Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,380 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad (1643 Views)

"Those Accusing Me Of Sponsoring Boko Haram Are Mad" - Jonathan / Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? / George Bush Must Be Mad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by JustGood(m): 10:42am On Aug 03, 2007
No Oil Producing and Exporting Cartels (NOPEC) Act of 2007

This is sheer madness.

Americans want to institute legal action against other Nations for forming themselves into Trade Groups. So the Nigerian Government should also institute legal action against America and others for forming themselves into NATO, EU etc

http://judiciary.house.gov/newscenter.aspx?A=815

These American people don chop rat shit

1 Like

Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by Seun(m): 10:52am On Aug 03, 2007
Also discussed here: US Senate Declares OPEC Illegal shocked
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by Seun(m): 5:12am On Aug 06, 2007
Are they mad? Only if the act is approved by their congress. shocked
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by olanajim(m): 8:05am On Aug 06, 2007
Should the congress approve it, OPEC should draft a game plan to make them regret it. First of all every transaction on oil should be done in euro. This must begin even before the law become effective. Next, OPEC should withdraw their fund and assets from American banks. Other european nations are ready for the opportunties.

Other game plans must follow. American would just be shooting herself in the foot.

After all said and done, African Nations must come together and find a way of reviving Reparation crusade left by late MKO Abiola of blessed memory. We must make America and other nations that benefited from slave trade pay reparation for impoverishing the continent among others. It is time for others to wake up.
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by Olart(m): 4:54pm On Aug 06, 2007
It actions like this that swells the ranks of people like Fidel Castro and the Hugo Chavez and countries like Cuba and Venezuela respectively. It is a big insult on the intellectual capacity and national independence of all OPEC countries in the world. But just like the stupid and moribound iraq war, any such legislation will at best expose the ignorance and arrogant side of the american govt.
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by osereka(m): 5:15pm On Aug 06, 2007
while some people think anything america do is right
SMALL, SMALL EVERYBODI GO UNDERSTAND amer-IKA
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by Seun(m): 6:59pm On Aug 06, 2007
The world cannot afford this brain-damaged version of America. I hope Obama wins the next election!
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by osereka(m): 7:19pm On Aug 06, 2007
can a black man win in america?
with ballot boxes disapearing in transit?
SEUN THINK AGAIN!
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by Seun(m): 8:22pm On Aug 06, 2007
If Obama doesn't win, then we might be able to settle for Hillary Clinton. Not people like Guilianni!
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by Abeem(m): 1:05am On Aug 07, 2007
Seun,
Obama recent utterances might put his chances in jeopardy. Because he was criticized by fellow aspirants as highly inexperienced and unfit for the job, he said and I qoute, "I am willing to invade other countries and even use nuclear bomb if necessary if intelligent report point to a high value target in a country even if the country is an ally to the US." He made this speech last week when reporters asked him about what he would do to Pakistan in the on-going war on terror.
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by Abeem(m): 1:28am On Aug 07, 2007
Seun:

If Obama doesn't win, then we might be able to settle for Hillary Clinton. Not people like Guilianni!
I like Hillary Clinton and I will vote for her. But the right wing conspiracy being orchestrated by radio talk shows are unashamedly partisan and vitriolic in their attack of Hilary's personality.  They will stop at nothing to stop her. These people have an ally in the conservative Christian groups who only needed to be reminded of how the presidency was diminished during the presidency of her husband.
Other people are also saying they are tired of the Bush /Clinton dynasty - between the two families, they would have held office for a record 20 years counting from 1988 to 2008; to these people, it is time to break from the rulership of the two powerful families.
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by denex: 8:53am On Aug 07, 2007
@Abeem

when quoting somebody, you're actually supposed to say EXACTLY that they said. So please in the name of all that is sacred, quote what Obama said.
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by osereka(m): 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2007
remember in america elections na selection dem de do o
the person the public want can not win , BUSH WILL MAKE IT SO!
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by Abeem(m): 2:53am On Aug 08, 2007
denex:

@Abeem

when quoting somebody, you're actually supposed to say EXACTLY that they said. So please in the name of all that is sacred, quote what Obama said.
What are you trying to suggest? Are you saying that Obama did not utter the statement I credited to him? Did you listen to NPR radio or BBC World news? I listened to him on the air and that was what he said. If you doubt it, go to Npr.org or check BBC World Service Website for full account of his reckless statement.
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by TCUBE(m): 7:20am On Aug 11, 2007
I have been in support of the move to crap OPEC, but insulting the organization is just unfair and unreasonable, America should realise that other countries are catching up fast , in otherwords, other countries are no longer push overs
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by denex: 3:35pm On Aug 12, 2007
@Abeem

this is what Obama said:

"I understand that President Musharraf has his own challenges. But let me make this clear, if we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf will not act, we will."
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by Seun(m): 3:39pm On Aug 12, 2007
I thought you said he said he wants to invade foreign countries?
Re: NOPEC Act 2007 - Americans Must Be Mad by denex: 3:42pm On Aug 12, 2007
I didn't say that. Abeem did.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Aminu Safana Dies / Inec Says Yorubamen Are Okobo / Lagos State, Nigerian Conservation Foundation Walk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.