Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member (10914 Views)

Profile Of Bandele A.G. Amoo, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member / Profile Of Aku Pauline Odinkemelu, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member / Profile Of Philip Ikeazor, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by nlfpmod: 6:46pm On Feb 23
Profile of Murtala Sabo Sagagi – Member of Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

Born on October 10, 1968, Murtala Sabo Sagagi, a Professor and board director at the CBN hails from Kano State.

He holds a B.Sc in Business Administration and a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA), all obtained from Bayero University, Kano, in 1990 and 1996 respectively. He equally holds a a PhD in Strategic Management from Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto which he obtained in 2006, as well as Graduate Research in (International Business & Global Economics) from Brandeis University, Boston (2004/2005).

Earlier, Sagagi served as the Adviser for Sustainable Inclusive Economic Growth at FSSP/Global Affairs Canada between 2021 and 2023. He was also a Special Assistant to the Minister of Agriculture (‪2019 – 2020‬); Senior Policy Adviser of the ministry in 2020; and Secretary Ministerial Advisory Board (‪2019 – 2020‬). From 2019 to 2022, he assisted the Policy Development Team of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development which produced the current National Agricultural Technology and Innovation Plan (NATIP). He was a member, of the Steering Committee on National Agricultural Mechanisation (2019 – 2020); and an Adviser, in Investment Promotion and Investment Climate (‪2007-2018‬).

Sagagi was the Pioneer Dean of the Dangote Business School at Bayero University (‪2014-2019‬).

He also served as the Director of the Centre for African Entrepreneurship Research and Training (2011 – 2014) and editor-in-chief of the Journal of African Entrepreneurship Research (‪2015 – 2018‬), and led the design of the National Entrepreneurship Education curriculum and the creation of Centre for African Entrepreneurship Research and Training to support youth employability and enterprise development, among other engagements.

Serving as Chairman of the Kano State Institute for Entrepreneurship Development (‪2011 – 2013‬), Sagagi showcased his commitment to education and entrepreneurship. In the course of his career, he provided professional services to the World Bank, IFAD, British Council, DFID/FCDO, and GIZ, among others in the field of Inclusive Economic Growth, Foreign Direct Investments, Employment, Women Empowerment, and Private Sector Development.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/life-arts/article/meet-cbns-new-monetary-policy-committee-members/%3famp=1

6 Likes

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by haybhi1(m): 6:48pm On Feb 23
Na northerner and ABU grads full this thing. I don't understand. Most who have held some top political positions or appointments have been a graduate of the school, had similar affiliations, yet Nigeria is where it is today. I hope it's not a case of connection. Or doing same thing with expectation of different results
Anyway, may these crop do things right. Fate of 224M rests on their wits.
Goodluck to us.

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by bigdammyj: 6:48pm On Feb 23
Seen.
Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by olaiya2007(m): 6:48pm On Feb 23
Ok
Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by Anonimoux: 6:49pm On Feb 23
Cool
Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by israelmao(m): 6:49pm On Feb 23
It's yet another opportunity to prove your worth because the chips are already down.
Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by atobs4real(m): 6:51pm On Feb 23
We are with wealthy profile. What does it translates to?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by atobs4real(m): 6:52pm On Feb 23
We are with wealthy profile. What does it translates to?
Still waiting for God's Devine intervention

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by Runaway: 6:56pm On Feb 23
Hmmm
Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by Seunpapa65: 6:59pm On Feb 23
No be profile we go chop
Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by Questionnaires(m): 7:03pm On Feb 23
If You Are Socially Smart; Send Your CVs To These Organizations:

World Bank, IFAD, British Council, DFID/FCDO, and GIZ.

My 2 Cents.
Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by just4dem(m): 7:18pm On Feb 23
I trust him. He's very competent. He was my dean during my MBA programme in BUK 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by GboyegaD(m): 7:24pm On Feb 23
He has a good profile. I hope he contributes positively to our monetary policies.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by Father4all: 7:37pm On Feb 23
All this people sef. What's their work?

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by GEEBITE: 7:56pm On Feb 23
Business Adnin Degree background. Nothing deep at all in Economics or Finance. Political appointment certainly.
nlfpmod:
Profile of Murtala Sabo Sagagi – Member of Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/life-arts/article/meet-cbns-new-monetary-policy-committee-members/%3famp=1

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by U09ce: 7:56pm On Feb 23
haybhi1:
Na northerner and ABU grads full this thing. I don't understand. Most who have held some top political positions or appointments have been a graduate of the school, had similar affiliations, yet Nigeria is where it is today. I hope it's not a case of connection. Or doing same thing with expectation of different results
Goodluck to us.

He's a BUK graduate not ABU

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by GEEBITE: 7:57pm On Feb 23
Just because he was a dean of MBA programme. CBN requires something much deeper
just4dem:
I trust him. He's very competent. He was my dean during my MBA programme in BUK 2019.
Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by teadrake(m): 8:26pm On Feb 23
That's my teacher there. We hope your appointment will bring positive changes to the Nigerian economy.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by teadrake(m): 8:28pm On Feb 23
GEEBITE:
Not just a Dean. He's a versatile academician and a thorough bred expert

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by free2ryhme: 8:39pm On Feb 23
I noticed this thread has not gotten to page 2 able NLders are shot of words 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by medugs: 9:00pm On Feb 23
He's a notable prof and vast, he's inclusion will be impactful

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by ydanbaba: 9:19pm On Feb 23
GEEBITE:
the man is blessed versatile and resourceful person .

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by Yakson09: 9:24pm On Feb 23
A very nice Man to meet. He taught me EEP 2yrs back in BUK!!!

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by Safyqueen: 10:18pm On Feb 23
Most southerners are dumb folded on this thread because the media made them to believe that Northerns doesn't goes to school.

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by Ibrahim505(m): 1:37am On Feb 24
EEP in BUK might remain a boring course in BUK until Sagagi handled it; He'll availed to multiple money making opportunities in your environment. Majority of our classmates are now successful business owners in addition to their healthcare jobs, thanks to the inspirational lectures from Sagagi.
Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by Asswipemod: 4:57am On Feb 24
haybhi1:
Goodluck to us.

When it is "who come dey shop" you people are concerned about.
Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by Asswipemod: 5:00am On Feb 24
Safyqueen:
Most southerners are dumb folded on this thread because the media made them to believe that Northerns doesn't goes to school.

Finally, you have something to squirt on.
Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by emperor4love(m): 7:36am On Feb 24
See as dem.de call names of ppl way go finish us
Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by ArewaNorth: 8:33am On Feb 24
haybhi1:
Goodluck to us.
Prof. Sagagi is from Bayero University Kano, BUK.
HE taught me Enterpreneuship during my undergraduate days at BUK and took me some courses at Dangote Business school as well.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) Member by ufuosman(m): 10:02am On Feb 24
Best of luck

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Letters Of Credence From Ambassadors Of Sudan, Saudi Ara / 9th NASS Leadership: PDP Leaders Meet Serving, Incoming Lawmakers To Plot Apc’s / Femi Fani-Kayode: ‘Learn Opposition Politics From Venezuela, Sudan’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.