Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,677 members, 7,831,101 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Questions every Nigerian should answer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions every Nigerian should answer (7572 Views)

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Should Answer This Question / 20 Questions Aregbesola Should Answer Before He Can Win My Vote / 20 Questions Aregbesola Should Answer If He Wants To Win Osun Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 29, 2011
OP its very sad isnt it?.We Nigerians are the most docile of all ppl and this could explain why our leaders rob us blind and other ppl look down on us.We are a country of zombies and we are ready to lap up the rubbish our own govt hand out to us on a daily basis.Take a look at what is going on in the middle east.The arab leaders are not as worse off as our own leaders but yet the arabs standing up for their right.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Ekpoma1: 8:58am On Jun 29, 2011
True talk poster. Im even thinking of forming a deadly group 2 fight against corrupt leaders and also the formulation and implementation of policies that doesnt favor the common man by the govt. All i need is just funds 2 purchase arms(bombs and guns preferably AK-47), since violence is the only language govt understand. Pls i need volunteers 2 join. Is not enough 2 sit in front of ur computer and criticize. Do something!
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by kunlej2: 8:59am On Jun 29, 2011
MEND FIGHT WAS A SELFISH FIGHT,
BOKO HARAM IS A SELF FIGHT,
VERY SOON OPC WILL HAVE THEIR OWN SELFISH WHILE MASSOB IS ALSO WAITING, WITH ALL THESE SELFISHNESS TAKING PLACE REVOLUTION WILL NEVER TAKE PLACE.
THE FIGHT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A JUSTIFIABLE ONE FOR ALL
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Oscillation(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2011
Nigerian will probably be better off when every body has the attitude to think and do that which is good and right without contempt. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by calebrita(m): 9:06am On Jun 29, 2011
Let us try and get the attention of the so call leader probably drive them to nairaland and they will hear what people that matters are saying about the country's administration.
they have to be here so that all our discuss will not be within ourselves.
if we don't act now we don't know the next thing they might come up with.
lets all unite and come together as one so that we will build a Nigeria in which nobody will be a victim of RACE, RELIGION, TRIBE, SEX, BELIEF, COLOUR, STATUS.
If we keep on doing things this way there might not be answer lets try other options so as to see what we will have again.
We need to act fast. angry sad shocked sad sad
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by nagoma(m): 9:19am On Jun 29, 2011
This is a good and thoughtful thread - late for the last election but not late for 2015. But I wonder how long it will take for the thread to be reduced to the usual tribal and religious jibes , knowing what NL is.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by proffmanue(m): 9:19am On Jun 29, 2011
Revolution can't work in Nigeria because we are divide culturally, religiously and socially.
when I think about Nigeria, I sherd tears a times, Nigerians hv sold their will to demand for change.
I study in Europe, but these Europeans countries don't hv the natural resources we hv yet, their standard of living is far better
I spent two weeks in Kenya last year, their power supply only blink twice.
Instead of these harmed rubbers to be killer pple on the high ways, I suggest they go after the corrupt leaders.
All the leaders should be reaccessed after two years in office to see if they hv deliver any thing.
if we can't get justice from EFCC, let us deliver the justice when we see them out side.
Nigeria is lead by EDUCATED ILLITERATES.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by 3kay945(m): 9:46am On Jun 29, 2011
many nigerian have been brainwashed with religion,, that is why we keep suffering and smiling, saying God will help us.
we had opportunity to change this country atleast a little last election, but we fu/ck-up. grin grin
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by beknown(m): 10:01am On Jun 29, 2011
@Poster,

Nigerians had the opportunity to vote for the best candidate in the election but they chose the worst. Who do you blame?

Tcrack:

the Nigerian problem is a problem that was created over a long period of time and solving it is something that will take time. trust me, even if every Nigerian is ready to die, it still wont solve the problem. if violence should break out in nigeria, i can assure you in the end we will be worse than somalia.all we can do is to find a way of making people in position of authority more accountable and thats something that will take time, considering the fact that corruption has eaten deep into the blood stream of EVERY NIGERIAN. the average nigerian youth is no better than the corrupt elders leading us.

Every Nigerian youth should think seriously about how they contribute to support corruption in the country.

Is GEJ giving us any fresh air now?

Statistics show that Nigeria has greater youth population. If the youths are able to unite under a new political party of like-minded youths, we will disengage the PDP for good. The problem we have is that many youths are happy to benefit from the current trouble. Many youths are happy to buy their own generator called 'I better pass my neighbour'.

Nigerian youths wake up and make yourself relevant.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by 3kay945(m): 10:08am On Jun 29, 2011
beknown:

@Poster,

Nigerians had the opportunity to vote for the best candidate in the election but they chose the worst. Who do you blame?

Every Nigerian youth should think seriously about how they contribute to support corruption in the country.

Is GEJ giving us any fresh air now?

Statistics show that Nigeria has greater youth population. If the youths are able to unite under a new political party of like-minded youths, we will disengage the PDP for good. The problem we have is that many youths are happy to benefit from the current trouble. Many youths are happy to buy their own generator called 'I better pass my neighbour'.

Nigerian youths wake up and make yourself relevant.
thanks, pls tell them
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by dustydee: 10:12am On Jun 29, 2011
Why can't we de,mand for justice and equity rather than grumble on the sidelines?
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by tsharp(m): 10:18am On Jun 29, 2011
Why will Nigerians not be docile when a vast majority of us are constantly being sedated every sunday (and on almost every other day) with words like "sow seed and the Lord will multiply?"
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Acidosis(m): 10:32am On Jun 29, 2011
Things will either remain the way they are or get worse. Some of you working in your oga's petty company even steals money, funds, donation. Corruption is every where! A student asked his dad for a hundred thousand naira for a project work that will take less than 30,000 naira, now tell me what will such a person do if he eventually finds his way to the government. Our government is good, Nigeria is blessed but Nigerians *I mean YOU!* are Thieves, Ole!
Girls keep lying just to get money from their numerous boyfriends, some ll claim to be pregnant when they are actually not in other to get a *killing* fee, what will such a lady do when she finds are way to the government.
So many of you were cultists while in school and you think you can mock the government. . Y'all are only fooling y'selves. Can any thing good come out frm a cult group?
Some started stealing while holding a political seat in the SUG. . I know a guy that stole students dues in his faculty, and you think that's not corruption. . I pity y'all.
Jamb answers for all types was all over the internet 2 days b4 the exam day. And y'all think its a normal thing?
NIGERIANS NEED TO CHANGE, SHIKENA!
m a cult group?
Some started stealing while holding a political seat in the SUG. . I know a guy that stole students dues in his faculty, and you think that's not corruption. . I pity y'all.
Jamb answers for all types was all over the internet 2 days b4 the exam day. And y'all think its a normal thing?
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by cold(m): 10:33am On Jun 29, 2011
Nigerians are notoriously & atrociously religious it's almost unbelievable.'leave it to God''God dey''pray for the nation''Allah is watching,reh,reh,reh,bla,bla,bla!Those are some of the popular slogans that have been ingrained in our thoughts,thus the docility we find ourselves in.We're all expecting our miracles after investing heavily with the numerous men of God scattered all over the place.Who wan die when my miracle is on the way.

In the words of the legendary Fela:'We fear to fight for freedom,we fear to fight for liberty,we no wan die,I get one child,papa dey for house,mama dey for house,i wan build house & so on & so forth
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by dvee2: 10:39am On Jun 29, 2011
this is the kind of discussion one expect from youths of our generation.not the usual ethnic hate.we must realise that across nija people are all suffering and government policies affect all equally.so why should we blame a westerner for a bad policy of obj?how hv the presidency of obj benefited the west?we all face the same issue,our elite and they assemble from across all ethnic group.until we begin to look at issues that effect us commonly we will continue to look for answers.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by omo9ja1(m): 10:49am On Jun 29, 2011
This is the tale of our next release "suffering and smilling" - Fela smiley

Happy fresh air

Leader lead by example
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by xtianh(m): 11:01am On Jun 29, 2011
The TURN BY TURN Nig. plc is what is in every nigerian mind everybody believe that life is turn by turn,
In nigeria we are happy paying for services that are not being rendered
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Acidosis(m): 11:04am On Jun 29, 2011
and who are these ppl refererin to Fela? What good did he offer throughout his entire stay in Nigeria? Why can't he effect the change with his so many noise, harlots and tobacco? Nonsense!
And I think its high time we started respecting our men of God. They are God's representative on earth. If you can't pray and hope for a change through your religion, tell me where else can one do that? In the club house, beer parlour, or harlot quarters?
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by GOZILLA(m): 11:09am On Jun 29, 2011
Naija is plagued with tribalism.Once that stops then we everything will fall into place.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by xtianh(m): 11:11am On Jun 29, 2011
The common problem we are facing in this country be it Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba or wherever you come from is that  THE WORD CORRUPTION has eaten dip into our system that we the ordinary citizen cant even do without it, we prefer to settle the men in "Uniform" instead of claiming our ryt, even in small offices we do all source of crime in order to take something home at the end of the day, but i dont at some length blame some people cuz their monthly salary is not even enough to feed on daily basis,
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by tk22ng: 11:13am On Jun 29, 2011
the main question should be why did we vote goodluck jonathan?even when we know he cant fight corruption
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Geomel: 11:50am On Jun 29, 2011
It is a good debate which we need to ponder on by every Nigeria
We also have a free Seminars on Web designing by Next month for more info visit
www.geoemelgroup.org or call 08035213464
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by cbjonstage(m): 11:57am On Jun 29, 2011
We live in a society where a wealthy class parasitic upon the labour of the masses just as xtianh rightly puts it TURN BY TURN NIG. PLC.

the turn by turn mentality is not helping matter to human development towards nation building at all
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by femzy(m): 12:12pm On Jun 29, 2011
@ OP those lines u dropped will make good lyrics for a good song.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by hiltop2: 12:13pm On Jun 29, 2011
Yes! Like many have opined, we need REVOLUTION in this country, the question is where will it start. From ourselves, Correct YOURSELF first, then those around you, see the transformations in village-town-city levels and ultimately the country as a whole. I don't know whether we use to forget that our leaders are from amongst ourselves, they are brought neither from war torn Somalia nor Congo. They are our family members, town men, etc,
It's a natural law that a leader will be the type he's leading. Many of us will do worse than the so called law-makers.
We want leaders like Abraham Lincoln yet we refuse to be like americans of then. We are drug pushers, 419, scam masters, interestingly, some will say it's because of poverty, but why is it somehow perculiar to one ethnic group.
A Corp member was posted where I am residing in one of  the so called middle belt states, he saw a transformer by the road side, the young man said [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]"Chei this people are not civilized, this thing na money oh, for our side U no fit leave transformer unguarded"[/font]  I don't know whether stealing and robbery is Synonymous with their so called Civilizations.
I bet you if we are good, a better person will be our leader, if otherwise, the worst of us will forever be leading us.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by monkeyleg: 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2011
Some people are waking up and smelling the coffee in 2011. We havent even identified the right path, talkless of walking on it. and believe me when i say we are very far from any redemption. All you need to confirm is look through the current ministerial list, that will give you all an idea. As for me and my family the Nigerian experiment is over. Una goodluck
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by VolvoS60(m): 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2011
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ASK why the poor have no food, they call me a communist". - Archbishop Dom Helder Camara of Brazil.

OP: You are indeed on the path to enlightenment. If you succeed in making even one soul ask himself the questions you listed (and not rest till he gets the answers), then your work is done.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Ikwikwikwi(m): 12:54pm On Jun 29, 2011
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Ikwikwikwi(m): 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2011
abeg, where Monkeyleg wan go sef??
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by shawonlese: 12:58pm On Jun 29, 2011
Change starts today!

I propose a 10 million youths march to Abuja, to camp out for 14days infront of Asorock and National Assembly if by December 31st we do not have a minimum of 15 hrs constant power supply.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by faithin9ja: 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2011
posted by Acidious
Things will either remain the way they are or get worse. Some of you working in your oga's petty company even steals money, funds, donation. Corruption is every where! A student asked his dad for a hundred thousand naira for a project work that will take less than 30,000 naira, now tell me what will such a person do if he eventually finds his way to the government. Our government is good, Nigeria is blessed but Nigerians *I mean YOU!* are Thieves, Ole!
Girls keep lying just to get money from their numerous boyfriends, some ll claim to be pregnant when they are actually not in other to get a *killing* fee, what will such a lady do when she finds are way to the government.
So many of you were cultists while in school and you think you can mock the government. . Y'all are only fooling y'selves. Can any thing good come out frm a cult group?
m a cult group?

This is one of the best posts I have seen on Nairaland - we all blame leaders, yet we pray everyday that our 'person' should get political appointment or win election or become an ED in bank, why? so we can join the corruption chain by asking this person for 'our' share, our share in form of contracts, juicy NYSC posting, job in a bank or oil company. If 'our' brother becomes a customs officer we expect him to finance the whole extended family - from where his salary?

yet we on nairaland are quick to condemn politicians.

How many of us in our churches on Sunday have decided to use our tithe money to build a local borehole for our community? instead we will buy a flashy car for 'our' pastor. In western countries the few people who still go to church donate money every Sunday for 'one village' in middle of Africa.

We, Nigerians we don't even pity our neighbour, somebody selling N50 gala, we nearly kill him if your N20 change is not correct, you don't mind if moto jam am when he running for his money, yet we are praising those who take billions for us. and please don't do the usual nairaland past time of blaming one tribe or other, or blaming PDP, because we are all guilty, the guilt has been on-going since 1957, when we got local rule before we even had full independence in 1960 - check your history
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2011
Acidosis:

and who are these ppl refererin to Fela? What good did he offer throughout his entire stay in Nigeria? Why can't he effect the change with his so many noise, harlots and tobacco? Nonsense!
And I think its high time we started respecting our men of God. They are God's representative on earth. If you can't pray and hope for a change through your religion, tell me where else can one do that? In the club house, beer parlour, or harlot quarters?

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PRAYING FOR HOPE AND CHANGE WITH THIS MEN OF GOD IN OUR CHURCHES AND HOW MANY OF THEM HAVE SAID MEANINGFUL THINGS TO MAKE NIGERIA BETTER OTHER THAN MAKING THEMSELVES RICHER
CHECK THE RATIO OF PASTORS WHO HAVE BECOME RICH TO THE RATIO OF CHURCH MEMBERS WHO HAVE BECOME RICH AND MAYBE YOU WILL OPEN YOUR DELUDED EYES
ALMOST ALL PASTORS ARE RICH IN NIGERIA AND CAN YOU SAY SAME FOR THEIR MEMBERS?ABI NA ONLY PASTOR GOD DEY SEE?
LISTEN TO FELA EVERYDAY AND HE IS SAYING THE TRUTH.HAS YOUR FAMILY GONE THROUGH THE THINGS HE WENT THRIUGH IN THE HANDS OF THE GOVT?HAS THE GOVT JAILED ANY MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY FOR SPEAKING AGAINST THEM NOT TO TALK OF YOU AND YOU COME HERE TALK ABOUT PASTORS.MEN OF GOOD MY FOOT,DID ONE OF THEM NOT JUST CONTEST AN ELECTION?DID HE NOT SAY GOD SPOKRE TO HIM TO RUNDID OKOTIE NOT SAY THE SAME YRS AGO.ABI WAS GOD PLAYING YAHOO YAHOO ON THEMTHIS IS THE ONLY COUNTRY WHERE WE DO NOT HOLD OUR LEADERS ACCOUNTABLE TO WHAT THEY FEED US.
MAYBE ALL YOU NEED IS A DOSE OF FELA MUSIC TO WAKE YOUR DEAD MIND UP.ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO ARE CONTRIBUTING TO THE RUBBISH IN NIGERIA,DEFENDING THE SO CALLED "MEN OF GOD" WHO STARTED AS PAUPERS BUT ARE SERIOUSLY RICH NOW BUT SAME CANT BE SAID OF 10% OF THEIR CONGREGATION

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Massob Vows To Retaliate Killing Of Igbos! Wop Wop! Ghen Ghen! / Why Are Some Jonathan Fans Still Hating?? / This Is What National And State Assemblies Will Earn.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.