Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Humiiated In Osun, Rejected In Lagos, Will Aregbesola Return To Tinubu's Camp? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Humiiated In Osun, Rejected In Lagos, Will Aregbesola Return To Tinubu's Camp? (17784 Views)

939,268 Votes Were Rejected In Presidential Election / Yoruba Nation Rally In Lagos Will Hold On July 3 - Olayomi Koiki / APC Rejected In The South East As PMB Enugu Campaign Rally Flops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Humiiated In Osun, Rejected In Lagos, Will Aregbesola Return To Tinubu's Camp? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2022
yyba:
his time is up in your village abi ?
Since self..
Re: Humiiated In Osun, Rejected In Lagos, Will Aregbesola Return To Tinubu's Camp? by Born2Breed(f): 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2022
yyba:
see as you are just fooling yourself in a public forum, where did i mention or referred to you as ibo ?

From someone who can't even spell Peter?
Re: Humiiated In Osun, Rejected In Lagos, Will Aregbesola Return To Tinubu's Camp? by yyba: 6:57pm On Mar 09, 2022
Born2Breed:

From someone who can't even spell Peter?
is that all
Re: Humiiated In Osun, Rejected In Lagos, Will Aregbesola Return To Tinubu's Camp? by JastSiryin(m): 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
Dsalvo:

Bro, if you can figure out why those with the best democracies and most developed nation in the world hold Tinubu in high regard and view him the defacto President of Nigeria, despite the 'negatives' you level against him, then you will realize all you wrote above amounts to being more catholic than the Pope.
Which people? You mean those who benefit from our continued impoverishment?... What you stated could be said about our current President. It is nothing but political correctness, and you know this.
Re: Humiiated In Osun, Rejected In Lagos, Will Aregbesola Return To Tinubu's Camp? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
JastSiryin:
Which people? You mean those who benefit from our continued impoverishment?... What you stated could be said about our current President. It is nothing but political correctness, and you know this.

Not true and you know this. Tinubu is genuinely well regarded for being modern, visionary, innovative, effective and delivering tangible transformation in a cesspit of retrogressive corruption.

The West does not think hypocritically or without pragmatism as Africans do. They know corruption is the system in Africa and they don't pretend any leader can operate in Africa and Nigeria, for now, without a degree of involvement in corruption.

They know corruption is attitudinal, plus a part of everyday life for most Africans, and not a leadership issue alone as folks like you simplistically insist. With that in mind, they seek the 'next best options' in that environment.

The next best option is of course leaders who operate in the corruption and still manage to be productive, visionary, reformational and innovative where nearly all else are emptily corrupt.

Believe me, Westerners are raised to be unrealistic. They won't seek saints where non exist or cannot exist. They pragmatically work with the best available in those environments.

This is why Tinubu, whether you believe it or not, is held in the highest esteem by other leaders outside Nigeria and indeed Africa.
Re: Humiiated In Osun, Rejected In Lagos, Will Aregbesola Return To Tinubu's Camp? by JastSiryin(m): 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2022
Dsalvo:

Not true and you know this. Tinubu is genuinely well regarded for being modern, visionary, innovative, effective and delivering tangible transformation in a cesspit of retrogressive corruption.

The West does not think hypocritically or without pragmatism as Africans do. They know corruption is the system in Africa and they don't pretend any leader can operate in Africa and Nigeria, for now, without a degree of involvement in corruption.

They know corruption is attitudinal, plus a part of everyday life for most Africans, and not a leadership issue alone as folks like you simplistically insist. With that in mind, they seek the 'next best options' in that environment.

The next best option is of course leaders who operate in the corruption and still manage to be productive, visionary, reformational and innovative where nearly all else are emptily corrupt.

Believe me, Westerners are raised to be unrealistic. They won't seek saints where non exist or cannot exist. They pragmatically work with the best available in those environments.

This is why Tinubu, whether you believe it or not, is held in the highest esteem by other leaders outside Nigeria and indeed Africa.
Let me perhaps agree that we as a nation are "fantastically corrupt" as some would say. No country is exempt from it, not even the Westerners in which your statement tries to portray as above this moral disease. But their society still functions, and this is much because they recognise the rule of law, something which your "visionary" has thoughtlessly trampled on both directly and indirectly.

Do you think any meaningful and lasting improvement could come from this comatose system we run? I'm sorry to say,but even a man as powerful as Tinubu would be nothing but the usual, he would go by the way of many other ineffective leaders we've had. Worse of, is a very strong tendency that he would be even more tyrannical.

Visionary is a strong word for someone who would align and help instill a person who is ideologically backward just so that he can secure his own seat at the throne. Not minding the ripple effect it would have on our country. No one should tell you that we're worse of than we've ever been as a nation.

That is greed at it's core. And chronic megalomania to even think that he's the messiah that would set everything to right.

A true Visionary recognises that the future he/she is trying to propagate may not have themselves at the centre when it materialises. And are okay knowing that they may cease to have direct control of its outcome and lose relevance. But she or he still goes putting self aside for the collective good.I fail to see how Tinubu is any of this. He has clearly stated that the presidency is an ambition, and that's all there is to it honestly.

We're deeply divided as a nation, especially along ethno-religious lines. And it still is this sentiment that informs our decisions,especially when it comes to the matter of the Presidency. It's why we can easily overlook very worrisome flaws in our leaders, and they in turn manipulate us at will.

Hate the Igbos or not, but I see nothing wrong in wanting out of a system that clearly doesn't work. Where there's no equity.

Wasn't it your Tinubu who was quoted to have said he didn't believe Nigeria was a country? Of course he would backtrack seeing that the system currently favors his plans. I would be wary of such an individual even if he where to be my tribesman.

I really hope I'm wrong. Just look at how bad things are now. Anything worse would be a thing of nightmares.
Re: Humiiated In Osun, Rejected In Lagos, Will Aregbesola Return To Tinubu's Camp? by Godspikin: 6:27pm On Mar 12, 2023
9jayes:

Aregbe is the next president after Buhari, mark this comment

How far?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Addresses World Leaders At 3rd India-Africa Forum Summit / 21 Freed Chibok Girls, BBOG Reacts: We Always Knew PMB Could Rescue Chibok Girls / Atiku, Saraki, Secondus Lands Kaduna State Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.