Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

How Do You Cook Your Fio Fio(pigeon Peas)? See How I Cook Mine - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do You Cook Your Fio Fio(pigeon Peas)? See How I Cook Mine (3980 Views)

Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) / What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) / How I Cook Special Ogbono Soup That Make People Bite Their Fingers (pic & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cook Your Fio Fio(pigeon Peas)? See How I Cook Mine by Favour315(f): 3:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
Hello fam, Pigeon peas called fio fio or agbugbu is one food in the eastern part of Nigeria ( Don't know if other parts eat it) that is prepared once in a blue moon due to its difficulty in softening. It is delicious and appetizing when cooked very well.
The seeds are too hard and takes time to soften ( thrice the time it takes beans to be done), because of this, people device different ways of getting it soften quickly like adding potash, spoons and nails when cooking. All these are just assumptions ( I personally don't know if it works).
But there is a way you can cook your pigeon peas and get it soften in not more than 45 minutes without putting any of the above items.

In this video below,
I shared how you can cook your fio fio quickly and also yam and fio fio recipe which is the common recipe of preparing fio fio.
And please subscribe to my channel for food recipes and DIY'S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNb9cpXvNWI
Re: How Do You Cook Your Fio Fio(pigeon Peas)? See How I Cook Mine by Favour315(f): 3:42pm On Mar 03, 2022
The ingredients.
Yam and fio fio doesn't require much ingredients

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cook Your Fio Fio(pigeon Peas)? See How I Cook Mine by ItsGoodToBeGood: 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2022
Wow,
I don't joke with fio fio.

Awesome meal when prepared by who sabi

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cook Your Fio Fio(pigeon Peas)? See How I Cook Mine by Favour315(f): 4:26pm On Mar 03, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:
Wow,

I don't joke with fio fio.

Awesome meal when prepared by who sabi

Exactly, it needs to be carefully prepared by professional if you want to enjoy it
Re: How Do You Cook Your Fio Fio(pigeon Peas)? See How I Cook Mine by Favour315(f): 10:38am On Mar 08, 2022
Yam and fio fio is a very delicious meal when prepared with the right recipe
Re: How Do You Cook Your Fio Fio(pigeon Peas)? See How I Cook Mine by Favour315(f): 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2022
Fio fio and yam recipe
Re: How Do You Cook Your Fio Fio(pigeon Peas)? See How I Cook Mine by Favour315(f): 6:35am On Mar 20, 2022
Happy Sunday comrades
Re: How Do You Cook Your Fio Fio(pigeon Peas)? See How I Cook Mine by Favour315(f): 8:07am On Mar 25, 2022
Yam and fio fio no get enemy
Re: How Do You Cook Your Fio Fio(pigeon Peas)? See How I Cook Mine by Ekejoestar(m): 4:52pm On Mar 25, 2022
Inukwa, nne jisie Ike, u have given me an idea of what to cook this night

@favour315
Re: How Do You Cook Your Fio Fio(pigeon Peas)? See How I Cook Mine by Favour315(f): 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ekejoestar:
Inukwa, nne jisie Ike, u have given me an idea of what to cook this night

@favour315

Thanks a lot dear
Re: How Do You Cook Your Fio Fio(pigeon Peas)? See How I Cook Mine by 123papas(m): 7:51am On Mar 26, 2022
Pressure cooker will deal with the beans
Re: How Do You Cook Your Fio Fio(pigeon Peas)? See How I Cook Mine by Favour315(f): 8:06am On Mar 26, 2022
123papas:
Pressure cooker will deal with the beans

Walahi

But this method is for those that don't have pressure cooker

(1) (Reply)

Can You Eat This Delicacy? (picture) / See This Wonderful Pot Of Spaghetti Cake With Meatballs And Green Peas. Photo / Premium Long Grain Parboiled Rice Available At Auction Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.