Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call (13737 Views)

Final Year Accounting Students Write Exams At Night With Car Headlight / Social Distancing Observed As WAEC Students Write Exams Today (Photo, Video) / 2 Students Write Exams In Wedding Gowns In Benue State University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by JosephXavier: 6:37pm On Mar 03, 2022
R
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by jonandez: 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
A very annoying thing..
Every single day.. u sign roll call.. if u miss one of the days your class for the next week would not count ..
People fail before writing exams because you dont know if u would write the exams although u went to the class..
A very frustrating sumtin indeed
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by IPIGSRHYPO: 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
Forcefull religious indoctrination, na by force to go to chapel?
What has that got to do with education?
I went to a private Jesuit University in the US, I never stepped one foot inside any of their religious places on campus and they never asked any of the students to attend any religious events.
You can attend any religious event if you wish but you are not required to attend any.
Africans and religious mental slavery.
Rubbish glorified church high school called university.
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2022
MITCHELL96:

Good piece of advice, but Endurance/Patience Is So Painful sad

What's more painful than getting extra years due to ASUU

Since 2019, I'm still in 200 level o , I didn't repeat anything, just ASUU
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by AngelicBeing: 6:41pm On Mar 03, 2022
InaNla:
That is the school rules. If you cannot abide, please leave. Period!

I have 3 children in the school, it was very challenging at the beginning thou.
Gbamsulotely , next news jare smiley
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by Techm8: 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2022
Someone needs to sue them before they learn.
Getting a solid high quality headset doesn't have to be expensive. Oraimo x boomplay professionally tuned headset is dope.and affordable

Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by fabulousSAINT(m): 6:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
ImoleNaija:
All these higher secondary schools sef.

I no go allow my children have same experience. May God help me.
That's why it's mandatory to go there....
When you are in Rome you behave like a Roman
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by Mandesz(m): 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2022
excomarow:
FTC for the 5th time on Nairaland since 2016...

All this private universities acting like Secondary school...
Sense!!? Hausa will say ba'bu
They were made to sign oat b4 got admitted.
Moreove, if acting like secondary school is what will move Nigeria universities 4wd, good 2 go.
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by snoopz: 6:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
When you dey apply, you no read the secondary University guide book?

1 Like

Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by Westernequinox: 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
Great school, memories there in omu aran are quite wonderful, it is an awesome place.
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by Mandesz(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2022
thoollz:
See why a school isn't allowing their students to write exams, over religious pricks!!! With everything sef not a single research can be traced to them. Religion Religion Religion!!! Yet not a single technological breakthrough in the entire country and worse still the country is on a serious decline.

An oil producing country having issues with fuel, people having the same lifespan as a mosquito, there's barely 4hrs electricity, no jobs yet what concerns them is going to church. Nonsense.
Frustration no go kill u
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by HarunaWest(m): 7:06pm On Mar 03, 2022
InaNla:

I dont comprehend you. So cos you have accepted defeat, everyone else should throw in the towel and accept their fate? How can a student be prevented from writing examinations due to missing church service or roll call?
Its a University not a seminary. Even seminaries give exemptions. I will personally contact NUC to look into this kowai.
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by jibbish(m): 7:08pm On Mar 03, 2022
HarunaWest:
I dont comprehend you. So cos you have accepted defeat, everyone else should throw in the towel and accept their fate? How can a student be prevented from writing examinations due to missing church service or roll call?
Its a University not a seminary. Even seminaries give exemptions. I will personally contact NUC to look into this kowai.
Are you being forced to attend the school?
Did you read their policies before signing up?

Deal with your school administration and don't bother coming here to disturb public space
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by legba1(m): 7:22pm On Mar 03, 2022
I can see folks who were severely dealt with by ASUU talking trash here about school wey get arrangement and student whose parent done set their lives for them

I am sure these students bought form and filled the dotted lines.... Iam sure the forms contains the rules to be observed and same must have been read and understood well.... So, what's the complain about, if you can't abide, tell your daddy to withdraw you from there pls... Don't disturb our peace pls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by lomprico(m): 7:32pm On Mar 03, 2022
Na because nobody don knack dem beta case for court. Rubbish.

And if muric is clamouring for Muslim students to wear hijab, some Christian folks will be condemning him.
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by SommyGudman(m): 7:34pm On Mar 03, 2022
When I got admission in to the university we where during our orientation that the school trains us both in character and in learning we where also giving a hand book containing the school rules and regulations.
Same thing applys here, the school trains there student in both character and learning so if you can not abide by the rules you quit.

1 Like

Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by Spherical77(m): 7:36pm On Mar 03, 2022
Legalcriminal:
Imagine they all up there calling the school Advanced Secondary school cuz they can’t afford it like me too and ASUU dealing with everyone of them
don't mind them with their hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by lomprico(m): 7:38pm On Mar 03, 2022
SommyGudman:
When I got admission in to the university we where during our orientation that the school trains us both in character and in learning we where also giving a hand book containing the school rules and regulations.
Same thing applys here, the school trains there student in both character and learning so if you can not abide by the rules you quit.

So if one is sick during the so called devoting it's automatic carry over? School fees gone! Anyway, we are in a very useless country so anyone with small power will always want to oppress the weak.
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by Banbanna(m): 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2022
Just what I was thinking, almost all of them are a bunch of glorified Sec Schools. cheesy

ImoleNaija:
All these higher secondary schools sef.

I no go allow my children have same experience. May God help me.
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by jonandez: 8:08pm On Mar 03, 2022
HarunaWest:

Bros e tire me oh.

Dy would use ur eye to see pepper..
Those people saying thrash up dere don't even know the half of it..
Every single day..u would be used as a robot and still expected to perform at your best.. isn't that slavery..
It's the parents I pity.. because everyday their children complains to them .. some are even facing depression there.. but the parents don't know it. They keep on saying "aren't your mates there" while the "mates" parents are also telling their children d same thing and the cycle goes on.
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by yommygift15: 8:25pm On Mar 03, 2022
The students aware of the so called policy before accepting the admission in the first place, so y going against the rule u have a prior knowledge of?.
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by barnyamclee: 8:39pm On Mar 03, 2022
story story, once upon a time, time,time covenant university did the same thing, they are headed by the same people after all, but they eventually forgave roll call default, nah dat one hook people like fish bone, i sha escaped with the skin of my teeth, if not i for carry one course, for these guys? nah to go kabash for prayer room say they go forgive them, thank god only one year left for me, wahala for who dey go covenant university...
this sha is a new policy, it was one suppression for three defaults last semester , but this semester they made it one suppression for one default

coming from cu student...
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by LoveThemChubby(m): 8:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
InaNla:

I have 3 children in the school, it was very 7challenging at the beginning thou.
God bless you ma'am! Their school, their rules.

1 Like

Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by Snapchat: 8:58pm On Mar 03, 2022
BOOKWORMLUX:
Better to endure the strict policies and graduate in peace than a public university where ASUU strikes would frustrate you.

Endure wherever you are.

Even in state universities, like the one I went to, there are strict rules students need to adhere to.
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by oyaaa(m): 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2022
InaNla:

you self get time to Dey answer them
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by Edoziesmart(m): 10:28pm On Mar 03, 2022
Legalcriminal:
Imagine they all up there calling the school Advanced Secondary school cuz they can’t afford it like me too and ASUU dealing with everyone of them
What made you to come to this conclusion that ASUU is dealing with them? Do you think most of us are still student? ASUU ko asup ni
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 10:44pm On Mar 03, 2022
Snapchat:

Even in state universities, like the one I went to, there are strict rules students need to adhere to.
Seriously, we have to endure wherever we are.

No matter what, no one would force us to remain in the school when it's time to graduate. Knowing this is crucial in making sure we don't do what would put us in trouble.
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by RALPHOW(m): 3:32am On Mar 04, 2022
The major problem with the youths today is indiscipline, youth should learn how to be discipline and follow rules.

Am sure it's part of the agreement before admission, the school was established for the purpose of restoring discipline back into education system in Nigeria.

Having said that, I think school authority should be lenient (they are still children) by given them second chance and reschedule another exam for them.
God bless .
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by gabicon: 3:56am On Mar 04, 2022
TwitterGists:
According to Twitter User, Manlikedrizzy:

https://twitter.com/Manlikedrizzy/status/1499301966693949446?t=qFrxRTCVTTuoBOxjd7Il9Q&s=08

Please stop this nonsense, you signed a contract after admission that you will abide by the rules and regulations. Now you break the same contract and you assume there will not be consequences?

1 Like

Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by zoedew: 7:05am On Mar 04, 2022
Regulation is regulation! The students knew it exists before they chose to be matriculated. They could have matriculated elsewhere. No talk!
Re: Landmark University Didn't Allow Students Write Exams For Missing Roll Call by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 04, 2022
InaNla:

I have 3 children in the school, it was very
challenging at the beginning thou.
Would have gone there too but I'm sure I dodged a bullet.
It's a beautiful school no doubt but the rules they were giving me were not only ridiculous but totally unnecessary.

But 3 children shocked I swr u try cool when I see the school fees alone I nearly lost my mind

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASU Graduates 8 First Class Out Of 17,695 / How To Read At Night Comfortably / Lagos SCRPS Renovates 92 Dilapidated Public Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.