Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume (4679 Views)

PHOTO: Another Man To Trek From Maiduguri To Abuja In Honor Of Buhari / Edo Assembly To Probe Dismissal Of Indigenes From Abia Civil Service / Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by sley4life(m): 12:28am On Jul 15, 2011
More states evacuate indigenes from Maiduguri •As MEND threatens to resume hostilities in N/Delta

| Print | E-mail

Written by Saliu Gbadamosi, Bauchi, with Agency Reports Friday, 15 July 2011

FOLLOWING contined violence as a result of the war declared on Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, by members of the dreaded Boko Haram sect, more state governments have ordered the evacuation of their indigenes studying in the town and those on exchange programmes.

The Bauchi State government, in a release signed by the Director of Press, Office of the Governor, Maigari Khanna, made available to the Nigerian Tribune on Thursday, said it had arranged that its indigenes studying in Maiduguri be evacuated.

It, however, said indigenes studying at Government Girls Secondary School and Ramat Secondary School, currently writing their third term examinations, would not be evacuated now.

It noted that the schools authorities had assured of the safety of the students, adding that they would be evacuated as soon as they finished their examinations.
Also, the Oyo State governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, has ordered the evacuation of citizens of the state from Borno State.

The governor, according to a release signed by his Senior Special Assistant on Public Communications, said logistics needed for the immediate evacuation, which is to be handled by the State Emergency Management Authority (SEMA), had been made available.

The release also said those to be evacuated included youth corps members, young, old, aged and all citizens of the state in the troubled state.

In a related development, the Edo State government has evacuated 100 students of the state origin at the University of Maiduguri and helped to evacuate 50 students of Ondo State origin stranded in the state.

The students, according to a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Adams Oshiomhole, were evacuated on Wednesday night.

Meanwhile, the Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta (MEND), on Thursday, in an online statement signed by its spokesman, Jomo Gbomo and sent to the media, threatened to resume hostilities in the Niger Delta.

It also said it had begun re-training of new fighters in various camps, preparatory to the hostilities.

In the statement, MEND said it was unhappy to hear that suspected Boko Haram members arrested for the bombing of the Force headquarters in Abuja would not be prosecuted.

Reacting, spokesman of JTF, Lieutenant-Colonel Timothy Antigha, in Yena-goa, Bayelsa State, on Thur-sday, said the JTF would study the threat.
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/25121-more-states-evacuate-indigenes-from-maiduguri-as-mend-threatens-to-resume-hostilities-in-ndelta
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by sley4life(m): 3:01am On Jul 15, 2011
what are the rest state governors still waiting. Are they waiting to see the cor.pse of their citizens before they commence evacuation. From checks, less than nothing passengers are going to Maiduguri.
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by Nobody: 4:00am On Jul 15, 2011
Boko Harams
Mend
MASSOBs

They should all just attack Aso Rock at the same time. It'll save us from all these empty threats.
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by Chyz2: 4:02am On Jul 15, 2011
Soon OPC go start their wahala too. grin
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by eklassical(m): 4:08am On Jul 15, 2011
dem boko haram mallams n yanrinyans wil all die in hell, u guys dnt know wot s kumin 4u!!afta d evacuation *i pray d innocent leaves too* sky jets wil kum blow up d shit holes u hide in, stupid gays!!dat nids2 b crushd,
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by Nobody: 4:55am On Jul 15, 2011
eklassical:

dem boko haram mallams n yanrinyans wil all die in hell, u guys dnt know wot s kumin 4u!!afta d evacuation *i pray d innocent leaves too* sky jets wil kum blow up d poo holes u hide in, silly man-loving-men!!dat nids2 b crushd,
if they all evacuates, do u knw where they will move to
they will move to the west and the east
where will boko haram target then?? the hausas, yorubas and igbos at the same time
do u knw how bad that will be?? shocked shocked shocked angry
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by sley4life(m): 4:59am On Jul 15, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Boko Harams
Mend
MASSOBs

They should all just attack Aso Rock at the same time. It'll save us from all these empty threats.
it will be suicidal. Then add OPC to it.
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by Phony200(m): 5:31am On Jul 15, 2011
After all the violence, the JTF is still studying. I hope their books have a chapter on boko haram.
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by saintneo(m): 7:46am On Jul 15, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Boko Harams
Mend
MASSOBs

madam, your posts seems to portray you as supremacist. Why didn't you add OPCs in your collection of militant groups?
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by sosereal(m): 7:49am On Jul 15, 2011
something they should have done a longtime.
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by phreakabit(m): 8:18am On Jul 15, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Boko Harams
Mend
MASSOBs

Which part should I embolden to emphasize the dumbness in your post? Which in retrospect is a regular occurrence with you! I Was hoping to see something more creative from you this time, well, I guess your brain is still MIA, or should I say AWOL? But really, are you this dumb or just kidding around ?
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by Rooneyboy(m): 8:26am On Jul 15, 2011
beginning of their downfall. Come to the south to cause problems? NEVER
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by enohj2ee(m): 8:29am On Jul 15, 2011
my people we all need prayer for Nigeria,

MEND stop your threat and be a good Nigerian, Don't fight because Boko Harams are fighting.

Boko Harams: [/b]Stop bombing
[b]Mend:
stop threaten
MASSOBs: Keep watching dont talk again
OPC: Enlighten  Nigerian on the need to leave together
Middle Belt(HEART OF NIGERIA: Use your belt and hold  Stop  Boko Harams and Mend threat
OPC: [/b]Enlighten  Nigerian on the need to leave together

[b]Boko Harams and Mend members I want to ask  just one Question

Did any of  you witness  the Nigeria Civil War?

If yes: Come to real self now and reflect over what happened
If No: Just watch video

Dialogue is key to peace, unity etc in life.
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by Gbenge77(m): 10:26am On Jul 15, 2011
Thats ok as Maiduguri is not the safest place to be at this time.
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by Efehiaea(f): 11:01am On Jul 15, 2011
If boko haram dare attack d west or south, den its gonna b war. Then Nigeria will divide
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by solayemi(m): 11:59am On Jul 15, 2011
Things fall apart,fall apart, boko_MEND in a nation.i hope other governors are taking steps too.maybe we should send those al-majiris messing up our streets here to their states too. Zno wetin u think?
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by Kekekenny(m): 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2011
good idea.
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by houvest: 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2011
2015 prediction for Nigeria is looking quite ominous. God save us.
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by hardbody: 2:03pm On Jul 15, 2011
This seperation was made to happen, it will happen sooner or later and there is no stopping it. We were never a united nation, this marriage of convenience will cease to exist at the shortest possible time. By the time all non indigenes pull out from Maiduguri, the Boko haramists will move to the nearest state to continue with their acts of hooliganism and before you know it, we will be engulfed in a war that will be more rancorous than any in human history. It is just of importance to note that no nation ever went through a civil war twice in its history and had any fragments left to build its history. Let those with ears hear.
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by AVISENNA: 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2011
I really think every state should evacuate their people , let's leave the notherner alone , so that they can wallow in poverty. This is the same thing that happened in 1967. i think we have had enough of this their antics, it's really becoming unbecoming. They do  not make any impact to the Nigerian economy.If they have had enough then  thiss Nation should split and believe that is the way out and forward. South -South ,South -East , Eaterner s will never suffer again.
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by juman(m): 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Boko Harams
Mend
MASSOBs

Chyz*:

Soon OPC go start their wahala too. grin

Oh oh great Nigeria grin grin grin

Hope this is just a problem that we are going to overcome. Insha Allah.
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by MMM2(m): 3:07pm On Jul 15, 2011
Not dey happen.
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by executinal(m): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2011
I think what happened in 1967 is about to repeat here again. BOKO + MEND equal to 2015, while BOKO + MASSOB equal to 1967
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2011
saintneo:

madam, your posts seems to portray you as supremacist. Why didn't you add OPCs in your collection of militant groups?

supremacist? Dont you think that's over doing it?

Because OPC is not a militant group. Those 3 groups I mentioned want nothing to do with Nigeria, why not use this opportunity?
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 15, 2011
Maybe we should start purging the south too of dis almajiris. U either say Jesus is Lord or u are deported or crucified on a cross. Cowards!
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 15, 2011
Maybe we should start purging the south too of dis almajiris. U either say Jesus is Lord or u are deported or crucified on a cross upside down. Cowards!
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by tpia5: 5:55pm On Jul 15, 2011
Is anybody in the federal govt of nigeria at all or are they all on vacation.
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by nasoeb: 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2011
@ileke-IdI, I keep asking why are all Y.ORUBAs Nothing but FAT F.OOLS. they know nothing but open their stinking mouths and pour spit on people just like this tribalis.tic big idio.t called ileke-Idi.

Y.orubas are the worst double face bastar.ds we have in Nigeria.

I keep telling my kids, no matter what you do in life, dont ever have a Y.oruba friend because they have no use.

they are just like "WET Five Naira Note"

No Use

Foo.ls

OPC Is the worst ever to happen to Nigeria
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2011
nasoeb:

@ileke-IdI, I keep asking why are all Y.ORUBAs Nothing but FAT F.OOLS. they know nothing but open their stinking mouths and pour spit on people just like this tribalis.tic big idio.t called ileke-Idi.

Y.orubas are the worst double face bastar.ds we have in Nigeria.

I keep telling my kids, no matter what you do in life, dont ever have a Y.oruba friend because they have no use.

they are just like "WET Five Naira Note"

No Use

Foo.ls

OPC Is the worst ever to happen to Nigeria

Can you please repeat what you're trying to say? I didn't quite hear you over my Yoruba awesomeness.
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by Desola(f): 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2011
Can you please repeat what you're trying to say? I didn't quite hear you over my Yoruba awesomeness.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2011
What a country of im-beciles masquerading as freedom fighters. . . . Why in the world is MEND sending this message now? Na game of "Who can garner more attention from Nigerians?" be this one?    shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: More States Evacuate Indigenes From Maiduguri •as Mend Threatens To Resume by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What a country of im-beciles masquerading as freedom fighters. . . . Why in the world is MEND sending this message now? Na game of "Who can garner more attention from Nigerians?" be this one?    shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

It's more of an "opportunity". Using the weakness of the Gov to get what they want. All these freedom fighters should just attack at once, make we hear word.
I feel sorry for MASSOBs tho, they're so invisible to the point of invisible's shadow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan's Projects In Rivers State,a Response To Amarchi's Lies And Propaganda / The Hard Facts / Bag Of Rice 2013 Vs 2014. Dividends Of Agric Transformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.