Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. (53444 Views)

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board / God Is Good Bus Crashes After Driver Allegedly Slept Off On Steering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by naptu2: 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2022
Alex Macheras @AlexInAir

Deeply concerning incident at Africa’s largest airline — Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 #ET343 was still at cruising altitude of 37,000ft by the time it reached destination Addis Ababa

Why hadn’t it started to descend for landing? Both pilots were asleep.

Air traffic controllers tried to contact the pilots numerous times without success

After overflying the runway (still at cruising altitude), the autopilot disconnected - and this chime alert woke the pilots up — who then initiated a descent and eventually made a safe landing.

Pilot fatigue is nothing new, and continues to pose one of the most significant threats to air safety - internationally.

Just last week, pilots publicly criticised UK leisure airline Jet2 for “refusing to recognise concerns about pilot fatigue”

Update: Ethiopian Airlines has confirmed the Boeing 737 pilots have been suspended pending further investigation.

A timely reminder that pilot fatigue is widespread, an issue across the airline spectrum, sometimes systematic, and poses a major threat to air safety.

https://twitter.com/AlexInAir/status/1560386182055428097

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by slawomir: 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Hahaha....

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by TimmyTen(m): 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2022
Once you log the destination and set the GPS, the Plane proceed on auto-pilot, but the nap shouldn’t last longer than the travel time.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2022
undecided

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by NwaNimo1(m): 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2022
....make dem teach 'autopilot' to take off and land planes!

[img]https://giffiles./216/216347.gif[/img]

....Pilot job should be phased out - let a robot do the job!

132 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2022
Ok I wanted to say something. But I forgot what I wanted to say undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by temitope27(m): 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2022
Addis Ababa witches are powerful grin grin cheesy

Jokes of the century grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by jeromestarks: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
I remembered boarding this airline in 2007. Nice airline. What happened to them?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
Anyway

Planes are not like cars.

A pilot can sleep as long as auto pilot is in place.

But then, i don't think i want a sleeping pilot on my plane

148 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by NavasBit: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
Wonder shall never end lol. Playing with life of the passenger

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by Deeprooted: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
grin

Bihiri kind of pilots!

AKA

Buhari inspired pilots

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by ecolime(m): 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Df
Village people

Una plan fail grin

5 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by bigdammyj: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
Noted.
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by HBB1(m): 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
Shit!
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by willexyaho(m): 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
kiss
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by Kennitrust(m): 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
Lucky they make it.

Enemies of tinubu are his supporters.

They want his money and his untimely end

24 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by blamingthedevil: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
Auto piloting
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by GeneralPula: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
Damnnn..

Are they high on Codeine?
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by Hndrrxxx(m): 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
Triage

Y’all play too much, word!
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by Dangrace01: 5:18pm On Aug 19, 2022
What
Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by Abbeyme: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2022
You say what.

Pilots slept off.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by Starz825(m): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2022
Passengers go be like omoo we don pass airport wetin dey happen na
Not knowing say pilot don sleep go

Good say na plane

Imagine say driver sleep for inside bus ....

Omo all passengers go follow sleep in the lord be that

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by Sergio101(m): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2022
grin

Only in Africa

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by Ballzproblemm: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2022
they should suspend their license ,thank God for auto piloting ,naso , innocent people for just die for nothing

7 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by tonicyril: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2022
Hmmm

Driver dey sleep ontop wheel??

Ok ooh, i dont want to say rip.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by Mrkumareze(m): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2022
cool The first Airline I used on international trip, abeg you guys should be careful.. Welll, I give it to Emirate, they re the vest for me so far..

5 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by iHateFraudsters: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2022
Both pilots?? ?

Ok this needs serious investigation.

What did they eat/drink before/during the flight?

11 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Airlines Pilots Didn't Land The Plane Because They Had Slept Off. by MindHacker9009(m): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2022
What were they doing during the flight that made them both fall asleep?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Huge Ships Collide In Karachi Port Pakistan, Sending 21 Containers Into Sea / Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Eileen Uwajumogu Escapes Air Peace Tragedy From Lagos To Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.