Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? (551 Views)

1 John Kjv (whoever does not love does not know GOD, because GOD is love) / I Want To Know God / Who Said God Hasn't Got A Sense Of Humour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by EzegeNdiigbo: 8:34am On Mar 06, 2022
Every day I hear this prayer from every church goers;God may you never leave me in my times of trials and lemme stand above my enemies. And am like how do one actually know that God almighty hasn't leave him/her.

So i want you all to enlighten me more this abeg and clear my curiosity.
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:41am On Mar 06, 2022
EzegeNdiigbo:
Every day I hear this prayer from every church goers;God may you never leave me in my times of trials and lemme stand above my enemies. And am like how do one actually know that God almighty hasn't leave him/her.

The first thing is whether you Truly had God in the first place.

For when He leaves you, you would surely surely Know, He has left, as happened to Saul, Solomon, Samson, David etc

1 Like

Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by doggedfighter(f): 8:49am On Mar 06, 2022
He's not even there in the first place so there's
no one leaving anyone leaving anyone.

Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by AntiChristian: 9:08am On Mar 06, 2022
Was God with anyone in the first place?

Job was tested severely and that doesn't mean God left him.
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by EzegeNdiigbo: 10:04am On Mar 06, 2022
OAM4J push this thread to frontpage plzzzz
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by GreatAxeMan: 10:08am On Mar 06, 2022
A Catholic proverb: "The question we must ask ourselves is not wether God is on our side, but wether we are on God's side"

AntiChristian:

Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:38am On Mar 06, 2022
EzegeNdiigbo:

Before the first century only people who have a close relationship with the God of Israel can be sure that they're always in the presence of God anywhere they may go on this planet! Psalms 23:4

After Jesus' ministry only the Christians have the assurance that God is with them {Matthew 18:20} yet we need to continue associating with the holy ones because that's the only way we can prove that we are always with our God. Hebrews 10:24-25 compare to Matthew 18:20

Peter asked Jesus one important question:

“Look! We have left all things and followed you; what, then, will there be for us?” Matthew 19:27

Peter wants to know what will be their gain after loosing so many things in the world just to be with Jesus.
What did Jesus promised those faithful Jews?

Truly I say to you, no one has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the good news who will not get 100 times more now in this period of time—houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and fields, with persecutionsand in the coming system of things, everlasting life". Mark 10:29-30

So i often ask myself:

Do i have brothers and sisters throughout the world today who see me as a member of their spiritual family everywhere i go?

The answer to this question matters most to me because Jesus said this is what i will gain first before i can think of everlasting life!

May you have PEACE! smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:56am On Mar 06, 2022
doggedfighter:
He's not even there in the first place so there's
no one leaving anyone leaving anyone.

He can not be with filthy doggy sinners like you.
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:59am On Mar 06, 2022
EzegeNdiigbo:
OAM4J push this thread to frontpage plzzzz

O, that is the purpose of this thread!
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:02am On Mar 06, 2022
AntiChristian:

See double speak! "I was not at home but I never left the house". One would say a mad spoke here.
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
A Catholic proverb: "The question we must ask ourselves is not wether God is on our side, but wether we are on God's side"

If only you did not say "Catholic', but no wahala.
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 11:04am On Mar 06, 2022
AntiChristian:

Look at this allah's slave, Our God is omnipresent not like your allah that was caged inside the shrine and black stone of kaaba in which you must face the direction of your shrine (i.e. kaaba) before praying to him
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by GreatAxeMan: 11:06am On Mar 06, 2022
Catholic no be Christians again?

Dtruthspeaker:

If only you did not say "Catholic', but no wahala.
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:09am On Mar 06, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
Catholic no be Christians again?

Bros, I for say "for mouth and eye only" but I just wan dey my lane.
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by GreatAxeMan: 11:12am On Mar 06, 2022
Okay I understand where you're going. It's just that I like to think of the Body of Christ as One. With the exception of Mormons, JWs and White Garments all of whom I regard as cult members who are pretending to be Christians.

Dtruthspeaker:

Bros, I for say "for mouth and eye only" but I just wan dey my lane.
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:28am On Mar 06, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
Okay I understand where you're going. It's just that I like to think of the Body of Christ as One. With the exception of Mormons, JWs and White Garments all of whom I regard as cult members who are pretending to be Christians.

ALL WHO WILL DO (AND DO) The Will of God are Members of The Body of Christ!
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:30am On Mar 06, 2022
GreatAxeMan:

ALL WHO WILL DO (AND DO) The Will of God are Members of The Body of Christ! Remember Mathew 12:48-50.
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by AntiChristian: 8:35am On Mar 07, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See double speak! "I was not at home but I never left the house". One would say a mad spoke here.

Where is the double speak, probably in your head. Better check what you are on.

In Job 1:16 or there about God sent fire balls to destroy Job's. But yet he was declared righteous by God when Satan whinned God to punish Job.
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:59am On Mar 07, 2022
AntiChristian:

Where is the double speak, probably in your head. Better check what you are on.

You obviously need a psychiatrist to not see that

AntiChristian:
reasonably meaning God is with no one based on the thread you say "there is no God"!

Then immediately after implying that "there is no God" you thereafter say

AntiChristian:
Job was tested severely and that doesn't mean God left him.[/quote]

Meaning, God was with Job and therefore implying that "There is God", thus, cancelling your former earlier statement implying that "there is no God". Which is called "Double Speak" aka "speaking from 2 sides of your mouth", in Law, it is the offence of "Approbating and Reprobating".
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by LordReed(m): 9:19am On Mar 07, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

reasonably meaning God is with no one based on the thread you say "there is no God"!

Meaning, God was with Job and therefore implying that "There is God", thus, cancelling your former earlier statement implying that "there is no God". Which is called "Double Speak" aka "speaking from 2 sides of your mouth", in Law, it is the offence of "Approbating and Reprobating".

Where did he say there is no god?

2 Likes

Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by AntiChristian: 9:50am On Mar 07, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I said:

Where did i say there is no God and later say there is God?

Why do you like accusing someone blindly like this?

1. God is not physically with anyone. And He doesn't need to be....
2. Job and many people were tested. And God still approve them even while He still tests them.

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD (YAHWEH), do all these things. Isaiah 45:7

Continue to see "things" everywhere!
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:07am On Mar 07, 2022
AntiChristian:

I said:
[b]Was God with anyone in the first place?

Does this not have a meaning?

AntiChristian:

And does this not have a separate meaning different from the one up?

Abeg, leave me alone.
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:08am On Mar 07, 2022
LordReed:

Where did he say there is no god?

Satan must come.
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 10:49am On Mar 07, 2022
AntiChristian:

Shey you see ur life outside now, come make I enrol you to Montessori school beside my house here you insisted, see how you're exposing and disgracing yourself on nairaland ore wa
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
EzegeNdiigbo:
Every day I hear this prayer from every church goers; God may you never leave me in my times of trials and lemme stand above my enemies. And am like how do one actually know that God almighty hasn't leave him/her.

Your church goers don't believe in and trust God who said that He will never leave or forsake those who belong to Him - those who trust and obey His commandments - that is why they say those desperate prayers. undecided

Jesus Christ said those who Love Him are those who obey His commandments and it is inside of them He and the Father will come and make their home in - John 14 vs 15 - 25. It follows that for God to live inside of you, you must submit to living your very life in obedience of His every commandments and God will show up when you do - you will know when God lives inside of you. Jesus Christ put it another way when He said, "if you abide in me, I will abide in you... " - John 15 vs 1 - 11 - so, when you obey God, you will know God is with you. However, if you live in disobedience of God's commandments, you refuse to obey Him, then God cannot live inside of you. undecided

So it isn't so much that God leaves you but that you reject Him by your continued disobedience of His Commandments. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by thankgod460(m): 9:28pm On Mar 07, 2022
EzegeNdiigbo:

Your relationship with God will determine if He is still with you or not.

For example when Jesus feed 5thousand men in the Bible, he made it clear that whenever he called Him (God), He do answer, this shows that God never leave him. Now compare to when he was crucified "He cried out that Father thou had forsaken me". The reason why God abandoned him was because he bear the sin of the world at that moment.

In as much you are still in line with God's principles and doing His will, then believe God have not leave you.
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by LordReed(m): 8:26am On Mar 08, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Satan must come.

Said the pot to the kettle. Mr Obfuscationist.
Re: How Do One Know God Hasn't Leave Him? by 22jumpstreet: 11:38am On Mar 08, 2022
You are still in the land of the living....until otherwise..

(1) (Reply)

Share The Name Of The Church You View Online Though You're Not A Member / How Old Was (eve) Hawaa When Allah Made Her? / Travis Greene Reacts As House On The Rock Drummer Dies During Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.