Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? (26457 Views)

Niger Delta Oil Spills Clean-up Will Take 30 Years, Says UN - Guardian UK (2011) / See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 11:41am On Dec 29, 2010
Hello fellow Nigerians.

Another patriot is about to take a leap into the abyss and return home from the UK

Two questions :

1. Do you think I am mad ? if yes state why

2. What are the possible challenges

3. For a good Job, how much is enough monthly, 2M million Naira a month ?

Your contributions will be appreciated.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by hakanai(m): 12:08pm On Dec 29, 2010
Guy come back first and do your bid!which ever way someone is got to fix this place and i tell it ain't gonna be someday else but you! shocked
We've being here and you should know the risk are bound just like any other place.All you need to do is make the intent and jump in.some make it and others don't !typical in every part of the world.I will be glad to pick you up and say welcome home we've being expecting youUuu!!!! grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2010
Lol,

Thanks,

I know you, so of course please pick me up when I arrive, grin grin grin grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by otokx(m): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2010
Come back and start a business; who do you want to give you 2 million a month?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by DeeJay20: 1:06pm On Dec 29, 2010
Dude look before you leap ie go and check things out first
before you go back finally, and if you have a house in the UK dont sell it,
Just rent it out!!!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by cougar1: 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2010
notcorrupt:

Hello fellow Nigerians.

Another patriot is about to take a leap into the abyss and return home from the UK

Two questions :

just make sure you go there loaded. the first few weeks will be very tough. the cost of living in that part of the world is astronomical and the over-celebrated malls in palms/galleria are your normal one pound shops in east ham but the prices there compete with selfridges/ house of fraser. believe me, you will be pissed.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by oderemo(m): 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2010
@ topic,
for excellent advice go to buss. Section , there is a similar thread with superb advice frm many ppl. Gd luck.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by ekubear1: 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2010
If you can secure a job that pays you 2 million naira a month, that is more than enough money to move (assuming you don't have enormous expenses like a cocaine habit  grin )

Also, I don't think you'll miss too much from the UK if you relocated somewhere like Abuja. Roads, infrastructure, power supply and safety are all pretty high here, if you live in a nice part of town.

EDIT: typo
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2010
otokx:

Come back and start a business; who do you want to give you 2 million a month?

Believe me , some international companies will pay that much
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2010
eku_bear:

If you can secure a job that pays you 2 million naira a month, that is more than enough money to move (assuming you don't have enormous amounts or a cocaine habit  grin )

Also, I don't think you'll miss too much from the UK if you relocated somewhere like Abuja. Roads, infrastructure, power supply and safety are all pretty high here, if you live in a nice part of town.

grin grin grin grin grin grin Cocaine ke, God forbid.

Abuja is too boring, Lagos is my type of city, chaotic but hustling and bustling.

Also I am not one to be too particular on comforts, security though is a must.

Thanks,
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2010
ode remo:

@ topic,
for excellent advice go to buss. Section , there is a similar thread with superb advice frm many ppl. Gd luck.

Will do, many thanks
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lagbaja20: 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2010
notcorrupt:

grin grin grin grin grin grin    Cocaine ke, God forbid.

Abuja is too boring, Lagos is my type of city, chaotic but hustling and bustling.

Thanks,

Great puna-ni too, very cheap as well!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2010
relocate at your own risk
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by illusion2: 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2010
notcorrupt:

Hello fellow Nigerians.

Two questions :

1. Do you think I am mad ? if yes state why FROM THE UK,NO YOU ARE NOT MAD,however to properly ascertain your level of sanity,I would like to know if you will be coming back with CHILDREN angry

2. What are the possible challenges ,very simple - NEPA &POLICE also be on the lookout for - MALARIA wink

3. For a good Job, how much is enough monthly, 2M million Naira a month ? IT DEPENDS. IF YOU'RE GOING TO LIVE IN ABUJA,LAGOS PORTHARCOURT OR KATSINA ALA grin

Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by redsun(m): 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2010
Naija is at the brink of war right now, think twice.Unless of course u are soldier like me,ready to delve into d chaos
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by AjanleKoko: 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2010
notcorrupt:

Hello fellow Nigerians.

Two questions :

So much for two questions. undecided

Though your third question is fit for comedy. Two million naira? I'm tempted to answer yes to your question 1.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 29, 2010
AjanleKoko:

So much for two questions. undecided

Though your third question is fit for comedy. Two million naira? I'm tempted to answer yes to your question 1.

LOL!!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Vigilante: 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2010
O dear me. Another going back home to add to the book of lamentations. Cheers.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by SEFAGO(m): 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2010
2 million naira a month c ur mouth grin grin grin

No b only 2 million naira a month. Add rolls royce to your job benefits grin

2 million naira a year is fit to live in Nigeria, however you will have to find the kind of job that will pay you that
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by ekubear1: 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2010
notcorrupt:

grin grin grin grin grin grin    Cocaine ke, God forbid.

Thanks,
Abuja tops the list for security of major cities in Nigeria, I think. Very quiet and peaceful.

Dunno if it is boring, there are supposed to be some good nightclubs and such here. Never been to them though. Though I'm not sure what you like doing for fun.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Dec 29, 2010
@Poster, what company pays N2 million a month these days in Nigeria? Could you please share so those of us out here can move back too to get a piece of that pie?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by SEFAGO(m): 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2010
@Poster, what company pays N2 million a month these days in Nigeria? Could you please share so those of us out here can move back too to get a piece of that pie?

Companies do pay that amount but they are usually oil companies, and they pay it to people with significant work experience. I know a couple of people who earn those kind of big bucks. Infact I worked for one long tym ago. Even with his 1 milla a month though he was still hustling. Makes sense- send your kids to private school+pay to live in VI/Ikoyi lagos areas+ maintain other stuff and 1 milla is nothin.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Olaedo1: 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2010
notcorrupt:

Hello fellow Nigerians.

Two questions :

Of course you are not mad for wanting to come back to your homeland,but, it would best to see how things turn out in nigeria after the presidential election and also i would advice you not to completely move everything there 2015 might be a boiling pot.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Also, I am not looking for you to convince me that it is possible, I am looking for specifics . . . what companies, what positions etc. nothing less
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2010
Vigilante:

O dear me. Another going back home to add to the book of lamentations. Cheers.    

LOL!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Vigilante: 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2010
@Kobo, surely you aint thinking of coming back cos of $15000/month are you? What of the other minuses?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 29, 2010
Vigilante:

@Kobo, surely you aint thinking of coming back cos of $15000/month are you? What of the other minuses?

STOP STOP STOP with the currency diff.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2010
Vigilante:

I will be going back on vacation anyways. If I can go back and make that much extra each month while I am down there for my vacation, that'll be a plus
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by OchiAgha2(m): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2010
You do know most people will think you did not succeed in the UK. That is why you are running back home. Unless you are retiring, I would stay in the UK and try to make it there.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lagbaja20: 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

Y[b]ou do know most people will think you did not succeed in the UK[/b]. That is why you are running back home. Unless you are retiring, I would stay in the UK and try to make it there.

So what?

You make it somewhere

If Yankee does not work, Nigeria might

I hate when people prefer to live as 2nd class citizens abroad, instead of going back home to play their part, and who knows he might strike it big in Nigeria.

Hakeem Bello Osagie, despite his Ivy league education and numerous job offers abroad, went back home. Isnt he doing just fine?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by AjanleKoko: 6:07pm On Dec 29, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I like the way these figures are thrown around. Wishful thinking guys.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by SEFAGO(m): 6:08pm On Dec 29, 2010
Also, I am not looking for you to convince me that it is possible, I am looking for specifics . . . what companies, what positions etc. nothing less

Exxon Mobil, Chevron Texaco, NNPC, Oanda, Nigerian Breweries (MD), British American Tobacco (MD), KPMG (MD), Accenture (MD), Ernst & Young (MD), Major banks in Nigeria (MD), e.t.c

specific enough for u  grin

Most oil companies pay 4-5 million naira even for recruits from abroad. Makes sense, the average engineer in America earns 60-70,000 dollars (8.4 million naira) though there is a difference in purchasing parity costs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

"We Are All Nigerians For Peter Obi" Oseloka Obaze Replies Tonye Barcanista. / Your Govt Is Temporary, I’ll Reclaim My Mandate – Atiku Tells Tinubu / Alex Badeh Killing: Police Arrest Five Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.