Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,327 members, 7,846,455 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? (887 Views)

Solomon Dalung Plays Tennis With Nollywood Big Shots In Lagos.Photos / Saraki Or Tinubu? Who Rocks It Better? / Bomb Explosion, Sporadic Gun Shots In Kano: Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by bubbllie(m): 8:31am On Jun 29, 2011
According to the source, Tinubu had disagreed with Fashola on the portfolio of some of the nominees, which Fashola would not like to change as directed by his predecessor.

The difference between them bothers on who occupies three key positions in the state cabinet: Chief of Staff, Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice in the state and Secretary to the State Government.

Tinubu disagreed with Fashola on the list of names he submitted to state house of Assembly for ratification. He wants the Governor to accept the list of candidates, he (Tinubu) forwarded to him (Fashola).

The source further said that the list, which had since been forwarded to the state House of Assembly, could be rejected if Fashola eventually refused to bow to Tinubu’s control.
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by Musiwa42: 8:44am On Jun 29, 2011
Are you saying that we all can  forward a name.

look you. everybody will forward his brother name. I will forward my own brother too ke. bubbllie , who are going to forward. I laugh in lagos english
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by bubbllie(m): 9:00am On Jun 29, 2011
grin grin grin, I'm laughing already. Well, to answer you question. Just make sure you seek the consent of Tinubu if you do not want a face-off.
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by Jakumo(m): 9:07am On Jun 29, 2011
Hey Becorich Musiwa, is that picture of you dressed in drag ? Dang, boy, I had no idea you were so, well, em FAT.

Ha ha ha, Ahem sorry. No harm intended, buddy. Its cool man. You will find love, though I shudder just trying not to picture it.
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by stormm: 11:24am On Jun 29, 2011
@OP,

Some people's fixation with Tinubu has gone from absurdity to very pathetic and unimaginable levels. If their landlord rapes their sister, it is Tinubu or their stray bingo did not come home, its because Tinubu disagreed with Fashola.
The hungry media of course feasts on such inanities.

We have issues of governance, inadequate infrastructure, low, recycled and diminishing human capital, almost non existent industrial base, import dependence among so many other problems but our media industry is just too lazy, too inept to look into these. Always it is Obj and his children, girlfriends, Tinubu/Fashola, Anenih or that rubbish. A journalistic culture that dwells too much on personalities, incongruent with developmental indices.

And we are currently being teleguided into the same cesspit of reverse thinking. Shame.
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by djustice: 11:58am On Jun 29, 2011
Clearly, Tinubu is the Don Dadda. Fashola is just a boy-boy.

Watch as his stubbornness over the commissioner names fizzles out quietly. He's just throwing unnecessary tantrums.
If he doesn't play ball, he will be impeached earlier than the planned November date. Does he not know who put him there again

Asiwaju is the don joor. After spending so much to re-elect the ingrate, how does he expect Jagaban to recoup his investment Some people are so ungrateful. Mscheeew!!!
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by bubbllie(m): 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2011
Just when I thought political god-fatherism had become history, I never knew we aint seen nothing yet. I only hope we wont have in Lagos as well, the "Royal Rumble" that left the Oyo/Ibadan people gaping from their hiding places a couple of years back.
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by Mariory(m): 1:58pm On Jun 29, 2011
bubbllie:

According to the source, Tinubu had disagreed with Fashola on the portfolio of some of the nominees, which Fashola would not like to change as directed by his predecessor.

Rather than swallow your opinion like the other sheep, I have to ask, what source?
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by BigB11(m): 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2011
Absolutely, without any questions, Tinubu calls the shots in Lagos for the past 12 years. And this is one of my reasons why I find it very difficult to admire or respect Fashola.

I want a governor who has balls to point out what is wrong all around without any hesitation. In my book, Fashola would have don't even better if Tinubu was willing to stop pulling on this poor dude's balls.

It makes no sense to continue to beat up thieves all around town, while you also continue to feed the one you're hiding in your bedroom.
I will give a golden kudos to Fashola as soon as he is able to man up and confront Tinubu, the same way he has confronted beggars, area boys and other average Lagosians.

I don't care how you folks see it, but based on my experience and what I know Bola Tinubu remains an obstacle to progress in Lagos state.
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by djustice: 3:15pm On Jun 29, 2011
Big B1:

Absolutely, without any questions, Tinubu calls the shots in Lagos for the past 12 years. And this is one of my reasons why I find it very difficult to admire or respect Fashola.

I want a governor who has balls to point out what is wrong all around without any hesitation. In my book, Fashola would have don't even better if Tinubu was willing to stop pulling on this poor dude's balls.

It makes no sense to continue to beat up thieves all around town, while you also continue to feed the one you're hiding in your bedroom.
I will give a golden kudos to Fashola as soon as he is able to man up and confront Tinubu, the same way he has confronted beggars, area boys and other average Lagosians.

I don't care how you folks see it, but based on my experience and what I know Bola Tinubu remains an obstacle to progress in Lagos state.

Only myopic people like you can come up with such unreasonable posture about the personality of the great Jagaban of Borgu Kingdom. We know your type. The political sagacity and intellectual dexterity displayed by Asiwaju himself at the last election is a threat to you unprogressive people.

The victories have to be funded somehow, and Fashola is a true progressive, because he understands this. Democrats like Asiwaju can never be your friend, because he knows how to get the victory that we need. He is a winner anyday, take it or leave it.

Look, let me tell you something. The people of Lagos and the South west are not complaining to you, are they? We are happy to pay our taxes to Bola Tinubu and Fashola. Thank you.
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by BigB11(m): 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2011
@ my Good friend, djustice (aka, Mr. just 2 posts): It will be irresponsible for me to call you names or entertain your stupidity. I will rather focus more on the issues, the issues that continue to pull Nigeria and Nigerians down for more than 30 years. So, pls feel free to  beat me up, the same way Dr. Tinubu continues to beat down our passive governor and other ret@rded supporters.

It is what it is, Tinubu remains the major obstacle in Lagos state today. How long can you stop the rain?
It is a matter of time, it will all come together and Nigeria will be a better place.
Adedibu had his time too and where is the big man today?

(djustice: With time, I'm sure that you will have enough courage to log on back with your real user name)
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by djustice: 3:51pm On Jun 29, 2011
Big B1:

@ my Good friend, djustice (aka, Mr. just 2 posts): It will be irresponsible for me to call you names or entertain your stupidity. I will rather focus more on the issues, the issues that continue to pull Nigeria and Nigerians down for more than 30 years. So, pls feel free to  beat me up, the same way Dr. Tinubu continues to beat down our passive governor and other ret@rded supporters.

It is what it is, Tinubu remains the major obstacle in Lagos state today. How long can you stop the rain?
It is a matter of time, it will all come together and Nigeria will be a better place.
Adedibu had his time too and where is the big man today?

(djustice: With time, I'm sure that you will have enough courage to log on back with your real user name)

Look at this man o!! Who is beating who? Tinubu and our dear Governor Fashola continue to enjoy a fruitful symbiotic relationship. Fashola is the administrative leada, why Tinubu is the political commander. An unbeatable combination. No matter what you say, the end justifies the means. Adedibu slipped. Asiwaju is the master of the game, the ultimate player. You people are just hating joor.
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by BigB11(m): 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2011
Why should I be hating?
Oga mi, I have been there, done it and have up to 4 t-shirts to show for it. Hence, stop this foolishness and let us focus more on rescuing this country from the hands of folks that give us 10 kobo but openly pocket 10b.

Nigerians are d@mn too smart to allow this treatment to continue.
We must stop this rubbish/ thinking; but how can we accomplish this goal effectively when ret@rded/ brainwashed folks with computer (like u) are still lingering in our society?

djustice: Nigeria will be a better place in a very short time if we all embrace doing what is right the right way @ the right time.
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by djustice: 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2011
Big B1:

Why should I be hating?
Oga mi, I have been there, done it and have up to 4 t-shirts to show for it. Hence, stop this foolishness and let us focus more on rescuing this country from the hands of folks that give us 10 kobo but openly pocket 10b.

Nigerians are d@mn too smart to allow this treatment to continue.
We must stop this rubbish/ thinking; but how can we accomplish this goal effectively when ret@rded/ brainwashed folks with computer (like u) are still lingering in our society?

djustice: Nigeria will be a better place in a very short time if we all embrace doing what is right the right way @ the right time.

Wooo, Mr. man, if it's the 10kobo that is not enough, just ask for more, instead of all this ramble rousing. Asiwaju is the custodian of our commonwealth. Leave him alone. He is doing a good job of keeping the money for us.

We have come a long way since 1999, and it is not your type that can stop Asiwaju, especially on the internet. We have taken Oyo, Ogun, Oshun, Ekiti from you people. Kwara is next, then Kogi, and then Niger. Soon, Plateau will join, and by the time we add Akwa Ibom, you will know what's up!!!
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by BigB11(m): 4:12pm On Jun 29, 2011
djustice: FYI, Yes, Tinubu may be an obstacle, but I voted for Fashola, simply because you do not cut off your nose to spite your face. My friend, Nigeria first, sentiment comes last.
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by djustice: 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2011
You sound like those people that say "I voted for Jonathan, not PDP".

You voted for Fashola but dislike Tinubu Who do you think produced Fashola? Abeg lef mara jooor. Asiwaju for life!!
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by BigB11(m): 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2011
Just when I thought political god-fatherism had become history, I never knew we aint seen nothing yet. I only hope we wont have in Lagos as well, the "Royal Rumble" that left the Oyo/Ibadan people gaping from their hiding places a couple of years back.
@Bubllie: it wouldn't go that far.
Nigerians are getting smarter and the youth are also getting tired of using the same expired medicine with pretty much nothing to show for it.
It is a matter of time for Nigerians to start claiming what belongs to them. I have confidence that things will continue to change for better.
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by odogwux(m): 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2011
djustice:

Clearly, Tinubu is the Don Dadda. Fashola is just a boy-boy.

Watch as his stubbornness over the commissioner names fizzles out quietly. He's just throwing unnecessary tantrums.
If he doesn't play ball, he will be impeached earlier than the planned November date. Does he not know who put him there again

Asiwaju is the don joor. After spending so much to re-elect the ingrate, how does he expect Jagaban to recoup his investment Some people are so ungrateful. Mscheeew!!!

In this era you have sycophants who say they are not. I am happy to see an honest one. bravo!
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by djustice: 8:19pm On Jun 29, 2011
odogwu-x:

In this era you have sycophants who say they are not. I am happy to see an honest one. bravo!

Are you trying to call me a sycophant? Me? Anybody can see that I am an objective and unbiased speaker. I am objective enough to see that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a person of integrity, sagacity, strategicity and integrity.

You people just need to stop jealousing the man. He will soon become the President of Nigeria. That's where we are going, once we have teamed up with our friends in Arewa to impeach Jonathan.

Carry go joor, Asiwaju!! President in waiting, Baba! Ko si ori won nibe!! Awon bawo?
Re: Who Calls The Shots In Lagos, Fashola Or Tinubu? by odogwux(m): 8:19am On Jun 30, 2011
djustice:

Are you trying to call me a sycophant? Me? Anybody can see that I am an objective and unbiased speaker. I am objective enough to see that Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a person of integrity, sagacity, strategicity and integrity.

You people just need to stop jealousing the man. He will soon become the President of Nigeria. That's where we are going, once we have teamed up with our friends in Arewa to impeach Jonathan.

Carry go joor, Asiwaju!! President in waiting, Baba! Ko si ori won nibe!! Awon bawo?

Bros, you are swayed irritrievably sold to tinubu so i think you're biased no vex. Meanwhile I loved comrade tinubu when we were fighting for June 12 to be actualised. we were in the trenches together, though i was just a schoolboy and they were our generals. i however am not comfortable with him as a politician today.when a man's supporters think he's above human frailty its a recipe for disaster

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Tackle Al-mustapha –abdulsalami / Helen Ukpabio Calls On Buhari To Apologies Over Boko Haram / Nation Honor:beaf, Do You Want To Meet Chinua Achebe, I Can Take You To Meet Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.