Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil (12089 Views)

Italy PM Says Companies Can Buy Russian Natural Gas In Rubles / White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert / Germany, Allies Have Taken Decision To Cut Some Russian Banks From SWIFT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by maasoap(m): 6:37am On Mar 07, 2022
Hypocrites everywhere. Where they had advantages, they cut ties or banned Russia. But where they are at disadvantages, they're giving excuses for continuing doing businesses with Russia. This world, ehn!
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 07, 2022
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by maasoap(m): 6:41am On Mar 07, 2022
EddyNumerouno:
lmao
for those who dont understand, Russia supplies Europe 40% of gas used in cooking, heating, and other domestic and industrial purposes. its funny NATO imposes sanctions on one hand, and still buys from Russia with the other hand.
[s] meanwhile, a certain West African country has a shitload of natural gas, and guess what they do with it...they flare it. thats right, it gets burnt and produces acid rain and other environmental problems. [/s]

in order words, if Mr Putin should vex and "off" tap, winter go bloody for Europe

You're not up to date my friend.
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by maasoap(m): 6:43am On Mar 07, 2022
Draslo:
grin

Truth is everybody on this planet will pay a price for this very costly war. Englnd's deputy PM said yesterday that cost of fuel will increase in the EU wey get multiple refineries. Wetin be our own fate gan gan? He also said he expects this war to last for years.

Dangote refinery is coming on board soon, timely intervention.
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by ashawopikin(m): 6:44am On Mar 07, 2022
It is always "difficult" to buy cheap crude grin grin
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by Lovenorth: 6:46am On Mar 07, 2022
Russia is invincible, Putin is there to clear the enemies of the mankind
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by JustforMen: 6:52am On Mar 07, 2022
koladata:
why can't Russia join nato too instead of the war

NATO was formed specifically to defend against Russia.
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by winterfell007(m): 6:57am On Mar 07, 2022
The west taught placing sanctions on Putin will deter him but they forgot that they still rely on Russian oil and gas to oil their industry. Oil prices have hit a record high and the US citizens are also feeling the impact. They forgot we live in a global village, whatever happens to one affects all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by Jackanda1(m): 7:04am On Mar 07, 2022
EddyNumerouno:
lmao
for those who dont understand, Russia supplies Europe 40% of gas used in cooking, heating, and other domestic and industrial purposes. its funny NATO imposes sanctions on one hand, and still buys from Russia with the other hand.
meanwhile, a certain West African country has a shitload of natural gas, and guess what they do with it...they flare it. thats right, it gets burnt and produces acid rain and other environmental problems.

in order words, if Mr Putin should vex and "off" tap, winter go bloody for Europe
Putin isn't that dumb, with sanctions going around, i doubt he'll cut off his only remaining source of income.
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by winterfell007(m): 7:04am On Mar 07, 2022
maasoap:

Dangote refinery is coming on board soon, timely intervention.

Mtcheww!! The overhyped refinery will change anything much in the country. Don't bank on it
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by maasoap(m): 7:06am On Mar 07, 2022
b03liberty:

Putin once proposed to join, but turn down by nato

Well, one day, their ganging up against Russia will bring destruction to the mother earth. If not now, it will definitely be another time.
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by maasoap(m): 7:10am On Mar 07, 2022
winterfell007:

Mtcheww!! The overhyped refinery will change anything much in the country. Don't bank on it

It's not overhyped, it's the real deal. The biggest in West Africa if not in the whole Africa.
And secondly, it's privately owned. Not just by any individual but Dangote. I'm not sure about what the pump price will be and if the FG will continue subsidising or not but there is one thing I'm sure of when it comes online: that's steady supply of fuels to the Nigeria market, you can bank on that my friend.

1 Like

Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by engrchykae(m): 7:15am On Mar 07, 2022
EddyNumerouno:
lmao
meanwhile, a certain West African country has a shitload of natural gas, and guess what they do with it...they flare it. thats right, it gets burnt and produces acid rain and other environmental problems.

why on earth are we flaring the gas?
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by Sheggy13(m): 7:17am On Mar 07, 2022
maasoap:

It's not overhyped, it's the real deal. The biggest in West Africa if not in the whole Africa.
And secondly, it's privately owned. Not just by any individual but Dangote. I'm not sure about what the pump price will be and if the FG will continue subsidising or not but there is one thing I'm sure of when it comes online: that's steady supply of fuels to the Nigeria market, you can bank on that my friend.
Just like you have steady supply of cement from same capitalist Dangote, but at an exhorbitant price.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by engrchykae(m): 7:17am On Mar 07, 2022
sylve11:
You don't like Russia but you like her oil. "I hate you and I love you". cool
Shell can kill for oil.
Them use oil swear for shell
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by MyMouth(m): 7:18am On Mar 07, 2022
maasoap:

Dangote is a bloody capitalist! Even when the refinary starts working, the only thing we may enjoy is steady flow of products but I bet u, we won't enjoy any price decrease. Checkout cement where he holds sway undecided. Imagine if the buhari government had built a good refinary, we could even sell our fuel for 10naira per litre since it's our crude and we won't be importing. But this useless government and the ones before it did nothing! Imagine the money we would be making now that the price of crude is very high?
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:31am On Mar 07, 2022
EddyNumerouno:
lmao

Isn't it a 2 edged sword though.
If he vex an off tap, he vex and locks his export revenues as well and with all these economic sanctions, it's a decision he can I'll afford.
Pakistan can not, and I repeat can not buy 20% of the 1/3 Russia supplies to Europe.
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by IgOga(m): 7:31am On Mar 07, 2022
koladata:
why can't Russia join nato too instead of the war

Putin asked Bill Clinton in the 90s for Russia to join NATO but they said NOPE
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by Alamkir: 7:45am On Mar 07, 2022
gaby:
Lol

This is how God keeps everyone and the world in check by making us interdependent on one another.
I believe these ur quote, God will not come down to help us. Even amongst animals God does this too
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by gaby(m): 7:50am On Mar 07, 2022
Alamkir:

I believe these ur quote, God will not come down to help us. Even amongst animals God does this too

That's the original origin of the word "check and balances".
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by prophetfire: 7:57am On Mar 07, 2022
DeLaRue:

Shell is a multinational company with its global HQ in the UK. It is not a Dutch (Holland) company.

Last year, it changed its name from Royal Dutch Shell to just 'Shell', it's original British name.
. Why did they put the "Dutch" there?
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by Truvelisback(m): 7:58am On Mar 07, 2022
Shell, the fight no concern u. This is business. if u fold ur hands because of what the U.S and NATO are saying, na u go, go broke.

1 Like

Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by icedbreez(m): 8:03am On Mar 07, 2022
Blood in Shell's hands since Ken Saro-wiwa.
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by Missionaire: 8:24am On Mar 07, 2022
Saifullah01:
It only smells profit to the western imperialists. I read somewhere how these same companies are scrambling to Namibia because they struck oil.

Modified:
Suddenly you would start hearing these familiar lines in Namibia
"why have the last 3 president come from only 1 party?"
You would start seeing spurious power tussle between ethnic groups

Trust me these problems though underlying, are fermented by external forces who want to benefit more than you from your resources.

Think
Nigeria - oil - insecurity
Libya oil - civil war
Iraq -oil - civil war
South Sudan -oil - civil war
Sudan-oil- civil war/political crises
Congo -diamond- civil war

And the list goes on. But if they have their puppets in power or their corporations have unfettered access to your resources like some gulf and African States, then you can watch them enjoy your resources in "peace"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by Cognitivereason: 8:52am On Mar 07, 2022
Sheggy13:

Just like you have steady supply of cement from same capitalist Dangote, but at an exhorbitant price.

Would u rather import it with scarce forex...have the naira further depreciate..
Sustain cement scarcity and allow black market business in cement??

Answer na...

So now because of the love of cheap fuel ..our local refinery died..our forex reserves eaten deeply and naira quickly losing value....today.. People are rushing to buy a litre of fuel for even N500 plus..

Wouldn't u rather buy it at the standard international price of N430 ..and be ensure of it abundant supply...
More than 30% savings on forex..and am pretty sure dollar to a naira won't have gone beyond N360 /$

Today oil is over $110 and Nigeria isn't benefiting shit cuz we have to pay more to subsidize the fuel that isn't even enough...

Tomorrow we will shout that Buhari is taking loans..were do u want money to come from?

Black people especially Nigerians are just too dumb to truly understand their problems
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by Cognitivereason: 8:53am On Mar 07, 2022
Truvelisback:
Shell, the fight no concern u. This is business. if u fold ur hands because of what the U.S and NATO are saying, na u go, go broke.
Exactly!! grin
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by Cognitivereason: 9:07am On Mar 07, 2022
MyMouth:

Dangote is a bloody capitalist! Even when the refinary starts working, the only thing we may enjoy is steady flow of products but I bet u, we won't enjoy any price decrease. Checkout cement where he holds sway undecided. Imagine if the buhari government had built a good refinary, we could even sell our fuel for 10naira per litre since it's our crude and we won't be importing. But this useless government and the ones before it did nothing! Imagine the money we would be making now that the price of crude is very high?

This is the exactly the mentality that killed our refinery "cheap fuel"..

U need to understand that no crude oil producer is entitled to cheap fuel...
The local refineries will buy crude at the standard international price which is now over $110 for Brent crude...and u expect them to refine it and sell for N10?...
The answer is no
.they will sell at the standard rate as well...
That y when crude oil price drops...NNPC smiles abit as the cost of subsidizing due reduces and vice versa..

The only advantage of refining locally is dat u don't spend anything to import fuel which is what weakened the value of naira...

If we had been producing fuel and other petroleum products ever since and there was nothing like fuel subsidies..
Am 100% sure dollar to naira will not be more than N160 or maximum N200 today...
Now the standard rate for gasoline is around $1 for a litre..

U want to tell me it will be expensive to buy a litre for N200...and have the fuel available...
Should I also remind u that if a dollar is N200..
A lot of things we buy today will be nearly half the price?..compare to now that it is over N550 for a dollar..

Nigerians don't just have sense...
We believe it government.. But obvious if we d youths get to that seat we will think the same way...
The problem of weakened naira..exorbitant dollar rate and fuel scarcity is the fault of the leaders of Nigeria from IBB down to GEJ...

I will not blaim bubu...cuz under his unfortunate tenure...he allocated huge forex to enable dangote start his refinery
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by Mykelslim: 9:58am On Mar 07, 2022
In Thanos voice "you couldn't live with your failure, where did it bring you back to? Me".
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by geletor: 10:11am On Mar 07, 2022
bancoleh:
Lols! Sanction no reach oil abi, Russia oil sweet well we'll oooooo
Video editing tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbXsmD7O4Ko
Re: Shell Defends 'Difficult' Decision To Buy Russian Crude Oil by seunny4lif(m): 10:48am On Mar 07, 2022
b03liberty:

Putin once proposed to join, but turn down by nato
Well said
Bush rejected Putin requested because NATO need Russia as enemy to function.
I watched Putin speech in 2007 Munich security meeting.
Today Several French factories, including Michelin— have shut their doors due to lack of supply of certain raw materials amid Russia/Ukraine conflict.

Hungary government has banned exportation of Wheat as wheat price has hit all time high.
With Russia and Ukraine controlling around 45% of world supply no wonder the Israeli PM was in Moscow.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Militaries Ammo Stocks Low As Ukraine War Drags - NATO, British Officials / Pictures Of Anti-Japanese Demonstrations In China / Tuggar To Israel: 'Palestine Deserves To Exist As An Independent Nation'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.