Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley (6150 Views)

How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy / Nigeria On Track To Overtake South Africa To Be Africa's Largest Economy By 2023 / Nigeria Banks Overtake South Africa’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by Hoodrat(m): 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2011
Lets not misquote Morgan Stanley, he is just trying to be nice and feed us with promises of hope cuz he was paid to do so. But mind you  he said Nigeria economy may Overtake South Africa by 2025 Not Nigeria Economy will Overtake south Africa by 2025 as you can see the obvious difference . So lets put a pause till 2025 to hear the Will,can,could,and would cuz they are been putt on hold for now cuz none of our leader has the gut to open his stinky mouth to say such because the street is fed up so they had to hire a white man to spit the trash. Keep on dreaming fellas.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2011
*Yawns*
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by erico2k2(m): 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2011
Hoodrat:

Lets not misquote Morgan Stanley, he is just trying to be nice and feed us with promises of hope cuz he was paid to do so. But mind you  he said Nigeria economy may Overtake South Africa by 2025 Not Nigeria Economy will Overtake south Africa by 2025 as you can see the obvious difference . So lets put a pause till 2025 to hear the Will,can,could,and would cuz they are been putt on hold for now cuz none of our leader has the gut to open his stinky mouth to say such because the street is fed up so they had to hire a white man to spit the trash. Keep on dreaming fellas.
May I ask you read the heading again and if I may just ask,DO YOU KNOW WHAT MORGAN STANLEY is? just cos you are reffering to them as HE? and a white MAN?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by Hoodrat(m): 10:38pm On Jun 29, 2011
As far as i know Morgan Stanley is a Global financial services companies and a market leader in securities, asset management base in united states im having a keyboard problem so i beg your pardon.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by candylips(m): 10:45pm On Jun 29, 2011
South Africa has Diamonds
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by na2(f): 11:23pm On Jun 29, 2011
good one but lets pray we see 2025 with this bombing every where like its hollywood acting action movie
undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by samoks(m): 1:44am On Jun 30, 2011
black.rules:

With these bombings?
Even if SA's economy goes 'asleep' for a decade. . .
I dey laugh.

One of the most honest comments here. We Nigerians love lip-service. From VISION 2010, to 2020, now we are slowly and stylishly trying to extend the date by 5 more yrs,  Don't be surprised if by 2013 you start hearing Nigeria's VISION 2030.

Other economies are busy making theirs work (e.g Ghana,Angola,even Togo) while we are always doing the TALKING, they do the WORKING.

RUBBISH
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by Nobody: 3:17am On Jun 30, 2011
Overtake south africa in 2025 indeed grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by Builder: 5:47am On Jun 30, 2011
Even if the whole south africa economy goes into strike for the next 2,000 year nigeria will never catch up. Ghana have overtaken us, liberia, Rwanda and maybe somalia are catching up with nigeria, and thats what we should be wrried about
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 30, 2011
Builder:

Even if the whole south africa economy goes into strike for the next 2,000 year nigeria will never catch up. Ghana have overtaken us, [b]liberia, Rwanda [/b]and maybe somalia are catching up with nigeria,  and thats what we should be wrried about

Boy, are you crazy?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 30, 2011
All the ppl mouthing off on this thread are prolly street hawkers. They know with their street hawking, Nigeria's economy is going nowhere.

Ile aiye.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by erico2k2(m): 8:17am On Jun 30, 2011
why do guys on here think we cant overtake them? China did it to Germany,even India aint far behind,with some people suffering there more than Nigerians in both countries, Minus the stupid leaders we have dont We Nigerians have a brighter future than SA?
Hoodrat:

As far as i know Morgan Stanley is a Global financial services companies and a market leader in securities, asset management base in united states im having a keyboard problem so i beg your pardon.
Fair anough
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by oladayo042: 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2011
Too much of predictions. [s]I wish I thought I only wish. It's just a thought[/s]
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by Arextex(m): 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2011
I believe the title of this piece should have been " Nigeria will be a better place for all to live by 2025" or whichever year is best known to the author. Though i may be wrong, but i don't see the reason for overtaking when we don't even know when we will be on the same level with Republic of South Africa. I think it's better to know when Nigerians will enjoy all the benefits of Democracy like South Africans are.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2011
Builder:

Even if the whole south africa economy goes into strike for the next 2,000 year nigeria will never catch up. Ghana have overtaken us, liberia, Rwanda and maybe somalia are catching up with nigeria, and thats what we should be wrried about
Even some Nigerians are running to Somalia and Ethiopia for greener pastures grin
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by houvest: 6:30pm On Jun 30, 2011
It will happen earlier than that. Another investment Bank, Goldman Sachs put their own prediction of Nigeria being in the N-11 by 2020 as well as Egypt. SA was not included there by them. N-11 is the next eleven largest economies after the BRIC states( Brazil, Russia, India and China.)
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by iiiyyyk(m): 11:44pm On Jun 30, 2011
another yt man diplomacy, always tyring to make nija not to face realities.
im not an economist, but im sure economic growth calculatd base on growth of oil price on pieces of papers is a crazy way of determining economic development.what abt the past 50 yrs of oil price growth.

if SA stop growing today, it will take nija more than 50yrs growing at 10% p.a to be where SA is today. pls take time to study the two countries -power, infrastructure, industrialization, environment etc

pls wake up from such dream
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by aribisala0(m): 9:17am On Jul 01, 2011
playmode:

The only reason SA's economy is stronger than Nigeria's in the first place is because of lesser corruption and better management.Nigeria on any good day is richer than SA and will feed SA for decades.The only problem we have is our moronic and corrupt Government with the commander in thief of the armed forced in charge.Without a complete U-turn in the way we do things ,i seriously doubt that this can happen by 2025.

ignorant.
our favourite pastime ;conceit & grandiosity.
the only reason i am a man is i have blocos.

the k[b]ey factor is per capita wealth.[/b] south on ppp is 4x nigeria's four times.

you cannot feed them in 100 years

we have a high population and even if our economy was double south africa's, in per capita terms it would be a richer country.
more important quality of life indices show nigeria to be in the doldrums e.g.
no. of children expected to see their fifth birthday ,maternal mortality,access to clean water and literacy. etc.

for the record . even now south africa is not the biggest economy in africa [quote][/quote]
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by Kenyanstar: 9:26am On Jul 01, 2011
Joke of the century!!!!!!!! I still haven't stopped laughing at this classic case of a joke. This thread should have been at the jokes section.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by Horus(m): 11:15am On Jul 02, 2011
GDP (most recent) by country

Rank

# 26    South Africa: $527,500,000,000.00   2010 

# 32    Nigeria:         $369,800,000,000.00   2010 

Source: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/eco_gdp-economy-gdp-nominal
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by aribisala0(m): 11:53am On Jul 02, 2011
this is not really a credible source .
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by aribisala0(m): 11:58am On Jul 02, 2011
you need to understand the difference btw gdp in nominal and PPP terms
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by Gbenge77(m): 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2011
Na dem sabi.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by tipdrips: 3:21pm On Jul 02, 2011
Nigerians, we only see this on paper.
With corruption increasing daily by geometric progression, the politicials caring about nothing but theirselfs, empty promises and looting been the vision of most politicians, I doubt such a thing is attainable not even by 2050.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by DAVE5(m): 1:58am On Jul 03, 2011
they wan give ma pple false hopes.dis kontry when hin b say everybody(even small pikin dem) get solution to our problems but still nothing dey work
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by wale4x35(m): 4:11pm On Sep 07, 2011
The Next Eleven (or N-11) Countries http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Eleven
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by favour101(m): 9:59am On Sep 12, 2011
Nigeria economy will overtake South Africa economy I dey laughooooooooooooooo make una talk better thing
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by EPOMA(m): 10:47pm On Sep 17, 2011
Nigerian Economy in 2025 will over Senegal, they made a mistake to write south africa. How will that happen, one of the biggest company in Nigeria(mtn) and Dstv are south africans, the Nigeria companies Mtel and HiTV are down the drain and they are still hoping.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by sakzonm: 10:50pm On Oct 02, 2011
this is sooo sad, no seriously.

let me do for you all what school clearly has failed to do smiley

SOUTH AFRICA: not only is the largest economy in africa, but is the economic powerhouse, period. south africa is more advanced infrastructure wise and also technology wise, educationally, artistically , in short simple english, we are the only african country considered 2nd-world, and soon to be 1st. our economy (nominal wise, since ppp isnt what you should be looking at sunshine,) is more than 4 times larger than country in second place, EGYPT not NIGERIA you need to equate the GNI and GDP deduct external debt and add into account economic growth, currency stability [which btw is, R6.69-$1 AND AROUND N150-$1] /another fact, the south african rand is as off 2011 the most stable currency in history vs. the dollar, FACT!

There was a stupid comment above about the N-11 and south africa not being included excluding the BRIC nations, well thats understandable because at the time south africa was seeking approvale to be incorporated into the BRIC nations and as of 2010 december, it is BRICS not BRIC, HENCE, the 5 future superpowers of the world

NIGERIA: I believe 86% of all earning in this country are made from oil, this is extreamly heavily dependant on oil, the future oil table shows a decrease in the need for oil as electric cars are introduced at cheaper more affordable rates/ end of nigeria's economy/
south africa had the oppertunity to run Angola's oil fields when we beat the in the South africa-Angola war, we chose not to exploit them because oil is a now, just like wood was a now for the neanderthals, its a primitive source of energy that has destroyed the real value of your land, that impressive delta you have, could have been used for medicine or tourism but the oil spills, pirates and od knows what make it an eye sore on our continent,

so in conclusion i say PLEASE,
when you're country grows a Nelson Mandela, a Desmond Tutu, a Govan Mbeki, a Shaka Zulu, in other words a leader grin, then maybe we'll talk again
until then. don't embarrass south africa by putting us in the same light as you guyS, ELEPHANT and ANT, FOR ATLEAST 200 YEARS

ps, the statistics are off!
south africa is in the G20 and ranks 18th @ $500bn, afrter Argentina @ $512bn
gdp per capita is $12 000, THE SECOND HIGHEST IN AFRICA, after some small non segnificant island,
living standards are the best and ranked 12th globally as a significant country{ excluding islands and small population <5million people}

pps, BEAT THAT! SA needs compition, would be amazing to see a country in our continent come up to our level but still keep their ethics, morals and most importantly, their africaness in doing so.

much love*

[img][/img]

Re: Nigeria’s Economy May Overtake South Africa By 2025 - Morgan Stanley by aribisala0(m): 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2011
you are right that nigeria is extremely dependendent on oil and it is a very high percentage of government revenue and foreign exchange but it accounts for about a third of our GDP.
i do not see the reason for gloating or self adulation. the TRUTH is that ALL black people(groups not indivividuals) are quite unproductive  economically compared to other races wherever they are.

i have no reason to believe south african blacks are any different.
rather than this I am better than my neighbour childishness  try and look at yourself and your mentality[b].

( we are the only nation considered second world)[/b]
did you say that or did it fall out of your mouth
there are many great african leaders among whom are a few nigerians. i am not one and see no reason to be boastful about it  just as it would be churlish for me to boast that usain bolt is a black man.

we in africa know who our leaders are and do not need the validation of the white men before we recognize them.

i will only remind you that many african nations (nigeria included) made huge sacrifices in the struggle against apartheid,colonialism and other evils and there are legion unsung heroes.
our struggle is far from over and it is truly tragic if black south africans now believe they have "arrived" economically or in any other sense of the word. from all reports; black south africans are not much better off now than they were 17 years ago and not much better off (if at all) than other black africans.
the words UNCLE TOM come to mind ,to paraphrase "the dog may be inside the house eating master's food but he still a dog"

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Own A Verified & Functional Paypal Account As A Nigerian / I Have Got 200,000 Idle Fund. What Business Can I Start Up? Please Help Out! / Get Federal Government Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) Certificate now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.