Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,051 members, 7,828,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

In Concise Sentences Pls, What Is The Bone Of Contention B/w Russia And Ukraine? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / In Concise Sentences Pls, What Is The Bone Of Contention B/w Russia And Ukraine? (246 Views)

US President Biden And Ukraine's Zelensky To Meet At White House On Wednesday / Peace Talks Ended Between Russia And Ukraine With No Breakthrough / Taliban Tell Russia And Ukraine To Resolve The Crisis Through Peaceful Means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Concise Sentences Pls, What Is The Bone Of Contention B/w Russia And Ukraine? by Owain: 2:31pm On Mar 04, 2022
Believe me I have searched for and read many articles on this question but I can't exactly pinpoint the crux of this matter. They just keep going round and round in circles without hitting the nail on the head.
I know I'm not alone on this so pls, if you can help me(us) out I'll be grateful. I really want to know pls.
Just brief and straight the point. Thanks.
Re: In Concise Sentences Pls, What Is The Bone Of Contention B/w Russia And Ukraine? by LeoDeKing: 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2022
Russia and Ukraine share borders.

Russia doesn't want Ukraine to join NATO because it will pose security threat to Russia but Ukraine say it must join.

Na wetin cause the fight be dat.
Re: In Concise Sentences Pls, What Is The Bone Of Contention B/w Russia And Ukraine? by Owain: 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2022
Better. Thanks man
@LeoDeKing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Concise Sentences Pls, What Is The Bone Of Contention B/w Russia And Ukraine? by 1840fourt: 12:30am On Mar 05, 2022
[s]
LeoDeKing:

Russia doesn't want Ukraine to join NATO because it will pose security threat to Russia but Ukraine say it must join.

[/s]
Re: In Concise Sentences Pls, What Is The Bone Of Contention B/w Russia And Ukraine? by sapientia(m): 1:03am On Mar 05, 2022
Putin have a dream that one day, the old Soviet union will be brought back

So that second wave of hunger will finish people
Re: In Concise Sentences Pls, What Is The Bone Of Contention B/w Russia And Ukraine? by abbaashiru(m): 1:58am On Mar 05, 2022
LeoDeKing:

You're correct, although you just said half of the story... You see the war ain't really about Ukraine but for Russias self preservation... If/when Ukraine becomes a member of NATO, automatically the US will set-up a base in Ukraine and ofcourse Russia will never sit idly by and watch the US set-up shop in their backyard, there'll always be that mutual suspicion. So you see the war isn't really about Ukraine...

(1) (Reply)

Polish 'ultra' Fans Intimidate BBC Africa Reporters In Migrant Arrival Town Pet / US Considering Sanctions Against India / When Putin Is Your Godfather

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.