Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Cycling Around Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cycling Around Nigeria (405 Views)

Why Can't Nigerians Adopt The Cycling Means Of Transportation (bicycle) Pics. / Must-see Historical Buildings When You Travel Around Nigeria / Young Lady Travels Around Nigeria Via Train In 14 Days [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cycling Around Nigeria by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 07, 2022
Anyone interested?
Exploring Nigeria...
No fuel cost...
No acommodation costs: tent camping is the way...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by budaatum: 3:14pm On Mar 07, 2022
I wish I could but my cycling days are over. And I am very jealous!

When you do get people though and do start, I'll contribute 10k to tyre purchase if photos are posted on here.

2 Likes

Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 07, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 07, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 4:16pm On Mar 07, 2022
There are groups in Nigeria that cycle and they have trips like this. Why don’t you join one? Before person go cycle with random ritualists and kidnappers. cry
Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by budaatum: 4:19pm On Mar 07, 2022
Poco, imagine I say the same thing when you cook and invite me to eat and you just might delete that post of yours before someone quotes you.
Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 4:34pm On Mar 07, 2022
budaatum:
Poco, imagine I say the same thing when you cook and invite me to eat and you just might delete that post of yours before someone quotes you.

Different scenarios. You can easily point to me and my house that you came to eat the food. Even my (food) business is duly registered.

Gathering a group of strangers on NL (an anonymous forum) to cycle across Nigeria in these perilous times is not anywhere close to me giving you food to eat.

Who would do the KYC?
Would he know the history of these cyclists?
Where do they work or live? Are there guarantors?

Anyone should feel free to quote it or he can take it as a guide on his registration process.
Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by budaatum: 5:25pm On Mar 07, 2022
pocohantas:

Different scenarios. You can easily point to me and my house that you came to eat the food. Even my (food) business is duly registered.

Gathering a group of strangers on NL (an anonymous forum) to cycle across Nigeria in these perilous times is not anywhere close to me giving you food to eat.

Who would do the KYC?
Would he know the history of these cyclists?
Where do they work or live? Are there guarantors?

Anyone should feel free to quote it or he can take it as a guide on his registration process.

I do not share your distrust of my fellow human being I guess, nor do I think a random group of people will join a cycle across Nigeria group just to kill me, and if I did think they would, that distrust will ignorantly extended to eating the wonderful food you'd cook.

1 Like

Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 5:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
budaatum:

I do not share your distrust of my fellow human being I guess, nor do I think a random group of people will join a cycle across Nigeria group just to kill me, and if I did think they would, that distrust will ignorantly extended to eating the wonderful food you'd cook.

I didn’t offer you food Buda, I honestly wouldn’t and I would be fine if you are sceptical about eating. People join groups for strange reasons and a group of random cyclists, cycling across Nigeria and sleeping wherever, are easy targets in current Nigeria. You don’t go on such with just anybody off a faceless forum. If they have to, he should do KYC. That is my own.

1 Like

Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by GloriousGbola: 5:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
pocohantas:

I didn’t offer you food Buda, I honestly wouldn’t and I would be fine if you are sceptical about eating. People join groups for strange reasons and a group of random cyclists, cycling across Nigeria and sleeping wherever, are easy targets in current Nigeria. You don’t go on such with just anybody off a faceless forum. If they have to, he should do KYC. That is my own.

There is a construction thread on this platform. At one time artisans on the thread were being called or invited for jobs.they would get to the site, be kidnapped and ransomed.

There are a lot of bad actors out here.
Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by budaatum: 5:36pm On Mar 07, 2022
Op, please know that I buda support your endeavour here, especially since you are not exactly forcing anyone to go cycling with you.

I am just sad that I can not go with you on what would be an amazingly interesting adventure with all its associated hardship and risk that would increase the fun of it.
Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 07, 2022
Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 07, 2022

1 Like

Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by pocohantas(f): 6:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
akli09:

To be honest, I didn't think much of it. I simply thought: " if some random guy can seek and find 5 co-investors to pay 15m for a Canada startup biz ( https://www.nairaland.com/6980903/canada-start-up-visa)...then I might be able to gather like minded folks on here too".

But point well taken: We live in perilous times...if a team is put together, do KYC. Got it.

Since you know all about KYC, how about you join the team, and should this idea mature into reality, you handle KYC? smiley

That was a nice and refreshing read. You know Nigerians don’t use japa to play, they fit drop kidney sef. I suggested the KYC thing because I have an ex-colleague that belongs to a cyclist group in Lagos and I know they verified their house and office address, plus guarantor. It just pays to know the people you are embarking on an adventure with. So please don’t take it wrongly, it is just a suggestion and I am sure some of your co-cyclists would care about these things too.

Lol. I can’t do such FOC o.

1 Like

Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 07, 2022
Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 07, 2022
Re: Cycling Around Nigeria by KJtemi: 10:27pm On Mar 07, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Better For Study And Has Better Living Standard? / Passport Number Mistake On VISA: What Can Be Done? / Insurance Firm Finally Agrees To Pay $35K Medical Bill Of Nigerian Mom In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.