went mad at the news of her son migrating to the usa. my brother eventually called the number and it was on automaton, the premium number was very expensive, in fact it consumed a 1500 Naira MTN credit in less than 2 minutes. i am beginning to wonder if that is how the scammers make their money or there are other ways that they intend to suck money out of my innocent brother.my brother told me that when he called the number, the machine stated "welcome to the usa visa lottery section, please note that calls are recorded for quality purpose. if you have received a text message regarding your winning the visa lottery, please be advised that have limited time to apply for the visa which will be issued to you to live and work in the usa. and to apply for this visa, you will need to pay the sum of $2.000. . .bla bla bla. . .". and his 1.500 naira credit was gone
Sadly that is one of the ways they make their money, is an organised crime, and alot of pple have lost bigger money on that, ur brother is lucky that it was only 1500 naira. He should thank you for saving him and the rest of the family even more pain.
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by tpia5: 11:39pm On Nov 28, 2010
it was a heart-breaking sad news for our over joyous mother who almost went mad at the news of her son migrating to the usa

God will help us. undecided
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by fstranger: 11:41pm On Nov 28, 2010
^^^
Please leave GOD out of this
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by Vicjustice: 11:50pm On Nov 28, 2010
tpia@:

"it was a heart-breaking sad news for our over joyous mother who almost went mad at the news of her son migrating to the usa"
God will help us. undecided
   Hypocrite! So, of all the reasonable things the poster made and the reasonable comments  that were contributed, the only thing you can pick out it this? Are you trying to disdain the poster by this? And like fsstranger advised, leave God out of this.
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by tpia5: 11:52pm On Nov 28, 2010
vicjustice shut up before you get shut up.
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by chelseabmw(m): 12:23am On Nov 29, 2010
Cheap Scam
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by Vicjustice: 1:09am On Nov 29, 2010
tpia@:

vicjustice shut up before you get shut up.
By your nonentity?
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by tpia5: 1:40am On Nov 29, 2010
yes.
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by fstranger: 1:43am On Nov 29, 2010
^^^
Yes?
Does that mean that you are a nonentity?

Who knew?
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by tpia5: 1:57am On Nov 29, 2010
@ topic

God will help us!!!

any demon who objects to that statement, too bad.
Re: Can Someone Advise If This Is How To Win A Dv Visa Lottery by fstranger: 2:03am On Nov 29, 2010
^^^

Please Leave God and demon out of this
Nonentity or not?
Very simple question

(1) (Reply)

Travel To Dubai For Business / Help! Where Can I Board A Bus Going To Yola From Lagos / Can My Children Put On Their School Uniform To The US Embassy Interview?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.