Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion (6434 Views)

Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member / Tinubu Invites Obasanjo To Commission Yaba Road And Hospital (Nov 2002 Videos) / Local Government Elections: Lagos Announce Restriction Of Movement On Saturday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by Parachoko: 10:32pm On Mar 06, 2022
To extend the capacity of the Muritala Mohammed Way from one lane to two lanes.

The Lagos State Government has announced the partial closure and diversion of traffic on Muritala Mohammed Way, Yaba, for a period of 8 days.

The traffic diversion which is with effect from Monday March 7, 2022, to Tuesday March 15, 2022, is in preparation for the First Phase of the Lagos Rail Mass Transit project (Oyingbo to Agbado).

This disclosure is contained in a press statement signed by the Lagos State Commissioner for Transportation, Dr. Frederic Oladeinde, who explained that a lane will be barred from vehicular movement for extension of the capacity of the Muritala Mohammed Way from one lane to two lanes.

The diversion routes
Oladeinde said that motorists from Western Avenue, inbound Yaba, will be diverted to Empire Road to access Muritala Mohammed Way, while those coming from Muritala Mohammed Way inbound Yaba will also be diverted through Empire Road to connect Western Avenue onto their desired destinations.

The commissioner noted that the construction will be barricaded from motorists to ensure safety of the citizenry.

He said that emergency vehicles will be made available to tow faulty vehicles along the axis, stressing that signage will also be placed on the access roads to assist LASTMA Officers in managing traffic flow and minimising inconvenience to road users.

Oladeinde also revealed plans for the extension of the Ojuelegba/Tejuosho slip road, which is also scheduled to commence on Monday, March 7, 2022, for a period of 6 months.

He commended motorists for their patience and cooperation and reiterated the State Government’s commitment to the development of transport infrastructure within the metropolis, maintaining that it is vital for the multi-modal transport systems of the present administration.

What you should know

The 37 kilometre Red Line rail project under the ongoing Lagos Rail Mass Transit project was flagged off by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, in April 2021, and is expected to be fully operational in the last quarter of 2022 with 8 train stations from Agbado to Oyingbo.
The Red Line is part of the state government’s vision of an integrated multimodal transportation system contained in the State’s Strategic Transport Master Plan (STMP), developed by LAMATA, which aims ultimately to birth a world-class transportation network that will support the state’s profile, as the economic capital of Nigeria and Africa.

https://nairametrics.com/2022/03/05/lagos-announce-partial-closure-of-murtala-muhammed-yaba-road-reveal-diversion-routes/

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by qekng40(f): 10:50pm On Mar 06, 2022
More hold ups for the people of Lagos.
I still don't understand how people will get tightly packed and say they are living in Lagos. Lagos life should be experienced but one shouldn't dream of staying there!

Edited : 4th FTC in a week, make person gimme Seunn number, I need to put him on speed dial... My payments are due biko!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by 3ple9ine(m): 10:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
The road has been closed since na, it's just a tiny section people have been using.
Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:15am On Mar 07, 2022
No pain No Gain.

It is all for the benefits of Lagosians.

From all of us @[/b] :
GOD BLESS SANWO-OLU.

Lagos State : A country within a country.

The State of many Firsts.

[b]God bless Lagos State.

God bless Nigeria.

We Rise.

kayusely70:
You're very much in order!
Gbamsolutely!!!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by tophumble(m): 6:15am On Mar 07, 2022
As far as it is for expansion, no problem
Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:16am On Mar 07, 2022
qekng40:
I still don't understand how people will get packed like sardines and say they are living in Lagos. Lagos life should be experienced but one shouldn't dream of staying there!
Na who beg u to come live for Lagos?
Incoherent jargons........as usual.

Better pray for that whatever state you live in be just 20% developed and civilized as Lasgidi.

Internet don give many people to just come online and start typing jargons so confidently sha.
Oshisko.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by Henribest8(m): 6:17am On Mar 07, 2022
undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by timefarm(m): 6:18am On Mar 07, 2022
Traffic control officers are about the most important thing to provide anytime there is diversion. People tend to drive without any considerations for others
Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by Chigozirimkpoma: 6:19am On Mar 07, 2022
shocked
Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by Tomek09(m): 6:20am On Mar 07, 2022
Living in Lagos is not easy and not for heartfainted individuals.

I'm happy government provided alternative route for motorists and commuters.

Ekó òní bàjé, ó bàjé tí.
Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by bancoleh: 6:20am On Mar 07, 2022
Alright! Traffick everywhere
Video editing tutorial
Sketch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbXsmD7O4Ko
Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by dkdmy: 6:20am On Mar 07, 2022
grin More suffering for lagosian! Like el Rufui said, lagosians are are already in hell
Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 07, 2022
post=110813587:

Better pray for that whatever state you live in be as developed and civilized up to 20% of Lagos.

Internet don give many people to just come online and start typing jargons sha.
Oshisko.
Dude i don't expect you to be commenting on this platform on any topic if truly you have some form of shame and dignity in you. you and your like campaigned for this calamity we have in power and you still have the temerity to comment on this platform instead of you to formally apologize for the nonsense you did here.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by JON01: 6:24am On Mar 07, 2022
obynzo:

Dude i don't expect you to be commenting on this platform on any topic if truly you have some form of shame and dignity in you. you and your like campaigned for this calamity we have in power and you still have the temerity to comment on this platform instead of you to formally apologize for the nonsense you did here.

Shut Up and stop spilling trash

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by soulwater: 6:30am On Mar 07, 2022
wow
Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by Kobicove(m): 6:35am On Mar 07, 2022
I have been avoiding driving through that route because of the road construction going on... it's taking too long to conclude undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by Oduduwa707: 6:36am On Mar 07, 2022
Henribest8:
undecided

I still young at heart, abegiii grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by ILoveDemMANNA: 6:36am On Mar 07, 2022
obynzo:

Dem MANNA guve u one of dem MANNA lamba, u begin dey wail off-topic.
They talk talk of 10 years ago grin grin
Obinzo, I reject the calamity you keep praying for yourself not to come your way.

MANNA, giving wailers sense since 1999
Ride on my role models and mentors.

I trust Sanwo-Olu, the road is going to come out 100% better.
Eko oni baje

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by bosschinalu(m): 6:37am On Mar 07, 2022
This communique should have been shared since last week.

Incompetence that stinks

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by qekng40(f): 6:40am On Mar 07, 2022
post=110813587:

Better pray for that whatever state you live in be just 20% developed and civilized as Lasgidi.

Internet don give many people to just come online and start typing jargons so confidently sha.
Oshisko.

One of the sardines have spoken. And if you check well, He's not from Lagos oooo
Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by Parachoko: 6:48am On Mar 07, 2022
qekng40:
I still don't understand how people will get packed like sardines and say they are living in Lagos. Lagos life should be experienced but one shouldn't dream of staying there!

Edited : 4th FTC in a week, make person gimme Seunn number, I need to put him on speed dial... My payments are due biko!
This is why the Government is investing heavily on road construction, Railway construction and water transportation.

In the near future, in 1-2 years, traffic would be reduce by about 50% in Lagos State.
Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by FreeStuffsNG: 6:54am On Mar 07, 2022
Nice!We need to continue to upgrade our infrastructures as we open up Lagos to more investors.

If you have an investment outside Lagos, please bring it to Lagos. We are ready to host your investment

We are a very hospitable people in Lagos .
Our Lagos is the startup capital of Africa and we have the best run city economy in Africa in terms of GDP.

We have a vibrant population and we are the World Economic Forum-rated Africa's No 1 cosmopolitan city with with many infrastructures, a prestigious University of Lagos(UNILAG) that has produced notable Nigerians like the current V.P ,Prof. Yemi Osibanjo,SAN, beaches, great folklore traditional Yoruba & contemprorary Yoruba Afro hip-hop music , the city of Grammy Award winners and food!

In Lagos, you and your investments are safe and your invsstments are guaranteed of great returns.

Please invest in Lagos today.
Thank you.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by qekng40(f): 6:58am On Mar 07, 2022
Parachoko:
This is why the Government is investing heavily on road construction, Railway construction and water transportation.

In the near future, in 1-2 years, traffic would be reduce by about 50% in Lagos State.

Traffic would be reduced? Do you know how many people move into Lagos yearly? Lagos is simply over populated and the only move the government should do is either decongest the amount of people coming into Lagos or Expand Lagos into Ogun State/Atlantic.

Abuja, in the next 10 years with the current influx of population won't be over populated
Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by Parachoko: 7:02am On Mar 07, 2022
qekng40:

Traffic would be reduced? Do you know how many people move into Lagos yearly? Lagos is simply over populated and the only move the government should do is either decongest the amount of people coming into Lagos or Expand Lagos into Ogun State/Atlantic.

Abuja, in the next 10 years with the current influx of population migrating won't be over populated
Lagos is not overpopulated by any means.

Lagos still have a lot of expanding to do sef and more population will troop in.

When the trains fully become operational, what's the essence of one driving a car and spending about 1 hour, when you can take a train and get to your destination in about 10mins? I know of two guys who don't drive themselves to their workplace again, they do use ferry.

On the long run, Lagos traffic will reduce.

Lagos has been expanding into Ogun state

If you live in Lagos, then you should know 60% of Lagos have not even been occupied.

With the trains, water transportation and expansion of roads, traffic will extremely reduce.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by qekng40(f): 7:05am On Mar 07, 2022
Parachoko:
Lagos is not overpopulated by any means.

Lagos still have a lot of expanding to do sef and more population will troop in.

When the trains fully become operational, what's the essence of one driving a car and spending about 1 hour, when you can take a train and get to your destination in about 10mins? I know of two guys who don't drive themselves to their workplace again, they do use ferry.

On the long run, Lagos traffic will reduce.

Did you just say Lagos is not overpopulated?

I sincerely give up on this argument.
I don't think you'll gerrit, just forget aborrit!
Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by Parachoko: 7:07am On Mar 07, 2022
qekng40:

Did you just say Lagos is not overpopulated?

I sincerely give up in this argument.
I don't think you'll gerrit, just forget aborrit!
Yes, Lagos is not over populated.

The bridge in Pen Cinema have put an end to traffic in that axis.

With all the structures the Lagos State Government is putting on ground, traffic will reduce in Lagos too.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by qekng40(f): 7:10am On Mar 07, 2022
Parachoko:
Yes, Lagos is not over populated.

The bridge in Pen Cinema have put an end to traffic in that axis.

With all the structures the Lagos State Government is putting on ground, traffic will reduce in Lagos too.

I can't agree less on this issue, its fine.
Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by iwaeda: 7:11am On Mar 07, 2022
Parachoko:

https://nairametrics.com/2022/03/05/lagos-announce-partial-closure-of-murtala-muhammed-yaba-road-reveal-diversion-routes/

Lagos should declare public holidays for road construction, the holdup on Lekki-Ajah axis is out of this world grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Announce Partial Closure Of Murtala Muhammed/Yaba Road, Announce Diversion by Parachoko: 7:14am On Mar 07, 2022
iwaeda:

Lagos should declare public holidays for road construction, the holdup on Lekki-Ajah axis is out of this world grin grin grin
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Bola Tinubu's Wife Really A Pastor Or She's Deceiving Herself (Picture) / Man On Bail Dupes Visa Applicant Of N4.9m / Buhari’s Wife Asks President Jonathan To Resign Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.