Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures (35372 Views)

Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity / Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" / South African Man's Bedroom Turns To A Bar With His Looted Drinks (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by cocoduck: 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2022
useni1:
End of American imperialism
story
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by CoronaVirusPro: 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2022
Frankiss44:

Of course he knows.. Reason why China won't be among his top 10 countries to migrate to.. Majority of them here criticizing the US will die to get a 36 hrs visa to the states cheesy

Exactly!
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Newboss(m): 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:
Union pay grin grin grin grin

Comedy!

Who accepts union pay? Union Bank?

Most ATMs do. Check out some ATMs tomorrow
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by chopnaira: 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2022
Frankiss44:

Lame man's view as usual... All the west need to na to ban Union pay from Russians... Sanction still stands cheesy
Yeah

PayPal shuts down it's services in Russia. Whether someone uses UnionPay, visa, MasterCard, AMEX, that person is still not making that transaction aslong as it originates from Russia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by PotatoSalad(m): 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
callme9mm:
Nice. There’s still going to be another type of Facebook, Search Engine(s) that will compete with Google, other great things will come up that wouldn’t be from the USA. And it’s going to be global and very competitive with their predecessors.

Maybe it’s going to be from Nigeria, who knows smiley cos I know Nigerians and plenty of African Countries have lots of talent that are yet to be discovered. Power Will Change Hands. Peace.
Eg TikTok vs YouTube

2 Likes

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by 2sexycom(m): 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
sunboy:
China is the ultimate winner of this way, China already won.
Not Russia, not Ukraine, nor the West but the Chinese without firing a single shot.
Those guys are smart... very smart. But I don't see how UnionPay will work on other platform like amazon.com if they decide to reject it? lol
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by 2sexycom(m): 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2022
chopnaira:

Yeah

PayPal shuts down it's services in Russia. Whether someone uses UnionPay, visa, MasterCard, AMEX, that person is still not making that transaction aslong as it originates from Russia
Exactly what I just said... it does not change anything.

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by cocoduck: 7:45pm On Mar 07, 2022
dustydee:

Absolutely. The US and EU will just succeed in pushing Russia further towards China and that may lead to more problems for them in the long term. I think they should intead negotiate with Russia and offer them guarantees in exchange for the end of hostilities.
BS. China already are buddies with Russia. Ok? But the friendship won't yield much at least on the short term.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Invitationn: 7:45pm On Mar 07, 2022
Millz404:
How many places accept Union pay. In addition a lot of systems and integrations needs to be changed/worked on. Na today work? Many corporations in Russia would rather downscale and wait a little bit
Necessity is the mother of invention.
I'd rather go for what's slow but certain than for what's fast but yet uncertain.
And what do you mean by how many places accept Union pay grin
Don't assume, read about Union pay first!
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Peng12345: 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
To those asking who is using Union pay, I have used from Nigeria by proxy

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by SocialJustice: 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
dustydee:

Absolutely. The US and EU will just succeed in pushing Russia further towards China and that may lead to more problems for them in the long term. I think they should intead negotiate with Russia and offer them guarantees in exchange for the end of hostilities.
Putin is a stupid man that can not be reasoned with. He thinks he is the saviour that will restore some sort of USSR. He has only succeeded in ostracising Russians from the rest of the world.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by mach7(m): 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Shipping what? Its all about logistics! Is Nigeria not importing fuel? Its all about logistics. Common, this is 2022.

Food stuff make it from Africa to Canada. Pipeline option is also on the table.

And you making look like rocket science.

Bros, I no wan yab you. So you are saying a pipeline should be built to transfer LNG from Canada to Europe. Even Natural gas sef cannot be done using such means...

Insought, your "madness" is legendary.

Fyi...LNG is transported using ships.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by CoronaVirusPro: 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
Newboss:

Trust me, If you travel with that card, you will beg for money at some point.

You can give it a try.

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by mach7(m): 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
cocoduck:
list of countries that use UnionPay please.
F...ck off
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Invitationn: 7:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
cocoduck:
BS. China already are buddies with Russia. Ok? But the friendship won't yield much at least on the short term.
Does this alliance look short term considering the situation on ground?

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by cocoduck: 7:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
mach7:
F...ck off
hahahahahaha.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by chopnaira: 7:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
useni1:
End of American imperialism
You think. Are you using an Android phone?
Do you use MS document or Apple IOS?
Do you use Adobe Reader?
E.t.c.
grin
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by tamdun: 7:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
Oddfinder:
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
RIP to visa and MasterCard
Na chinko u wan use play?
China'spopulation is 1b, the card is used in over 180 countries
More cash out for China. Russia don use back door enter market again..
Those people no think well at all, apple, mastercard, PayPal etc dishing out sanctions as if their service to Russia is free, they are going to lose a lot of money and after the war, they may never do well in Russian market again, China will clinch this opportunity like....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Peng12345: 7:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
Newboss:

Nor mind dem, ignorant people.

Enough of US and UK wahala, just imagine Roman Abramovich is forced to sell is cherished club
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by osazsky(m): 7:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
Tellwhat:

In today?

Nope. China is the future that's just the unfortunate truth.

And soon if we Africans are not careful they will recolonise us albeit economically.

It's already happening like in countries like Zambia
oga stop typing rubbish..if u have mention Japan technology i go listen to u..a chinese man is an igbo man...very treakish and always prefers sunstandard products..like the igbo man that was conviencing me to buy samsong instead of samsung..there are no product regulations agency in china..u cant go to America and tell them to produce nakia for you instead of Nokia but u can actually go to China as an igbo man and tell them to produce samsong instead of samsung once ur products are out u start selling in china and nigeria but not ur product cant enter Europe and america they have regulatory bodies there that will destroy them and sorry to say unlike china and nigeria these agencies dont take bribe..so stop typing rubbish from jos try they travel out from Nigeria so that u can learn..i have been to 4 countries relax we know these things thks

2 Likes

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by mach7(m): 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2022
chopnaira:

Yeah

Paypal is a money transfer platform and not a card settlement platform. Nothing concerns the usability of Unionpay with Paypal

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by chronique(m): 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Russia does not hold monopoly of energy.

Canada and Nigeria are good examples of country that can power Europe. stop sounding like Russia is the only country in the world with LNG

At what cost? You think the cost of supplying Nigerian or Canadian gas to Europe is cheap? The question is not about whether there is gas or oil elsewhere but at what cost. Simple economics.

4 Likes

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Oddfinder: 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2022
tamdun:

Those people no think well at all, apple, mastercard, PayPal etc dishing out sanctions as if their service to Russia is free, they are going to lose a lot of money and after the war, they may never do well in Russian market again, China will clinch this opportunity like....
Russia is taking note of dem all..after the war he go face dos ones

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Peng12345: 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Trust me, If you travel with that card, you will beg for money at some point.

You can give it a try.

True, but sometimes freedom and less dependent on others comes at a cost.

We Nigerians should learn to be independent on ourselves rathar than depending on other countries, we import more and export less
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by cocoduck: 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2022
chopnaira:

You think. Are you using an Android phone?
Do you use MS document or Apple IOS
grin
these people are ignorant, let me give them an example. Russian airlines that operate Boeing and Airbus airplanes as their main fleet, need spare parts to maintain thier fleet, with these sanctions, who will sell it to them? So how is Russia not dependent on the US?
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Oddfinder: 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2022
chopnaira:

Even if it's used by one person In Nigeria, Nigeria would be listed as 1 out of that 180 countries grin

It's not about total country that matters but how popular it is in those countries. To the best of my knowledge, Visa and MasterCard also reign supreme in Nigeria.
Its not my fault that you couldn't comprehend wat u read from the report..kindly read it again.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by osazsky(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2022
tamdun:

these companies value human lives more than money..i know y u keep shouting money sha..its normal in nigeria..igbo doc can give u chalk to drink provided u pay him and go and die at home..apple is not a small coy..russia has wasted land masss but wat is thier population..1 to 20 them nor come out so they are irtelevent..then thier inhabitable percentage is 23 percent..mountains desert sea chop everywhere in Russia
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by holuwajobar(m): 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2022
Fiscus105:

They should negotiate that Russian should take over Ukraine abi?
like do you guys know what russia is fighting for ?

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Millz404(m): 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2022
Invitationn:

Necessity is the mother of invention.
I'd rather go for what's slow but certain than for what's fast but yet uncertain.
And what do you mean by how many places accept Union pay grin
Don't assume, read about Union pay first!

Over 180 countries I know. But how many merchants have it added to their payment checkout. How many international websites/platforms have it alongside MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Discover etc. How many do you know of so I can run a verification. Using Nigeria and west African countries as a case study, how many banks are issuing the card as physical or virtual cards?

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by cocoduck: 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2022
chronique:

At what cost? You think the cost of supplying Nigerian or Canadian gas to Europe is cheap? The question is not about whether there is gas or oil elsewhere but at what cost. Simple economics.
Donald Trump flooded the market with American oil, and oil prices plummeted. Joe Biden is the one causing this whole thing.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by CoronaVirusPro: 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2022
mach7:
Bros, I no wan yab you. So you are saying a pipeline should be built to transfer LNG from Canada to Europe. Even Natural gas sef cannot be done using such means...

Insought, your "madness" is legendary.

Fyi...LNG is transported using ships.

smh.....

You even insulted me.

You are foolishness is next to none and I don't blame you, its hereditary.

Now Google Nord Stream 2. Read about it and get familiar with technology, commodity and aim of project

Come back here and insult me.

Village boy claiming "enlightened" in 2022.

Hello, you far behind the present.

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by nedekid: 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2022
Imagine this was the same people we wanted to use to handle our national ID card system.
Some of use were against it. One you have issues with them they shut you down.
I believe it's same thing with those tukano planes. You have issues and the will remotely shut it down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Abramovich Exports His Two £1.3bn Yatchs To Avoid Them Getting Seized / 'Robert Mugabe Can No Longer Walk' - President Emmerson Mnangagwa / Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.