Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? (765 Views)

Fact Check: Did Queen Elizabeth II Throw Food To African Kids In Viral Video? / Fact-check: Did Russian Space Agency Threaten To Strand American Astronaut In Sp / Russia Vs Ukraine: The Lies, Misinformation And Outright Propaganda (Fact Check) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by sapientia(m): 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2022
I would prefer not to use any western media since I'm not ready to lose brain cells responding to trash. I hope Aljezeera is acceptable to all "everything is western propaganda gang"

Arab spring started on 18 Dec 2010 after the self-immolation of Mohamed Bouazizi on 17 December 2010. In Libya, major protests started on 17th Feb 2011.

Ghadafi was accused of fighting a ruthless war and indiscriminately killing civilians by the Arab League

After he warned the residents of Benghazi on 13 March that he was coming, the Arab league called on the UN security council to enforce a no fly zone over Libya same day.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2011/3/12/arab-states-seek-libya-no-fly-zone

By 14th March 2011, UN could not get a consensus because Russia was more concerned on who will implement the No fly Zone.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2011/3/14/un-wrangles-over-libya-no-fly-zone

After all the diplomatic actions have been exhausted, the UN security council authorized a no fly zone over Libya for all military aircraft.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2011/3/18/un-authorises-no-fly-zone-over-libya

Now comes the matter of enforcing it since it's not only a costly venture but a hard to enforce. The need was urgent as nations continued contacting Gaddafi for a ceasefire.

Luckly for the Libyan civilians, USA and few allies were able to fill the gap and enforced the no fly zone which was initiated by Arab League and authorized by the UNSC

It's wasn't until 25th March that 28 countries including NATO agreed to enforce the no fly zone.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2011/3/25/nato-to-police-libya-no-fly-zone

Which begs the questions, How did USA invade Libya and removed Gaddafi or is it just out of pure hatred and ignorance that makes people rant that?

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by sapientia(m): 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2022
I quickly did this because many gullible Africans have been brain washed by Russia Bots to believe that USA just invaded Libya and killed a hero

I will do a quick piece on Iraq and how Saddam doomed himself by irrational actions.

China is what it is today because they outsmarted USA not because they have nuclear weapons. Wishing war with USA and threatening them doesn't go well.

vibre:
What of the invasion of iraq and the removal of Saddam? Do an article on that one and how the US stood before the united nations and lied that Saddam had WMDs and even when the UN refused to buy the lies and refused to authorize any invasion, the US still went ahead to invade Iraq and removed Saddam as president.

Can you Google what it means to enforce a no fly zone

You can do it

So simple

vibre:
And it's even a big lie that the US only enforced a no fly zone over Libya, they went in there and literally became the air force of the rebel fighters, they bombed the hell out of Libyan troops and rendered them incapable of resisting the advancing rebels. So if you look at it critically,the US did invade Libya and remove Gaddafi
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by Xtopherwalkings: 5:21pm On Mar 04, 2022
undecided according to your briefing now, I don't even know what to say, but somepeople jumps on topic they don't understand and pick sides that suit them, people just like to be or sound intelligent in what they don't know.
Anything like history topic I try as much as possible not to comment because assumption to me is a rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by vibre: 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2022
What of the invasion of iraq and the removal of Saddam? Do an article on that one and how the US stood before the united nations and lied that Saddam had WMDs and even when the UN refused to buy the lies and refused to authorize any invasion, the US still went ahead to invade Iraq and removed Saddam as president.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2022
The US was part of a multi-state coalition enforcing a UN resolution designed to create no-fly zones during the revolt against Gaddafi.

The United Nations Security Counsel decided to intervene and stop Gaddafi before he killed many of his own people which he stated he wanted to and in a speach used the expression “ kill them as rats”. The NATO which is an International organisation were given permission by the United Nations to use military force to ensure the safety of the civilians in Libya.
He gadaffi strengthened his economy, still he did evil and had quite a few enemies who wanted him dead.
https://www.haaretz.com/gadhafi-s-crimes-revealed-1.5315653
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by Gentlevip: 5:26pm On Mar 04, 2022
You could be banned for being pro-russia. I can't say pro-truth, because I could be the neowestern target
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by Deffjam: 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2022
Yo have time oooo...... explanation to who exactly?? Anybody that believes the great USA invaded Libya..so be it...
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by vibre: 5:34pm On Mar 04, 2022
And it's even a big lie that the US only enforced a no fly zone over Libya, they went in there and literally became the air force of the rebel fighters, they bombed the hell out of Libyan troops and rendered them incapable of resisting the advancing rebels. So if you look at it critically,the US did invade Libya and remove Gaddafi
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by Northernblood5(m): 5:41pm On Mar 04, 2022
That is how they said that USA invaded CUBA cheesy
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by sanpipita(m): 5:42pm On Mar 04, 2022
There's a lot of resources to know what happened in Libya, a bit google search of here and there but people choose gullibility.
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by HigherEd: 5:50pm On Mar 04, 2022
Thank you for this. People fail to realize that it was the Arab league highly influenced by Saudi Arabia who gave the death sentence to muammar Gaddafi.

Lalasticlala
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by panafrican(m): 6:24pm On Mar 04, 2022
YES, the U.S. did invade Libya.
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by joyandfaith: 7:31pm On Mar 04, 2022
sapientia:
I would prefer not to use any western media since I'm not ready to lose brain cells responding to trash. I hope Aljezeera is acceptable to all "[b]everything is western propaganda gang"
[/b]

Arab spring started on 18 Dec 2010 after the self-immolation of Mohamed Bouazizi on 17 December 2010. In Libya, major protests started on 17th Feb 2011.

Ghadafi was accused of fighting a ruthless war and indiscriminately killing civilians by the Arab League

After he warned the residents of Benghazi on 13 March that he was coming, the Arab league called on the UN security council to enforce a no fly zone over Libya same day.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2011/3/12/arab-states-seek-libya-no-fly-zone

By 14th March 2011, UN could not get a consensus because Russia was more concerned on who will implement the No fly Zone.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2011/3/14/un-wrangles-over-libya-no-fly-zone

After all the diplomatic actions have been exhausted, the UN security council authorized a no fly zone over Libya for all military aircraft.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2011/3/18/un-authorises-no-fly-zone-over-libya

Now comes the matter of enforcing it since it's not only a costly venture but a hard to enforce. The need was urgent as nations continued contacting Gaddafi for a ceasefire.

Luckly for the Libyan civilians, USA and few allies were able to fill the gap and enforced the no fly zone which was initiated by Arab League and authorized by the UNSC

It's wasn't until 25th March that 28 countries including NATO agreed to enforce the no fly zone.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2011/3/25/nato-to-police-libya-no-fly-zone

Which begs the questions, How did USA invade Libya and removed Gaddafi or is it just out of pure hatred and ignorance that makes people rant that?

Beautiful. US and allies wouldn't invade any country if people are with their leaders.
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by joyandfaith: 7:31pm On Mar 04, 2022
panafrican:
YES, the U.S. did invade Libya.

Establishing no fly zone is not invasion.
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by tillaman(m): 7:50pm On Mar 04, 2022
Established and known fact
They are famed for invading countries and destabilizing governments
I’ll still love to relocate there though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by sapientia(m): 7:54pm On Mar 04, 2022
tillaman:
Established and known fact
They are famed for invading countries and destabilizing governments
I’ll still love to relocate there though

Yet you didn't drop a single proof to back up your claim

How did you get to the establishment?
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by Jokerman(m): 10:18pm On Mar 04, 2022
Only wicked people believe that USA killed Gaddafi
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by Inteltower: 10:20pm On Mar 04, 2022
Please don't deceive yourself with write ups without being on ground to get proofs

How do u compare Gadaffi providing free electricity, education, etc to it's citizens and the kill the rats phrase ?
Isn't that to u contradictory and would u deny those facts of the merits of the Libyan president during his reign

Do you know one of the major strategies of the US in distablizing the govt of a sovereign nation is to turn its people against the govt.
What happened in Ukraine 2014 ?

You just don't swallow things by lifting descriptions but find out what happens behind the scenes.

Where is Libya today after UN, US & her allies became Superman to their rescue

It's appalling how you present your contradictory facts. Because you confuse your readers and paint only one person as the villain with half or twisted based facts

Was laughing as I read this ur post.

If till now u don't know the commonest tool used by the US to destabilize another country's govt just to get their way then you can't justify any facts regarding what has lead to the Ukraine invasion

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by sapientia(m): 11:06pm On Mar 04, 2022
Inteltower:
Please don't deceive yourself with write ups without being on ground to get proofs

How do u compare Gadaffi providing free electricity, education, etc to it's citizens and the kill the rats phrase ?
Isn't that to u contradictory and would u deny those facts of the merits of the Libyan president during his reign

Do you know one of the major strategies of the US in distablizing the govt of a sovereign nation is to turn its people against the govt.
What happened in Ukraine 2014 ?

You just don't swallow things by lifting descriptions but find out what happens behind the scenes.

Where is Libya today after UN, US & her allies became Superman to their rescue

It's appalling how you present your contradictory facts. Because you confuse your readers and paint only one person as the villain with half or twisted based facts

Was laughing as I read this ur post.

If till now u don't know the commonest tool used by the US to destabilize another country's govt just to get their way then you can't justify any facts regarding what has lead to the Ukraine invasion

Is USA in control of Arab League?

Are you saying that once you can provide basic amenities you have the right to kill your citizens

Either you are a kid or an illiterate when it happened

Some of us actually followed the events of Arab spring

Imagine I used CNN or BBC as source
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by Rugaria: 11:14pm On Mar 04, 2022
A No Fly Zone means that the warring parties can do whatever they are doing that are within the international laws without using war planes. Essentially, bombing raids must not be carried out as a means of fighting off the enemy. That's what it means. Nothing more nothing else. The United Nations security council voted to impose a No Fly Zone over Libya at the behest of the NATO members of the council. But out of the 5 countries in The United Nations security council, 2 countries abstained, that's Russia and China. So it was the league of imperialists in the council that voted for that No Fly Zone.

They will then go to Libya and within hours, they eliminated the Libyan air defence systems. Then they proceeded to bomb all Libyan Air Force Jets and even commercial aircrafts packed at the Airforce bases and the civilian airports respectively. You would have expected them to stop there but they had other ideas. They bombed Gaddafis presidential palace and killed many. Bombed TV stations, Police stations, Army baracks. Bombed his young sons house and killed him and his daughter there. And then went out of their ways to bomb every Libyan army position at the war front, untill the ISIS terrorists they were supporting took over Libya. How can anyone justify that?

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by Inteltower: 11:40pm On Mar 04, 2022
sapientia:

Is USA in control of Arab League?

Are you saying that once you can provide basic amenities you have the right to kill your citizens

Either you are a kid or an illiterate when it happened

Some of us actually followed the events of Arab spring

Imagine I used CNN or BBC as source

Glad u can avoid my questions
That's what an illiterate does.

See ur mouth as basic amenities. Did u actually knew his plans for his citizens.
If it were basic ur stupid government would have done even more he did.
He brought a system different from the West, especially US. Even pressure other African countries to break free from the imperialism of former colonial masters.

There are things as leader u see but can't elaborate enough to ur people, because generally a flock of people are driven by emotions and it's easy to manipulate a person when emotional

Shey their eyes (libyans) don clear where are they now ?
And the current terrorism is perpetuated mostly by which set of people with a particular religion of violence.

Common sense is truly not common
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by Ddokie: 2:22am On Mar 05, 2022
I suppose it would be nice if you watched this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l9-wxnCnu4

They use the word "Intervene", but it was simply an invasion. Read carefully what Rugaria said up there, and tell me its not an invasion.

America did the worst thing possible to Libya.

Here is another video of Hilary on Libya:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuWNzBO-UP4

Note the words she used "we have had him captured a couple of times". I'm sure you know what that means - The US has been trying to capture him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DXDU48RHLU
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by Detuner: 4:07am On Mar 05, 2022
sapientia:
I would prefer not to use any western media since I'm not ready to lose brain cells responding to trash. I hope Aljezeera is acceptable to all "everything is western propaganda gang"

Sorry to bust your bubble, but Qatari Govt sponsored media Aljazeera is also a pro-western media. Aljazeera lost its credibility long before the Arab Spring. Remember the days when Aljazeera offices were targeted for bombardment (by US) during invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, and their Journalists killed or arrested by Pro-western dictator regimes in the middle east? THAT was when Aljazeera was Aljazeera. The Qatari govt refused to interfere in its operation and Qatar almost became a pariah state, eventually it succumbed to pressure. Now Aljazeera media is no different from MSNBC or France24.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by sapientia(m): 8:09am On Mar 05, 2022
Detuner:

Sorry to bust your bubble, but Qatari Govt sponsored media Aljazeera is also a pro-western media. Aljazeera lost its credibility long before the Arab Spring. Remember the days when Aljazeera offices were targeted for bombardment (by US) during invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, and their Journalists killed or arrested by Pro-western dictator regimes in the middle east? THAT was when Aljazeera was Aljazeera. The Qatari govt refused to interfere in its operation and Qatar almost became a pariah state, eventually it succumbed to pressure. Now Aljazeera media is no different from MSNBC or France24.

Bubble buster

Which media should be trusted

Tell me and watch me still use it to disgrace you
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by Detuner: 5:31am On Mar 06, 2022
sapientia:

Bubble buster

Which media should be trusted

Tell me and watch me still use it to disgrace you

Mr "I too know" did I just hurt your ego, cos I dare have a different opinion?

Well unlike you, I do not trust any media, so I wont suggest any media should be trusted, cos no media is free from propaganda. I watch Pro-western and anti-western News, and make my own judgement, and that'll be my advice to you as well. Al-manar is on my list of "not pro-western" news media; oya over to you. grin
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by Elporo(m): 5:57am On Mar 06, 2022
sapientia:

Clown!
Re: Fact Check: Did Usa Invade Libya? by seunny4lif(m): 6:10am On Mar 06, 2022
I was in Libya during the war, lost many guys due to NATO airstrike on their building.
Libya the best country, I have ever lived.
No Gadaffi No Libya
That’s Libya Motto

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Twitter Responses As Russia Refuses To Pick Washington's Call / US,NATO Mercineries Surrounded In Soledar As WAGNER Takes Control Of The City / Obama! He Is Not Just A President, He Is A World Celebrity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.