Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,166 members, 7,811,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) (27428 Views)

What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) / What Did You Cook Today? / How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 7:37pm On Feb 09
I watched a food blogger fry her eggs with unrefined Shea butter, and it looked really nice and golden, then I thought to myself this actually isn't such a bad idea, after all Shea butter is gotten from Shea nuts, rich in nutrients, and is bound to be healthy, since it melts at body temperature. Hmm! 🤔

I dare say it can even give butter (animal fat) a run for its money. 😌
Shea butter should even be considered edible first, before any other use.

If I could get freshly made food grade Shea butter, I'd be very willing to try it.

Can you cook your meals with Shea butter?
Would you be willing to eat a meal cooked with Shea butter?

Pictures' source: Google.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by VeryWickedMan: 7:47pm On Feb 09
I will test it on my preeq first.

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by leadinggists(m): 8:32pm On Feb 09
Wtf

5 Likes

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by ojun50(m): 8:59pm On Feb 09
VeryWickedMan:
Yr preeq go catch fire

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 9:32pm On Feb 09
leadinggists:
Wtf

Wtf what?

Do you know coconut oil (adi agbon) was once known (and used mainly) as skin oil before people (Nigerians) started using it as cooking oil? Premium oil sef.

I bet you'd so enjoy food cooked with Shea butter, you wouldn't even notice.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Premiumbuy(m): 9:49pm On Feb 09
Premium Be Unto You

To be honest it really looks weird for me, well they say seeing is believing, may be when I see where it's been used.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Treasure17(m): 11:07am On Feb 10
A dreaded sacrifice. Nah.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 12:53pm On Feb 10
Treasure17:
A dreaded sacrifice. Nah.

It might not be as you imagine it. cheesy
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by BBIA: 12:58pm On Feb 10
mariahAngel:
I watched a food blogger fry her eggs with unrefined Shea butter, and it looked really nice and golden, then I thought to myself this actually isn't such a bad idea, after all Shea butter is gotten from Shea nuts, rich in nutrients, and is bound to be healthy, since it melts at body temperature. Hmm! 🤔

If I could get freshly made food grade Shea butter, I'd be very willing to try it.

Crude Shea butter is very expensive.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by BBIA: 1:00pm On Feb 10
VeryWickedMan:
Shea butter is better than Vaseline on the preeq cool

8 Likes

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by We4all: 8:06pm On Feb 11
Shea butter reminds me of solidified animal fat which some people use for frying but it doesn't taste nice.

I had never really thought about using shea butter for frying because I didn't even think it was edible. Now that I know it is, it can't be a first choice because it wouldn't taste so nice plus it is very expensive now.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by EreluRoz: 8:14pm On Feb 11
I don't think it'll smell nice.

Nne you and food ehn.

Okwulu okarisia Nneoma

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Botragelad: 11:00pm On Feb 11
mariahAngel:

Sure, it is healthy and nutritious, and it might even be better than butter or oil in some cases.

Well, before you get too excited, it has this strong and distinctive taste and smell, which might not go well with some dishes or ingredients. You might want to experiment with different recipes and see what works best for you.

Of course, you can cook your meals with shea butter, and yes, I would be willing to eat a meal cooked with shea butter, as long as it is food grade raw shea butter and it matches the flavour of the dish. But, I wouldn't use it for everything, you know might overpower some foods or clash with some spices.

18 Likes

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by RepoMan007: 8:04am On Feb 12
Half bread they say is better than none. Who wouldn't in this economy.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by AngelicBeing: 4:40pm On Feb 27
Nice 👍wink

1 Like

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by free2ryhme: 4:40pm On Feb 27
mariahAngel:

Do your own drop video evidence
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by money121(m): 4:41pm On Feb 27
Ok
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by ImoleNaija: 4:41pm On Feb 27
I watched a food blogger fry her eggs with unrefined Shea butter

Did the food blogger eat what she made in the video?

4 Likes

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by free2ryhme: 4:41pm On Feb 27
mariahAngel:

Things dey occur

3 Likes

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by ndubuogaranya: 4:41pm On Feb 27
wink
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by inoki247: 4:41pm On Feb 27
Lol with the smell wey shea butter dey bring I no fit even near the food..

The other day I saw someone using it to fry Plantain I was like ehn ehn are u trying to save cost bkuz this thing cost pass Vegetable oil abi dem tell u say na Wetin go give u long life.....

2 Likes

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by JayPeeOham: 4:41pm On Feb 27
mariahAngel:

The smell from ordinary shea butter sef is enough to make me puke talk more of cooking with it, na suicide be that one ooh!

Thank God for Jimpo Ori for coming through with the perfumed Ori with a fine smell that can comfortably pass for air freshener 😀

4 Likes

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Hassanmaye(m): 4:41pm On Feb 27
mariahAngel:

Wtf how is that possible
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by atobs4real(m): 4:42pm On Feb 27
How much do they sell it?
Just want to know before.....
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 4:42pm On Feb 27
Interesting... That would be some really expensive cooking oil! tongue

Personally, I won't try it. Nope... Leave me with my good old Ororo! cool

1 Like

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by free2ryhme: 4:42pm On Feb 27
VeryWickedMan:

Another mentality deranged fellow

4 Likes

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by marlow1962(m): 4:43pm On Feb 27
Una don find alternative for butter, una no get chill o lol
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by tfelicityk(m): 4:43pm On Feb 27
Are you sure it is not butter or margarine?
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Duelee: 4:43pm On Feb 27
For science I would but to replace groundnut as my main oil for the kitchen, then health researchers has to prove that it's pretty more beneficial than groundnut and way more cheaper.
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Emeka71(m): 4:44pm On Feb 27
VeryWickedMan:
Of course.
Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by LeeSmart: 4:44pm On Feb 27
Wanted to impress wifey with my cooking skills, used shea butter to make jellof rice. Long story short, wifey spent 2days in the hospital since then nothing dey carry me near kitchen.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) by Conner44: 4:45pm On Feb 27
That is how cancer starts growing in the body undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edikaikong - The King Of Nigerian Soups / How To Make Goat Meat Stew / 4 Delicious Soups To Relish When In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.