Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone (20210 Views)

Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? / Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? (2) (3) (4)

Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by mrmayormedia: 4:35pm On Mar 07, 2022
It's valid but with a limit. You need to upgrade your account with nepa bill and others
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by Emryscoe: 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2022
thesolutions:

The account is valid. But you need to go to the bank for further documentation. There is limit to the account.

Not a staff.

In addition to the above. Going to the branch for further documentation may not be necessary, provided you opened the account with your BVN. However, you would be required to visit their branch to request for a debit card (to enable you transfer funds via USSD, ATM) and documentation ( if you wish to upgrade the account to a Standard one that can allow you receive above 50k per inflow.
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by Newboss(m): 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2022
WhizdomXX:
Yes na. First Bank even suprised me today. I Updated my misplaced number with my new one without me going to their office.

That's very bad. Identity theft is a real thing.
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by Winsolution: 4:39pm On Mar 07, 2022
merits:
grin Don't worry just continue,but am looking forward to a future tread that will read "i opened first bank account on my phone and all my savings gone the drain"
so funny, you can't kill me with laugh.

Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by okonja(m): 4:40pm On Mar 07, 2022
thesolutions:

The account is valid. But you need to go to the bank for further documentation. There is a limit to the account.

Not a staff.

I don't know why they don't make things easier for us. I opened my Standard chattered account on my mobile and also received my ATM card without stepping into any of their branches.
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by WhizdomXX(m): 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2022
MissionaryArchi:

How did you do it Sir
I just tried the 894 code and it seems the line was already linked.
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by WhizdomXX(m): 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2022
Newboss:

That's very bad. Identity theft is a real thing.
How Sir?
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by vikstandon(m): 4:42pm On Mar 07, 2022
Marketers for First Bank has come online...
First Bank is very poor in their services...is my salary account, I have passed through lots from them.
They have poor attendants!
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by Banter1(m): 4:44pm On Mar 07, 2022
thesolutions:

The account is valid. But you need to go to the bank for further documentation. There is limit to the account.

Not a staff.
True. I did same sometimes ago
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by Scientheosopher(m): 4:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
alanto:

Opened one via ussd myself and have been using it for almost a year. Opened access bank too.
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by Tarokboy: 4:52pm On Mar 07, 2022
The account is okay as it is.
Maximum amount that can be in account as it is 300,000 naira
Maximum single credit into account as it is 50,000 naira

For withdrawals and ATM as it is,kindly visit any Branch with a passport photo only.

Please note that before any transfers from said account,you must visit any branch for an ATM card as ATM card must be linked for transfers.

For an upgrade of the account,visit any branch with a valid ID,passport photo and a recent Utility bill -not more than 3months.
Regards.
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by SocialJustice: 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2022
Legendrysailor:
Good day nairalanders, pls I opened a first bank savings account with my phone using my bvn I want to know if the account is valid, or do I need to go to a first bank branch. Normally first bank ask for certain requirements to open a savings account for example nepa bill, account opening cash and means of identification but dis requirements wia not asked of me during d online registration. Pls I need a response is really urgent
Your BVN has your all your details except address but why are you still using legacy banks that steal your money and charge for transfers. Go to one of the neo banks that give 100 free transfers monthly, free virtual and debit card.
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by Fadafada231(m): 5:02pm On Mar 07, 2022
okonja:

I don't know why they don't make things easier for us. I opened my Standard chattered account on my mobile and also received my ATM card without stepping into any of their branches.

How did you receive ATM card without setting ur foot to the bank?
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by matm: 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2022
I did the same.You must visit a first bank branch with your passport to validate it.Failure to do so, u can deposit money in it but can't withdraw.But don't fear, the account is real and active.If u did it through 894
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by Olam09(m): 5:04pm On Mar 07, 2022
Legendrysailor:
Good day nairalanders, pls I opened a first bank savings account with my phone using my bvn I want to know if the account is valid, or do I need to go to a first bank branch. Normally first bank ask for certain requirements to open a savings account for example nepa bill, account opening cash and means of identification but dis requirements wia not asked of me during d online registration. Pls I need a response is really urgent

It's legit bro.. you can now open bank accounts with access, Kuda, First bank and othet banks at the comfort of your home given if you have the means of id like NIN BVN and nepa bill.
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by Makschinchin: 5:06pm On Mar 07, 2022
Legendrysailor:
The account is valid, it's just that you won't be able to make a withdrawal on it (until you finish the necessary documentations in the bank) but you can deposit money into it
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by Makschinchin: 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
SocialJustice:
Your BVN has your all your details except address but why are you still using legacy banks that steal your money and charge for transfers. Go to one of the neo banks that give 100 free transfers monthly, free virtual and debit card.

Like...
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by dhoncesar(m): 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2022
Legendrysailor:

The account is valid. But you might not be able to withdraw. You will need to visit the bank to submit the remaining documents . then it will be activated .
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by ButterBurger: 5:13pm On Mar 07, 2022
When you get problem, you go go bank.
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by SocialJustice: 5:14pm On Mar 07, 2022
Makschinchin:

Like...
Fair Money, Go Money, V Bank.

Winsolution

Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by Denzelwash(m): 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2022
You got that right dude �
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by Okikiola914(m): 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
Opening account online is total waste of time. You will still need to visit any of their branch and fill the form again. Go with ur passport photo, ID card and nepa bill.
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by aigohior(m): 5:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
Since you opened the account with bvn, your account is okay.
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by ijoba22(m): 5:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
merits:
grin Don't worry just continue,but am looking forward to a future tread that will read "i opened first bank account on my phone and all my savings gone the drain"
You are still leaving in the dark age
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by Winsolution: 5:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
SocialJustice:
which bank is that
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by MARYIAN(f): 5:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
You can deposit but can't withdraw.
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by ijoba22(m): 5:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
cluewebhost:
When you go to the bank they'd be annoyed and tell you to open another one through one of their marketers grin grin grin
That was my experience.

It's through have the same experience, but I insist I have already have money in it.
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by Legendrysailor(m): 5:34pm On Mar 07, 2022
angelfallz:
the account is valid but with limitations. So you would need to go to the bank
Why not open a standard chartered account using only your phone, no need going to the bank because everything is done on your phone

But how will I get dia atm card
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by merits(m): 5:34pm On Mar 07, 2022
ijoba22:

You are still leaving in the dark age
yea na,no be only dark age,na shallow age i dey.otondo.
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by Peejayx01(m): 5:42pm On Mar 07, 2022
Something that you can easily do on the Alat by Wema app. You can easily open an account from the comfort of your home without visiting the bank. Every documentation is done online. They even deliver ATM card to your doorstep
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by 27Pushing30: 5:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
Legendrysailor:
Nice promo ... kudos to the person who thought up this idea lol
Re: I Opened A First Bank Savings Account Online Using My Phone by MissionaryArchi(m): 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2022
WhizdomXX:

I just tried the 894 code and it seems the line was already linked.
Just did but it's not working

Dangote Tops Forbes’ 23 African Billionaires List For The 7th Time / Hadiza Bala-Usman: The Many "Sins" Of Suspended NPA MD / Amazon Mechanical Turk Questions And Answers