Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine (20001 Views)

Russia Celebrates 9th Anniversary Of Crimean Reunification With Russia / Propaganda Filters The Truth About Ukraine On Russian Media / China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 06, 2022
[post=110777764]Putin don give them mind.Now,it's the time for India to hijack Pakistan.

Look at this one here.

India can't even try that rubbish.
As today Pakistan has more NUKES THAN INDIA.

SO INDIA WILL NEVER IN THE IMAGINATION WILL THINK OF THAT
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Parachoko: 10:33am On Mar 06, 2022
oldtruth:

Although I shouldn't have commented on a daft human comment of yours. A government with his own currency, his own government is what your stupid self is shouting from your dirty abode?

Taiwan has the right and they have been exercising it before your failed linage who trained you to support bullies
Taiwan is an independent country that's not even recognize as one by the UN grin

The UN sees it as a province in PRC

You can keep on showing how stupid you are sha

Nah you sabi
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Parachoko: 10:34am On Mar 06, 2022
oldtruth:

Very daft human. Taiwan since 1945 have been independent. They have their sovereignty. For your dull mind, Taiwan was under Japanese colonial rule as a result of the 1895 Treaty of Shimonoseki, by which the Qing ceded Taiwan to Japan.

If Taiwan today says they want to be alone and have already decided he themselves why bully them? Not your fault a bit. Just a dull brain you are
Let me see you how foolish you are

Which year did Taiwan declare itself as an independent country?

And why has it not been part of the UN since this 1945 you said it become an independent country?

And again, why are you this pained about this Taiwan issue, even the Taiwanese see themselves as China, that's why they are unofficially called the Republic Of China

According to their constitution, Mainland China and Mongolia is part of Republic Of China

I dey give you facts, and even tell you about what is written in their constitution, but you are just here wailing unnecessary
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Nova1988(m): 10:37am On Mar 06, 2022
Sebastine1994:
Just imagine that Africa was a giant,
That we utilize our great talents.

Africa became a world power.

If there are no Africans running to the west or east

A United Africa is bad business for the west or east. A technologically advanced Africa is bad business for the east or west.

We are making these idiots rich and they feel powerful, the day that Africa finds its place in the world, forget it. Russia is gone

I agree with you bruv, that's why they killed gadaffi.
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Parachoko: 10:41am On Mar 06, 2022
Oscillator:
just as southern Cameroon is Nigeria and Indonesia and Pakistan is India.

Stupid!
How is Southern Cameroon part of Nigeria? Why some of you no just get sense like this?

Is Pakistan recognise by the UN as an Independent country?

Is ROC(Taiwan) recognise as an independent country by the UN?

Nigeria and Cameroon was a creation of the white men

China has been existing before England was created sef

Taiwan has been existing as a province in China since the 2nd century.
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Chienex24(m): 10:43am On Mar 06, 2022
Jackanda1:
I get. But it's necesary for Countries whoes existence are threatened by so called superpowers to develop nukes.

If ukraine possesd nukes do you think Putin would've had the guts to invade?

Of course not!! Putin wouldn't have, but every country's existence will be threatened in one way or the othe as time goes on, either with neighbouring countries about territories, or just a spark of misunderstanding between two different countries... The truth is, as long as man rules this world, wars are bound to happen and it only transforms as time goes by

Even if all the countries of the world have nuclear weapons, do you think there will be no wars? Your guess is as good as mine!!
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by maasoap(m): 10:50am On Mar 06, 2022
History555:

China that runs a trade surplus of $350 billion with america is at mercy of the uncle sam
All the us coys manufacturing in china can move else where. Worse case scenario the us govt will half corporate taxes to draw them back to america
China holds trillions of dollars worth of us debt. If they want their money, uncle sam will turn on the printing press. But then what will china do with the money. They will either buy another country's debt or use it to import goods

Yeah they will, overnight. Like you're using a catapult to shoot a stone from China to Japan, that's kids' talk.
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by ponziponzi(m): 10:51am On Mar 06, 2022
Oscillator:
southern Cameroon was part of Nigeria until 1963.

Pakistan and India and Indonesia were one country until it was split.

China and Taiwan split after a civil war and the later has been self-governed since the 1940's.

So how does Taiwan belong to China if Pakistan won't belong to India.

Again, Taiwan and China are not split; that’s why Taiwan is not an independent country. Both the government in Taiwan and in Mainland China are claiming to be the legitimate one. So unlike the other countries you mentioned above, you can’t recognise both government at the same time— it’s either you recognise the one in Taiwan or the one in Mainland China.

A better example will be if Bokoharam in Sambisa and FG in Abuja both claiming to be the legitimate ruling government of Nigeria.
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by REALCASE: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2022
Parachoko:
Taiwan is a Chinese territory, it has always been part of China.

China will always see Taiwan as part of her territory which is rightly so.

Taiwan belongs to China.

Taiwanese are Chinese.

Macau, Taiwan and Hong Kong will eventually be absorbed into China by force or through a peaceful way.
Taiwan wants to be independent irrespective of the relationship they share,.why must china Force them? Probably to oppressed them
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Parachoko: 11:08am On Mar 06, 2022
REALCASE:
Taiwan wants to be independent irrespective of the relationship they share,.why must china Force them? Probably to oppressed them
Do you know Taiwan do claim mainland China and Mongolia as part of their territory?

Do you know it is written in the ROC(Taiwan) constitution that, China and Mongolia is part of Republic of China(Taiwan).

As at last year, in Taiwan Constitution, it still states, Mongolia and Mainland China is part of Taiwan.

Any Taiwan leader that works towards Taiwan becoming an independent country will be impeached.
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by 24brains(m): 11:08am On Mar 06, 2022
Samuelxxx:

Bro igbo belongs to Nigeria and have no right to form a country I believe in Nigeria very soon tribalism will be a thing of the past so don’t be shortsighted
did you read to understanding before quoting me? I said "states" not "country". Now take note that every state has its territorial integrity and a state(northern) should not subjugate neither dominate nor invade another(southern) in the name of one NIGERIA.

same implies to a sovereign country to respect the integrity of another's sovereignity. just as in the case of RUSSIA and UKRAINE in the name of "one russia". also, CHINA and TAIWAN in the name of "one china."
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by bepositive11: 11:33am On Mar 06, 2022
karnafiu03:
Just like someone said above, America will soon land herself into big mess. I know Zelenzkky's thought was that EU or NATO will fight for them against Russia not knowing that all of them fear Russia like fire.

Putin is well prepared and ready war, because he knows he is not alone, Iran, China, Afghan, N Korea, Iraq, Belarus, Pakistan, and even India have been long waiting for how to Clear USA's doubt.
Imagine what USA did to Iraq, they claim they possess WMD only to see their troops ravaging Iraq gold reserve.

I'm tired of seeing ridiculous comments like this. Do you want to see WW3? Covid has done enough damage to humanity and the economy

Putin is already crying because of the sanctions. If the West should take on Russia in a war, they would be wiped out of this planet. The Russian economy is so bad now. Even Russians are trying to flee the country but the government has closed the borders.
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 06, 2022
Parachoko:

And why has it not been part of the UN since this 1945 you said it become an independent country?

And again, why are you this pained about this Taiwan issue, even the Taiwanese see themselves as China, that's why they are unofficially called the Republic Of China

According to their constitution, Mainland China and Mongolia is part of Republic Of China

I dey give you facts, and even tell you about what is written in their constitution, but you are just here wailing unnecessary

Which fact is this one just blabbing about? Taiwan is not being recognized by UN due to the fact that it is among the treaty signed by Japan to China.

Taiwan is a country with history. So sad you know nothing and no amount of word will open your skull.

1 Like

Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 06, 2022
Parachoko:
Taiwan is an independent country that's not even recognize as one by the UN grin

The UN sees it as a province in PRC

You can keep on showing how stupid you are sha

Nah you sabi

Na mumu you be? Is Taiwan the only country not recognized by UN? Why is this one so daft? Is that your only argument? So, does this means other countries don't recognize it?

China can never take Taiwan with force. Why am I even arguing with this low brain?
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by membranus: 11:50am On Mar 06, 2022
Parachoko:
I know we are saying the same thing.

Oh sorry, I misread you.
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Kingpele(m): 11:54am On Mar 06, 2022
[quote author=Areola14 post=110778122]It is only someone who doesn't know what is going on around the world will blame Russia... as for me I stand with Russia.... why is it that America always want to destroy any peaceful nation and turn it to war zone? Russia should never allow Ukraine to join nato because it will soon become a threat to Russia.... I know for sure China is solidly behind Russia because China want to reclaime Taiwan and Hong Kong... if China should support Russia in the war, definitely Russia will support China also to reclaim Hong Kong and Taiwan... rub my back and I rub your back!.. that is just the game.. Afghanistan and Iran are also looking forward for America fall....[ I wish u are typing this from Ukraine, or u have a relative like me that is schooling in Ukraine to fully understand your foolishness, America can never invade Mexico for whatever reason, rather Mexico see USA as a big brother, this is why they crossed to America in droves, but putin is killing his own brethren to prove he is tough ,that is madness, if he like let him burn down Ukraine, it can never affect USA,if he want to prove toughness, he should attack any NATO state in Europe then he will feel the full might of USA, putin is just a mad dog doing the works of his father the devil who has been a murderer from the beginning
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 06, 2022
Parachoko:

What you failed to understand is that as at the pre-existing Chinese government, the nationalist government of Taiwan was initially considered the legitimate government of China. Taiwan was given China's seat at the United Nations and was diplomatically recognized by many U.N. member nations.

So, talk what you know or just shut up!

3 Likes

Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by showafrica(m): 12:08pm On Mar 06, 2022
CryptoTeacher:
Russia will embolden many other nations to rise against another. Their unchecked invasion of Ukraine is an invitation for more of such actions across the globe.

Lol, na waiting i dey tell people say the tower of babel has just been destroyed. Every working country will either get Nuke or die trying. Putin just reduced NATO and EU to nothing. The world will take another dimension from now.
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 06, 2022
Parachoko:
Do you know Taiwan do claim mainland China and Mongolia as part of their territory?

Do you know it is written in the ROC(Taiwan) constitution that, China and Mongolia is part of Republic of China(Taiwan).

As at last year, in Taiwan Constitution, it still states, Mongolia and Mainland China is part of Taiwan.

Any Taiwan leader that works towards Taiwan becoming an independent country will be impeached.

Someone once said what you don't know a definitely bigger than you. You kept blabbing on things you know nothing about. So, in you own mind, Taiwan is just that Tony island with no history. Did you even know her history? If you do, try to be reasonable. Daft reasoning deforms
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by storm001(m): 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2022
CryptoTeacher:
Russia will embolden many other nations to rise against another. Their unchecked invasion of Ukraine is an invitation for more of such actions across the globe.

Don't join NATO and we will stay peaceful as usual, Ukraine said No.

So dont blame Russia, blame there Ukraine comedy president
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by cocoduck: 12:27pm On Mar 06, 2022
Areola14:
It is only someone who doesn't know what is going on around the world will blame Russia... as for me I stand with Russia.... why is it that America always want to destroy any peaceful nation and turn it to war zone? Russia should never allow Ukraine to join nato because it will soon become a threat to Russia.... I know for sure China is solidly behind Russia because China want to reclaime Taiwan and Hong Kong... if China should support Russia in the war, definitely Russia will support China also to reclaim Hong Kong and Taiwan... rub my back and I rub your back!.. that is just the game.. Afghanistan and Iran are also looking forward for America fall....
Wow! The idiocy on this forum is crass. Ukraine is not qualified to join NATO you dimwit. They have even applied and NATO shunned them. Ignorant fellow.
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by thunderbabs: 12:33pm On Mar 06, 2022
Make una kuku start WWIII... troublemakers everywhere
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2022
Sedonxavi:
And your subjectivity shows how stupid you are. Let me ask you why is America has not deployed their armed forces to assist Ukraine?

Ukraine is not part of NATO, and has no defense treaty with America
Meanwhile, I don't argue with t*rrorists because their points are based on deep-rooted religious sentiments
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by ChybuzzDD(m): 12:51pm On Mar 06, 2022
cocoduck:
Wow! The idiocy on this forum is crass. Ukraine is not qualified to join NATO you dimwit. They have even applied and NATO shunned them. Ignorant fellow.

You de mind these uninformed urchins

1 Like

Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
grin Make Nigeria hijack that land wey we give cameroun join
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by frog12: 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2022
someone from taiwan will always tell you straight, him no be chinese grin grin grin grin

Parachoko:

Taiwan belongs to China.

Taiwanese are Chinese.

Macau, Taiwan and Hong Kong will eventually be absorbed into China by force or through a peaceful way.
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by nextdoor84(m): 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2022
Parachoko:

Taiwan belongs to China.

Taiwanese are Chinese.

You are a very naive man! Oya go and take it now!! Taiwan �� is a democratic country, and so shall it remain. Do not forget that those ruling in Beijing are mere rebels and not the legitimate rulers of China, ROC with its headquarter in Taipei, is the real China, not the CCP communist. China belongs to Taiwan and not the other way round.
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by uniquetechng: 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2022
Areola14:
It is only someone who doesn't know what is going on around the world will blame Russia... as for me I stand with Russia.... why is it that America always want to destroy any peaceful nation and turn it to war zone? Russia should never allow Ukraine to join nato because it will soon become a threat to Russia.... I know for sure China is solidly behind Russia because China want to reclaime Taiwan and Hong Kong... if China should support Russia in the war, definitely Russia will support China also to reclaim Hong Kong and Taiwan... rub my back and I rub your back!.. that is just the game.. Afghanistan and Iran are also looking forward for America fall....
The people Taiwan has been living as Taiwanese since 1942 , thats longer than Nigeria as a nation. So why do you support China to make them Chinese by force when people in question dont see themselves as Chinese, they will never be happy in such environment. Same goes for Hong Kong, people should be allow freedom to choose who they want to be as a people not the other way round. Russia and China are two of the most evil countries in the world, not even the America people keep pointing accusing fingers at .
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Parachoko: 1:54pm On Mar 06, 2022
frog12:
someone from taiwan will always tell you straight, him no be chinese grin grin grin grin

This is a big lie

The name of Taiwan is unofficially called Republic Of China

It was Chinese from mainland China that migrated to Taiwan

No dey lie just to claim a point, make reaserch.

Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Parachoko: 2:01pm On Mar 06, 2022
nextdoor84:

You are a very naive man! Oya go and take it now!! Taiwan �� is a democratic country, and so shall it remain. Do not forget that those ruling in Beijing are mere rebels and not the legitimate rulers of China, ROC with its headquarter in Taipei, is the real China, not the CCP communist. China belongs to Taiwan and not the other way round.
Why did the Taiwan Representative step down from the seat of the Security Council for a representative from Mainland China?

Why is the UN not recognizing ROC as a sovereign country but this same UN recognize PRC as a sovereign state?
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by Parachoko: 2:08pm On Mar 06, 2022
nextdoor84:

ROC with its headquarter in Taipei, is the real China, not the CCP communist. China belongs to Taiwan and not the other way round.
You have no idea about this issue you're dabbling into.

Beijing was first choosing as the capital of China in 1206.

For absolute majority of the time there has been a united China, Beijing has always been the capital of China.

There was never a time in the history of china that Taipei has been the capital.

Taiwan is just a province of PRC
Re: China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine by WoundedLamb: 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2022
Of course, everyone is gonna redraw the map as it suits them. Cameroonians will take aby part of Nigeria that has cultural ties with them. Nigeria will take Southern Niger and Eastern Binin. Sovereignty is fast becoming a thing of the past. Imagine the precedence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Russian Scientists Condemn Ukraine Invasion / Trump bars visas for Immigrants who can't pay for healthcare / Russian Govt, Struggling Under Sanctions, Asks India For Supplies To Key Sectors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.