Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family (1274 Views)

Slain BRT Passenger, Bamise Ayanwola, Buried Amidst Tears / My Marriage: Lessons For The Wise / How A Lady Murdered By Lover Who Committed Suicide Swindled 3 Suitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by seunlayi(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
Ayanwola got missing after boarding a BRT on February 26

Sensing danger as the bus did not pick any other passenger at subsequent bus stops, Oluwabamise had engaged a friend using voice notes on her phone.

The voice notes showed that the bus driver said he liked Oluwabamise and asked for her name and other details.

She told her friend to pray for her as she became suspicious of the bus driver and in response, the friend told her to alight at Oworonsoki bus stop — before Oshodi bus stop.

Oluwabamise had also sent a video to her friend showing how dark it was in the bus and said, “There are three men and one woman in the bus. The woman is sitting at the back. That’s the number of the bus in case. Please pray for me.’’

That was the last that was heard from Oluwabamise, according to her mother.

Thanks for the prompt arrest of the suspect but the police but we all know the job was made easier do to the smartness the deceased. May God grant Her the sweetest Eternal Rest.

Lessons

The use of smartphone by children which many parents seems not to be in support of is not favour of our current security system, if not for the smartphone with her, having some data, her ability to make appropriate use of it, her dead would have gone down as another unsolved misery. I will advice fellow parent to use smartphones to enhance whatever security we have on ground (prayer -this is the only thing we can do in Nigeria since we can't keep guns to protect our family members). Children can send pics or give details about vehicle they took, send locations at intervals while traveling, etc to the family group. Without pics, you can all assumed the person is yet to get to destination. This applies to parents also to sideways share it with each other whenever they go out of their regular daily route, we shouldmust update each other.

Thank you, you can add yours, let's learn from each other ideas.

CC: royalroy lalasticlala

Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by Malory: 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2022
I also learnt that my tribesmen are wicked
Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by seunlayi(m): 4:16pm On Mar 07, 2022
Malory:
I also learnt that my tribesmen are wicked
crime knows no tribe, it's everywhere when the law is weak

6 Likes

Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by solar007: 4:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
Using phone call can also help
Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by Beremx(f): 4:40pm On Mar 07, 2022
Only God knows how many people the ritual killers have murdered and they were so not lucky this time.
Sylvester Oromoni mentioned those that beat him up and gave him poisonous substance to drink, yet his case is being twisted. justice is yet to be served because Nigeria operates in a corrupt judicial system.

What makes me think this case won’t be swept under the carpet just like other murder cases?

Rest In Peace young woman.

5 Likes

Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by seunlayi(m): 5:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
Beremx:
Only God knows how many people the ritual killers have murdered and they were so not lucky this time.
Sylvester Oromoni mentioned those that beat him up and gave him poisonous substance to drink, yet his case is being twisted. justice is yet to be served because Nigeria operates in a corrupt judicial system.

What makes me think this case won’t be swept under the carpet just like other murder cases?

Rest In Peace young woman.
they won't sweep this under the carpet in order to safe the face of the brand - BRT
Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by baby124: 6:11pm On Mar 07, 2022
This drivers name sounds so fake. LASG should do better due diligence with whom they employ. This guy must have been doing it with other modes of transportation before becoming a BRT driver

2 Likes

Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by seunlayi(m): 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2022
baby124:
This drivers name sounds so fake. LASG should do better due diligence with whom they employ. This guy must have been doing it with other modes of transportation before becoming a BRT driver
don't let us not blame BRT management, their is just no way to detect someone with evil intent like this man.
Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by baby124: 10:16pm On Mar 07, 2022
seunlayi:
don't let us not blame BRT management, their is just no way to detect someone with evil intent like this man.
For Public safety how do they vet these drivers? You should let us know.

1 Like

Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by kazyhm(m): 10:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
Your own recommendation is the use of smartphone by children...as in every parent should allow their children to be using smartphone ?
And besides, did the smartphone saved her live ?

This girl is 22 years old for goodness sake......are you saying she is a kid ?

Instead recommend
1) proper reorientation of Nigerians; money ritual is not real, crime does not pay.
2) Adequate training for girl child to stop endangering themselves.
3) Advocate for good governance; state policing, functional and responsive social security, provision of emergency contact numbers.
4) compassionately citizenship, be your brother's keeper, reduction in superstitious religious practices, trust and mutual statemanship, respect and value for human life.
6) End to police and military brutality.
7) Embracing African community inclusiveness culture
cool Eradication of tribal sentiment and nepotism
9) Promotion of patriotism.
10) Promote citizen accountability.
11) fair and controlled working terms and conditions.
12) Regulate minimum wages for both private, government and SMEs employees.
13) protect rights of the Nigeria citizen.
14) Effective justice system.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 07, 2022
baby124:

For Public safety how do they vet these drivers? You should let us know.
Criminal record/background checks.

1 Like

Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by seunlayi(m): 6:23am On Mar 08, 2022
Yes, I agreed with the listed points. About mobile phone, nothing stops a child that can go in public transport alone from using it. I was not referring to kids. A man of 65yrs can still be listed as a child/children in the family.
Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by Fiscus105(m): 6:42am On Mar 08, 2022
seunlayi:
Ayanwola got missing after boarding a BRT on February 26

Sensing danger as the bus did not pick any other passenger at subsequent bus stops, Oluwabamise had engaged a friend using voice notes on her phone.

The voice notes showed that the bus driver said he liked Oluwabamise and asked for her name and other details.

She told her friend to pray for her as she became suspicious of the bus driver and in response, the friend told her to alight at Oworonsoki bus stop — before Oshodi bus stop.

Oluwabamise had also sent a video to her friend showing how dark it was in the bus and said, “There are three men and one woman in the bus. The woman is sitting at the back. That’s the number of the bus in case. Please pray for me.’’

That was the last that was heard from Oluwabamise, according to her mother.

Thanks for the prompt arrest of the suspect but the police but we all know the job was made easier do to the smartness the deceased. May God grant Her the sweetest Eternal Rest.

Lessons

The use of smartphone by children which many parents seems not to be in support of is not favour of our current security system, if not for the smartphone with her, having some data, her ability to make appropriate use of it, her dead would have gone down as another unsolved misery. I will advice fellow parent to use smartphones to enhance whatever security we have on ground (prayer -this is the only thing we can do in Nigeria since we can't keep guns to protect our family members). Children can send pics or give details about vehicle they took, send locations at intervals while traveling, etc to the family group. Without pics, you can all assumed the person is yet to get to destination. This applies to parents also to sideways share it with each other whenever they go out of their regular daily route, we shouldmust update each other.

Thank you, you can add yours, let's learn from each other ideas.

CC: royalroy lalasticlala

Is 22 years old lady a kid?

22years that graduated in some universities.

Meanwhile, what about negative aspect of it that outnumbered positive when kids allowed to used it?
Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by seunlayi(m): 7:22am On Mar 08, 2022
Fiscus105:

Is 22 years old lady a kid?

22years that graduated in some universities.

Meanwhile, what about negative aspect of it that outnumbered positive when kids allowed to used it?
she is not a kid. Get me right, will I give an android phone to someone below JSS 3 in this economy?
Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by bigjackass: 7:34am On Mar 08, 2022
The late girl did the right thing but must have thought it was wise to not let anyone know she was making video. I'm sure that if she made her phone call and video loud enough for those people to hear, they would have just dropped her at her destination to avoid getting into trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by Fiscus105(m): 7:54am On Mar 08, 2022
seunlayi:
she is not a kid. Get me right, will I give an android phone to someone below JSS 3 in this economy?

Any child that not yet in higher institution not need iPhone(smart) Oga, the disadvantages outnumbered advantages.

Can't she use ordinary phone to communicate as well? You people should think critical before u jump to hastily conclusion
Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by Ifyjos(f): 8:13am On Mar 08, 2022
This is heart breaking
Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by Stargurl20(f): 9:59am On Mar 08, 2022
This is so touching. I watched the video on Facebook yesterday where the mother of the murdered girl was crying helpless. This country is just to messed. Both the govt and her people.
Re: Re: Bamise Ayanwola Murdered By BRT Driver - Lessons for the family by seunlayi(m): 11:31pm On Mar 08, 2022
Stargurl20:
This is so touching. I watched the video on Facebook yesterday where the mother of the murdered girl was crying helpless. This country is just to messed. Both the govt and her people.
the video sure shared while in the bus is also available on YouTube

(1) (Reply)

UK Baby , Househd And Kitchen Items Are Available For Sale / Depressed I Want To End This Sufferness / The Story Of Sarah Baartman ( Viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.