Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,254 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee (15898 Views)

From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" / How To Buy Card/data From Your Stanbic IBTC Bank Account See Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by Aaaoo: 6:48pm On Mar 04, 2022
None
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcome: 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2022
obynzo:

It is very poor compared to other multinationals at about 110k to 120k per month

$200 monthly. God forbid
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 04, 2022
airsaylongcome:

$200 monthly. God forbid

I have once worked in MTN and Stanbic so I know what I am saying. If I am to advice anyone please go to Stanbic you will rise faster and if you move to another place your value will be more and also you will be trained externally and internally

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by 2loadedguy: 7:06pm On Mar 04, 2022
Built2last:
Both are South African companies anyway. South Africa has 51% controlling share of Stanbic IBTC bank

It depends on what the person want and career path chosen.

Stanbic is not like the typical Nigerian bank. They promote every year if you do well and pay annual end of year bonuses.

Career path should be the main thing here. what does he prefer?
Stanbic does not promote every year pls. Where did u get your information from? No matter how well u perform promotion is after two years for junior staff and after 3 years for middle management.

2 Likes

Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by gentlezypher: 7:34pm On Mar 04, 2022
phemmyfour:
MTN

You can't be useful elsewhere with a banking career... don't box yourself
lies... banking is not all about teller work
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by ZEAK: 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2022
Someone should help me with STANBIC IBTC email address.

Let me shoot my shot
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by ZEAK: 7:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
obynzo:

I have once worked in MTN and Stanbic so I know what I am saying. If I am to advice anyone please go to Stanbic you will rise faster and if you move to another place your value will be more and also you will be trained externally and internally
How did you apply for the graduate trainee program? I am interested.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by weslay: 7:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
MTN
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by Dannyilo(m): 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2022
I use God beg you, choose MTN. I was a staff of Stanbic IBTC Bank and I know why. Banking now is the most frustrating job you can ever have. Stanbic IBTC Bank like other Nigerian banks is riggid. Sacking staff is as normal as eating bread and butter.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by emmy9500: 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2022
phemmyfour:
MTN

You can't be useful elsewhere with a banking career... don't box yourself

Job in bank is just more than investment banking, bank have all the departments you have in MTN from IT to HR to operations

OP left to me if you really want career growth as a training, go with Stanbic

If you want job offer and job security go with MTN

3 Likes

Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by GreaterFuture(m): 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2022
ignis:
People dey get 2 jobs when some people never get one.
Lool
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:29pm On Mar 04, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Lol. I was employed as sales executive 2. From there I got promoted and sent to SA for training. Also to their regional office in an African country. Its a long time now, in mid 2000s. The pay was good and I believe they still pay well today. I'm not talking of those contract staff oo. From all indications, you're not going to be hired as a contract staff. They need you to grow with them, going by the position you're going for. They may just send you to SA for training immediately. Good luck.

That's a long time coming. As a sales executive what was your job? Did it require you bringing in your creative skills?
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by Eriokanmi: 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

That's a long time coming. As a sales executive what was your job? Did it require you bringing in your creative skills?
I was in charge of postpaid SIMs . It exposed me to lots of hight and mighty in the society.

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by Grateful02(m): 12:44am On Mar 05, 2022
How ca one be aware of MTN recuitment processes n whaf is their criteria?
Eriokanmi:
Lol. I was employed as sales executive 2. From there I got promoted and sent to SA for training. Also to their regional office in an African country. Its a long time now, in mid 2000s. The pay was good and I believe they still pay well today. I'm not talking of those contract staff oo. From all indications, you're not going to be hired as a contract staff. They need you to grow with them, going by the position you're going for. They may just send you to SA for training immediately. Good luck.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by sirqeeboi(m): 7:24am On Mar 05, 2022
Lisaint:
How did this companies usually recruit graduate trainee sef!!

How can one apply?

Can a current NYSC member apply even if he/she is gonna round up service year by April

There is an opportunity now..buh u will need ur NYSC certificate closing march 8
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:33am On Mar 05, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I was in charge of postpaid SIMs . It exposed me to lots of hight and mighty in the society.

Wow! That's great. You must be married with kid's or even grand kids. Thank God for your life I'm sure you're working in a better place now.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by Eriokanmi: 10:39am On Mar 05, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Wow! That's great. You must be married with kid's or even grand kids. Thank God for your life I'm sure you're working in a better place now.
Lol. Grand kids bawo grin. Yes, I'm married with kids. I'm self employed now...been doing my business for over 10 years now. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 05, 2022
ZEAK:

How did you apply for the graduate trainee program? I am interested.

I came into those companies as an experienced staff. so i know a lot about them

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by MacMaster01(m): 10:48am On Mar 05, 2022
MTN please
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by justlaw(m): 5:37pm On Mar 05, 2022
This year's graduate trainee program is open and to close on 8th March, 2022.

See poster to know how to apply.

Lisaint:
How did this companies usually recruit graduate trainee sef!!

How can one apply?

Can a current NYSC member apply even if he/she is gonna round up service year by April

Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by Salientsinmi: 11:32pm On Mar 06, 2022
Ogbenia:
MTN is such a great place to work.
I worked in a Bank and MTN.
Everything is not about money, please don't miss the opportunity of looking forward to work every new day.

You have experience with MTN. Please what can you say about contract staff working for them. Is there much benefits for them as well?
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by Eastcoastboy(m): 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Lol. Grand kids bawo grin. Yes, I'm married with kids. I'm self employed now...been doing my business for over 10 years now. Cheers!

Arh! Agba God bless the work of your hands. Make I send Aza? Boss.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by Ogbenia: 10:02am On Mar 08, 2022
Salientsinmi:

You have experience with MTN. Please what can you say about contract staff working for them. Is there much benefits for them as well?

No. MTN is not responsible for the contract staffs at all.
They try to regulate how their employers trat them but it's difficult

1 Like

Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by Johnethr: 12:32am On Apr 15, 2022
How much is Stanbic pay?
Woleobi:
I have a friend who presently works as a graduate trainee in Stanbic IBTC Bank. He recently got an offer with MTN Nigeria as a graduate trainee too. Does MTN Nigeria have a better career prospect than Stanbic IBTC?

Note: Stanbic IBTC pay is higher.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by Johnethr: 12:34am On Apr 15, 2022
Such a shallow thinking
karimusaa:
BETTER GO TO MTN. IN THE NEXT YEARS, BANK STAFF WILL BE SHRINKED...POS, BANK AGENTS EVERYWHERE...
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by Dazzle9696: 8:08pm On Jun 30, 2022
Goodevening all, pls I have an interview coming up for a personal banker role at Stanbic bank, but I am currently working at another bank as a contract staff, I just want to know if this personal banking role is a contract position as well of if it is entry level. Thank you.
Re: Stanbic IBTC Or MTN Nigeria For A Graduate Trainee by IamDandrizzy(m): 10:18pm On Jul 01, 2022
obynzo:
if you want a fast paced career growth, please go to Stanbic because as a graduate trainee you will rise very fast and attain Assistant Manager very fast. But if you want a stable place with no fear of sack, then MTN is the place, but please let it be known that you will remain in a place for years because there is no growth like that.
obynzo:
if you want a fast paced career growth, please go to Stanbic because as a graduate trainee you will rise very fast and attain Assistant Manager very fast. But if you want a stable place with no fear of sack, then MTN is the place, but please let it be known that you will remain in a place for years because there is no growth like that.

wahala��

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Issue Of HND Discrimination In The Civil Service / KBK Foundation Is Looking For Man Assaulted By Police For Demanding His Salary / He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.