Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc (6180 Views)

Lagos In Darkness As Militants Damage Escravos Gas Plant / 40 INEC Staff Held Hostage In Bayelsa As Militants Hijack Materials / More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 30, 2011
@ luluosas reread my post. I have a grouse with putting mend's cause side by side with boko haram how does that make me hate northerners? Note I said successive leaders which means all the people who were at one time or the other president of Nigeria cos the bulk stops at their table. Let us alwys be objective in our criticisms and call a spade a spade.
Re: Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc by Harus(m): 11:07pm On Jun 30, 2011
Having reading most of d posts on this thread, I realised that Nigerians are not ready for +ve change yet.  cry cry cry
Hmmn. We still have lots of bad eggs among us.
U can imagine youths admiring thieves (Our leaders) and condeming honest leaders!
Its a pity but lets go on. TIME shall tell.  grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc by aljharem3: 1:21am On Jul 01, 2011
buhari, God bless u
Re: Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 01, 2011
dinggle:

The truth is that the thieving elitist are worst than Mend and Boko Haram because if monies for projects and the people were applied accordingly there would be no mend! and people will be busy making good out of their lives rather than thinking about joining mend or Boko haram. If Boko haram was to drop their islamic agenda and declare war against corrupt leaders they will get over 85% support from Nigerians and ppl will generously donate to the project. Corruption has wiped away the future of unborn generations of Nigerian. Look at PHCN increasing bill without service?, the increased tariff should come into existence as soon as they start providing uninterrupted power. Its so insane!, instead of increasing the tariff why not recover the over N16billion spent on power in past administrations that was diverted? Nigeria needs "THE TRUTH" for there to be peace and prosperity.

Thanks for that (the bolded). I for one is not against the fact that theiving elites are worse. but I am against the Buhari character for two things.
1. He has been in the leadership circles since the 60s. He was once a petroluem Minster, once a Head of State (though he got it with gun", headed Abachas petroluem Thrust Theifing Fund, what did he do in the Niger Delta? Buhari has been part n percel of the problem. It was the military that desroyed the respect for the law. They abolsihed our laws, and ruled (ruined?) by decrees.

2. His comparison of MEND and Boko Haram is a disgrace. Not justifying violence on either side, but while MEND want a fair share of the oil, Boko Haram want forceful Islamisation. How do we reconcile the two?
Re: Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc by gymer(m): 12:08pm On Jul 01, 2011
I thank God that I voted GEJ
Re: Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc by nuclearboy(m): 3:57pm On Jul 01, 2011
@noblezone:

I am impressed by your words even I believe they are not entirely right. Its a good thing to find reasoning people unlike the genetic garbage that calls people "useless fools" for having a different opinion from his.

I think where the mix-up come in your post is the 'acts', rather than the ' concept' behind them. MEND has killed - that is a crime even though most reasonable people know they have been frustrated. "you can't take laws into your own hands". Same with Boko Haram - as those of us who have lived in the north can tell you, the average poor Northerner's life is a misery so they too believe they have been frustrated into this.

So both are murderers. Period. Someone killed my goat which was my source of food so I killed him - what am I? MURDERER!

But something\someone created the situation\circumstances that "frustrated" me till I took the law into mt own hands. That person is the theiving elite who raped Nigeria, refused its citizens expression and turned us into a personal fiefdom.

That theiving elite is indirectly responsible for MEND murders, BK murders, fatalities on highways due to bad roads, the scourge of robbers and thugs and many other crimes (murders).

So who is worse? And was Buhari wrong IN THIS CONTEXT?

@mjdon:

re post#72

Your Major reported to Buhari who forwarded the matter. Such things go to 2 places - military intelligence AND the office of the military secretary. At that time, Idiagbon was MS. DMI (directorate of military intelligence) was also of neccesity, under the coupists. As GOC, Buhari had played his part - report, NOT investigate. What do you think the MS office would do since Idiagbon was part of the plan? Would they keep quiet and allow him get them into the dock to face charges of Treason? So they "removed" him. Later when their coup succeeded and they decided to kick him out since he could no longer worry them, the new head of state (now wiser that the man had told him the truth) refused to have him kicked out. Like most of us have believed for long, he also thought you cannot get the crown except you were involved at the top.

You don't believe right? So tell me - if indeed he was a coupist "thick" in the plot as you assert, why didn't the GOC "arrange" him to meet with a bullet and be silenced forever? Why did he send such information up the ladder where it could have, if wrongly handled or seen by the wrong eyes, have sent him to the firing squad.

We don't know ourselves openly here but you'd be better served going to people who were in "that" system rather than taking individual opinions as fact.
Re: Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc by Eziachi: 5:07pm On Jul 01, 2011
noblezone:

Yes, Buhari stated the obvious, he is telling us what we already know. The issue is, if folks like him did not trample on our constitution and rulled (ruined) us by decrees, we would had advanced more than this. The military destroyed our institutions including the Police.

If a man has a case and calls in the police, and if his opponent had anybody in the army, to call, such a soldier would come and beat up both the police and the man that called him. Our police learnt brutality from soldiers. Buhari is part of the problem and he cannot talk himself out of it.

It is just OBJ trying to advice us on corruption. Nonsense.

If what he is saying is obvious, why can't you bring yourself and agree with him? Just because you hate him so much that you can't agree with him even when he is right?
Re: Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc by Eziachi: 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2011
nuclearboy:

This lie continues to amaze me especially when it is the bedrock of ALL accusations against Buhari.

For your information, Buhari was NOT a part of the coup that brought him to power. The person who planned and executed it died during the coup - his name was Brigadier Bako. The void created by his death compelled the coupists to fight amongst themselves at which point they decided to invite their "honest" senior, Gen Buhari, to take over. Those old enough will recollect Abacha announced the coup at 6am, Jan 1. At noon, a voice (Idiagbon) again announced the new head of state would address the Nation later that same day. However, Gen Buhari did not speak until the next day - they were trying to convince him.

All this can be checked on the web - MKO's official autobiography is a good start. It was OBJ who first decided to give Buhari a bad name by calling him Jihadist etc. After that (2003), pdp has thrown every name at him and many who consider themselves educated have been lapping it up like puppies.

Thank you for saying th fact I had spoken myself so many times for years. People like noblezone in fact knew this truth but their hate for Buhari can't bring them to accept that the man is a special person in a country like NIGERIA.

Those who wants to know the truth knew thatBuhari never particpated in any coup as a soldier. The coup that brought him to power included too.

Like you mentioned above, these were the people that conspired and overthrew the Shagari's govt: Barko, Babangida, Dogonyaro, David Mark, Useni, Umar, Abacha, Vatsa, Adisa, Rasaki. It was only when Barko died that they managed to convinced Buhari to become the head of state.
Then when Buhari stood in their way to loot Nigeria, it was the same group that overthrew him and Idiagbon to allow their own man IBB to take over and they had a field day and Nigeria lost their last chance of eradicating corruption.
Re: Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc by nuclearboy(m): 5:32pm On Jul 01, 2011
I pray for Nigeria - our "educated" youth are so shallow, tribalistic, ignorant and unreasonable. How can you decide a lie pays more than truth?

Do these people have any plans to have children? Is it this same hatred you wish to pass along? Na wa O.

No man is perfect but even if you did not vote for Buhari, when he speaks the truth, you should acknowledge it.

Anyways, we've started seeing the qualiity of the fresh air they chose - shame on them.
Re: Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc by Eziachi: 5:41pm On Jul 01, 2011
success4:

Hello friend, can you please throw more light  on your assertion sir?
I think he meant Mr Jerry Rawlings- the one many like you celebrates as a hero who cleansed Ghana and set it up for progress. Even if Buhari is a coupist, that is not the point, what matters is what a coupist does with power.
I can't stand Nigeria trabalistic hypocrites- the same people shouting coupist now where celebrating the coup and thee demice of Shagari's govt then.

Buhari's sin is that he contested against a southerner in an election, so to some of us, to support Jonathan, you needed to have some sort of unjustified hate for Buhari and this is coming from the socalled enlightened and the educated.
Re: Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc by Eziachi: 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2011
fesse:

The problem you Nlers are having is lack of proper and detailed information. It worries me when pple keep pointing finger without knowing that the remaing four points at them

Nairaland Muslim fanatics will even die to protect or save Buhari,  because they failed to know the truth. The problem Nigeria is having today is from the North. D few exposed ones don't want the rest to know what they have known and these Boko-haram sect fails to see beyond their various northern communities. Anybody in this country that is comparing MEND to boko-HARAM is worst than boko-haram itself.

Who are the sponsors of Boko-Haram? Buhari should stop fooling himself and call his boys(boko-haram) to order. My problem with Jonathan is that he doesn't know the kind of power he is holding. Buhari contributed to the mess we are facing today, coming out to point fingers instead of solution is unrecognized. He mustn't be a president for Nigerians to feel his passion for 9ja if at all he has any.

So are you saying that a true Igbo son like me and a former Biafran soldier and advocate of Biafran independent is a moslem fanatics because I happens to believe that a man should always say the truth even if it benefits his enemy in the process?

I am in my 60s now and I can tell you that based on known evidence, their is no Nigerian (North/South) living today that is close to Buhari, when it comes to honesty and integrity and if you know anyone better and evidence to back it up, let me know. How I wish the guy is an Igbo man.
Re: Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2011
Sir,
I totally agree with your post. I am also Igbo, and I give you greatest respect for carrying out a very honourable duty in defending our people during the civil war.

I am 47 years old and I remember Buhari's Government to be a very good and effective government so I started to support him really from 2009 when I got myself back interested in Nigerian politics.

The more I argued with people, the more research I had to do to counteract some blatant lies and the more I learnt about the man, the more impressed I became with his record.

I honestly believe that Nigerians elected Buhari in recent 2011 elections, but the results were rigged. Also elections were not free and fair which is a prerequisite for democracy. However because some corrupt "International Observers" announced that the elections were "credible" (what doe that mean anyway undecided ); hardly anybody protested except for youths in the north, where rigging was more was impossible to conceal, and even then when these youths in the north rioted, the lovers of corruption played the tribalism card and probably hired some criminals to start killing people on tribal lines in order to discredit the genuine spontaneous rioting caused by rigged election. Hour problems in this country are huge.

I tire ooh!!

However I do not wish Buhari  to be an Igbo man, it is good enough for me that he is Nigerian and it is individuals like Buhari that give me a glimmer of hope for the future.

Eziachi:

So are you saying that a true Igbo son like me and a former Biafran soldier and advocate of Biafran independent is a moslem fanatics because I happens to believe that a man should always say the truth even if it benefits his enemy in the process?

I am in my 60s now and I can tell you that based on known evidence, their is no Nigerian (North/South) living today that is close to Buhari, when it comes to honesty and integrity and if you know anyone better and evidence to back it up, let me know. How I wish the guy is an Igbo man.
Re: Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc by koyaabj: 2:14pm On Jul 02, 2011
Totally agree on this, because the multiplier effect of the elite action of looting surpass that of Boko and Mend put together.
Re: Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc by abacus(m): 4:46pm On Jul 05, 2011

@noblezone,
the bible says a thief comes to steal, kill and destroy. our politicians steal our funds kill us for rituals/to get to power and they destroy our educational system, medical system, roads, destroy our security by sharing guns and arms to us.
what buhari said is far from the reality because these politicians are more dangerous than boko haram and mend multiply by 100.
do u think that boko haram and mend will be in existence if not for our politicians.
were abiola, bola ige, funsho willians and other politicians killed by mend or boko haram.
you mentioned coup, how did ghana get back on their feet? if there is anything nigeria and nigerians need at this moment, it is a coup plotter who will come and kill all these high way robbers turn to politicians.
to me, nigerian politicians are next to devil.
how do u explain a situation where a nigerian goes home with over N15.9 a month and is refusing his fellow nigerian a token of just N18,000?
how do u define a situation where our politicians send their children to schools abroad and allow us to die ignorant here?
how do u explain a situation where i buy a transformer, buy cables, poles and meter, i have a generator and i buy fuel, oil and plug to mention but a few.  no electricity yet a devil thinks it wise to increase the electricity bills?
to me, your position is as a result of ignorance if not, u shld have known before now that boko haram and mend are in existence because we have a useless govt.
a little knowledge of political science will tell you that govt is a group of ppl tasked with the role of making rules and regulations guiding the actions of other citizens. what rules have our govt made to guide the actions of these groups or even u and i?
we are under the rules of devils(politicians) that gives families of dead corpers N5m. have u ever asked yourself, why is non of their children or families one of the benefactors of such goodwill?

To me you have said it all, and it is nothing short of the truth.
I won't be surprised that the government has hired propagandists in this forum to continue keeping people in the dark(Remember the over N800m paid to a PR firm just to tell people that Nigeria is good). And some so called educated ones keep buying into it.
I met one Abubarka recently where I went for inspection in a vessel, he just got a low profile job there, as we saw on TV about the latest menace of Boko Haram, he confessed he was a member until he got a job. I took it upon myself to interview him, he made it clear that the group arose because of continued currption that kept impoverishn the youths. I got an impression of a group that arose out of frustration, instead of Religion, and loosely constituted without much control @ the head. Offcourse it is more convinient for Government to emphasis more on their so called Islamic agenda, to divert attention and  get sympathy. Mind u I don't support violent of any kind against innocent civilians.
onth and is refusing his fellow nigerian a token of just N18,000?
how do u define a situation where our politicians send their children to schools abroad and allow us to die ignorant here?
how do u explain a situation where i buy a transformer, buy cables, poles and meter, i have a generator and i buy fuel, oil and plug to mention but a few.  no electricity yet a devil thinks it wise to increase the electricity bills?
to me, your position is as a result of ignorance if not, u shld have known before now that boko haram and mend are in existence because we have a useless govt.
a little knowledge of political science will tell you that govt is a group of ppl tasked with the role of making rules and regulations guiding the actions of other citizens. what rules have our govt made to guide the actions of these groups or even u and i?
we are under the rules of devils(politicians) that gives families of dead corpers N5m. have u ever asked yourself, why is non of their children or families one of the benefactors of such goodwill?

Thanks for the bolded.

Now we know our problems now, Help beg GEJ to address those!
Re: Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc by DaDoctor: 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2011
Thanking him for the bolded isnt good enough! Is the person a graduate? does he have a masters? See the issue is hitting everyone hard even the graduates, but only fools would take to such rascal and inhuman acts.

If you havent been hit before you wouldnt be here thanking him for the bolded.

Since poverty is everywhere in this country is it implicational that all heed to the call to make the country more restive? would that create the solutions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apapa Gridlock Persists, Lagos Blames NPA, MAN Laments Losses / BREAKING! Ghost City In Owerri As Buhari Visits Today ( Pictures) / Workers’ Day: NLC Demands For 65 Years Retirement Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.