Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,477 members, 7,819,739 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Slept Off While On Express. God Be Praised. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Slept Off While On Express. God Be Praised. (739 Views)

Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. / India: Python Causes Traffic Jam On Express Highway (Photos, Video) / God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slept Off While On Express. God Be Praised. by Lawsaite: 9:13pm On Mar 06, 2022
It was our annual dinner as law students and I was amongst the comitee to see to the smooth running of affairs during the dinner. The dinner held on Friday, I had a burial of a really close friend of mine’s junior brother to attend to in anambra. After several convictions despite the inner urge not to go, I finally tried to brave it and go. I had not had sleep for two days due to the dinner preparations, I was battling sleep and body shutdowns but I still risked it. To worsen the case, the person in front with me is also a comitee member and slept off few minutes into the journey even as I was disturbing him not to sleep. Got to express, and I momentarily dozed off involuntarily!!, woke up in a gutter along the road scraping away, and this is a single road, incoming traffic was on the same road and this is an express with vehicles like mine flying not below 60. God, I’ve never felt a miracle but this is one which I’m definitely grateful. I can’t even shout. God is not done with me yet. The whole other side of the car is due for changing, the concrete gutter even slashed the back door into two parts.

Re: Slept Off While On Express. God Be Praised. by rickpat(m): 9:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
thank God for your life

NEVER TRY THIS NEXT TIME... SLEEP IS VERY VERY NECESSARY FOR PROPER FUNCTIONING OF THE BRAIN AND THE WHOLE BODY.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slept Off While On Express. God Be Praised. by TarOrfeeek: 9:43pm On Mar 06, 2022
You are a very big ediot

You think I will follow to excuse you from the sheer stupidity of attempted murder.

Because even if you are feeling suicidal, you should have at least informed the innocent passenger who entrusted his precious life to an ediot like you.

Next time after 3 days of no sleep, pick up the steering and ply Ogbomosho/Abeokuta road.

Momo Man.

9 Likes

Re: Slept Off While On Express. God Be Praised. by Mooh247: 9:49pm On Mar 06, 2022
smiley

Nothing like a sweet automatic V6 with cold chilling AC

Next time take a 15 mins short nap before you continue the journey

1 Like

Re: Slept Off While On Express. God Be Praised. by aieromon(m): 10:25pm On Mar 06, 2022
Lawsaite:
After several convictions despite the inner urge not to go, I finally tried to brave it and go. I had not had sleep for two days due to the dinner preparations, I was battling sleep and body shutdowns but I still risked it. To worsen the case, the person in front with me is also a comitee member and slept off few minutes into the journey even as I was disturbing him not to sleep. Got to express, and I momentarily dozed off involuntarily!!.

Body no be firewood. Please do not make this kind of stupid decision next time. Thank God you came out of the car in one piece.

3 Likes

Re: Slept Off While On Express. God Be Praised. by Xtianah09: 11:41pm On Mar 06, 2022
Many lifes has been lost to incidents like this, you've got a second chance to stay alive, pls stop overworking ur body and rest wen neccessary.

2 Likes

Re: Slept Off While On Express. God Be Praised. by Hausa(m): 12:42am On Mar 07, 2022
Thank God for your life.
I remember when I slept off while returning from a hotel job on a long bicycle ride around 4:45am at Sokoto during my service year.

The way the sleep take comot for my eye after my tire hit the culvert and the way I was rolling on a tarred road eh...
Na God save me sey no motor dey pass. See blisters and blood wey full my body that morning.
Thank God the bicycle was not badly damaged as I still rode an extra 30 minutes to my lodge at Moreh. The next morning, I went to the chemist for treatment.

I no ride that bike for one month till my brain reset. It was an experience indeed.

I thank God for you.

2 Likes

Re: Slept Off While On Express. God Be Praised. by HRprof: 3:12am On Mar 07, 2022
Lawsaite:
God, I’ve never felt a miracle but this is one which I’m definitely grateful. I can’t even shout. God is not done with me yet. The whole other side of the car is due for changing, the concrete gutter even slashed the back door into two parts.
You should be thanking your village people for not holding a meeting for your head at that time because if worst had happened you will still accuse them.
Re: Slept Off While On Express. God Be Praised. by tonididdy(m): 4:18am On Mar 07, 2022
Lucky you.

People sleeping while driving has always stayed as a myth to me because I feel if you really love your life you wouldn't dare.
I can be excessively tired but never slept on wheels.
Re: Slept Off While On Express. God Be Praised. by mejai(m): 4:28am On Mar 07, 2022
Imagine driving into oncoming car with it's passengers. U will just ram into them and many lives would have been lost. Sometimes, we are the cause of our problems.
U can't cheat ursef and nature.
God knows why he made night for sleeping and u murdered sleep for 2 nights. Kai! Megida!!!

Thank ur stars u didn't drive through valley roads.
Re: Slept Off While On Express. God Be Praised. by symbianDON(m): 12:48pm On Mar 07, 2022
Op I feel like doing this to you right now...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

From Japa To Japada: Greening The Nigerian Pasture / Need Help Concerning Your Travelling? / Leaving The Usa For Nigeria, Would You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.