Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice (1555 Views)

Married Men In The House Please Advice Me / Wife Can't Tell Who Impregnated Her Between Her Husband & Her Father-In-Law / Marriage List Given To Man By His Father-In-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by OnGodnow: 10:55pm On Mar 03, 2022
Hello Nairaland Family, Hope u all are doing great? This will be my first topic on this forum. I have been on Nairaland since 2009, but as a guest not a registered member. I just decided to register some weeks back. This is indeed a great forum, I have leanrt so much from this forum. The good, the bad and the ugly are all in this forum, but all are necessary that's the way life goes. My present job I got 2 years ago was a link I got from this forum, so I regard everyone here as family no matter the dispute.

To the main reason for posting, my daughter who just clocked two years old (My first child) is so addicted to me, at first it was fun to me but now it's beyond my control. I work off-shore, I am at work one month and home one month, one month in one month off. She was delivered the month I got my job two years ago.

The moment my daughter clocked one year; everything changes. When I return from work the moment she sees me she will never want to let go of me. At first I was so happy with the feelings, it makes me feel proud as a Dad and always will, but it's been two year now and it's getting serious, don't know if it's normal because it's my first experience.

She wouldn't let go of me not even for a minute, anywhere I go she will always follow me, she wouldn't even allow the Mom to touch her, so when am around I do everything for her, bathing her,dressing her, feeding her etc. And it's getting serious, I will have to pet her to sleep at night and she hardly sleeps on time, before I go to bed and have time with my wife.

I don't really know how to stop this, I asked my wife few nights ago why my daughter is so addicted to me when am around? she said she has no idea, she concluded that maybe she misses me a lot when am not around. It's all fun though, but it's affecting me a lot while am in town. She just won't allow me go anywhere without her going with me, and in most cases when I refused to take her along because of where am going to, she just won't stop crying, sometimes she cries till I returned it's that serious. Please Nairaland family what's the possible way to ease this?
Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by VEXT: 11:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
First daughters are often close to their dads more than mom's,so is okay wink

8 Likes

Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by usj(m): 11:08pm On Mar 03, 2022
Its a matter of time, once she finds other distractions like an agemate or a younger sibling she will think less of you then.

Enjoy it while it last because if you handle it the wrong way and push yourself out of her heart you may struggle to find a friend in her in the future.

Another thing is that she sees you less than her mom. While in University I have a friend in her twenties that ran home a few days to an examination just to go and see her dad that stays away a lot ( a Navy officer).

When you're close to your children and they are happy around you it means they have a happy childhood.

Allow her to be the baby she is and communicate with her as you would an adult. This a grate opportunity for you to start impacting your knowledge on her because she in turn will be a great teacher to her younger one.

Enjoy your wonderful "Daughter Father" relationship bro

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by Deborah98(f): 11:57pm On Mar 03, 2022
It's very normal sir. I'm not the first daughter but my dad so so much loves me more than anything else. I don't know how to quantify and qualify the love and sometimes my mom and other siblings gets jealous. Father's Love is real,evident and loud compared to mothers. She loves you and wants to feel that part of you that loves her too. I'll advise you limit bathing her. Let your wife do that.

2 Likes

Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by dawnomike(m): 12:04am On Mar 04, 2022
OnGodnow:
Hello Nairaland Family, Hope u all are doing great? This will be my first topic on this forum. I have been on Nairaland since 2009, but as a guest not a registered member. I just decided to register some weeks back. This is indeed a great forum, I have leanrt so much from this forum. The good, the bad and the ugly are all in this forum, but all are necessary that's the way life goes. My present job I got 2 years ago was a link I got from this forum, so I regard everyone here as family no matter the dispute.

To the main reason for posting, my daughter who just clocked two years old (My first child) is so addicted to me, at first it was fun to me but now it's beyond my control. I work off-shore, I am at work one month and home one month, one month in one month off. She was delivered the month I got my job two years ago.

The moment my daughter clocked one year; everything changes. When I return from work the moment she sees me she will never want to let go of me. At first I was so happy with the feelings, it makes me feel proud as a Dad and always will, but it's been two year now and it's getting serious, don't know if it's normal because it's my first experience.

She wouldn't let go of me not even for a minute, anywhere I go she will always follow me, she wouldn't even allow the Mom to touch her, so when am around I do everything for her, bathing her,dressing her, feeding her etc. And it's getting serious, I will have to pet her to sleep at night and she hardly sleeps on time, before I go to bed and have time with my wife.

I don't really know how to stop this, I asked my wife few nights ago why my daughter is so addicted to me when am around? she said she has no idea, she concluded that maybe she misses me a lot when am not around. It's all fun though, but it's affecting me a lot while am in town. She just won't allow me go anywhere without her going with me, and in most cases when I refused to take her along because of where am going to, she just won't stop crying, sometimes she cries till I returned it's that serious. Please Nairaland family what's the possible way to ease this?
keep up with it... She'll outgrow it.
Has she started school? Being away in school for long hours have a way of making children get independent

3 Likes

Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by sunnymighty(m): 4:45am On Mar 04, 2022
dawnomike:
Had she started school? Being away in school for long hours have a way of making children get independent

I work away from home and come every forthnight, my two daughters won't let me be anytime am around, I can relate, she will surely outgrow this when starts schooling.
Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by DonPADRO(m): 4:46am On Mar 04, 2022
You are often gone from her life for a month and more and you wonder why she is so attached to you?

Do you think its normal for dads to be gone like that from the lives of little kids? Guy, you are actually the one stressing that kid and your job is just the perfect excuse

2 Likes

Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by frozen70(f): 5:17am On Mar 04, 2022
OnGodnow:

Pls calm down as what you have observed is a normal thing between dad and daughter

The same thing is applicable to mum and son

Your daughter is doing what nature has designed and it's natural

She loves you and wants to be around you

I did same to my dad according to what my mum said

It will get to a stage, she will just not want mum around you or sleep in the same bed with you

She finds you so lovely to be with and as she grows, you will be her closest friend and confident

Enjoy the relationship. You son will definitely do same to your
wife

If you look very well she is a replica of your mum
Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by Richy4(m): 6:34am On Mar 04, 2022
I understand how trapped u might be feeling .. Don't even try denying that you weren't grin...

Just go with the flow... Thank your stars that Nigerian kids starts school very early... As early as 1 year...

The behaviour will be outgrown in no distant time... Just enjoy the fatherhood for now... Remember to take as many pictures as possible... because "I kind of hate u phase" is on the way... It starts at 14 grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by Fiscus105(m): 6:49am On Mar 04, 2022
Oga face it o, one of the reasons they called u responsible man be that o.

1 Like

Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by ibechris(m): 8:11am On Mar 04, 2022
Same with me with me...my two daughter are fond of me while my only son,no send me....na mum he knows except when he has no options.

1 Like

Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by baby124: 8:33am On Mar 04, 2022
She will outgrow it. It’s because she does not see you as much as her mum.

1 Like

Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by Bekind123: 10:15am On Mar 04, 2022
Daughters are always fond of their dads, same way sons are attached their mums.
Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by bigcee(m): 11:25am On Mar 04, 2022
Please raise you daughter well so she doesn't end up as a codependent person.
Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by Ulunne777(f): 12:23pm On Mar 04, 2022
My 3 follow their dad like thatcos he's gone up to 3 mths.
Its normal.

You are creating beautiful memories for her.
Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by Mariangeles(f): 12:59pm On Mar 04, 2022
She’s holding on to you to prevent you from going away.
As young as she is, she has noticed that mummy is always there, but daddy is not, and so she’s afraid of losing you again.

Well, this is better than she not having any connections with you and being indifferent when you’re home.

All that will change when she starts school, so enjoy it while it lasts.
She will not always be like that.
(If she has started school already, then nsogbu dikwa.)

1 Like

Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by Nicepoker(m): 1:09pm On Mar 04, 2022
The evening newspapers on this forum will advice your wife to keep here away from you. Watch out. grin

1 Like

Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by Nicepoker(m): 1:09pm On Mar 04, 2022
The evening newspapers on this forum will advice your wife to keep her away from you. Watch out. grin.
Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by OnGodnow: 3:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
usj:
Its a matter of time, once she finds other distractions like an agemate or a younger sibling she will think less of you then.

Enjoy it while it last because if you handle it the wrong way and push yourself out of her heart you may struggle to find a friend in her in the future.

Another thing is that she sees you less than her mom. While in University I have a friend in her twenties that ran home a few days to an examination just to go and see her dad that stays away a lot ( a Navy officer).

When you're close to your children and they are happy around you it means they have a happy childhood.

Allow her to be the baby she is and communicate with her as you would an adult. This a grate opportunity for you to start impacting your knowledge on her because she in turn will be a great teacher to her younger one.

Enjoy your wonderful "Daughter Father" relationship bro

Splendid, thanks a lot for d advise. Appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by OnGodnow: 3:52pm On Mar 04, 2022
Deborah98:
It's very normal sir. I'm not the first daughter but my dad so so much loves me more than anything else. I don't know how to quantify and qualify the love and sometimes my mom and other siblings gets jealous. Father's Love is real,evident and loud compared to mothers. She loves you and wants to feel that part of you that loves her too. I'll advise you limit bathing her. Let your wife do that.

Thanks.
Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by OnGodnow: 3:55pm On Mar 04, 2022
dawnomike:
Has she started school? Being away in school for long hours have a way of making children get independent

Yes she's in creche, but when am home she will never go to school except I take her there myself and play with her for sometime before I escape, in most cases she won't let me go. Lol... grin

1 Like

Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by OnGodnow: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
DonPADRO:
You are often gone from her life for a month and more and you wonder why she is so attached to you?

Do you think its normal for dads to be gone like that from the lives of little kids? Guy, you are actually the one stressing that kid and your job is just the perfect excuse

Really?
Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by OnGodnow: 4:00pm On Mar 04, 2022
frozen70:

Pls calm down as what you have observed is a normal thing between dad and daughter

The same thing is applicable to mum and son

Your daughter is doing what nature has designed and it's natural

She loves you and wants to be around you

I did same to my dad according to what my mum said

It will get to a stage, she will just not want mum around you or sleep in the same bed with you

She finds you so lovely to be with and as she grows, you will be her closest friend and confident

Enjoy the relationship. You son will definitely do same to your
wife

If you look very well she is a replica of your mum

Wow wow wow!!! u are very very right, she is exact replica of my Mom. Genius u. Thanks.
Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by frozen70(f): 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2022
OnGodnow:

Wow wow wow!!! u are very very right, she is exact replica of my Mom. Genius u. Thanks.
Lol, thanks too

1 Like

Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by Mrmakaveli200: 12:44pm On Mar 05, 2022
Daughters are adorable. So enjoy the moment while it lasts. Soon when she starts growing up and other things begin to take her time, you will be the one craving for the attention.
Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by gannod(m): 10:15am On Mar 06, 2022
OnGodnow:

She will outgrow it eventually. My daughter was clingy initially but she has outgrown it.

1 Like

Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by OnGodnow: 2:41pm On Mar 06, 2022
Mrmakaveli200:
Daughters are adorable. So enjoy the moment while it lasts. Soon when she starts growing up and other things begin to take her time, you will be the one craving for the attention.

Really? let's wait and see.
Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 06, 2022
Addicted to you kwa? Or she's attached" to you? Anyways, it's a stage and it will pass as she gets older.

Put her in school so she can start making friends to shift her focus from you. Maybe that will do the trick for now.
Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by onegig(m): 11:52pm On Mar 06, 2022
Put her in a creche. The pandemic affected children's psych alot . Especially those who were born during the period of WFH.

They lived in a house where it is only the mum and dad they see daily so their world revolves around those two people. Also this is an age where their understanding of time is still non existent. So they can't measure that daddy is coming back. So they tend to cling so as not to lose you.

Once she starts getting to meet other kids and faces she would calm down. Also, if you have family members like parents or younger siblings who are free you can sllow them come stay with you for some months. It is essential they sleep over. That gives her comfort that they are "trusted". Kids are weird . Lol. With the variety of faces she sees from this. She would relax a bit.
Re: Experience Father's In The House Please I Need Your Advice by Frenzy01(m): 6:22am On Mar 07, 2022
Get her a pet dog...

Check my siggy for any kind of dog breeds

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is There Anything Wrong With This Advice / 4010kg,54cm.time 2:25am.pics / Should I Tell My Dad Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.