Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

NDLEA Begins Move To Stop Kyari’s Extradition To US - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Begins Move To Stop Kyari’s Extradition To US (1248 Views)

NDLEA Begins Nationwide Crackdown On 'Laughing Gas' Nitrous Oxide / Abba Kyari For Extradition To U.S After NDLEA Probe / Hushpuppi Faces Extradition From UAE To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Begins Move To Stop Kyari’s Extradition To US by LagacyHills: 3:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), on Thursday, filed an eight-count criminal charge against suspended Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari, and six others it alleged were involved in drug trafficking.

The move comes hours after the federal government approved a request by the United States to extradite Kyari who is wanted in the country over alleged links with international fraudster, Ramon Abbas, alias Hushpuppi, and could stall the extradition.

NDLEA, in the charge it filed through a team of lawyers led by its Director, Prosecution & Legal Services, Mr. Joseph Sunday, specifically accused DCP Kyari and the four other police officers of conspiracy, obstruction, and dealing in Cocaine worth 17.55 kilograms.

It also alleged that Kyari and his men, who are currently in its custody, also unlawfully tampered with 21.25kg worth of Cocaine.

The duo of Umeibe and Ezenwanne were accused of conspiring with others at large, to import 21.35kg of Cocaine into the country.

Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami had in the extradition application he also brought before the court, claimed that no charge was pending against DCP Kyari in Nigeria.

But the charge by NDLEA means that Kyari is facing trial in Nigeria and cannot be extradited to the United States.

Earlier, Inibehe Effiong, a human rights lawyer, had said that charging Kyari in Nigeria would stop his extradition.

Effiong had in a statement on Thursday, appealed not to the NDLEA not to file a case against Kyari in court as doing so would prevent him from being extradited.

He had noted that the extradition act makes it imperative for Kyari’s prosecution on drug charges to be put on hold.

The lawyer explained that proceeding to prosecute Kyari in Nigeria for drug related offences would prevent his extradition because an individual facing trial in Nigeria cannot be extradited to another country.

“The extradition application filed by the Attorney General of the Federation for Abba Kyari to be extradited to the US is a welcome development. Now that the FG has taken this step, NDLEA has to stay action on the drug related charges against Kyari. That’s the implication,” Effiong had said.

“Investigation by the NDLEA can continue while the extradition application is litigated. But it will be counterproductive for the NDLEA to proceed to file charges against Kyari during the pendency of the extradition application. That will make nonsense of the entire process.

“Section 3 of the Extradition Act makes it imperative for the prosecution of Kyari on the drug charges to be put on hold. This is because by the said provision, extradition applications will be refused by the court if the wanted fugitive is undergoing prosecution for another crime.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Begins Move To Stop Kyari’s Extradition To US by Nbotee(m): 4:02pm On Mar 04, 2022
Lol
Re: NDLEA Begins Move To Stop Kyari’s Extradition To US by BeanmanX(m): 4:02pm On Mar 04, 2022
KoyyesArmRobber:
Lol criminals every. Like BeanmanX and koyyes
Mynd44, seun, lalasticlala justwise justwise Rule 2 and 19

Another alternate account of the notorious troll that cloned my account
Re: NDLEA Begins Move To Stop Kyari’s Extradition To US by Boogyman557: 4:10pm On Mar 04, 2022
Holly Gram cool I no de READ dis kind Long matterz bcus na ENERGY DRINK PESIN go need later..

so make I just LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Begins Move To Stop Kyari’s Extradition To US by BeanmanX(m): 4:29pm On Mar 04, 2022
ThiefBeanmanx:
data don finish? grin
The criminal and coward done deactivate again, Dem no born u well,,,, it's very obvious cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy grin
U no go ever last for this forum, all ur threads and accounts go burn to ashes as far say I still dey here, na me be ur end,,,,, Beanmanx cool cool cool
Re: NDLEA Begins Move To Stop Kyari’s Extradition To US by BeanmanX(m): 4:31pm On Mar 04, 2022
ThiefBeanmanx:
data don finish? grin

Re: NDLEA Begins Move To Stop Kyari’s Extradition To US by BeanmanX(m): 4:37pm On Mar 04, 2022
ThiefBeanmanx:
if them born u and born your mama well, no call mods

Re: NDLEA Begins Move To Stop Kyari’s Extradition To US by BeanmanX(m): 4:42pm On Mar 04, 2022
ThiefBeanmanx:
son of a hoe, u go call mods till u die as your mama no born u well grin

Re: NDLEA Begins Move To Stop Kyari’s Extradition To US by BeanmanX(m): 4:46pm On Mar 04, 2022
ThiefBeanmanx:
Me sataniclunatic/inspectorlawal/ThiefBeanmanx na cursed son of a hoe, I go chop ban like mumu grin

cheesy cheesy
Re: NDLEA Begins Move To Stop Kyari’s Extradition To US by BeanmanX(m): 4:51pm On Mar 04, 2022
ThiefBeanmanx:
continue calling mods may thunder no fire your mama toto cool

Re: NDLEA Begins Move To Stop Kyari’s Extradition To US by BeanmanX(m): 4:53pm On Mar 04, 2022
ThiefBeanmanx:
Beanmanx continue calling mods may thunder fire my mama toto cool
grin
Re: NDLEA Begins Move To Stop Kyari’s Extradition To US by BeanmanX(m): 5:07pm On Mar 04, 2022
ThiefBeanmanx:
son of a hoe, u go call mods till u die as your mama no born u well grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Convicted Sex Offender Found Hiding Two Missing Children In His Bedroom Wardrobe / Banditry...the Place Is A Ghost Town. Kaduna State Nigeria / 2 Nurses, Security Men Docked For Cutting Flesh From Corpse At Ibadan Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.