Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,444 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? (5122 Views)

How Much Do You Spend Daily As A Married Or Single Man / Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 07, 2022
Yeah. There's this nairalander I became friends with some time last year or after the lock down. I can't really remember.

Hes different. In fact, the reason I replied his PM then was because after observing him for some time, I discovered he's very reserved. Writes intelligently and only visits mature sections. Religion section.

He was actually talking about a serious relationship. So we exchanged pics but what I saw discouraged me. He had the appearance of a Married man. You know that Married man looks. He called and we Spoke. He speaks so well and sounds great on the phone but I just kept wondering why he looked like that.

I told him to send a few more pics, he did but he still had that look.
While I was still caught in the whole confusion, something happened.

He's been the one calling. So one day I felt, let me do the calling today at least. I did but he didn't pick. He now called and said he'll call back later. I didn't think anything of it.
He called and we talked at length and all through he kept talking in the direction of marriage.

I called him another day, he didn't pick but later called and told me he'll call at a particular time. That was when I began to connect the dots. Like why does he prefer to do the calling at a particular hour of the day? I began to zero my mind.

He later called and asked me what time of the day Im free for calls as he wouldn't want to interrupt anything. I told him at nights.

He called me at the agreed time and I picked but the thing is if I call, he never picks.
So one day, he called and I picked then he immediately said I should give him some secs that he needs to change location. He called back and was sounding like someone in a hole. undecided. I asked why the background was so quiet, he said he was in the bathroom. wink. I let him finish what he was saying and blocked his line and WhatsApp.

Now, i blocked him because I felt he was prolly married, that was why he never picks my calls and choses a paticular time to call me to the point of hiding in the bathroom. So I forgot all about him.

He called me with another line, I blocked it again and it ended there. I deactivated the moniker he knows.

Yesterday, he sent a mail to my old account and was trying to strike a convo and asking why he hasn't heard from me in a while.

He seemed like a good guy/man but that shady character is what I don't get. I have a feeling he's married.

Should I tell him straight up what I think? Or ignore him altogether.

I don't know what he wants this time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Candidlady: 5:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
Ihad to pause to ask a question

How can you have the appearance of a married man?

Like seriously cheesy

This is new

Modified : auntie iam done reading erthing please be careful that is all ican say!! These men can't be trusted...

The appearance part in your write up is still cracking me up cheesy was it his eyes, height, body size or his lips that gave him out as a married man cheesy.

°°°°°choking on my CB°°°

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Malory: 5:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
Take him to amadioha to swear for you. But on a serious note I think he is hiding something from you

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by MCKitchen(f): 5:16pm On Mar 07, 2022
Nairaland is a faceless entity thus one have to thread carefully. Not all success stories you read here are true. Again suppose he is married how would we know since you are In doubt about it. Please leave this matter for Matias to look into it while you pick beans and cook for your family in peace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by SweetSauce(f): 5:16pm On Mar 07, 2022
He is probably married, no need asking him, cos he will deny it, just ignore him.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 07, 2022
Candidlady:

Like seriously cheesy

This is new

So you don't know how married men look? Hian! Lol..
Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2022
ask him if he is married directly...and if not convinced by his answer, just ask to meet him and tell him to show you where he lives....

if he refuses, RUUUUUUUUNNN!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2022
That's a married man you are dealing with, them plenty for nairaland looking for who to devour. The way married men claim to be single these days is scary. Be careful and tell him to his face to clear your doubts

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
SweetSauce:
He is probably married, no need asking him, cos he will deny it, just ignore him.

Exactly!

I once had an encounter with one like that. Immediately he sent his pics, I knew he was married. So i ignored him.
After sending loads of messages without any reply from me, he changed his dp, and dressed like a young boy but it was too late.

Few months down the line, he popped up on my Facebook wall and I saw where he was being congratulated by friends and families on his third baby's dedication. I checked further and saw his beautiful wife and baby. I just shook my head.

I still see his post on my wall and I just burst out laughing eact time. Meaning he's still has my number.

Men!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Naijanascam: 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
How do you know a married man?
Do you see him with sienna vehicle?
Do you hear the cry of a baby in the background?

With all these questions of mine I came to conclude that you are impatient and confused

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Candidlady: 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2022
Mercychen:

So you don't know how married men look? Hian! Lol..

Yakuri don't kill me with laugh cheesy

How do married men look?

Exhausted ? Lmao

Omg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2022
Candidlady:

Like seriously cheesy

This is new

Modified : auntie iam done reading erthing please be careful that is all ican say!! These men can't be trusted...

The appearance part in your write up is still cracking me up cheesy was it his eyes, height, body size or his lips that gave him out as a married man cheesy.

°°°°°choking on my CB°°°

Almost Everything. His waistline has dropped.
His wide belly and weak chest. ( Chuckles)

Though he still has a youthful face.

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
Iyaebe:
That's a married man you are dealing with, them plenty for nairaland looking for who to devour. The way married men claim to be single these days is scary. Be careful and tell him to his face to clear your doubts

I don't even think I wanna talk with him cos his contacts are still blocked in my phone.

MrBrownJay1:
ask him if he is married directñy...ad if not convinced by his answer, just ask to meet him and tell him to show you where he lives....

if he refuses, RUUUUUUUUNNN!

I will never visit any man in his house. Not a nairalander.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Candidlady: 5:34pm On Mar 07, 2022
Mercychen:

Almost Everything. His waist line has dropped.
His wide belly and weak chest. ( Chuckles)

Though he still has a youthful face.

Auntie please leave me cheesy

You need to see me iam choking on my smoke

Wtf...

He be strolling through this thread like "this lady is not alright " cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2022
Mercychen:
I will never visit any man in his house. Not a nairalander.

thats the only way to confirm that he aint married....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2022
Candidlady:

Auntie please leave me cheesy

You need to see me iam choking on my smoke

Wtf...

He be strolling through this thread like "this lady is not alright " cheesy

Lol... No he won't. He knew me with my old moniker.
Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by ValCon888: 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2022
If he's married, why is he stressing you about marriage? A cheating married man will only want you as a side chick and not a wife.

That doesn't mean he's not hiding something.

He could be talking to you about marriage as a route to getting into your pants. His behaviour shows he has something he's hiding.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by CatANDratTHEORY: 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2022
I stopped reading at
"He had the appearance of a Married man. You know that Married man looks. "

Abeg, how do married men look?

10 Likes

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by aanuoluwami14(f): 5:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
grin you must be either desperate or rushing to get married. Why not calm down to know better? Most of them here are happly married but writting single or single parent. Since he can't be picking calls, he is mad, they are many here, set of who are looking for flirts. Let him go

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Beremx(f): 5:46pm On Mar 07, 2022
You don’t need to ask him if he’s married. Do it indirectly.

Ask him for his Facebook name and pretend you want to add him up. Watch his reaction afterwards

Tell him you want to visit him in his house or place of work and wait for his reaction.

As simple as ABC

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
CatANDratTHEORY:
I stopped reading at

Like candidlady said, they look exausted. lipsrsealed That's one aspect though.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:49pm On Mar 07, 2022
Beremx:
You don’t need to ask him if he’s married. Do it indirectly.

Ask him for his Facebook name and pretend you want to add him up. Watch his reaction afterwards

Tell him you want to visit him in his house or place of work and wait for his reaction.

As simple as ABC

exactly!!!! sadly, the OP doesnt understand that asking someone to show you where they live, doesnt mean you have to actually enter any man's house.... his reaction/answer will automatically tell you if he is living with someone or not.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 07, 2022
aanuoluwami14:
grin you must be either desperate or rushing to get married. Why not calm down to know better? Most of them here are happly married but writting single or single parent.

Me?
Desperate? Far from it.

Do you even know the meaning of desperation? If I was desperate, I would have given in to him without giving it a thought.
Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 07, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

exactly!!!! sadly, the OP doesnt understand that asking someone to show you where they live, doesnt mean you have to actually enter any man's house.... his reaction/answer will automatically tell you if he is living with someone or not.

Going to receive a call in the bathroom alone is enough to tell me he's got something up his sleeve. So, no need.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by 1Sharon(f): 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2022
grin

You did everything but ask him if he's married.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by 1Sharon(f): 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2022
CatANDratTHEORY:
I stopped reading at

The same way married women look.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by SweetSauce(f): 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2022
Mercychen:

Exactly!

I once had an encounter with one like that. Immediately he sent his pics, I knew he was married. So i ignored him.
After sending loads of messages without any reply from me, he changed his dp, and dressed like a young boy but it was too late.

Few months down the line, he popped up on my Facebook wall and I saw where he was being congratulated by friends and families on his third baby's dedication. I checked further and saw his beautiful wife and baby. I just shook my head.

I still see his post on my wall and I just burst out laughing eact time. Meaning he's still has my number.

Men!
We ladies gaz open our eyes, his likes are plenty out there, I pity ladies that will fall victim to these kind of men, esp those ones desperately looking to settle down.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Truvelisback(m): 5:55pm On Mar 07, 2022
Mercychen:
Yeah. There's this nairalander I became friends with some time last year or after the lock down. I can't really remember.

Hes different. In fact, the reason I replied his PM then was because after observing him for some time, I discovered he's very reserved. Writes intelligently and only visits mature sections. Religion section.

He was actually talking about a serious relationship. So we exchanged pics but what I saw discouraged me. He had the appearance of a Married man. You know that Married man looks. He called and we Spoke. He speaks so well and sounds great on the phone but I just kept wondering why he looked like that.

I told him to send a few more pics, he did but he still had that look.
While I was still caught in the whole confusion, something happened.

He's been the one calling. So one day I felt, let me do the calling today at least. I did but he didn't pick. He now called and said he'll call back later. I didn't think anything of it.
He called and we talked at length and all through he kept talking in the direction of marriage.

I called him another day, he didn't pick but later called and told me he'll call at a particular time. That was when I began to connect the dots. Like why does he prefer to do the calling at a particular hour of the day? I began to zero my mind.

He later called and asked me what time of the day Im free for calls as he wouldn't want to interrupt anything. I told him at nights.

He called me at the agreed time and I picked but the thing is if I call, he never picks.
So one day, he called and I picked then he immediately said I should give him some secs that he needs to change location. He called back and was sounding like someone in a hole. undecided. I asked why the background was so quiet, he said he was in the bathroom. wink. I let him finish what he was saying and blocked his line and WhatsApp.

Now, i blocked him because I felt he was prolly married, that was why he never picks my calls and choses a paticular time to call me to the point of hiding in the bathroom. So I forgot all about him.

He called me with another line, I blocked it again and it ended there. I deactivated the moniker he knows.

Yesterday, he sent a mail to my old account and was trying to strike a convo and asking why he hasn't heard from me in a while.

He seemed like a good guy/man but that shady character is what I don't get. I have a feeling he's married.

Should I tell him straight up what I think? Or ignore him altogether.

I don't know what he wants this time.
U are Alfred. grin ur presumption might be right.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 07, 2022
SweetSauce:

We ladies gaz open our eyes, his likes are plenty out there, I pity ladies that will fall victim to these kind of men, esp those ones desperately looking to settle down.

True.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2022
Truvelisback:
U are Alfred grin ur presumption might be right.

Maybe his wife is pregnant again. They are always doing that when their wifes are pregnant.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by Beremx(f): 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

Op needs to gather sense o! Sorry to say that. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Know If This Nairalander Is Married Or Lying To Me? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2022
Mercychen:
Going to receive a call in the bathroom alone is enough to tell me he's got something up his sleeve. So, no need.

problem here is that this is all assumptions because you'd rather run than get answers to your query. you dont want to work that hard for the "possible" right man.

i am not saying he is married but the only way to find out is to actually A) ask and/or B) get proof that he aint. if you believe that this dude aint worth the time/effort then just continue blocking him and be merry.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make. / Why Do Many Girls Have Bad Attitude? : My Experience / How To Get A House Help In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.