Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Questions every Nigerian should answer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions every Nigerian should answer (7562 Views)

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Should Answer This Question / 20 Questions Aregbesola Should Answer Before He Can Win My Vote / 20 Questions Aregbesola Should Answer If He Wants To Win Osun Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions every Nigerian should answer by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 28, 2011
Why are we so docile in Nigeria? Or is the apt word foolish?

We are being cheated yet we remain quiet why?
We pay tax yet we provide our own source of power, water, roads and security [OPC, Bakassi e.t.c]

Those who eke out a living are being molested by the government [The gala and pure water sellers]
The police have become licensed thieves
The traditional rulers have become leaders of gangstas
Street urchins [Agbero] molest commercial motorcyclist (vehicles) collecting another man’s sweat

Do we know the number of able-bodied men running a hundred meters every min just to sell 'one' 50 naira gala?
Do we know how many of them are in Lagos alone?
What if they put down their galas and pure waters and turn to armed robbery?
Will they attack the upper class?

Why are we fighting for a meagre minimum wage of 18 000?
Is it ever going to be approved?
Why will a senator in this country earn 10 000 000 naira a month?
Will they ever decrease their salary?
With the way citizens buy the 1 000 000 naira 'Mikano' and 'John Holt' generators,
will we ever witness stable power in Nigeria?

Why will any sane man wake up in the morning and take his ride through gullies
and a minimum of two hour holdups every day for the next ten years?

Why will he spend 4 hours on a road that should take him 20mins and not feel that
breaking the jaw of his local government chairman is the next line of action? joke

Do you know your local government chairman?

How many high-profile cases have our police solved?
Who killed Bola Ige the number 3 man in the federation?

Why will a man who steals a woman's bag be sentenced to two years in prison
while Cecilia Ibru who stole and wrecked the lives of thousand get things easy?

When will our backs be against the wall?
When would we say enough is enough?

what can be done to inspire youths to FORCE a change?
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Afam4eva(m): 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2011
The who wan die phrase is very dear to Nigerians.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2011
afam4eva:

The who wan die phrase is very dear to Nigerians.
sadly sad
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Obiagu1(m): 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2011
We are not docile, not at all.
Do you want an Igbo man to start a "fight" over a corrupt Hausa politician or the other way round?

The union called Nigeria has made the people foolish like you said.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by HisExcellencyBKNjoku: 9:06pm On Jun 28, 2011
We will supass this hurdles, is just a matter of time. The issue we ought to tackle first is corruption etc.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 28, 2011
His Excellency B.K. Njoku:

We will supass this hurdles, is just a matter of time. The issue we ought to tackle first is corruption etc.

When? Can you give an estimate?
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by HisExcellencyBKNjoku: 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2011
yomola:

When? Can you give an estimate?

so long a time we have been dealing with these issues of time e.g 2010, 2020, 2025, 2050 these i see as gibberish per say, what have we gain since then. . Instead the rate of corruption keep glowing with various trends. Let me not go there now, corruption is our problem, and it has eaten very deep in our nigeria system, if not checked and handled properly, we will continue to quote years years without success in nigeria.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 28, 2011
Obiagu1:

We are not docile, not at all.
Do you want an Igbo man to start a "fight" over a corrupt Hausa politician or the other way round?

The union called Nigeria has made the people foolish like you said.

If the 'fight' will yield positive results. YES
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Nobody: 2:32am On Jun 29, 2011
His Excellency B.K. Njoku:

when i askI rem my father back in the 80s saying E GO BETTER and this is 2011 and we still have the same problems even worse
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Litmus: 3:08am On Jun 29, 2011
The idea that leaders or some elite group are corrupt  oppressive and exploitative of the common man is one of the most insidious things to bedevil the  black man especially Africans. This is because it leads to a never ending cycle of violence and destruction and society never progresses because it is forever pulled down prematurely. The reason why it leads to a never ending cycle of violence and repeated destruction is because the philosophy endangers no trust and is anathema to fate. When you, the revolutionary, eventually get to power someone else will come along and call you corrupt and exploitative no mater what you do. The cure to this the Europeans learned was to effectively find a way to shut the door once you get into power. Shutting the door is a middle phase in the evolution of society.  All dictators are door shutters. Eventually dictatorship dies or evolves (E.G China)and fledgling democratic society takes over. In Africa we never get past the dictatorship stage because African dictators lack the imagination to find effective door locks.

The key to Nigeria development is to do what we used to do before people got lazy. We have to keep one eye on politicians, continue to nag them, but to put most of our energy into doing things for ourselves. Once upon a time in Nigeria no Bunkum-harem or Creek terrorist would have gotten away with murdering innocent citizens  because ordinary people would have acted instead of waiting for government. People would have seen the perpetrators and if they couldn't pursue retributive acts on the spot  they'd have marked where they went and hunted them down later.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by akinjosh(m): 3:13am On Jun 29, 2011
U thinking of every man asking for his own right? Or every man holding a political office holder responsible?
The questins you asked above are not things I will advise anybody to seat down and give a big thought about. The Nigerian problem is more than what we just call corruption. The problem is large. Even from the teens a average youth has major challenges to cross. I will only suggest that once you can eke out a living for yourself, forget about the rest. Don't forget that if we degenerate into civil war or other unrests, it does not guarantee us of better leadership!!!!
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by stunna2(m): 3:15am On Jun 29, 2011
maybe real education for all nigerians??

it's a catch 22 situation now i'm afraid.

THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA IS NIGERIANS; NIGERIAN LEADERS ARE NIGERIANS TOO!!
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Egbagirl(f): 3:41am On Jun 29, 2011
To add to what Yomola said.

Sound Sultan sings:

I want to be like Moses,eh
Show my people dem to the promise land
But then i notice something,people wey try am don dey underground
I see dem i ja
Look dem from far
Me i fear this Government people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzv-s13QtYY

But for real, we need a revolution. How? Thats the difficult question. These days, its every man for himself. We need to unite first. If the youth can look past their differences and come together, focus on their similarities and even possibly use their differences as a strength, that would be a start. There is strength in numbers. Right now, there are very few people that are willing to create change. After all, no be beans now and who wan die?? Na so so complain we dey complain. Na so so mouth we dey make.

We need some kind of awakening (electric shock) to jolt our brains. They've been dead too long. We need UNITY. em talk say, United we stand, Divided we fall. If we are really serious about it, then we will wake up and do something. But for now, e never pain us reach so lets continue to fold our arms and watch as our lives are being destroyed.

Once again, there is strength in numbers. (UNITY)
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Osama10(m): 4:00am On Jun 29, 2011
Poster you have spoken the only truth.

I wonder when this change will start.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by ajadudu: 4:13am On Jun 29, 2011
Too much respect for elders and people in authority.

Imagine what the democratic party would have told Obama if that was Nigeria, "wait for your turn and respect your elders"
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by henry101(m): 4:30am On Jun 29, 2011
ajadudu:

Too much respect for elders and people in authority.

Imagine what the democratic party would have told Obama if that was Nigeria, "wait for your turn and respect your elders"

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Tcrack(m): 5:12am On Jun 29, 2011
the Nigerian problem is a problem that was created over a long period of time and solving it is something that will take time. trust me, even if every Nigerian is ready to die, it still wont solve the problem. if violence should break out in nigeria, i can assure you in the end we will be worse than somalia.all we can do is to find a way of making people in position of authority more accountable and thats something that will take time, considering the fact that corruption has eaten deep into the blood stream of EVERY NIGERIAN. the average nigerian youth is no better than the corrupt elders leading us.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Roland17(m): 5:28am On Jun 29, 2011
@OP
Your fears and many more are replicated in the hearts of many disgruntled Nigerians, who are living their lives like it is the last, Nigerians have become slaves and preys in their own country, subject to rule and authority not only from the central and state government, but also to the unholy dictates of sect groups, that have refused to understand that the world has evolved. its a pathetic story of a once giant of Africa, that has gone into deep sleep in the jungle and has allowed ants become rulers over of tigers, lions.

Its a pity!!!! a bigger shame.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Seaen(m): 6:35am On Jun 29, 2011
All we need is a radical, patriotic and wise leader who will chart the course of change for a new Nigeria. But looking at our antecedents in leadership, how will such a leader evolve?
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Iniabasi: 6:58am On Jun 29, 2011
Tcrack:

the Nigerian problem is a problem that was created over a long period of time and solving it is something that will take time. trust me, even if every Nigerian is ready to die, it still wont solve the problem. if violence should break out in nigeria, i can assure you in the end we will be worse than somalia.all we can do is to find a way of making people in position of authority more accountable and thats something that will take time, considering the fact that corruption has eaten deep into the blood stream of EVERY NIGERIAN. the average nigerian youth is no better than the corrupt elders leading us.

you hit the nail spot on
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Andrew3(m): 7:02am On Jun 29, 2011
yes no one wants to be the first, but at least if there is one first, i can be second grin
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 29, 2011
Which youth is OP talking about ? niger delta youth or al-majiris ?
In any case,the youths themselves are out for nothing than to tap their own share of the National cake.Check out the likes of Bankole,Fayose,Tompolo,Asari dokubo,Boyloaf and tell how they are different from our corrupt old cargoes in politics ?
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by nogames: 7:07am On Jun 29, 2011
politicians are taking us for ride, they are spending our resources on mere propaganda. for instance i don't reason   why anybody from Alimosho LG should vote for any AC candidate including Fashola,
Innocent citizen will be arrested because they are hawking, they will be detained in Black maria, it never happen during the military regime,
Ask fashola how many jobs he created for these people? they only employed their political thugs as KIA and LASMA,

Just imaging, a KIA graduate  total take home is N18,000 and most of their commander are school certificate drop out ( their core thugs). graduate will be forced to say"SIR" for school cert failure what a pity?

Aregbesola went to my Osun state (my state) begin to copy his formal master "fashola"  recruited 20,000 youth on total take home of N10,000 per month, these youth are own 2 months salaries as at now,

ACN politicians are as useless as their PDP counterparts,

why our press refuse to carry any negative things about these ACN politician ? i believe Tinubu has enough money to buy them up,
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Hardeyorlah(f): 7:11am On Jun 29, 2011
Nigerian have been known 2 b opmistics,we av been known 2 smile under inconveniency
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 29, 2011
Hardeyorlah:

Nigerian have been known 2 b opmistics,we av been known 2 smile under inconveniency  
I believe you.what else could be worse than some travelling to libya by foot when their homeland can't provide for their basic needs.Naija na real place for suffering and smiling !
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by babaowo: 7:51am On Jun 29, 2011
well if there is any place on earth to compare hell-fire? Is nigeria.so if you a nigerian you need to be happy and not afraid of hell anymore because you already in it.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by agitator: 7:55am On Jun 29, 2011
tell the youths to leave tribal sentiments and we will come together and progress.

In Nigeria, people take more interest on others personal matters/issues than collective issues.

We should look more into what affects everybody and leave individual tastes provided it doesn't affect others for the individuals to deal with.

E.g Boko harem wants to islamise(religion) Nigeria, which should be a personal matter for an adult, and are fighting, dying for this course. Whereas the same people can't fight corruption in their domain which affects everybody.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by agitator: 7:57am On Jun 29, 2011
babaowo:

well if there is any place on earth to compare hell-fire? Is nigeria.so if you a nigerian you need to be happy and not afraid of hell anymore because you already in it.

lol grin grin grin grin grin
that's why Nigerians are rugged. the can survive in any situation they find themselves grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by Hoteph(m): 8:00am On Jun 29, 2011
Our country is in disarray the name Nigeria is more of a curse than a blessing 2015 is the dead line .
We either divide and live in peace as nation state or live together and suffer in the name of 1 Nigeria.
Let us accept the fact that its not working and its never gonna work

gossshhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by calebrita(m): 8:28am On Jun 29, 2011
THE BEST THING WE CAN ALL DO IS TO CHANGE OUR ORIENTATION AND SCHOOL OF THOUGHT.
THEN THE NEXT IS TO SIT DOWN AND AFFECT PEOPLE THAT ARE NEXT TO US.
THINGS IN THIS COUNTRY ARE FAR BEYOND WHAT WE SHOULD TAKE AS CHILD'S PLAY.
PLEASE I WILL BEG EVERY MEMBER OF NAIRALAND THAT WE SHOULD ALL BE REFORMED AND RE-ALIGN OUR SCHOOL OF THOUGHTS WE CAN NOW TELL THE WHOLE WORLD THAT WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD.
FURTHERMORE FAMILY IS THE BASIC UNIT OF THE SOCIETY, LET INFLUENCE OUR FAMILY MEMBERS THEN BEFORE WE KNOW IT EVERYBODY WILL BE READY TO FIGHT THE CAUSE REMEMBER 1) FIGHT TO FINISH NOT FIGHT AND RUN
2) NEVER SAY DIE UNTIL THE BONES ARE ROTTEN
3) IT IS NOT OVER UNTIL IT IS OVER.
WE IN NAIRALAND ARE MORE THAN ENOUGH TO EFFECT / IMPACT CHANGES IN THIS COUNTRY.
ITS JUST A PIECES OF ADVICE OOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by leenu11: 8:31am On Jun 29, 2011
We WILL continue to languish in this state of poverty and discontentment.

When we had the chance to elect someone who had been proven to be corruption-free and promised to tackle it with the last drop of his blood,
we, because of religious and tribal sentiments, voted for a nincompoop.

Let no one complain about this dispensation, because the ELECTORATE brought this on themselves.
Re: Questions every Nigerian should answer by UmarSanda: 8:39am On Jun 29, 2011
Dats exactly wat am saying,instead youth com here and argue abt tribe n religion,if we dnt unite n see ourself as NIGERIANS,we wont have d strenght to effect d much needed change. Dnt 4gt dis ppl up there dnt care abt us,dey put tribe n religion aside wen lootin our treasury. If we start a protest n ask 4 wat we want,dey wil do it,hence we show them d language dey undrstand "VIOLENCE. We strongly need a revolution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gerrard Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Sets Up Panel To Investigate Cause / Shettima Gets Humiliated In Owerri, Governor Hope Tries To Intervene & Failed / Between Igbos, Wike And Rivers People. My Question Is..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.