Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. (1116 Views)

Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) / My Candid Advice For Nigerian Graduates With 2.2 / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by Sarkin: 3:14pm On Mar 04, 2022
I need advice and opinions... Because of the assu strike I decided I want to switch school and maybe course to study abroad. I need good recommendations and I would highly be appreciate them.
Any good University outside Nigerian and in Africa would be nice and even outside Africa except the usual US, Canada Uk... I need good recommendations anywhere and affordable, reasonable fees...

I need to leave Nigeria any moment from now.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by advanceDNA: 3:20pm On Mar 04, 2022
Sarkin:
I need advice and opinions... Because of the assu strike I decided I want to switch school and maybe course to study abroad. I need good recommendations and I would highly be appreciate them.
Any good University outside Nigerian and in Africa would be nice and even outside Africa except the usual US, Canada Uk... I need good recommendations anywhere and affordable, reasonable fees... Thank you

Belgium...university of Ghent is not a bad idea...tuition is cheap....

U get shengen visa which gives you access to other European countries....

U also get post study

1 Like

Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by Sarkin: 3:24pm On Mar 04, 2022
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by monakii: 9:15pm On Mar 04, 2022
advanceDNA:

U also get post study

Thanks for this tread and the response. I like to know how much of guide or help I can get from you as I wish to pursue a masters degree from the school. I will appreciate a quick reply. Thanks. Can I call you?
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by advanceDNA: 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2022
monakii:

Thanks for this tread and the response. I like to know how much of guide or help I can get from you as I wish to pursue a masters degree from the school. I will appreciate a quick reply. Thanks. Can I call you?

When u say help, I’m not sure what you mean
But bear in mind that closing date for September entry is April one.

.so u have to move fast...I don’t know the course you want but these are the tuition below...mastered in Belgium is usually two years 60credits per year...making 120credits total

If your course is in faculty of science... lucky you
Tuition is just 1903€ which is less than 1M for are year .i.e 60 unit..meaning 1903€ x 2 for the full 2 years 120 credit...but u don’t have to pay all at once like most schools

There is no application fee...

You don’t need IELtS too as long as ur language of bachelors study is English

But there is small wahala...Ghent univeristy expects you to upload your certificate and also send a certified true copy... and also an email from your school...they said they get fraudulent or fake certificates from Africans so their sorry they have to ask for more to be sure..

Faculty of Arts and Philosophy - Tuition Fee A
Standard tuition fee (€ 253.60 fixed amount + € 14.30 per credit) + higher tuition fee (€ 13.20 per credit)
For 60 credits: € 1903.60

Faculty of Law and Criminology - Tuition Fee A
Standard tuition fee (€ 253.60 fixed amount + € 14.30 per credit) + higher tuition fee (€ 13.20 per credit)

Faculty of Sciences - Tuition Fee A

Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences - Tuition Fee B
Standard tuition fee (€ 253.60 fixed amount + € 24.30 per credit) + higher tuition fee (€ 69.50 per credit)
For 60 credits: € 5881.60

Faculty of Engineering and Architecture - Tuition Fee B
Standard tuition fee (€ 253.60 fixed amount + € 24.30 per credit) + higher tuition fee (€ 69.50 per credit)

Faculty of Economics and Business Administration - Tuition Fee B

Faculty of Veterinary Medicine - Tuition Fee B

Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences - Tuition Fee A

Faculty of Bioscience Engineering - Tuition Fee B

Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences - Tuition Fee B

Faculty of Political and Social Sciences - Tuition Fee A

Exceptional interfaculty and interuniversity Master-after-Bachelor Programmes:
Faculty of Sciences, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering and Faculty of Engineering & Architecture
Master of Science in Bioinformatics:

U can chat me if you need further clarification:
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by monakii: 12:11am On Mar 05, 2022
advanceDNA:

.so u have to move fast...I don’t know the course you want but these are the tuition below...mastered in Belgium is usually two years 60credits per year...making 120credits total

Tuition is just 1903€ which is less than 1M for are year .i.e 60 unit..meaning 1903€ x 2 for the full 2 years 120 credit...but u don’t have to pay all at once like most schools

But there is small wahala...Ghent univeristy expects you to upload your certificate and also send a certified true copy... and also an email from your school...they said they get fraudulent or fake certificates from Africans so their sorry they have to ask for more to be sure..

Faculty of Sciences, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering and Faculty of Engineering & Architecture

Thanks for detailed and quick response. I will like to chat you for further details. Please drop your WhatsApp line. Thanking u in anticipation.
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by monakii: 10:18am On Mar 05, 2022
advanceDNA:

Thanks for the swift and positive response.
I will like to chat you pls drop your WhatsApp. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by advanceDNA: 11:58am On Mar 05, 2022
monakii:

Use the message tab on nairaland to email me
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by Sarkin: 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2022
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by advanceDNA: 6:44pm On Mar 05, 2022
Sarkin:
please how does one go about the 'proof of language proficiency' if you don't have any of those IELTS and co?

Your proof of English language is your bachelors certificate if taught in English...

Upload your certificate there a write in comment section that your 4 year course was thought in english

1 Like

Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by advanceDNA: 7:24pm On Mar 05, 2022
monakii:

I have responded to your email bros
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by monakii: 9:20pm On Mar 05, 2022
advanceDNA:

I have responded to your email bros

Honestly, I don't know how it occurs. However, I av msg u as u directed me to. Alternatively, can I drop my WhatsApp number on here
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by advanceDNA: 9:28pm On Mar 05, 2022
monakii:

Honestly, I don't know how it occurs. However, I av msg u as u directed me to. Alternatively, can I drop my WhatsApp number on here

Okay..
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by Sarkin: 8:39am On Mar 06, 2022
advanceDNA:

Okay..
After application fee, do you think admission would be given if all criterias are met? What is their acceptance %?
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by advanceDNA: 9:33am On Mar 06, 2022
Sarkin:
After application fee, do you think admission would be given if all criterias are met? What is their acceptance %?

U missed my comment...there is no application fee at Ghent univeristy
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by Sarkin: 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2022
advanceDNA:

U missed my comment...there is no application fee at Ghent univeristy
You're right. I was however sent this in my email: "We have determined that your diploma does not allow you direct access for the programme. In order for us to process your application, you should pay an application fee of 50 euro."
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by advanceDNA: 7:56pm On Mar 06, 2022
Sarkin:

You're right. I was however sent this in my email: "We have determined that your diploma does not allow you direct access for the programme. In order for us to process your application, you should pay an application fee of 50 euro."

That’s weird... if you don’t have 50 euros... i
Recommend you should choose another programme oooo...
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by Sarkin: 8:21pm On Mar 06, 2022
advanceDNA:

That’s weird... if you don’t have 50 euros... i
Recommend you should choose another programme oooo...
it's weird because I received another email the same time stating it's being screened
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by advanceDNA: 8:22pm On Mar 06, 2022
Sarkin:
it's weird because I received another email the same time stating it's being screened

What has been screened?? You mean your application??

The last application I did for someone was biochem and biotech masters and all these grammar of 50euros wasn’t present
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by Sarkin: 8:49pm On Mar 06, 2022
advanceDNA:

What has been screened?? You mean your application??

The last application I did for someone was biochem and biotech masters and all these grammar of 50euros wasn’t present
The email contained this:
"Your application could not be processed automatically. Your file has to be screened by the Student Administration Center."

Application was for socal sciences
I'd check other courses...
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by advanceDNA: 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2022
Sarkin:

The email contained this:
"Your application could not be processed automatically. Your file has to be screened by the Student Administration Center."

Application was for socal sciences
I'd check other courses...

Oh...I must say I’ve not seen this one before
I don’t know their acceptance rate...50€ is almost 23k ...no be small money for this era...

But I’d say it’s a small price to pay considering the school fees is low i.e if you get the admission

Wait...can you please do a screen shot of the web site please just to sure you ddnt go to the wrong place where they want to dupe you...

This is Ghent oo

Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by Sarkin: 9:40pm On Mar 06, 2022
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by advanceDNA: 10:06pm On Mar 06, 2022
Sarkin:
Sure the fee is rational, compared to the fees...
On the admission portal, here's what they said on the status

I noticed the social sciences was part of the only few options of courses taught in English.

I saw BA...are u applying for a bachelors??
No wonder...when you said social science is one of the few course taught in English..because many masters courses are taught in English. I was shaa wondering that I ddnt see this application fee before..

Anyways ...if you can risk the application fee .it’s up to you..
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by Sarkin: 7:14am On Mar 07, 2022
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by Sarkin: 10:26am On Mar 08, 2022
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by adejoro1988(m): 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2022
I would love to further my Ph.d any advise on admission processing in university of Ghent.
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by Jenny2412(f): 11:04pm On Mar 29, 2022
advanceDNA:

U also get post study

Do you mean I don't have to pay application fee to apply to the Ghent and does it mean I have to send both hard copy to the school and my school has to also send them mail?
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by Jenny2412(f): 11:12pm On Mar 29, 2022
Pls guys, I'd like to get clarification on legalisation of documents as I am planning to apply for masters at the University of Ghent, my question is
1. Is it legalisation before application or legalisation after getting admission?

2. Anyone here looking to apply to same University and do not mind we smashing this goal together, can we connect and kick start?
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by advanceDNA: 7:20am On Mar 30, 2022
Jenny2412:

Do you mean I don't have to pay application fee to apply to the Ghent and does it mean I have to send both hard copy to the school and my school has to also send them mail?

For masters degree....there’s no application fee
At least I’ve done a couple of applications..

yes...for Nigerians since our fraud is too much.. they expect a scanned copy while you are applying on line...

Legalized/certified true copied ( done at the Belgian was mbassy)
And an email from your school quoting your application number that the transcript you used to apply is original and you are a real student
Re: Expert Advice For Who Wants To School Abroad. by advanceDNA: 7:31am On Mar 30, 2022
Jenny2412:
Pls guys, I'd like to get clarification on legalisation of documents as I am planning to apply for masters at the University of Ghent, my question is
1. Is it legalisation before application or legalisation after getting admission?

2. Anyone here looking to apply to same University and do not mind we smashing this goal together, can we connect and kick start?

Application date for international student masters is April 1..so you might want to ensure you get your application in today or tomorrow

Certified true copy and email from school can follow next week

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

THE EVENING SUN By Akan Essien / STARTING SCHOOL IN IBADAN,need help / Where Is Rich Or Rice Model School, Port Harcourt (east) - Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.