Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers (18223 Views)

Buhari Fires AEDC Management Over Strike / AEDC Slashes Power Bill By More Than 68% In Compliance With NERC's Order (Pics) / Melaye’s Children Sleep In Darkness After Police Refused AEDC To Reconnect Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Fryzi(m): 7:12am On Mar 05, 2022
It was when the weather became very hot & unbearable AEDC decided to show their incompetency.
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 05, 2022
WonderManly:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/515269-aedc-gives-reason-for-low-power-outage-apologises-to-customers.html?fbclid=IwAR0PAT358oxvP5vfRpeq3PYJIQN_JitaUYe8NfvNWsFi32_0XkhQ7BaAg94

Nigeria is a failed state. We sold electricity to other African countries that now have stable electricity but we don’t have enough for ourselves.
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Iamnotfearyou: 7:22am On Mar 05, 2022
[quote author=sparkyJ post=110757052]Na now dey break abi?[/quote
Like they just discovered our source of power supply yesterday and would want to start doing something about it today...........fake and daft people sleeping and praying over practical issues........they just like the lawyer turn power minister obviously know nothing and can offer nothing
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Iamnotfearyou: 7:22am On Mar 05, 2022
Like they just discovered our source of power supply yesterday and would want to start doing something about it today...........fake and daft people sleeping and praying over practical issues........they just like the lawyer turn power minister obviously know nothing and can offer nothing

1 Like

Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by TruthTella(m): 7:32am On Mar 05, 2022
Kpengla:
Seun your new supermod has serious deficiency in his English language skills...your headlines are an awful mess

What is the person's moniker?
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by ogascomax: 7:41am On Mar 05, 2022
I remember some time ago when some people here that just lack wisdom and sense saying that the government has generated so much power but the problem is distributing it. Shame on all of you. Some people will just be supporting stupidity and I wonder what kind of humans some of you are. You can't different wrong from right.

1 Like

Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by buchilino(m): 7:48am On Mar 05, 2022
CryptoTeacher:
With the current scarcity of fuel in the country, why won't power generation also have problem.

By the way, it's not low power outage. It's low power supply because if the outage is low, it means there's enough power supply and no need to tender an apology. Kindly correct the title, OP.

KAI OYIBO OOO, I WONDER IF ITALIANS SPEND MORE LIKE WE DO, TO CORRECT DER OYIBO. HMMM
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by kay29000(m): 7:49am On Mar 05, 2022
Kpengla:
Seun your new supermod has serious deficiency in his English language skills...your headlines are an awful mess

I swear. "Low power outage"... SMH

1 Like

Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Devil1Messenger: 7:52am On Mar 05, 2022
backbencher:

Because Nigerians do not want to pay the market price for fuel and light.

That is why the problem will persist, when Buhari goes, and why the problem was there before he came.

You cannot bring in fuel at N282 and sell it at N162, and not expect problems. Also, power costs over N80 per kwh to produce, yet we sell it at N71, and lower. And you think there would be no problem?

No profit, bad service.
Ur analysis is wrong
Nigeria has enough oil, solar, gas and hydro resources, and it has the potential to generate 12,522 MW of electric power from existing plants. most days, it is only able to dispatch around 4,000 MW, which is insufficient for a country of over 200million people. The 4000MW mostly come from hydro. It has nothing to do with the price. As for the fuel, the solution its for us to have refineries not what u are suggesting. We take those things from here to them to refine and bring it back with so much money and expect to put that amount on citizens, when govt can easily build refineries and the price of fuel will fall drastically

1 Like

Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by kay29000(m): 7:52am On Mar 05, 2022
backbencher:

Because Nigerians do not want to pay the market price for fuel and light.

That is why the problem will persist, when Buhari goes, and why the problem was there before he came.

You cannot bring in fuel at N282 and sell it at N162, and not expect problems. Also, power costs over N80 per kwh to produce, yet we sell it at N71, and lower. And you think there would be no problem?

No profit, bad service.

Exactly. Especially the Power issue. I know communities that don't even pay for power the use, yet they keep blaming government. They will be talking of other countries enjoying steady power supply, but they don't know how strict the government of those countries are on people not paying for power... Once you don't pay, they disconnect you immediately.

1 Like

Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by afamaustin(m): 7:53am On Mar 05, 2022
Apc HV failed in everything
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by CryptoTeacher(m): 8:07am On Mar 05, 2022
buchilino:

KAI OYIBO OOO, I WONDER IF ITALIANS SPEND MORE LIKE WE DO, TO CORRECT DER OYIBO. HMMM

Italians do not have to correct their English because it's not their official language. When you make a language your official language, using it well is a responsible thing to do. By the way I wouldn't have bothered about any error if the topic conveyed the actual message.

Try and stop writing in capital letters. It doesn't make your points better.

1 Like

Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by buchilino(m): 8:12am On Mar 05, 2022
CryptoTeacher:

Italians do not have to correct their English because it's not their official language. When you make a language your official language, using it well is a responsible thing to do. By the way I wouldn't have bothered about any error if the topic conveyed the actual message.

Try and stop writing in capital letters. It doesn't make your points better.

ONE: I DON'T TELL U WAT TO DO OR WAT NOT TO DO.
TWO: ON PAPER, OYIBO IS OFFICIAL LANGUAGE, HAVE U EVEN LISTENED TO UR PRESIDENT WEN HE SPEAKS ENGLISH. HE DOESN'T SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH BUT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WAT HIS COMMUNICATING. IF A SENDS MESSAGE TO B, N B RESPOND, COMMUNICATION HAS TAKEN PLACE MY DEAR.

1 Like

Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by CryptoTeacher(m): 8:15am On Mar 05, 2022
buchilino:

ONE: I DON'T TELL U WAT TO DO OR WAT NOT TO DO.
TWO: ON PAPER, OYIBO IS OFFICIAL LANGUAGE, HAVE U EVEN LISTENED TO UR PRESIDENT WEN HE SPEAKS ENGLISH. HE DOESN'T SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH BUT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WAT HIS COMMUNICATING. IF A SENDS MESSAGE TO B, N B RESPOND, COMMUNICATION HAS TAKEN PLACE MY DEAR.

It's difficult to understand you. I understand the president better.
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by shevchenko(m): 8:20am On Mar 05, 2022
Kpengla:
Is English Nigerias official language
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by buchilino(m): 8:20am On Mar 05, 2022
CryptoTeacher:

It's difficult to understand you. I understand the president better.

AT LEAST WE AGREE ON SOMETHING
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by MoneyGoDrop: 8:39am On Mar 05, 2022
EEDC haven't given us electricity for two days now since the rainfall. I really hate rainfalls in Nigeria because it seems to come with a lot of wahala for our electricity. Ukrainians still have electricity even after almost 2weeks of invasion but here,it's always a different case.
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Pholadime(m): 8:51am On Mar 05, 2022
Since they know how to apologize, we customers too shouldn't pay for what we didn't use.
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 05, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Ur analysis is wrong
Nigeria has enough oil, solar, gas and hydro resources, and it has the potential to generate 12,522 MW of electric power from existing plants. most days, it is only able to dispatch around 4,000 MW, which is insufficient for a country of over 200million people. The 4000MW mostly come from hydro. It has nothing to do with the price. As for the fuel, the solution its for us to have refineries not what u are suggesting. We take those things from here to them to refine and bring it back with so much money and expect to put that amount on citizens, when govt can easily build refineries and the price of fuel will fall drastically

Well, yeah, but to maintain and expand that capacity, you need to make a profit selling power. To fix the transmission, you need to make enough of a profit selling power to raise the money

I can have 1000 acres of tomato under cultivation, but if I am selling at a loss, the same way DISCOS and GENCOS sell power at a loss, I would be losing money.

As for fuel, the same thing. In order to keep petrol subsidised, NNPC sold fuel at a loss, the result of which not enough profit to keep up our refineries, or to build new ones, and thus they all broke down.
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Nyanyafk: 8:56am On Mar 05, 2022
Please try and get your prepaid metre even if you have to buy it yourself, we have barely had any electricity for three weeks now, I don't care because I have a prepaid metre , they won't see a dime from me till they give me light, that is why they don't want people to have prepaid metres

1 Like

Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by BelovedofLord: 8:59am On Mar 05, 2022
GET a prepaid meter to stop the arbitary non-stop extortions!
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Ferdinandu(m): 9:01am On Mar 05, 2022
The same excuse of low level of water in dam yearly since I was born. Stupid people keep your excuses to yourself and do the work you are supposed to do
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by federal9: 9:02am On Mar 05, 2022
The reason is more than one. Why does the headline say "reason"?
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Devil1Messenger: 9:05am On Mar 05, 2022
backbencher:

Well, yeah, but to maintain and expand that capacity, you need to make a profit selling power. To fix the transmission, you need to make enough of a profit selling power to raise the money

I can have 1000 acres of tomato under cultivation, but if I am selling at a loss, the same way DISCOS and GENCOS sell power at a loss, I would be losing money.

As for fuel, the same thing. In order to keep petrol subsidised, NNPC sold fuel at a loss, the result of which not enough profit to keep up our refineries, or to build new ones, and thus they all broke down.
There are a lot of ways to generate revenue to finance these projects without putting burden on the citizen. The cost of governance is too high. Just take off 50% they pay to senators and house of rep members and even the presidency and stop the allowances for a while, but they won't do it
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 05, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

There are a lot of ways to generate revenue to finance these projects without putting burden on the citizen. The cost of governance is too high. Just take off 50% they pay to senators and house of rep members and even the presidency and stop the allowances for a while, but they won't do it

1.Taking off 50% of the senators and reps won't pay for the costs of production. To put things in perspective, budget for national assembly is at least 1.5 trillion naira in total. Half of that is 500 billion naira. Subsidy costs in both the power and petrol sectors exceed 2 trillon annually...and they are rising. Projects cost is even higher...we need to do a lot of building and repairing. Power sector, even when they have a good year, are always at least one trillion naira short of what they need to fix things.

2.At the end of the day, the priniciple is still the same. Run power and petrol profitably, and they would grow. The GSM folks were allowed to charge whatever they wanted...even when service was so poor (at one point someone could not call a Econet, now Airtel line with an MTN line, which is how Nigerians started having two sim cards)..and they used the profit to fix things.

3.The problem with your argument is that you can extend it to other sectors. Like government can wake up and say that yam is too expensive and force yam sellers to sell yam at n200 per tuber. Where is the yam seller going to get money to pay his supplier, and by extension the transporters, and the farmers that produce the yam, at N200 per tuber.?
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by lageo(m): 9:26am On Mar 05, 2022
“AEDC knows full well the place and role of electricity to life, economy, and security,’’ he said.
Lies
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Devil1Messenger: 9:49am On Mar 05, 2022
backbencher:

1.Taking off 50% of the senators and reps won't pay for the costs of production. To put things in perspective, budget for national assembly is at least 1.5 trillion naira in total. Half of that is 500 billion naira. Subsidy costs in both the power and petrol sectors exceed 2 trillon annually...and they are rising. Projects cost is even higher...we need to do a lot of building and repairing. Power sector, even when they have a good year, are always at least one trillion naira short of what they need to fix things.

2.At the end of the day, the priniciple is still the same. Run power and petrol profitably, and they would grow. The GSM folks were allowed to charge whatever they wanted...even when service was so poor (at one point someone could not call a Econet, now Airtel line with an MTN line, which is how Nigerians started having two sim cards)..and they used the profit to fix things.

3.The problem with your argument is that you can extend it to other sectors. Like government can wake up and say that yam is too expensive and force yam sellers to sell yam at n200 per tuber. Where is the yam seller going to get money to pay his supplier, and by extension the transporters, and the farmers that produce the yam, at N200 per tuber.?
Do that 50% for 4years and use it to build refineries. Nobody is asking them to subsidise. This govt never believed in subsidy until they came in. Why couldn't they used the idea they had then which is build more standard refineries and end this subsidy once and for all. They won't because they are benefiting from it. There is more to this subsidy issue than we read on papers.
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Devil1Messenger: 9:57am On Mar 05, 2022
backbencher:

Do that 50% for 4years and use it to build refineries. Nobody is asking them to subsidise. This govt never believed in subsidy until they came in. Why couldn't they used the idea they had then which is build more standard refineries and end this subsidy once and for all. They won't because they are benefiting from it. There is more to this subsidy issue than we read on papers.
And if we don't do the needful now, the price of fuel will continue to increase. The more population increase, the more the demand will increase and the more govt will have to pay to bring it , thereby resulting into increment in price. The amount OBJ govt spent in bringing it, wasn't the same Yaradua and GEJ spent, isn't the same buhari govt is paying now. Logistics and cost of refining will definitely increase with time and that will in turn affect the final price. U pay money to transport it to abroad and u pay money to bring it back when everything can be done here.
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Nicepoker(m): 9:57am On Mar 05, 2022
"low power outage" see the kind of people seun is paying to run the platform. grin
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 05, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Do that 50% for 4years and use it to build refineries.

We need far more than that to build one refinery.

Nobody is asking them to subsidise.

Building refineries in Nigeria does not mean cheap fuel. Refineries cost money to maintain, and expand and upgrade, plus refining fuel is a very expensive process.

Niger has oil and refines fuel at home. One liter costs N350.

Even the fuel we refine abroad in substandard refineries costs N250 at least, if not more, per liter to produce.

Subsides are there because 1) Nigerians want them 2) Nigerians want them 3) Governments prefer them, because they are scared of the implicaitons of no subsides (prices being higher for everything else). The subsidies on the other hand are bad for our economy and refining capacity.

This govt never believed in subsidy until they came in. Why couldn't they used the idea they had then which is build more standard refineries and end this subsidy once and for all. They won't because they are benefiting from it. There is more to this subsidy issue than we read on papers.

Because, governments in Nigeria are afraid of the high price bit resulting from removing subsides., and that includes this government (Buhari would have kept fuel at N87, if Emefiele and Kalichukwu had not talked him out of it in 2015). I myself support subsidy removal totally, and have done so since 2012, but anytime I suggest it on this site, I get cursed to high heavens.

Removing subsidy would have guaranteed increased investment in domestic refining..in plain englisch, more refineries.
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Kpengla(m): 10:30am On Mar 05, 2022
shevchenko:

Is English Nigerias official language

Mumu
Re: AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers by Femi8586(m): 10:34am On Mar 05, 2022
sparkyJ:
Na now dey break abi?

At least, they gave reasons and tendered an apology to their customers which is the right thing to do.

You people can never be satisfied no matter how one tries.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OBIdients Organize Free Tutorial Classes For Northern Women & Children (Pics) / Okorocha: I Won't Contest Presidency In 2019 Because Of Buhari / Twitter User Claims Women Arrested In Oyigbo By The Army Were Raped, Tortured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.